Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Ghana: A Contrary View - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana: A Contrary View (35001 Views)

Billboards Of Nigerian President In Ghana A Security Threat / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Obama Visit To Ghana: A Lesson For Nigerian Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2010
jrtorrents:

@Justcash
You seem not to know much about soccer, I asked a simple question and you didnt even answer it.
You claimed the Nigerian legue is better but you couldnt tell me how many CAF competions has been won by shitty Nigerian teams.
Ghanaian league has aswell lot of foreign players from Togo,Ivory Coast, Benin, and even Nigeria.
On the Olympic games, Ghana was the first African country to win a medal in the Olympic games in way back '92.
Ghana has more more African cups than Nigeria. Ghana has 5 ,  Nigeria has 2 or something.
Just look at the current players , compare the number of Nigerian playing top flight European football to their Ghanian counterparts.
Essien- Chelsea, Sully Muntari- Inter Millan, KP Boateng - AC Millian.

Asamoah Gyan is in the short list for the worlds best players. He is also the third top score,  
The only Nigerian player playing a good team in Europe is Mikel Obi , who is good for nothing,  judging on how he perfomed in their match against Sunderland last Sunday.
Just answer this how many times has Nigeria won against Ghana at the national team level?

[b]I am listing out reasons why Nigeria is better than Ghana in Soccer. We are better in all ramification, both Globally and in the continent. In the past 5 years, please do tell me of any Ghanaian team that has gone past the CAF champions league quarter finals? Stop living in past glory, let us face soccer as it is now. That Pele was the best player in the world does not make him the best player now.
Yes, Ghana got more Male senior team nations cup than Nigeria. Agreed. But that does not make Ghana a better Soccer playing country. As a matter of fact, Nigerian female team, and youth team gat more continental and global cups than Ghanaian Senior male, female and youth teams joined together. How many times have Ghana gone to the world cup? How many global laurels has Ghana won compared to Nigeria?
Oh shut your crap, we gat more Nigerian players in top flight foreign leagues than Ghana. Having more  foreign based players in top flight teams does not mean that Ghana gat better soccer teams than Nigeria.
And please do tell me the name of the Nigerian in Ghana's league? The guy must be a fake backside player. We gat tens of Ghanians in Nigeria's league, earning and living like their foreign counterparts in Europe. Yet you come here shouting about having better soccer teams.

Compare the soccer performance  of Nigerian and Ghana teams in the past five years (That is more recent). You will see that Ghana is no where close to Nigeria in soccer.[/b]
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by RSA(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2010
Now you all sounding like 5 year olds,'my father's car is faster than yours',my Mom cook better than yours' blablablah,nywee nnywee nywee!

Shut up and talk sense. grin

What is football anyway?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2010
Now,dis is pure childish in nakked form.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by olaolabiy: 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2010
I used to believe this hype about Ghana. Trust me, guys, they are not doing well, at all. A Ghanaian in London revealed everything about Ghana to me. They are as corrupt, as backward and as anti-progress as Nigerians. The guy told me that you'd not get a form signed in any Ghanian ministry without kickbacks. And, this relates to those at their marriage registry as well. You can't even get married without kickbacks. The officials will abstain from the ceremony. Teachers pull students recklessly. Marks are wantonly awarded by their lecturers, especially, when palms are generously greased. The rot in Ghana is as conspicous as Nigeria's but they have managed to mask it better because of the size of their country.

We still be dem Baba sha, corruption  o, development oo. grin

And, they are not pre-occupied with getting rich BY ALL MEANS.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by sunboy(m): 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2010
Been to Ghana for holiday though been to Tema, Teshie and Accra, See Accra is d only place i can compare to surulere-apapa axis, Teshie, Tema, are more like kwara state , lol
first, Those 3 cities i mentions are not bigger than a local govenment in lagos state in terms of population and land.
Through life in ghana is cheap for an average Nigerian and extra  cheap for a rich Nigerian man.
Ghanian are better in maining infrastructure, they are loyal and friendly people i always see naija guys causing toubles.

To me, Ghana like a small developing city in Nigeria, with good electricity 247, less population, cheap transportation (i take private teaxi when in ghana, but ghanians merge in one taxi just like its done in kwara state n ogun state, I dare not stop a taxi in lagos i better go for brt or danfo smiley )
To me, Ghana is just developing and they can do better with its population and with help of Nigerian business men, Dangote, the bankers an co.

I like Ghana for relaxation, cheap cheap stuffs compared to Lagos, no wahala no giri giri but cant be compared to Lagos alone at all.

