Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,408 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Ghana: A Contrary View - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana: A Contrary View (35007 Views)

Billboards Of Nigerian President In Ghana A Security Threat / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Obama Visit To Ghana: A Lesson For Nigerian Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by honeric01(m): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2010
jason12345:

pls, stop this comparison! its embarrassing enough!!! Ghanaians are good people and they are developing but what do we have to show for our oil? nothing. so leave ghanaians alone! you don't see them doing tribal bashing and they do not threaten secession as some groups do in nigeria, so leave them. we deserve every insult we get since we are too proud to reason and fix our country!!!!

I weep for people like you, so because things are not working in Nigeria, we should allow every tom, manliness and harry (even those who should be washing our arses) insult us? i see why even Chad is growing balls to wanting to depot some Nigerians there, it's because of people like you who allow them open their mouths.

Anyways everyone can't have that self-respect, self-worth or even the big one "patriotism" needed by any citizen of any country.

Can you please tell us how you have fixed Nigeria in your own little way? undecided
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by basher(m): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
honeric01:

I weep for people like you, so because things are not working in Nigeria, we should allow every tom, manliness and harry (even those who should be washing our arses) insult us? i see why even Chad is growing balls to wanting to depot some Nigerians there, it's because of people like you who allow them open their mouths.

Anyways everyone can't have that self-respect, self-worth or even the big one "patriotism" needed by any citizen of any country.

Can you please tell us how you have fixed Nigeria in your own little way? undecided

Nigeria can only be fixed if we can find a way to tame Tribalism. Tame tribalism and everything else will follow. Trying to fix isolated elements will fail and we'll continue to mis-fire and underperform up to the point that countries like Ghana and Chad will start fancying making a run at us.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by rhymz(m): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
jason12345:

pls, stop this comparison! its embarrassing enough!!! Ghanaians are good people and they are developing but what do we have to show for our oil? nothing. so leave ghanaians alone! you don't see them doing tribal bashing and they do not threaten secession as some groups do in nigeria, so leave them. we deserve every insult we get since we are too proud to reason and fix our country!!!!
. . . I don't ve to be a rocket scientist to know you are one of those mean Ghanaians claiming to be a Nigerian just to get your own pound of the Nigerian flesh. . Lol. .enjoy it while it last, Mr Nigerian wanna-be. . .hehehe. .
jrtorrents:

@yagbaboy1

you can have a look at these Ghanaian forums,  they even have Nigerian sections

http://sil.ghanaweb.com/
http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/
. . .who cares if they have sections for Nigerians? Why the obsession anyway? Nothing makes Ghanaians feel happy about themselves than to self-rigteously read some bad stories about Nigeria and talk shiot, yet you need Nigerians to go to a forum whose stock in trade is xenophobia and the likes. . .that site is so petty with everybody talking in Unison like Ghana was some 4ckin Eldorado( sth you will never find educated Nigerians do) no wonder the site is a bore- imagine everyone agreeing to everything everytime. . Hahahaha. . .i would rather kick dust than bore myself with fakerz.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2010
[size=18pt]Everything in Ghana is x3 in Nigeria. So no contest. Nigeria is a continent where Ghana is.[/size]
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Omenani(m): 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2010
Why is there any competition between Ghana and Nigeria? You cannot compare both countries. The population demographics are very different from the demographics found in Nigeria. The entire South East population is more than the population of Ghana, so why compare the two countries?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jason12345: 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2010
honeric01:

After i get my degree, i am coming back to nigeria to work and use my skills to help the country.

why wouldn't they depot nigerians, when we don't respect the our country and the country we travel to! undecided.  even in uk, there is an area called woolwich, the nigerians especially (yoruba and igbos) and ghanaians have turned the place into an area boys joint. we need to respect the laws in other countries. i don't want my nigerian brothers associating themselves with some ghanaian area boy (all due respect). we have to have class and most importantly,we have to remove corruption out of our system!!!!!
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jason12345: 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2010
rhymz:

. . . I don't ve to be a rocket scientist to know you are one of those mean Ghanaians claiming to be a Nigerian just to get your own pound of the Nigerian flesh. . Lol. .enjoy it while it last, Mr Nigerian wanna-be. . .hehehe. . . . .who cares if they have sections for Nigerians? Why the obsession anyway? Nothing makes Ghanaians feel happy about themselves than to self-rigteously read some bad stories about Nigeria and talk shiot, yet you need Nigerians to go to a forum whose stock in trade is xenophobia and the likes. . .that site is so petty with everybody talking in Unison like Ghana was some 4ckin Eldorado( sth you will never find educated Nigerians do) no wonder the site is a bore- imagine everyone agreeing to everything everytime. . Hahahaha. . .i would rather kick dust than bore myself with fakerz.

this is our problem, we don't like the truth!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2010
@rhymz

Ask yourself why we are talking about Ghana on a Nigerian website?

BTW I gave those links because that guy was asking if Ghanaians even had a forum, I aslo included they have a Nigerian section just to
show it isn't only Ghanaians who visit Nigerian websites  but Nigerians too tend to visit our websites and forums too.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
manny4life:

I wonder the comparisons all the time. I've always said it, it's only someone who feels inferior to the other that oftens like test power which of them is stronger. If Nigeria doesn't regard them anyways, ever ask why they always attack Nigerians even when no ones ask them.

Does this dude think he's on a Ghanaian site? who started the thread? thts the question u should be asking
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by honeric01(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2010
jason12345:

After i get my degree, i am coming back to nigeria to work and use my skills to help the country.

why wouldn't they depot nigerians, when we don't respect the our country and the country we travel to! undecided.  even in uk, there is an area called woolwich, the nigerians especially (yoruba and igbos) and ghanaians have turned the place into an area boys joint. we need to respect the laws in other countries. i don't want my nigerian brothers associating themselves with some ghanaian area boy (all due respect). we have to have class and most importantly,we have to remove corruption out of our system!!!!!

The more you type, the more i see our problems, there's nothing you are coming to fix because your mindset needs to change first, change with the bolded please.
 You are a pure tribalist, if you could single out tribes from Nigerians living in the UK, then you are 100% a [b]worry [/b]to Nigeria.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by rhymz(m): 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
jason12345:

this is our problem, we don't like the truth!!! grin grin grin
. . .hahahaha. . . jason my friend, I doubt you will know the truth even if it hits you in the head. Ok, you re Nigerian, right? Tell me which part of Nigeria are you from? Your LGA and possible the village unit or community you come from? Give us a sample of your Nigerian language. . Anyone can claim anything here, this is the internet, my friend. . Lol. . Besides, no disrespect but your 1st statement was very Naive.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2010
honeric01:

hahahahah the bolded part is so funny grin grin grin grin
the fact tht u living in ur comfort zone doesn't mean the 149million Nigerians left are living same, the sad and reality part is tht ur people are rather washing those people's arzzes, dude wake up from ur slumber its happening
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by rhymz(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2010
otumfour:

Does this dude think he's on a Ghanaian site? who started the thread? thts the question u should be asking
. . . What you fail to realize is that the posted comment was written by your countryman, the OP just wanted to sort the views of Nigerians. . Besides, you Ghanaians do that a lot on your Ghanaweb.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2010
rhymz:

. . . What you fail to realize is that the posted comment was written by your countryman, the OP just wanted to sort the views of Nigerians. . Besides, you Ghanaians do that a lot on your Ghanaweb.

