Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki (65459 Views)

Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort / Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road / La Campagne Tropicana, The Most Beautiful Beach Resort In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by pocohantas(f): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
DelTel:

With all due respect, I think you should have made enquiry.

All the times I went there, I stayed in Kodi, and Executive Kodi once and we were 4 in the apartment as it has 2 King-size beds. All Kodi apartments are duplex facing the beach with swimming pool.

Oga, with all due respect, feel free to create your own thread. You obviously know so much about them- CREATE A DAMN THREAD!!

This isn't a sponsored post, I owe them or you nothing. I stated it that I was there for a little over an hour and would (now might) go back for a more comprehensive review of their packages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Tarabye: 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by DelTel(m): 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
pocohantas:

Oga, with all due respect, feel free to create your own thread. You obviously know so much about them- CREATE A DAMN THREAD!!

This isn't a sponsored post, I owe them or you nothing. I stated it that I was there for a little over an hour and would (now might) go back for a more comprehensive review of their packages.

Never knew engaging in what should be an (intelligent) discuss to educate & enlighten one another could elicit such outburst. I had thought an online forum is for constructive engagement and exchange of viewpoints and not a monologue and expectation of adulations from everyone.

All the same, I came in peace and leaving in peace with profound apologies; it wasn't my intention to undermine your perspective.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by lastempero: 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol cheesy

Mehn the look from that angle is just something else.
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by pocohantas(f): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2019
lastempero:

Mehn the look from that angle is just something else.

I would never understand the relationship with men and bumbum/breast cheesy cheesy
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Beautyaddy: 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
pocohantas:

I would never understand the relationship with men and bumbum/breast cheesy cheesy

lol!...That is what the devil used to weaken the thought process of most men. cheesy
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by bukatyne(f): 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
mistyebby:

No its owned by a son of the soil. He featured in an interview I watched on TV.

He has a deep passion for culture and tourism.

Yet does not want the average Nigerian to enjoy it.
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by bukatyne(f): 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2019
pocohantas:
1. La Campagne Tropicana is one of the numerous beaches in Lagos. Situated somewhere in Ibeju Lekki.

WARNING!
The road is FAR. If you do not have patience, if time isn't on your side- pls, don't try it. It would/should take a total of 6hrs for the trip (to and fro), minus traffic. Journey started somewhere on the mainland.

Out of curiousity, on our way there, I tried booking a trip via UBER. Got an estimate of N7700- N10150. If I am a driver, I wouldn't even go. Except you book me for a day job. Lol

Lovely thread, lovelier bum.
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by lastempero: 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
pocohantas:

Is that kind of relationship that exists between a mother and her child.
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by safarigirl(f): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
izzou:

Report reaching us from Poco says is for one night..

ONE NIGHT? angry

The poverty side of my mind is telling me to type that it's much... But the other part of me is saying I'll get to that level in life grin
they have different rooms with different offers.

There are 60k/night rooms there

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by izzou(m): 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
safarigirl:
they have different rooms with different offers.

There are 60k/night rooms there

Wow..

Still pretty expensive. But I think it will be worth it sha grin
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Lovexme(m): 6:31am On Nov 13, 2019
DelTel:

Snake Island is fully occupied by Nigerdock PLC not a resort grin.

I'm going for inspection grin
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by IamPlato(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2019
pocohantas:
12. Random. I just wanted to touch the water. I don't like getting in water though. Before my people would take me back
I Had Always Known you Were One Of Them...

Call Me For The Next Outing make Me Sef See Life outside What My Village People Are Showing Me
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by DelTel(m): 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
Lovexme:

I'm going for inspection grin

Ferryboat available from Ikoyi, Marina and Apapa; however access is only available if you are going to Nigerdock PLC, strictly business visit. Therefore I will advise you get a staff to pre-arrange and confirm your visit.

Only foreigners (we tag expatriate) working for the Lebanese-owned company reside on the island and no fun spots as even these foreigners go to VI, Ikoyi, Lekki to unwind.

I was privileged as a young boy, to watch live grin, few matches of the NFA division 1 professional football league of Nigerdock FC after they bought VIP FC few decades ago. Gaining access to the island was strict.

Last month, I was lucky to be invited as a facilitator for a program; alas, access was even stricter undecided.

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Lovexme(m): 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
DelTel:

Ferryboat available from Ikoyi, Marina and Apapa; however access is only available if you are going to Nigerdock PLC, strictly business visit. Therefore I will advise you get a staff to pre-arrange and confirm your visit.