I move around Tema, Accra and teshie everyday throughout my stay i tell u its like roaming around apapa- coconut- to cms.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2010
Hahaha I am laughing at all these posts. Wow sooo much venomous statements directed at us just for saying the truth? Honestly i feel justified in my claims. Like they so rightfully say the truth shall set you free!

And you guys say we have poor education, when more than half the Yoruba people in Lagos, who own Lagos,the "commercial capital" of West Africa can not speak even pidgin English? Now that's absurd.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2010
Most of your claims here are without proof anyway.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by sunboy(m): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
Yes they annouce in radio before taking off power and they turn it back as promised. I experience blackout only since i've been in Ghana.
Yes corruption plenty, i have a Ghanian friend related to their ministers, there is lotta corruption and conspiracy in Ghana ooo but theirs is Advance corruption, just like in developed country's politics.
Every bad thing in Nigeria is there, just kinda different. But the whole of Ghana can never be compared to Lagos not alone Abj, PH.

Education, dey got better education than Naija oooo, Naija politicians pikin plenty there. I mean people i know from here, after sec sch dey send them to Ghana for University, then come back to Naija for masters or abroad.

Ghanians have plenty illeterated, but speak good English i mean good English and better pidgin not compared to a Nigerian illeterate.

Not siding anyone but small part of Lagos beat Ghana hands down, with everything.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
This thread is not meant for you guys to start bashing at each other over what country is greater or worst.

I think it's appropriate for anyone to share their experience/trip to any country so others can relate to it. In this case, Ghana is the subject.

Fact: Ghana is dependent on Nigeria. If Ghanaians don't want to admit that. I'm sure other Africans can see that clearly. There are more than enough Ghanaians in Nigeria who are living comfortably than they were in their country, and I'm happy for them.

If Nigeria is not over-crowded by Ghanaians and neighboring countries; we can more efficiently manage our resources for the good of our own people and nation. But it has to start from a corrupt-free government.  

Nigeria and Ghana feud, when will it end? We all one people, in one continent, from the African soil.  There's more money to be made when we work together without pride.

!!!
Up Africa!!!!!!
Up Togo!!!
Up Nigeria!!!

Quote from page 3. I had to modify it so it looks better  grin
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jmaine: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
martyns303:

Truth be told, 9ja is really f.c.uked but u can't possibly compare Nigeria to Ghana. Ghana is somewhere in the Galaxy, like where the F! Is Ghana? Hw much is Ghana's annual revenue? Am sure Adenuga can afford that. Gimme a couple of rich 9ja folks and we'r going to buy Ghana. Lolz
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2010
This is Ghana

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by RSA(m): 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2010
^Pride of Africa,Ghana.I love that place and its people.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2010
jrtorrents:

This is Ghana

We have them day dreaming already.  grin  grin  grin
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2010
Notice the color of the water? Unlike the one at Lagos Island. That ones just so ewww.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2010
jrtorrents:

This is Ghana

I don't know if these pics in the link is an overkill. Anyway, it is only Abuja for you;
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-356775.288.html

No contest.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2010
Gyanosei1
I was just replying someone. The person posted a picture of Enugu or whatever it was and was asking if Ghana had that.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by xoxogg(f): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2010
First of all," poster: [b]NO ghana has constant light, [/b]stayed there for some months.

Relative to the resources they have per the resources we have, then indeed Ghana is managing better than Nigeria. Truth be told though, Accra is on the scale of  Jos, or Kaduna the medium cities of Naija.. Now stop arguing about Football,  u sound like kids.

Gyanosei1:

We have them day dreaming already.  grin  grin  grin
Point taken, u have beautiful places in Ghana ,  , duh.uh, every city should be able to boast of Landmarks, now off with y'all. This is nairaland, go bash 9ja someplace else angry angry angry angry
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by sunboy(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2010
RSA:

^Pride of Africa,Ghana.I love that place and its people.
Yes me too like am o i no go lie but, Cant be compared to Naija. And not pride of Africa pls!
Where is Egypt? SA? My Naija! Yes!
Pride of themselves, Ghanian are not smiling of Nigerian domination oooo but they still cant afford to do it.
I wish one person among Dangote, Harry, Jimoh Ibrahim, Adenuga, Otedola or IBB can buy off Ghana.
Maybe silverbird could afford it, buy it, and turn it to Silverland, i mean like disneyland of West Africa lmao!
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by maxtop(m): 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2010
Have been to Ghana and wht i can say was that your people most time fell in love with our naira, its just like a prototype of A.J City and nothing special about the place,
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
I don't know if these pics in the link is an overkill. Anyway, it is only Abuja for you;
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-356775.288.html

No contest.

Most definitely not on the same level. All i see in those pics is "RED SAND" . Whats going on here ? 

