Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool (23140 Views)

Guardiola: "I Will Sleep Better When I Dont Have To Stop Neymar" (photos) / Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" / Guardiola: "I Will Stay 100% At Man City And The Truth Will Prevail" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by yusufhaji(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
helinues:
Its over.. The points and the goals difference no be here

Excepts if all this Liverpool players are injured for like 6 months...

Dijk
Fabinho
Mane
Alexander Arnold
Firminho
And Sallah
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by djon78(m): 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
boninho:

Firstly, circumstances determine how teams adjust... Liverpool had the luxury to sit back because they already had a 3 goal cushion, it's pointless pressing, attacking knowing the opponents you're playing and you already 3goals up.
Concerning Chelsea, we are talking about Crystal palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Southampton, brighton...these are the past five games....palace, Newcastle and Brighton were played at home, Southampton have been abysmal so far....these are not games to start getting confident going to Etihad...it's good they are winning but come on, most of the opponents are no hopers....I mentioned Sheffield united, Leicester, Liverpool...3 opponents that have started the season well, Chelsea didnt win any...You mentioned Ajax, a team that had scored 4goals already then reduced to 9 men and Chelsea equalized around 70+mins, yet couldn't find one more goal at home for about 20mins left including added time.
Losing at Etihad doesn't mean all the good works done so far has no meaning but believe me Chelsea will be beaten at Etihad after Int'l break

No need to say much after international we shall see how far.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by bewla(m): 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
domino4211:
We know Liverpool very well.
All they need is one loss.
I assure you, they'd start losing till Man city topples them..
pls have a glass of water and turn your mouth to prayer warrior so as not to lose ur tickets ameen
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by FuckAllTheMODs: 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
Trabelsi10:

That's it bro. Henderson, Lallana and Milner. They are very hardworking players. And Klopp believes in hardwork. But to be sincere I think that Hendo shouldn't be playing football LOL

No be only u, anytime Liverpool get match and I see the guy for the lineup, my mood about the match dey dey one kind one kind. It is well sha
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by iphanyi10(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
boninho:

Chelsea has improved but they are not going to beat City at Etihad.....City is a different level....Chelsea has stabilized enough to beat the mid table guys sha but don't get excited. The likes of Tomori, Abraham, Mount haven't experienced the kind of pressure City will pose at Etihad....did they beat Sheffield, no...Leicester, no.... Liverpool, no....these are the people that have started excellently this season
City is wounded, they will 100% beat Chelsea after Int'l break...let's not lay too much expectations on Chelsea, they are still growing and evolving

I also share most of your assertion, however, you cannot say a team will beat another team 100%. there is always a chance of an upset no matter how minute it might be.

let's keep our fingers crossed!

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by boninho: 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
iphanyi10:

I also share most of your assertion, however, you cannot say a team will beat another team 100%. there is always a chance of an upset no matter how minute it might be.

let's keep our fingers crossed!

True sha
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by boninho: 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
djon78:

No need to say much after international we shall see how far.
True sha, it's just my prediction
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Ximenez(m): 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
boninho:

So Chelsea can win the league too because football is not 1+1?..lol.....theres no certainty but there's a level of probability in every event
That's why you shouldn't have said it's 100% certain that city will win the match. I don't know when you started watching football but the better team don't always win. Even referees decide games single handedly these days. What if that handball was correctly given as a penalty and Salahs goal was correctly ruled offside.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Ximenez(m): 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
boninho:

Chelsea has improved but they are not going to beat City at Etihad.....City is a different level....Chelsea has stabilized enough to beat the mid table guys sha but don't get excited. The likes of Tomori, Abraham, Mount haven't experienced the kind of pressure City will pose at Etihad....did they beat Sheffield, no...Leicester, no.... Liverpool, no....these are the people that have started excellently this season
City is wounded, they will 100% beat Chelsea after Int'l break...let's not lay too much expectations on Chelsea, they are still growing and evolving
Yea, you are right. Those boys still play with some level of nervousness and fear against big name teams.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Dollywood(m): 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
Alanpoza007:

Klopp won back to back league titles with Dortmund and narrowly lost out of the Champions League to Bayern in 2013 with one of the youngest sides in Bundesliga history and a low transfer budget. Came to Liverpool and played back to back Champions League final winning that few months ago, still with a net spend of +67million Pounds. The net spend of Man City under Guardiola is surely in negative values cos they spend way more than they sell. He could afford two different first 11 elevens and you expect him not to win back to back league titles with that. How many other managers have such luxury of unlimited cash to spend at their disposal? I can bet he will head to PSG next where there are enough Arab money to spend. Why can't he challenge himself like Klopp and Lampard has done. Klopp came to Liverpool at a time Liverpool were struggling to even qualify for Champions League places but has returned the team to its glory days as a team to be dreaded in England and Europe.

You're a blind hater, Pep is far better than klopp, he won a treble with Barcelona with 2 champions league, He won the league and humiliated Madrid in Spain, And to make it clear, he won his first treble in his first season as a Barcelona coach!!! From 2009-2012 Barcelona dominated the world. And you're to critize him for having a formidable team, He's the kinda coach that brings the best of out players, He brings the best out of Xavi,iniesta, busquet, Messi, villa, pedro, puyol, abidal, and co. None of those players are among the world bests before the arrival of the legendary Pep except Messi.

