Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (24436 Views)

My Dad Shouldn't Receive My Bride Price / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 12, 2019
Ishilove:

You are very silly. You people just talk anyhow because you think this is an anonymous forum. Anu ugboko.
Lmao you think if think if it's face to face I won't tell you you're running mouth when you're talking out of ignorance?
Who are you? You people hide behind the tag of "anonymous forum" to overestimate yourselves who exactly do you think you are?
Let me tell you this my friend, you are a nobody

3 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by beejaay: 6:54am On Nov 12, 2019
My dear you don't have a father.. Checkup the definition of a father and you will ur father is neither... A father is someone that protect, defend, fend for, assist, and suffer for the upbringing of a child.. U didn't beg them to bring you to this world, u were brought to this world by the virtue of their enjoyment.. If I did what ur father did as man, then I deserved to be disowned and banished...

This is the time to send a message to your husband to be of the future to come, take a stand and be firm... U have been a wonderful person for even seeking him out and sending to him once in a while but thats enough now... Don't be an ingrate to your uncles for all they have done

2 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Samsonklin(m): 8:10am On Nov 12, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
his sperm that made you will haunt you o
Na lie bros. Me and you are not de same. Just because your dad's own is hunting you does not mean same will happen to me.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by upuphim(m): 9:59am On Nov 12, 2019
There is no alternative to peace especially in marriage. Plead with your Uncle to forgive your father and let him have the dowry because there are many forces that fight against marriage. The real bride price is not much. Your father may go fetish on account of right denial which he may succeed giving you pain. Secondly, it's not a must to do traditional in the village. On walking you to aisle, you hide the wedding date from him to enable your uncle do so.

2 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by QuintessentialW: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2019
I've received so many candid suggestions on this matter. A lot of mature and thoughtful comments. Big thanks to the mods for moving to front page.

I'm immensely grateful to everyone who took out time to genuinely advise me, accordingly. I've done my cut and join with all the pieces of advice here. grin

I promise to come back and update y'all after all's been over and done with.

God bless!

3 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by nams77: 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2019
QuintessentialW:

This makes a lot of sense. Not Owan or Igarra... from Igbanke.

Thanks a lot for your contribution.
Follow what born2breed said. Your father is your father

2 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Ishilove: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
Lilbest3:
Lmao you think if think if it's face to face I won't tell you you're running mouth when you're talking out of ignorance?
Who are you? You people hide behind the tag of "anonymous forum" to overestimate yourselves who exactly do you think you are?
Let me tell you this my friend, you are a nobody
I'm a nobody? This is laughable coming from someone with inferiority complex. Oya, Mr Somebody, tell us who you are na. You are the are the type that people walk all over offline but online you come and claim power. Agama lizard forming crocodile. See him beating his chest like he knows me offline, meanwhile if we should check well he is still feeding off his parents.

Oya come and repeat yourself to my face I you know you get power. Anu ugboko

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by AquariusRising: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
Redoil:
see eh Urhobos men believes that mother are to train children while the father does what he likes with his life. that is why most of them marry up to 5 wives and still have lot of girlfriends with out taking care of their children.

to me who ever takes care of a child up to a marriageable age is entitle to collect the bride price

Oga or Madam.
You have missed the point spectacularly! It is her mother's family that I urhobo/okpe. Her father, the culprits family is from Edo state!

2 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Caseless: 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2019
QuintessentialW:

Yes, I think about that commandment oftentimes. But in all fairness, I've been really good to him inspite of everything. I've been the peacemaker trying to get my siblings to forgive him.

But for that marriage part, for some reasons, I just don't want to go to the village... nor do I want him walking me down the aisle.

I'll really consider born2breed's advice.

just listen to your uncle or have someone talk to him to allow your dad take the bride price and go. I don't think your father deserves anything, on a second thought, he's still your father, except DNA proves otherwise. I still feel if he gets everything , it will make other men misbehave knowing fully well that they can have their ways at the end.
There's something your dad hasn't told u about your mom, her family or you, his children . If you don't tread carefully, he might use your wedding to say stuff that will destroy ur marriage and turn ur man against u.
I'm only sad ur wonderful mom is not here.

2 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Caseless: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2019
AquariusRising:

Oga or Madam.
You have missed the point spectacularly! It is her mother's family that I urhobo/okpe. Her father, the culprits family is from Edo state!
lol@culprit family

3 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2019
suceess:
The glory of the children are their fathers. Let your biological father received your dowry and receive his blessing too.

Leave him with God on failure of his responsibilities, carry your maternal uncle along and let him understand that you needs your father blessings in your life. You don't pay evil with evil but with good.

Let him walk you to the aisle too. Most men are senseless when it comes to fulfilment of their responsibilities but when it comes for collection of their rights they can go any length for it.