Only foreigners (we tag expatriate) working for the Lebanese-owned company reside on the island and no fun spots as even these foreigners go to VI, Ikoyi, Lekki to unwind.

I was privileged as a young boy, to watch live grin, few matches of the NFA division 1 professional football league of Nigerdock FC after they bought VIP FC few decades ago. Gaining access to the island was strict.

Last month, I was lucky to be invited as a facilitator for a program; alas, access was even stricter undecided.

Thanks for the detailed piece of information. I have a lead there, but nothing is finalised. Thanks cool

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Organs(m): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
DelTel:

Never knew engaging in what should be an (intelligent) discuss to educate & enlighten one another could elicit such outburst. I had thought an online forum is for constructive engagement and exchange of viewpoints and not a monologue and expectation of adulations from everyone.

All the same, I came in peace and leaving in peace with profound apologies; it wasn't my intention to undermine your perspective.

Thank you.

You should have stopped at the bolded. You were giving constructive feedback. In my opinion all you said was right and appropriate. @Pocohantas came at you arrogantly and rudely. I guess its due to all the praises and shout out on the sharing, pics and reporting.

3 Likes

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by pocohantas(f): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
Organs:

You should have stopped at the bolded. You were giving constructive feedback. In my opinion all you said was right and appropriate. @Pocohantas came at you arrogantly and rudely. I guess its due to all the praises and shout out on the sharing, pics and reporting.

I simply said he should go do his own review. Not telling me what he thinks I should have done, when I have long left there and CLEARLY STATED that I didn't have enough time to do a comprehensive research.

Now, telling him where to stop makes it look like I give two fcks about his apology, I DON'T.

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Organs(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2019
pocohantas:

I simply said he should go do his own review. Not telling me what he thinks I should have done, when I have long left there and CLEARLY STATED that I didn't have enough time to do a comprehensive research.

Now, telling him where to stop makes it look like I give two fcks about his apology, I DON'T.

If i were you, i will learn to accept constructive feedback. YES, agreed you did a good job sharing and getting folks interested in going there however your comment on his comment, the manner, language and overall demeanor was snobbish and dismissive. Reminds me of Mercy Johnson, she might be a good actress but i sincerely do not like her and i will not watch or buy her movies cos of what folks say (verified) about her attitude in nollywood. Ofcourse she doesn't even know i exist, but i am just not her fan. You can give a Bleep and react to criticisms differently or not give a fck and be you and allow that attitude to be a part of you.

3 Likes

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by pocohantas(f): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
Organs:

If i were you, i will learn to accept constructive feedback. YES, agreed you did a good job sharing and getting folks interested in going there however your comment on his comment, the manner, language and overall demeanor was snobbish and dismissive. Reminds me of Mercy Johnson, she might be a good actress but i sincerely do not like her and i will not watch or buy her movies cos of what folks say (verified) about her attitude in nollywood. Ofcourse she doesn't even know i exist, but i am just not her fan. You can give a Bleep and react to criticisms differently or not give a fck and be you and allow that attitude to be a part of you.

I don't care if you think I did a create job, Sir. You can skip that part, you can also skip my threads- I won't notice. While doing that, take your own advice...accept my criticism- GO THERE and come back with a comprehensive report.

I didn't reply his first mention for a reason. He still went back to pick a response to another person, to play critic, after ignoring my DISCLAIMER on the first page.

I would reply him the same way, over and over. Zero regrets.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Organs(m): 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2019
pocohantas:

I don't care if you think I did a create job, Sir. You can skip that part, you can also skip my threads- I won't notice. While doing that, take your own advice...accept my criticism- GO THERE and come back with a comprehensive report.

I didn't reply his first mention for a reason. He still went back to pick a response to another person, to play critic, after ignoring my DISCLAIMER on the first page.

I would reply him the same way, over and over. Zero regrets.

Thank you.

Oh ok, some things i didn't know about earlier that pushed your buttons. shows you took it out on him over somethings he did DESPITE yourself. I am not sir, Ma'am and people comment on threads generally on NL, it has nothing to do with who owns or opened the thread and we learn from the overall experience. Now i mentioned you did a great job cos i assumed you are feeling entitled to what you did (rightly so) and feeling its being taken through the cleaners so youre coming from how dare you, oya go there on a trip and write your own. I actually just had a training on giving and receiving feedback and your comment and reaction here is true to type. Its rooted in Black history, feminism, Nigerian, all that. I am not a Chimamanda fan. However if you care to, watch this. https://www.ted.com/talks/chimamanda_adichie_the_danger_of_a_single_story?language=en

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by pocohantas(f): 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
Organs:

Oh ok, some things i didn't know about earlier that pushed your buttons. shows you took it out on him over somethings he did DESPITE yourself. I am not sir, Ma'am and people comment on threads generally on NL, it has nothing to do with who owns or opened the thread and we learn from the overall experience. Now i mentioned you did a great job cos i assumed you are feeling entitled to what you did (rightly so) and feeling its being taken through the cleaners so youre coming from how dare you, oya go there on a trip and write your own. I actually just had a training on giving and receiving feedback and your comment and reaction here is true to type. Its rooted in Black history, feminism, Nigerian, all that. I am not a Chimamanda fan. However if you care to, watch this. https://www.ted.com/talks/chimamanda_adichie_the_danger_of_a_single_story?language=en

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Thegamingorca(m): 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
Organs:

Who made you inspector, judge and jury? All you little do-gooders don't know when to fold while you are still ahead. You are here posting links. Smh

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by naturefellow(m): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
franchasng:
I just Googled the location, it looks like an unsafe place, what's their security architecture to prevent kidnappers and armed robbers That's the major challenge with going to anywhere outskirt Nigeria's main city areas
stay in your house. Don't go anywhere! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by naturefellow(m): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
cenaman:
na their real fada grin imagine me using my 1year rent to just spend 10days inside pako, who does that?
cheesy
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by franchasng: 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
naturefellow:
stay in your house. Don't go anywhere! cheesy
You will never value security until you are kidnapped or robbed which I pray not.

2 Likes

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Omoluabi16(m): 6:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
sharone21:
Not bad but pricey....I prefer going to Ouidah in Benin Republic which is 1hr 15mins from popular Tokpa park and less than 1hr 25mins from the airport. If u go to Diaspora hotel after KPar-ce bus stop which is close to the beach( also a former slave port aka 'place of no return') you will be glad you went there. Rooms start from 6000cfa( with fan but breeze from the sea is there too so AC room might not be needed)...the hotel is tastefully built and Benin is possibly the safest place in W/Africa or Africa( Togo too is safe). The environment is peaceful too and a tourist delight as not too far from the place you can take coconuts and buy artifacts. Sweet place for a sweet honeymoon. 3 major borders- Idiroko- decent and less stressful, Seme, Owode APA after Badagry( cheapest but pass through a bushy area) or fly in.
Go straight to the point and give a total estimate. angry
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Omoluabi16(m): 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
Tbh, the 5k entry is fair enough. People pay way more than that to watch some people lip sync. If you truly appreciate nature, and consider YOLO this is a small price to pay. The 60k o'er night too is not that bad. I'd rather spend 250+ for a 3 day holiday here. The major challenge is the distance, it is not for mainlanders. angry

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Omoluabi16(m): 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by naturefellow(m): 6:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
franchasng:
You will never value security until you are kidnapped or robbed which I pray not.
I pray tragedy doesn't befall any of us. But you know life passes you by if you do not take calculated risks. I mean, the days are evil - abduction, robbery, incessant auto crashes due to bad roads or recklessness, indiscriminate and avoidable deaths, but life is still going on, business as usual.

My job requires regular travel. At this stage, I can hardly change career or simply stay indoor because of present societal ills or vices. I'm making moves, well thought out moves. Can't afford to be a sitting duck!

Are you in Lagos... Been abducted recently?

1 Like

Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by DelTel(m): 6:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5173955/la-campagne-tropicana-most-beautiful

Organs, Omoluabi16, Lovexme, everyone: I stumbled on another nice thread like this, I even commented on it few months back wink, apparently am an ardent fan of the resort. The thread also has nice pictures to 'salivate' your desire to visit grin.

Lovexme, ever been to Bonny Island?
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Lovexme(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
DelTel:

Organs, Omoluabi16, Lovexme, everyone: I stumbled on another nice thread like this, I even commented on it few months back wink, apparently am an ardent fan of the resort. The thread also has nice pictures to 'salivate' your desire to visit grin.

Lovexme, ever been to Bonny Island?

Never been there, but I'll add it to my list right away! Thanks smiley
Re: A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki by Omoluabi16(m): 11:40am On Nov 16, 2019
DelTel:

Orans, Omoluabi16, Lovxme, everyone: I stumbled on another nice thread like this, I even commented on it few months back wink, apparently am an ardent fan of the resort. The thread also has nice pictures to 'salivate' your desire to visit grin.

Loveme, ever been to Bonny Island?
Yes bro. I also saw the link and went through it. From the eyes of another person. Lovely pictures still, and similar descriptions. Truly awesome place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals / Cotonou, Benin Republic / Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.