Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,488 members, 7,954,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool (23297 Views)

Guardiola: "I Will Sleep Better When I Dont Have To Stop Neymar" (photos) / Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" / Guardiola: "I Will Stay 100% At Man City And The Truth Will Prevail" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Banter1(m): 8:30am On Nov 11, 2019
I support Chelsea but I want Liverpool to win the league.....I hate city no be only them waka come.

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by MNDY(m): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2019
logon599:
Mind games. Liverpool were 7 points clear after 20 games last season and you still caught them with 18 games left. Now they're 9 clear and we've not even reached halfway yet. Meanwhile what a job Lampard and Rodgers are doing at Chelsea and Leicester respectively. If Chelsea beat Man City after the international break, they will become Liverpool's main challenger for the title. And to think Chelsea are the team with the transfer ban and the team that lost their most influential player at the beginning of the season. Regardless of what happens at the end of the season I think credit is due. Mount, Abraham, Tomori, Pulisic, Zouma. On another day these names sound like players you'll draft to help you avoid defeat to Brentford in the Carabao cup but Lampard has got them believing and challenging at the very top. Kudos. From a non Chelsea fan.

Meanwhile people contact me for your well designed building plans at very good prices and from any where you're based. I make ordinary houses extraordinary with top designs. Contact is in signature below and in any of the links there. Previous design samples are available. Thank you!

Pulisic especially is driving me wild.
Dude is always ever-ready for action.
Lamp is putting in serious work. And young as they are, underestimate them at your own risk.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by agzoo(m): 8:38am On Nov 11, 2019
logon599:
Mind games. Liverpool were 7 points clear after 20 games last season and you still caught them with 18 games left. Now they're 9 clear and we've not even reached halfway yet. Meanwhile what a job Lampard and Rodgers are doing at Chelsea and Leicester respectively. If Chelsea beat Man City after the international break, they will become Liverpool's main challenger for the title. And to think Chelsea are the team with the transfer ban and the team that lost their most influential player at the beginning of the season. Regardless of what happens at the end of the season I think credit is due. Mount, Abraham, Tomori, Pulisic, Zouma. On another day these names sound like players you'll draft to help you avoid defeat to Brentford in the Carabao cup but Lampard has got them believing and challenging at the very top. Kudos. From a non Chelsea fan.

Meanwhile people contact me for your well designed building plans at very good prices and from any where you're based. I make ordinary houses extraordinary with top designs. Contact is in signature below and in any of the links there. Previous design samples are available. Thank you!
It has happened before dosent mean it's bound to happen again. do you make same mistake twice?
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by FuckAllTheMODs: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2019
Trabelsi10:

And Robertson.

And Henderson too...

I used to think that guy does not have any effect until yesterday when he was subbed off

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Kingsteve(m): 8:42am On Nov 11, 2019
maynation:
How? grin
City should catch up with leicester, na them be mate.

She also likes footy.
My kinda girl.
grin

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by mvem(m): 8:47am On Nov 11, 2019
domino4211:
We know Liverpool very well.
All they need is one loss.
I assure you, they'd start losing till Man city topples them..
how many lose last season ?
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by 49cents(m): 8:54am On Nov 11, 2019
domino4211:

That was before they became the champions of Europe.

Those guys have grown in confidence even in the face of defeat they have learnt to fight back and have been rewarded with comebacks...now this is the stuff of champions

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by FakeManna: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Its over.. The points and the goals difference no be here

Excepts if all this Liverpool players are injured for like 6 months...

Dijk
Fabinho
Mane
Alexander Arnold
Firminho
[/s]
trash
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by mvem(m): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2019
domino4211:
Liverpool wey lose one match last season...unbeaten in Anfield for more than 2 years...back to back UCL final....oga when you see good thing talk am even if you hate the person or thing in question.

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by dotedote: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2019
Realfrankie:
This two Men that doesn't shave

THESE two men that DON'T shave.

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Progress62(m): 9:11am On Nov 11, 2019
Don't just transfer the aggression on my darling chelsea
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Angelfrost(m): 9:26am On Nov 11, 2019
dammyBoxes:
;DI am a Chelsea fan and I must confess Lampard has totally surprised me

Lampard has truly outdone himself this time... He has surpassed all expectations. Manager of the season so far.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Dannyozs(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2019
Alanpoza007:

Be civil if you are going to quote me on this forum. I don't banter words with people throwing foul languages here and there. If you could call what Pep achieved in Bayern success, then you know nothing about football. Before he came on board, Bayern just won the treble but were did he take them? He was thrashed severely in the Champions League by Barça, Juve and Madrid compensating himself with German league and league cups which Bayern had been winning for fun before he came around. He was brought into Man City mainly for the Champions League but he has fallen short of that despite the huge spendings. Still winning domestic titles that Man City had no problems winning before he came around with the likes of Mancini and Pellegrini. Argue with points and not emotions next time.
how many leagues and Champions league did Klopp win at Dortmund? Guardiola has done well, he delivered the league back to back and still gunning for another. U should be ashamed trying to rubbish his achievements
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Kulas: 9:36am On Nov 11, 2019
If Mane,Arnold,Firmino and/or Van D get injury, that will be the end of LiVARpool.