Try to forgive him and let your brothers too forgive him.Imagine if your mom still alive, she will not denied him his rights as your father. Just be wise like your mom. God be with you and blessed your marriage.

Go which length? Go any length for rights he didn’t deserve indeed grin

His blessings won’t stop the marriage from lasting or crashing if they don’t do what is right ....his blessing won’t stop them from getting richer or poorer after marriage.

I don’t even know why I’m killing myself over this fake tale by moonlight story cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by AtoningBlood(m): 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2019
I'm from Edo state. Not a taboo at all. A friend of mine was in the same shoes few years back. The dad never cared, only the mum. The dad vowed never to come to Lagos for her wedding, he threatened fire but my friend sef na fire. Long tori short, she did her wedding in Lagos, mum's brother stood as the father of the day.

I also know two sisters who were taken care by maternal grannnies. The mother is late and the father never cared. During their wedding the maternal grannies forbid their father from coming to accept their bride price. The granpa stood as the father for the two of them.

You can't eat where you did not sow.

Forgive him and send him money but honour your mum's brother on your day, let him work you down the aisles.

Uhrobo mennn and some part of akoko edo men can be very promiscuous, they don't care for their children. Not only them sha, it's common among irresponsible men.

2 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ishilove:

I'm a nobody? This is laughable coming from someone with inferiority complex. Oya, Mr Somebody, tell us who you are na. You are the are the type that people walk all over offline but online you come and claim power. Agama lizard forming crocodile. See him beating his chest like he knows me offline, meanwhile if we should check well he is still feeding off his parents.

Oya come and repeat yourself to my face I you know you get power. Anu ugboko
lol. Where can we see each other so that I can come and tell you that you've been running mouth? Drop location or WhatsApp number.
Look if I screenshot my bank statement for you, you will see that my mother has been on my payroll for over two years now. I mean I'm fully responsible for my mother since she got BP. I pay her weekly and I pay my girlfriend's school fees which is hundred thousand plus. I don't depend on anyone. Drop your location, I will come to you and tell you that you've been running mouth and as far as I'm concerned you are a nobody
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Ishilove: 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
Lilbest3:
lol. Where can we see each other so that I can come and tell you that you've been running mouth? Drop location or WhatsApp number.
Look if I screenshot my bank statement for you, you will see that my mother has been on my payroll for over two years now. I mean I'm fully responsible for my mother since she got BP. I pay her weekly and I pay my girlfriend's school fees which is hundred thousand plus. I don't depend on anyone. Drop your location, I will come to you and tell you that you've been running mouth and as far as I'm concerned you are a nobody
Now you are the one running your mouth and blabbing about your imaginary riches. Audio money. Shior

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ishilove:

Now you are the one running your mouth and blabbing about your imaginary riches. Audio money. Shior
lol I'm not rich, far from it. I'm only telling you my responsibilities and that I'm not depending on anyone. I depended on them in the past but now, I'm doing my best to take care of them
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Ishilove: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
Lilbest3:
lol I'm not rich, far from it. I'm only telling you my responsibilities and that I'm not depending on anyone. I depended on them in the past but now, I'm doing my best to take care of them
Whatever. Swerve. You're getting boring.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ishilove:

Whatever. Swerve. You're getting boring.
you've been boring right from start I was only enduring you to reduce your depression and loneliness

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Ishilove: 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
Lilbest3:
you've been boring right from start I was only enduring you to reduce your depression and loneliness
Udonmeanit?!

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by vickydevoka(m): 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

He can always pay their school fees, help them fill jamb form and just be there for his children . Even ordinary phone calls go a long way.
A man should not abandon his children because he is remarried and has started raising another family.
That's if he's rich. If he is a state civil servant he might find it difficult
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2019
vickydevoka:

That's if he's rich. If he is a state civil servant he might find it difficult

Nobody sent the bastard to marry another wife and father other kids

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 13, 2019
Lilbest3:

Audio

2 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by dfrost: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
QuintessentialW:
I've received so many candid suggestions on this matter. A lot of mature and thoughtful comments. Big thanks to the mods for moving to front page.

I'm immensely grateful to everyone who took out time to genuinely advise me, accordingly. I've done my cut and join with all the pieces of advice here. grin

I promise to come back and update y'all after all's been over and done with.

God bless!

I like this. Feedback is key. smiley

Not those that will ask "if I clean my gf bum bum, will I die?", "My mother and wife fight too much?", "I love my wife more than my side chic" "blah blah blah blah blah". After all that no feedback on if it worked or not.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Pours Water On Matrimonial Bed Because Husband Refuses To Buy Her Wig (vid) / Mother Abandons A Newborn Baby In An Uncompleted Building In Kaduna (photos) / Woman Abandons Baby In Day-care (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.