Pep is way betterrr!! His stats will speak for him.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Jokerman(m): 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
Dollywood:

You're a blind hater, Pep is far better than klopp, he won a treble with Barcelona with 2 champions league, He won the league and humiliated Madrid in Spain, And to make it clear, he won his first treble in his first season as a Barcelona coach!!! From 2009-2012 Barcelona dominated the world. And you're to critize him for having a formidable team, He's the kinda coach that brings the best of out players, He brings the best out of Xavi,iniesta, busquet, Messi, villa, pedro, puyol, abidal, and co. None of those players are among the world bests before the arrival of the legendary Pep except Messi.

Pep is way betterrr!! His stats will speak for him.

Shut it... Klopp has beaten Guardiola more even with less spending, hence,

Klopp > Guardiola

Inter won a treble on 2010, hence they were the best team in the world that year...

In 2012 Madrid beat you to win the league with 100 points, which Barcelona had never done by then

So how did you dominate the world??

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Dollywood(m): 12:29am On Nov 12, 2019
Jokerman:

Shut it... Klopp has beaten Guardiola more even with less spending, hence,

Klopp > Guardiola

Inter won a treble on 2010, hence they were the best team in the world that year...

In 2012 Madrid beat you to win the league with 100 points, which Barcelona had never done by then

So how did you dominate the world??

How much did Guardiola spent in Barcelona to win the treble? How many Champions league and league trophy klopp has compared to guardiola? Stop being a hater! The stats are there and it favours guardiola. You're really deluded to even say spending determines a better manager!?

Barcelona won the treble in 2009, won La liga in 2010, won champions again in 2011 and reach the champions league semi final in 2012 That is dominance dude.

The team that pep build in Barcelona is the best team of the 21ST CENTURY.
Klopp can't achieve that using academy players to rule the football world!

PEP is gonna end up being the greatest manager of all time. That bald man is a genius! I respect klopp but that doesn't make me blind to seen the fact that guardiola was better.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Jokerman(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2019
Dollywood:

How much did Guardiola spent in Barcelona to win the treble? How many Champions league and league trophy klopp has compared to guardiola? Stop being a hater! The stats are there and it favours guardiola. You're really deluded to even say spending determines a better manager!?

Barcelona won the treble in 2009, won La liga in 2010, won champions again in 2011 and reach the champions league semi final in 2012 That is dominance dude.

The team that pep build in Barcelona is the best team of the 21ST CENTURY.
Klopp can't achieve that using academy players to rule the football world!

PEP is gonna end up being the greatest manager of all time. That bald man is a genius! I respect klopp but that doesn't make me blind to seen the fact that guardiola was better.

Rubbish analysis

Klopp has beat Pep more times, hence,

Klopp > Pep
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by josephinne(f): 10:14am On Nov 12, 2019
anonymous1759:

You guys are just bad Belle. If you watch ball without sentiment you'll know pep Is fantastic coach stop talking trash that he bought the EPL with players. Alex Ferguson bought many EPL with the English FA.

�� Alex Ferguson bought which EPL and FA Sure you don't need rehab bro??
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Dollywood(m): 8:31pm On Nov 12, 2019
Jokerman:

Rubbish analysis

Klopp has beat Pep more times, hence,

Klopp > Pep

Lol nobody's gonna remember that.. Their achievement will speak for both of them!
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by anonymous1759(m): 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2019
josephinne:

�� Alex Ferguson bought which EPL and FA Sure you don't need rehab bro??

Bet you need it more bro. You forgot how Howard webb and other referee add +7 mins whenever Man is either losing or drawing
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Jokerman(m): 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2019
Dollywood:

Lol nobody's gonna remember that.. Their achievement will speak for both of them!

So you believe then
Ferguson > Pep??
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Dollywood(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Jokerman:

So you believe then
Ferguson > Pep??

If Ferguson achieved better then he's better than guardiola.. But Guardiola is gonna catch me cos he's still young and he's winning trophies every season plus he already has two champions league tie with Alex Ferguson.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by Jokerman(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
Dollywood:

If Ferguson achieved better then he's better than guardiola.. But Guardiola is gonna catch me cos he's still young and he's winning trophies every season plus he already has two champions league tie with Alex Ferguson.

For now nko... Who's greater

Feeguson or pep??
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by dotedote: 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
Realhommie:
Your analysis is spot on..

When you're that good and successful, head to Kano Pillars.
Re: Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool by boninho: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ximenez:
That's why you shouldn't have said it's 100% certain that city will win the match. I don't know when you started watching football but the better team don't always win. Even referees decide games single handedly these days. What if that handball was correctly given as a penalty and Salahs goal was correctly ruled offside.
Hope you saw how my prediction panned out. Chelsea are growing well under Lampard but they still have clear defensive issues that hinders them against top class oppositions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams / Paul Onuachu Celebrates His 26th Birthday Today (Photos) / FIFA Best Awards: 13-man Panel Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.