These are the engine of LiVARpool and none of these guyz do get injury. In fact all LiVARpool players are not injury prone,I don't know why. And this is giving them edge over others.

If the Ref officiated well, you and I know that LiVARpool did not win the match.Man City still remain the best team in England that even other football fans don't miss watching their game. They make football very entertaining

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Kulas: 9:44am On Nov 11, 2019
Omonigeriarere:

Nothing makes a different yesterday than a ref who acted in favour of Liverpool.

It seems that VAR was on sabbatical leave.

Exactly bro.

Truth be told,LiVARpool did not win the match. The Ref just hate Guardiola.He collected bribe

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by akinonigbinde: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2019
logon599:

it's a lie, you're a Chelsea fan. Stop playing mind games
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Ximenez(m): 9:57am On Nov 11, 2019
boninho:

Chelsea has improved but they are not going to beat City at Etihad.....City is a different level....Chelsea has stabilized enough to beat the mid table guys sha but don't get excited. The likes of Tomori, Abraham, Mount haven't experienced the kind of pressure City will pose at Etihad....did they beat Sheffield, no...Leicester, no.... Liverpool, no....these are the people that have started excellently this season
City is wounded, they will 100% beat Chelsea after Int'l break...let's not lay too much expectations on Chelsea, they are still growing and evolving
Football is not 1+1
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by immaculate1234(m): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2019
My choice cannot be your alternative just say you are IN

Realhommie:
That would be almost impossible.. I do not see Liverpool slipping like they did the last 2 seasons.. Heck, they've been the most consistent side the last couple of seasons and they look good to claim their first EPL title in over 2 decades.

Since Arsenal they misbehave, Liverpool don become my alternate team for England. #YNWA
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by boninho: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2019
Ximenez:
Football is not 1+1
So Chelsea can win the league too because football is not 1+1?..lol.....theres no certainty but there's a level of probability in every event
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Victorking22: 10:42am On Nov 11, 2019
Manchester city might try and beat Chelsea after the international break or if Chelsea play very well I don't know
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Jaymaestro(m): 10:44am On Nov 11, 2019
Anyone who believes Pep is insane. This is a mind game and its annoying. Make Klopp no become complacent at all. This man and his bald hair is clever and smart.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Thisis2raw(m): 10:48am On Nov 11, 2019
maynation:

You are still living in last season? grin grin
no am living in the future
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Alanpoza007: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2019
Dannyozs:
how many leagues and Champions league did Klopp win at Dortmund? Guardiola has done well, he delivered the league back to back and still gunning for another. U should be ashamed trying to rubbish his achievements
Klopp won back to back league titles with Dortmund and narrowly lost out of the Champions League to Bayern in 2013 with one of the youngest sides in Bundesliga history and a low transfer budget. Came to Liverpool and played back to back Champions League final winning that few months ago, still with a net spend of +67million Pounds. The net spend of Man City under Guardiola is surely in negative values cos they spend way more than they sell. He could afford two different first 11 elevens and you expect him not to win back to back league titles with that. How many other managers have such luxury of unlimited cash to spend at their disposal? I can bet he will head to PSG next where there are enough Arab money to spend. Why can't he challenge himself like Klopp and Lampard has done. Klopp came to Liverpool at a time Liverpool were struggling to even qualify for Champions League places but has returned the team to its glory days as a team to be dreaded in England and Europe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Realhommie(m): 11:14am On Nov 11, 2019
immaculate1234:
My choice cannot be your alternative just say you are IN

Lol.. I'm loyal to Arsenal and will always be a Gunner.. But i like how the Reds are playing at the moment and i do want them to win the league..
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Realhommie(m): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2019
Alanpoza007:

Klopp won back to back league titles with Dortmund and narrowly lost out of the Champions League to Bayern in 2013 with one of the youngest sides in Bundesliga history and a low transfer budget. Came to Liverpool and played back to back Champions League final winning that few months ago, still with a net spend of +67million Pounds. The net spend of Man City under Guardiola is surely in negative values cos they spend way more than they sell. He could afford two different first 11 elevens and you expect him not to win back to back league titles with that. How many other managers have such luxury of unlimited cash to spend at their disposal? I can bet he will head to PSG next where there are enough Arab money to spend. Why can't he challenge himself like Klopp and Lampard has done. Klopp came to Liverpool at a time Liverpool were struggling to even qualify for Champions League places but has returned the team to its glory days as a team to be dreaded in England and Europe.
Your analysis is spot on..

