Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Ghana: A Contrary View - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana: A Contrary View (35005 Views)

Billboards Of Nigerian President In Ghana A Security Threat / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Obama Visit To Ghana: A Lesson For Nigerian Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Busybody2(f): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2010
ehie:

was in ghana to work in january,left february
it was hell, the place is horrid,small roadsa,petty minded men,
only the women hustle, a ghanian came make trouble over nothing, that is why i call them petty.
The capital is small and tarffic is a prblem,everything is expensive.
they can worship whites eh,chinese ,lebanese,europeans strut around like its an extension of their country,neo colonialism,

from the border they start telling u ,u think u are in your country?
i told them who wants to be in your effing country,that shut them up.they hate Nigerians,whether it is jealousy or inferiotity complex or fear i no know oh and na them sabi,they always think that we are competing,while we see them like our brothers.

I grew up in Nigeria with a lot of Ghanian friends and was really shocked by their attitude.
Na so i pack my kaya leave Ghana oh,had to leave the job for eight months before i got reinstated in our nigerian branch,
and bribes eh!they can collect bribe,from the border from Lome there were about 20 check points,and u must drop
let them keep deluding themselves there with their xenophobia

You, Londoner and Mekaboy have said it all wink

As far as the oil they discovered, it is not enough to last more than 2 years.

With regards to electricity, it used to be constant just up to four years ago, not anymore, not even in their posh places such as Airport Residential or Tesano Residential.

The fact is that Ghana as a whole is just a much more smaller version of Nigeria, but it is very very eye-wateringly expensive like living in VI and Ikoyi with nothing, virtually nothing to show for it embarassed
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 10:34am On Nov 19, 2010
jrtorrents:

@holydante

Before you continue the Ghanaian league isn't called Glo League anaymotre. Their money runned out.

No wonder there are many Ghanaians in Nigeria's soccer league. Ghana's soccer League is dead.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 10:35am On Nov 19, 2010
It will be nice if Nigerians have a look at this link. frome Newsweek. Move to slide 14 and there you will fint Ghana there as some of the best countries in the world

http://www.newsweek.com/photo/2010/08/15/best-countries-in-the-world.html#
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 10:37am On Nov 19, 2010
@Justcash do you want to have a debate on soccer ; between the two countries?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Dukechimi: 10:39am On Nov 19, 2010
i really wonder why everybody is just whining over this issue , i am a nigerian and i have been to ghana , it obvious from the airport alone that Ghana is way ahead of  Naija,the accra airport is not as sophisticated but  the Ghanaians  have scored a high point in maintaining it ,

just go to the toilet first and see how clean it is , we all all know the  toilet for local airport na sorry sight , na stream of water mixed with urine and smell of poo go first greet u lol ( the airport in south africa j.bourg is the most sophisticated i have seen in the whole wide world ,trust me i have been around , even heathrow and jfk  no fine reach )

@HYBRID-X, Chei, so u go about pooing in airport toilets? shocked Hw is d toilet in d airport of DRC Congo  
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Dukechimi: 10:43am On Nov 19, 2010
Why is Illiteracy and poverty higher in ghana Only ur national team is better 4 now, So sharapppppppp
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 10:45am On Nov 19, 2010
jrtorrents:

O yes! You don't judge how well a nation is doing in soccer with just how the male senior national team is performing. Despite our fumbling senior male national team, Ghana is no where close to Nigeria in soccer generally. Let us begin the debate.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2010
jrtorrents:

Do you know that in the past 5 years, no year has passed without a Nigerian national team winning a global and continental laurel? Compare and contrast.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by moonraker(m): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2010
@ poster and otumfour

PLS JUST SHUT THE Bleep OFF, FINE, GHANA IS BETA THAN NIGERIA, ARE U HAPPY NOW??

HAS THAT ADDED 1 CEDI TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INSTEAD OF YOU TO BE THINKING OF HOW TO

IMPROVE YOUR LIFE, YOUR HERE, THROWING UP ALL OVER THE PLACE. PLS STOP THIS NON-SENSE.

MODERATOR PLS LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by mekaboy(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2010
PLEASE PEOPLE STOP COMPARING GHANA TO NIGERIAN, ITS A WASTE OF TIME, IF I START TO GIVE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD NOT COMPARE THE LIST WILL BE UNENDING.

LETS LOOK AT EMPLOYMENT

DO YOU KNOW THAT 95% OF GHANAIAN BANKERS ARE EMPLOYED BY NIGERIAN BANKS (GT-BANK, ECO BANK,ZENITH,UBA ETC)?

I THINK THE COUNTRY GHANA HAS ONLY ONE BANK WHICH IS GHANA COMMERCIAL BANK. WITH A FEW BRANCHES THAT CANNOT COVER THE WHOLE GHANA, IF NOT FOR NIGERIAN BANKS THAT ARE EVERYWHERE, PEOPLE WOULD HAVE TO TRAVEL TO PERFORM BANK TRANSACTIONS.

ARE THERE ANY GHANAIAN COMPANIES IN NIGERIA EMPLOYING NIGERIANS?

