Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience (12889 Views)

Discover What Makes Seychelles Island An Amazing Place To Visit / Seychelles Is Not What You Think It Is! (cost Of Living) / Travel To Seychelles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by shawlar(m): 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
kakakii:
we just left Seychelles immigration now.

as soon as they saw our Nigeria passport another nightmare begins, they started interrogating us. they asked how much we brought with us, we told them. their policy is that you must have 150$ per day for your duration of staying so we had exactly the amount.

they asked for our Airbnb reservation which we showed them, we also showed our return ticket and everything checks out, then the officer called her fellow officers on us and we were delayed for about an hour first.

they called our host and asked if we have fully paid, she told them we paid and they have received the money already.

after few hours they collected our passport and told told us to come back for it when we are about to leave.

I was angry and I wanted to tell them to send us back because the humiliation is not worth it, my friend said it's dangerous to say that which I reason with him.. and again their country their rules...

They really do not have any right to hold on to your passport... How do they expect you to prove to any lawman in the street that you are in their country legally. You should have told them that the passport is the property of the Federal Government of Nigeria and you are just it’s custodian. That if they really want to seize your passport they would have to call the Nigerian Embassy and explain it to the consular official there.
it’s absolutely ridiculous for them to withhold your passport for no reason at all

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by shawlar(m): 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
kakakii:
I just sit down now dey relax for living room and this bird enter for window

Oh boi... Na your village people be that ooo, shocked shocked undecided
You better begin to cast and bind grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by tonyb2019: 12:30am On Nov 16, 2019
No doubt that problem is at that airport, I think they have much to improve. Very distant from how they treat you in Europe. Where even hire minibus is easy with any operator or with the best https://8rental.com/minibus-hire-amsterdam. No doubt to travel to different parts is better in good hands.

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 4:19am On Nov 16, 2019
so we went to la digue island yesterday for excursion where the colonial master used to live and their formal president, there is really nothing much to show apart from their history and their cultural heritage.

after all that we left the excursion and headed to La Digue beach where we met the Black Seychelles citizen. Seychelles race set up is just like south Africa too, the difference is their black is much more isolated and you will only find higher percentage of them in Ladigue island. the island is Rural and you won't find many modern building there like MAHE ( capital ).

immediately we left the excursion we saw a ( black ) woman who quickly recognised us as Nigerians, we asked how she knew she said she just knew because she has mingle with some Nigerians and our face look Nigerian. that's a wild guess mehn, we didn't even talk through out the excursion or walking.

WE met another guy who is mad with Nigerian music but doesn't know those artist are from Nigeria, the guy said most of them in Ladigue island are madly in love with artist like TEKNO, WIZKID, DAVIDO, P-SQUARE , burna boy . he said burna boy is his favourite artist.

THE MOST SHOCKING IS HE THINKS ALL THESE ARTIST ARE NOT FROM NIGERIA, he said the only Nigerian artist he knows is Mr Eazi grin grin. he said with authority that burna boy is from Kenya and wizkid is from Kenya.

we sha educate him small.

he took us to the DJ near the beach where we ordered for smoothie and the DJ played Nigerian music for us, we danced small and all the tourist started dancing to Wizkid totori then he played burna boy YE.

we left La digue for PRASLIN another island

I tell you these people have different idea of Africa and Nigeria as a country, one citizen even told us she only know Nigerians to come and work not for tourism or vacation while some certain citizen think south Africa is the only country in the whole Africa I kid you not.
a lot of experience I have forgotten !!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 4:24am On Nov 16, 2019
La digue

4 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 4:25am On Nov 16, 2019
Ladique

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 4:25am On Nov 16, 2019
formal colonial house

4 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 4:26am On Nov 16, 2019
Giant tortoise

4 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 4:27am On Nov 16, 2019
Tortoise

3 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 4:30am On Nov 16, 2019
it will take you 2 hours on boat from MAHE to La Digue while it takes you 15 minute from la digue to Praslin Island

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by IamR: 6:41am On Nov 16, 2019
kakakii:

Since we used Ethiopian airline they won't stamp you, they only check your passport and check you in, same when checking out. As long as its Ethiopian airline. And if your lay over is more than 9 hours they give you hotel
If your lay over is more than 9 hours, you will be given accommodation voucher with transit visa card. You will be stamped in for 24Hrs.

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 6:56am On Nov 16, 2019
so some guys have been messaging me about going to work in Seychelles. why in the world would you even think about working in a place where the population is less than 100,000 and the main source of income is tourism, I mean how pessimistic must you have been for you to think about '' hustling'' in Seychelles.

except you want to work in resort or hotel bartender whatever don't even think about it, the only thing you are coming here to do is to spend money, Seychelles is crazily expensive and if you are eating out 200$ won't be enough per day if you are eating 3 times daily I am not exaggerating at all.
Dubai is much more cheaper than Seychelles in all ramification. again don't come to Seychelles with that mindset.

yes people dey work here and you might be lucky, so if you want to plan your life based on ''being lucky'' then I wish you the best in your journey.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by henrydadon(m): 6:56am On Nov 16, 2019
Very beautiful place.

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2019
we left La Digue for PRASLIN....

for people coming here for tourism when booking accommodation make sure you are booking in MAHE, don't make the mistake of booking in Praslin or La Digue because you won't you enjoy your stay. so make sure to take note of that as it's very important.

when went on excursion to Praslin and to be sincere there is nothing really to look forward to in that place, the only good thing about Praslin is the beach.. ever since I have been going to beaches Praslin beach is the best I have been in cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy the waves and the cleanliness wow.

there is a hotel in Praslin about 30 buildings, the whole buildings are built by Emirate Airline, it's one of the few 5 star hotel in the whole seychelles. I heard Eden island was also built by Dubai government when they came to work.

we are back home now and there is nothing much to do again, we are using today to rest against tomorrow when we will be departing to my country.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:25am On Nov 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by otokx(m): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2019
Nice thread.