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Cityfirstborn(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2019
Alanpoza007:

Forget about net spend, how much has klopp spent in the last 2 season, who is the most costly defender and keeper in the epl, how much was keita and some other players in Liv bought..Football has evolved, without massive investment just like business you will get little or no return..pep met old players in city, he had to do a massive clear out selling 14 first team players and recruiting young bloods like sane, ederson, laporte, stones, Bernardo, zinchenko, angelino, jesus etc who were relatively unknown, not forgetting his work on sterling.. Learn to give respect where it's due..Pep is a genius and the best in the world, he broke every record in England. Nobody ever thought a team will win EPL with 100pts and still play spectacular football unlike Liverpool that plays a counter attack football against the big team....If you are a young player, without sentiment who would you rather coach you? pep or klopp

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by BluntBoy(m): 12:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
Cityfirstborn:

Forget about net spend, how much has klopp spent in the last 2 season, who is the most costly defender and keeper in the epl, how much was keita and some other players in Liv bought..Football has evolved, without massive investment just like business you will get little or no return..pep met old players in city, he had to do a massive clear out selling 14 first team players and recruiting young bloods like sane, ederson, laporte, stones, Bernardo, zinchenko, angelino, jesus etc who were relatively unknown, not forgetting his work on sterling.. Learn to give respect where it's due..Pep is a genius and the best in the world, he broke every record in England. Nobody ever thought a team will win EPL with 100pts and still play spectacular football unlike Liverpool that plays a counter attack football against the big team....If you are a young player, without sentiment who would you rather coach you? pep or klopp

Permit me to join this argument.

According to records (H2H), Klopp trumps Pep, albeit slightly. Football is a matter of strategy, not necessarily what beautiful football you play. Working with different teams and management, and yet Klopp has managed more wins against Pep than Pep could manage against him. So, it is safe to say that Klopp is the better coach.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
FuckAllTheMODs:

And Henderson too...

I used to think that guy does not have any effect until yesterday when he was subbed off
I swear, very hardworking player. That assist was incredible.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by FuckAllTheMODs: 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
Trabelsi10:

I swear, very hardworking player. That assist was incredible.

I now see why the coach like using him despite the critics
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by djon78(m): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
boninho:

Chelsea has improved but they are not going to beat City at Etihad.....City is a different level....Chelsea has stabilized enough to beat the mid table guys sha but don't get excited. The likes of Tomori, Abraham, Mount haven't experienced the kind of pressure City will pose at Etihad....did they beat Sheffield, no...Leicester, no.... Liverpool, no....these are the people that have started excellently this season
City is wounded, they will 100% beat Chelsea after Int'l break...let's not lay too much expectations on Chelsea, they are still growing and evolving

Well can't really say that.
I never believed Liverpool will play city like an ordinary club yesterday.
In Chelsea vs Liverpool games I have watched this season Chelsea even matched Liverpool man to man, they even outplayed them in supercup while in the league Chelsea were the better side in the second half of the game. Even in champions league got 4 points off game with Ajax that plays excellent football.

The only team that beat Chelsea convincingly was Man Utd, and none other this season.
And this Chelsea team are getting better with every game. They have won past 6 league games. There is a strong belief coming up in those boys, Lampard is doing a marvelous work on that team.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
FuckAllTheMODs:

I now see why the coach like using him despite the critics

That's it bro. Henderson, Lallana and Milner. They are very hardworking players. And Klopp believes in hardwork. But to be sincere I think that Hendo shouldn't be playing football LOL
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by boninho: 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
djon78:

Well can't really say that.
I never believed Liverpool will play city like an ordinary club yesterday.
In Chelsea vs Liverpool games I have watched this season Chelsea even matched Liverpool man to man, they even outplayed them in supercup while in the league Chelsea were the better side in the second half of the game. Even in champions league got 4 points off game with Ajax that plays excellent football.

The only team that beat Chelsea convincingly was Man Utd, and none other this season.
And this Chelsea team are getting better with every game. They have won past 6 league games. There is a strong belief coming up in those boys, Lampard is doing a marvelous work on that team.
Firstly, circumstances determine how teams adjust... Liverpool had the luxury to sit back because they already had a 3 goal cushion, it's pointless pressing, attacking knowing the opponents you're playing and you already 3goals up.
Concerning Chelsea, we are talking about Crystal palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Southampton, brighton...these are the past five games....palace, Newcastle and Brighton were played at home, Southampton have been abysmal so far....these are not games to start getting confident going to Etihad...it's good they are winning but come on, most of the opponents are no hopers....I mentioned Sheffield united, Leicester, Liverpool...3 opponents that have started the season well, Chelsea didnt win any...You mentioned Ajax, a team that had scored 4goals already then reduced to 9 men and Chelsea equalized around 70+mins, yet couldn't find one more goal at home for about 20mins left including added time.
Losing at Etihad doesn't mean all the good works done so far has no meaning but believe me Chelsea will be beaten at Etihad after Int'l break

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Scores Four Goals In Napoli Pre-Season Win / Paul Onuachu Celebrates His 26th Birthday Today (Photos) / 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.