Why would you do this to your own people? Bringing those hideous pictures out, to compare with beautiful Ghana?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
Gyanosei1:

Most definitely not on the same level. All i see in those pics is "RED SAND" . Whats going on here ? 

Lol! If anywhere in Ghana was like Abuja, Ghanians would have owned Nairaland. Your eyes are allergic to beauty, no wonder you think that your slum is pretty.[b]

I guess this is what you mean by a country's capital without Sand? Is this not Accra?
[/b]

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by xoxogg(f): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2010
sunboy:

Yes me too like am o i no go lie but,  Cant be compared to Naija. And not pride of Africa pls!
Where is Egypt? SA? My Naija! Yes!
Pride of themselves, Ghanian are not smiling of Nigerian domination oooo but they still cant afford to do it.
I wish one person among Dangote, Harry, Jimoh Ibrahim, Adenuga, Otedola or IBB can buy off Ghana.
Maybe silverbird could afford it, buy it, and turn it to Silverland, i mean like disneyland of West Africa lmao!

we culd like turn it into anoda Obudu ranch for vacation or, tapping feet thinkin, shocked shocked, I know, we'll use northern region for dumping refuse grin grin grin, we'll turn the rest  into Nollywood village, to be used for shooting movies, grin grin grin.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Phate07(m): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2010
Do i need to remind the Ghanians that are arguing that this is 'Nairaland', a Nigerian Forum? And not Cediland or Ghanaland. undecided angry
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
Gyanosei1:

Why would you do this to your own people? Bringing those hideous pictures out, to compare with beautiful Ghana?

I can't see a sandy road in Kwame Nkrumah circle. Blady Hyprocrite "Ghanaian intonation*

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2010
Lol! If anywhere in Ghana was like Abuja, Ghanians would have owned Nairaland. Your eyes are allergic to beauty, no wonder you think that your slum is pretty.[b]

I guess this is what you mean by a country's capital without Sand? Is this not Accra?

Well I guess you are correct. If you can call the beautiful pictures my brother, jrtorrents showed you a slum. And its Ghanaian not Ghanian ! angry
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2010
Phate07:

Do i need to remind the Ghanians that are arguing that this is 'Nairaland', a Nigerian Forum? And not Cediland or Ghanaland. undecided angry

And Nairaland is just another piece of unclaimed virtual ground in cyberspace. Not owned by any National entity.

Home Of Nigerians And Friends Of Nigeria. Welcome!

Aren't we friends anymore?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
PEHARPS YOU GUYS NEED MORE TO BE CONVINCED. AM SURE THERE ARE SOME NICE PLACES IN NIGERIA BUT GHANA ISNT BAD EITHER

[img]http://axel.ghanafotos.de/Accra/slides/DSC00033.JPG[/img]
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2010
this is Nigeria innit?  shocked
wtf is wrong wit u people? God help humanity

* pix taken off, too disturbing*
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by honeric01(m): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2010
^^^^^

No one is saying Ghana is bad, but please don't come rubbing it on our face as if we don't have something similar or better, we are all Africans, that should come first, let's work to making African cities worth living.

If you want to continue trying to compete with Nigerians, i BET you, you won't win because IF  a Nigerian DECIDES to do something, HE  or SHE will END up doing it 100% well.

1 Like

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2010
@honeric01
YOU SHOULD TELL THAT TO YOUR PEOPLE. AS AFRICAN WE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE. IF YOU ATTACK, WE SHALL DEFEND OURSELVES.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^^

No one is saying Ghana is bad, but please don't come rubbing it on our face as if we don't have something similar or better, we are all Africans, that should come first, let's work to making African cities worth living.

If you want to continue trying to compete with Nigerians, i BET you, you won't win because IF  a Nigerian DECIDES to do something, HE  or SHE will END up doing it 100% well.

u mean 100% like corruption, armed robbery, tell me cuz u guyz like to tlk big too much mahn,
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by honeric01(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2010
otumfour:

u mean 100% like corruption, armed robbery, tell me cuz u guyz like to tlk big too much mahn,

jrtorrents:

@honeric01
YOU SHOULD TELL THAT TO YOUR PEOPLE. AS AFRICAN WE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE. IF YOU ATTACK, WE SHALL DEFEND OURSELVES.

Sorry but i am not one of those "few" Nigerians who end up "debating" your likes, I gave you an advise, please work with it, it's very useful and is going to go a long way to help your constituencies and also Africa at large. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Swearing-In Of Ministers: Garba Shehu's Tweet Shows Confusion In The Presidency / Seyi Makinde Visits Lautech University Says "I Will Fulfill My Promise" - Photos / Buhari: Nigerians Love Me, That’s Why I’m Paying Them Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.