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Obagreatdatoye(m): 9:50am On Nov 16, 2019
I love the thread

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2019
I'll love to have this kind of experience someday. Life is too short to stay in one place.

6 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Asquare84(m): 11:31am On Nov 16, 2019
kakakii:
so some guys have been messaging me about going to work in Seychelles. why in the world would you even think about working in a place where the population is less than 100,000 and the main source of income is tourism, I mean how pessimistic must you have been for you to think about '' hustling'' in Seychelles.

except you want to work in resort or hotel bartender whatever don't even think about it, the only thing you are coming here to do is to spend money, Seychelles is crazily expensive and if you are eating out 200$ won't be enough per day if you are eating 3 times daily I am not exaggerating at all.
Dubai is much more cheaper than Seychelles in all ramification. again don't come to Seychelles with that mindset.

yes people dey work here and you might be lucky, so if you want to plan your life based on ''being lucky'' then I wish you the best in your journey.

Seychelles is a tax heaven for politicians all over the world who hide their ill gotten wealth there

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Googledrive12: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
Op well done ! I feel very sad about your experience at the port of entry because I and my fiancée have bought tickets for a trip to Seychelles , that is why I came on Nairaland to see if there is a thread about journey to Seychelles and luckily I found this information .. I just want to know if any other document is required except our passports .. though she will come from Germany I will travel alone from hear because it will be a waste of Money for her to come home first before we leave for Seychelles . I hope you fill me inn with more information on your experience there, both positive and negetive for it will be really appreciated . To look forward to your replay . Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 6:52am On Nov 17, 2019
Googledrive12:
Op well done ! I feel very sad about your experience at the port of entry because I and my fiancée have bought tickets for a trip to Seychelles , that is why I came on Nairaland to see if there is a thread about journey to Seychelles and luckily I found this information .. I just want to know if any other document is required except our passports .. though she will come from Germany I will travel alone from hear because it will be a waste of Money for her to come home first before we leave for Seychelles . I hope you fill me inn with more information on your experience there, both positive and negetive for it will be really appreciated . To look forward to your replay . Thanks.

to avoid our experience

1. make sure you have 150$ per day for times the duration of your stay

2. book hotel and make sure you both have copies

3. let them know your wife will be joining you from germany ( they might want to check your phone for proof )

4. book tour package

married couple ( or finace/fiancée ) don't normally have issues but since you guys wont be travelling together .. I am not sure what your experience is going to be ..

you know people experience tend to differ, you might get there and they will even be tired to query you

make sure you hold 1000$ cash I repeat and make sure you have money in your visa card …. so if they ask how much is with you just tell them the cash with you and your visa card

you don't necessarily need to have cash in your hand but it's not worth the stress to not have cash at hand

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2019
@googledrive12 also don't be discouraged by our experience as the only thing that spoilt Seychelles experience is the immigration if you can pass through that you are good. Seychelles is a very nice place for holiday and vacation you will definitely enjoy your stay here without a doubt...
the weather this time is hotter than Nigeria which is unexpected from me giving the fact that they are literally in the middle of the ocean.

it's expensive but it's worth it .. the people are very very nice and always ready to help. make sure you go to LA DIGUE for the smoothie, the best in Seychelles grin

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:27am On Nov 17, 2019
we learnt to swim in 2 days as it's pointless going to the beach without swimming ( pointless to us ) . I can now swim without drowning and also move small cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Kelluz: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2019
Good morning thanks for the information... I intend travelling to Seychelles with an invite from a Seychelles citizen.please do you have an idea of the requirements? What is the required BTA ..Do I need to go with my ATM?
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Kelluz: 11:46am On Nov 17, 2019
I intend Travelling to Seychelles with an invite ...do u have an idea of the required BTA ? Do I need to o go with my ATM..what are the requirements?

to avoid our experience

1. make sure you have 150$ per day for times the duration of your stay

2. book hotel and make sure you both have copies

3. let them know your wife will be joining you from germany ( they might want to check your phone for proof )

4. book tour package

married couple ( or finace/fiancée ) don't normally have issues but since you guys wont be travelling together .. I am not sure what your experience is going to be ..

you know people experience tend to differ, you might get there and they will even be tired to query you

make sure you hold 1000$ cash I repeat and make sure you have money in your visa card …. so if they ask how much is with you just tell them the cash with you and your visa card

you don't necessarily need to have cash in your hand but it's not worth the stress to not have cash at hand
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by 4ckyou: 12:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
jojokings:
Please is one allowed to get jobs in Seychelles?, and you if you marry there women will you get permanent residence permit? . Kindly interview a hustling Nigerian over there to know what are his challenges. I heard hospitality jobs are much there. Thanks so much for the updates, your are already saving destinies.

kakakii

please answer this

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Kelluz: 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good morning thanks for the information... I intend travelling to Seychelles with an invite from a Seychelles citizen.please do you have an idea of the requirements? What is the required BTA ..Do I need to go with my ATM?
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
Free

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
Style

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
Turtle island

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Turtle shaped

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Seychelles

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun N69bn MKO Abiola International Airport: Untold Story Of A Promising Project / Closure Of Jibowu Rail Crossing For 30 Days; Lagos Announces Traffic Diversion / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.