I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE BEST CINEMA GHANA HAS EVER SEEN, (SILVER BIRD)=NIGERIAN.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by manangel(m): 10:54am On Nov 19, 2010
see some pics from nigeria. you cant compare death with sleep.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by mekaboy(m): 10:57am On Nov 19, 2010
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2010
@Justcash
Ghana's U-20 team won the Worldcup just last year. That wasn't the national team.
Kumasi Asante Kotoko was rasted the best African Club in the last century.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2010/01/07/1731381/ghanaian-club-asante-kotoko-named-africas-club-of-the
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by bisiaet: 11:03am On Nov 19, 2010
Who ever said that, must have been slow. Ghana is indeed the pace setter for Africa and the shinning light for the rest of Africa. No insult intended. I am just saying it as i see it.

I can see so many "a s s h o l e invaders" in the house.

Get your trash out of here pls this is Nairaland and not Cedisland ok get that to your snail skull.  Can't understand this peeping of a thing go and create your own site ok.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 11:06am On Nov 19, 2010
@bisiaet
Therer are several other Nigerians on Ghanaweb too. You dont expect to talk about Ghana and expect Ghanains to be mute on the topic.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by yarodin: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2010
Abeg all you super defenders of Nigeria should go sit your damn asses down.  Yes, Ghana might be smaller compared to Nigeria but they are trying to make things better and are heading in the right directions.  How can a country that cannot even provide basic infrastructure and amenities have the right to rate another country?   Most of us yarning rubbish about Ghana live off generators 24/7 (I know I did when I visited because Nepa light was for an hour daily).  I will not even go into the fuel scarcity situation.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by lakode(m): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2010
hmm , I am Nigerian , but I  definitely concur with the Ghanaians view , Nigerians hmmm , well I  have never being to Ghana , two of my siblings have being there and they said its fucking great , well am not surprise by what we are has  Nigerians  , even a Nigerian I once told am studying in Poland he  said 'what Nigeria is better than Poland smiley ", so what else can I say , When I told one am going on holiday in Switzerland " He said swiss what the hell home of drugs" and guess what in between this guy's have never seen beyond muritala airport , , NAIJA WE TOO DEY TALK , EMPTY BARREL hmmm , and about education waow I dont believe  you can go near that , even the Nigerian education minister's child studies medicine in Ghana, We no dey shame .
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Ericology(m): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2010
Dont know wat u guys call development, I lived in a developed world for years and i know what development means, I lived in a small town called Wilhelmshaven in Germany and met many people who were professionals but never left that small town all their lives cuz everything they needed was available there despite being located hundreds of kilometers   from major cities,  Why do u keep bragging abt 200sq meter  land called Accra with few nice areas and slums too where almost ever good thing in the country is located?  If u leave this enclave heading north,, u wld ask urself if u are somewhere in the jungle, enuff, We are all backwards and need to move on,
     Again migration doesnt necessarily mean leaving a poor country for a rich one, its in most cases the opposite cuz people migrate to less developed countries where they can utilize their skills amidst little or no competition, The white guys who left an almost modern Britain to live in Zimbabwe and some African countries in the 18th century were not running from poor to rich countries, They went there knowing they cld make it amidst the poor and backward pple whom they can oppress and manipulate,  Our Ghanian brothers shld know that most Nigerians coming to Ghana are already rich but feel suffocated in a competitive Nigerian set up  so moving to a lesser competitive environment like Ghana wld be ok, i rest my case
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2010
jrtorrents:

@Justcash
Ghana's U-20 team won the Worldcup just last year. That wasn't the national team.
Kumasi Asante Kotoko was rasted the best African Club in the last century.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2010/01/07/1731381/ghanaian-club-asante-kotoko-named-africas-club-of-the

The same last year;
Nigeria;
U-17 world cup Silver
Caf Champions league Silver (Two Nigerian clubs played in the semi finals i.e Heartland and Kano pillars)

Nigeria is not just a male senior national team playing nation. Nigeria is a Soccer nation (Both in male, female and Kids)
Our soccer league beats Ghana's own hands down, both in male and female.
Our Youths have won more laurels than Ghana's Youths
When we overcome your senior male team soon, you will have no mouth to talk anymore.

Nigeria is bigger and better than Ghana in soccer generally.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Dukechimi: 11:13am On Nov 19, 2010
lakode u be MUMU
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Dukechimi: 11:21am On Nov 19, 2010
[b][/b]Nigerian ex-international now Chelsea assistant Coach smiley
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by lakode(m): 11:27am On Nov 19, 2010
Duke-chimi:

lakode u be MUMU

Yeah , you see exactly a true born Nigerian .smiley , hmmm , I wonder what makes me MUMU , hmmm , Duke chimi abi whatever you call yourself "o fe te",
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 11:28am On Nov 19, 2010
@Justcash
How many CAF competions has been won by Nigrian teams and how many of them has been won by Ghanaian team?
Kotoko has won 5, Hearts has won 4. Kotoko is the second ranked African team afetr El- Ahly of Egypt. Even till now. (You can check CAFs website)
Ghana has won more U-17 worldcup than Nigerian. Nigeria has never won the u-20 worldcup.
Ghana won silver in last years Africa cup.  Ghana perfromed better than Nigeria in the last Worldcup.
Ghana also won the U-20 African cup. The only area Nigeria is slightly ahead of Ghana will be womens soccer.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2010
jrtorrents:

@Justcash
How many CAF competions has been won by Nigrian teams and how many of them has been won by Ghanaian team?
Kotoko has won 5, Hearts has won 4. Kotoko is the second ranked African team afetr El- Ahly of Egypt. Even till now. (You can check CAFs website)
Ghana has won more U-17 worldcup than Nigerian. Nigeria has never won the u-20 worldcup.
Ghana won silver in last years Africa cup.  Ghana perfromed better than Nigeria in the last Worldcup.
Ghana also won the U-20 African cup. The only area Nigeria is slightly ahead of Ghana will be womens soccer.

[b]
Nigeria's male senior team have gone to more world cups than Ghana's national team.
Nigeria's senior Male team was ranked the 4th best team in the world in 1994. Ghana has never smelt that position and will never.
Nigeria have won more U-17 world cups than Ghana and has gotten to more Global and Caf Youth championship finals than Ghana will ever dream of.
Nigerian have won the Olympics and picked a Silver in it, Ghana has not smelt it.
Nigerian Ladies have been winning the African Women championship consistently, Ghana has not smelt it.
Nigerian gals are the first African team to get to a global soccer final ever organised by fifa. Ghana is not even dreaming of it.
Nigeria has hosted two world cups (U-20 and U-17) Ghana has not smelt it.
The same Ghana coach that coached the Ghana team that won the U-20 Championshio cut his teeth in Nigeria's league. He gained his experience in a Nigerian club.
Nigeria has consistently gotten to the Caf nations cup final four than Ghana. we have consistently gotten to the semi-finals far more than Ghana can ever dream of.
Nigeria has a high paying local league that is like heaven to other foreign nationals including Ghanians.

The list is endless. So how do you compare Ghana with Nigeria in soccer?[/b]
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by martinosi: 11:50am On Nov 19, 2010
O.k excuse my naivety but which city is better Abuja or Accra?

Please be honest

and please post pictures to prove your point,

since we are talking about countries, lets start with the capitals,
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Schrodinga(m): 11:50am On Nov 19, 2010
@NAIRALANDERS(BE IT NIGERIANS OR GHANIANS)

u guys are wonderful people, i cant help but LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

YOU ARE ALL ON POINTS.

However, we should all understand that "Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance" ~    Robert Quillen

The aim of this topic should be how to make progress and not neccessarily victory.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by rhymz(m): 11:53am On Nov 19, 2010
Ghana is an overrated country. . .I laugh when I hear them crack up that small country. . .country whose GDP is at equal par with that of Lagos. . . Scheew. . Abeg make we talk another thing jare! If to say RSA we been dey gist na, I for wan talk but Ghana? Charley Puhleeeze. .
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 11:54am On Nov 19, 2010
@Justcash
You seem not to know much about soccer, I asked a simple question and you didnt even answer it.
You claimed the Nigerian legue is better but you couldnt tell me how many CAF competions has been won by shitty Nigerian teams.
Ghanaian league has aswell lot of foreign players from Togo,Ivory Coast, Benin, and even Nigeria.
On the Olympic games, Ghana was the first African country to win a medal in the Olympic games in way back '92.
Ghana has more more African cups than Nigeria. Ghana has 5 , Nigeria has 2 or something.
Just look at the current players , compare the number of Nigerian playing top flight European football to their Ghanian counterparts.
Essien- Chelsea, Sully Muntari- Inter Millan, KP Boateng - AC Millian.
Asamoah Gyan is in the short list for the worlds best players. He is also the third top score,
The only Nigerian player playing a good team in Europe is Mikel Obi , who is good for nothing, judging on how he perfomed in their match against Sunderland last Sunday.
Just answer this how many times has Nigeria won against Ghana at the national team level?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Zezyahoo: 11:58am On Nov 19, 2010
Are we comparing Nigeria and Ghana here? The fact that Nigeria is having a temporal set-back does not make her comparble to tiny liitle Ghana - who important every and every thing. On what basis do you want to compare? Is the little aerodrum called Kotoka Int Airport. There is no basis please
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Alfred200825(m): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2010
Hey Ghanaians dick face don't compare ur slum city with dat of naija check dis pic of king square benin city da capitol of edo state is Accra better than dis

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by ossaisly(m): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
what a debate here! Many Ghanaians rush down here to Nigeria to look for job/hustle,while Nigerians go to Ghana for relaxation. But i just feel that Ghana is just trying to rub shoulders with Nigeria for obvious reasons. Nigeria is better off Ghana but its not enough anyway.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
@ossai sly
go to Accra and see how many Nigerians are selling pirated dvds and cds on the streets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Atiku Admits Lying, Confirms Not Speaking With Col . Sakaba’s Wife / MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account / EFCC Seals Off AP Plaza Abuja(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.