U kidding me that dude is obviously a Nigerian, read it well grin grin grin
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by dd0904(m): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
This is pathetic, Africa's so f-ing backward and instead of tryna work together to make things better, u guys are here behaving like the lower animals that u are, naija is messed up but then ghana isn't any better. put all the animosity aside and try to figure how to get africa from this cursed backwardness, wake up my people, wake up!!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by basher(m): 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
otumfour:

the fact tht u living in your comfort zone doesn't mean the 149million Nigerians left are living same,  the sad and reality part is tht your people are rather washing those people's arzzes, dude wake up from your slumber its happening

@otumfour

stop chatting crap! Nigerians are not docile. Everyone (including your mama) knows that. Nigerian are tough and it is these same tough people that make it to the top and run things; they take no prisoners! You think say this na case of one half caste johnny-just-join-military wey go come wipe people off?? In Nigeria they mark you closely and get rid of you even b4 u start thinking of making your move. You think say na shoot bird?!!
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by emekagh(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2010
Ghana is not a shining light in anything. Many of u people in Nigeria exaggerate everything about Ghana.

Firstly, we do not have reliable electricity. Most Ghanaians do not own generators simply because we cannot afford it. I live in Accra and there is serious power outrage in most parts of Accra since 2 days now (DOME-KWABENYA-LAPAZ & SCHIMOTA). We enjoy more hours of electricity but our electricity is NOT RELIABLE.

Ghana is not safe as most Nigerians claim. Most white people shun Ghana and much of Africa because of safety. Are you aware that Ghana has over 7,000 refugees in Togo alone? There is serious crisis in Northern part of this country. In my opinion safe countries do not have refugees in other countries,

Most cities in Nigeria has better road network than Ghana. Accra does not have good road network like Lagos and Abuja.

Ghana does not have good educational system. Most rich Ghanaians send their children to Asia, Europe and America to study. Our educational standard has fallen dramatically. If Ghana has good schools as most of you claim why are we not producing world class scientists? Anytime i check the list of Africas greatest scientists i see a lot of Nigerians but i never see a single Ghanaian?

Why are we not producing world class actors/actresses like Nigeria?

I have heard some Nigerians manufacturing cars and computers, why is there no Ghanaian that can even manufacture wheel barrow? How come over 75% of books used in all Ghanaian schools are written by Nigerian authors? If we have good schools we should be producing great authors like Chinua Achebe?Huh?

Ghana is the second largest producer of cocoa in the world, producing over 20% of the world’s cocoa beans. The western African country is also the second largest producer of gold (its former name was Gold Coast) and has huge deposits of industrial diamonds and bauxite (aluminum). Ghana, after 53 years of independence, still has about 4,000 basic schools organized under trees, 5,000 in dilapidated structures, and 7,500 without sanitary facilities.

If you dont know, over 60% of Ghanains poo out doors because of lack of toilet (POVERTY), 55% of Ghanaians are illiterates. In my opinion, no country in West Africa is worthy to be praised,

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16106:ghana-is-not-better-than-nigeria-at-all&catid=144:unsorted-comments&Itemid=562

As someone who has been in Ghana for a couple of years now. Here is my take.

1. Compared to Nigeria, electricity is more reliable in Ghana. Though, these days, the frequency and duration of outage is on the rise. However, I do believe that like it happened with GSM, Nigeria will soon be a net supplier of electricity in West Africa.

2. Ghana is a safe place to live. I have been living in ghana for a couple of years now. Save for one burglary case (and some petty stealing) i have not had serious case of robbery. Though recently the Ghana Police (sic) killed some 4 or 5 armed robber in a shoot-out in my area (East Legon).A couple of hotbed in Northern Region and clashes in the south (Volta Region) does not equate to generally insecurity. The 7,000 refugee story is a exaggeration. The real number is about 3,500. See more info here, http://www.unhcr.org/4bffaf889.html

3. Road Networks. It is true that Lagos has more road network than Ghana. Prior to Fashola's magic, Ghana's road were cleaner and nicer, but these days, they are about the same for most place in terms in neatness, but with better bus-stops and plenty garden, Lagos might nip in future. And Ghana is trying hard to implement BRT system, having sent emissaries to study the success of Lagos BRT. However, Ghana need to do more on access road. Most of the access roads, and streets road are very bad (in Accra) a lot of them are not tarred. Abuja road network is much better than that of Lagos and Accra (or Ghana)

4. It is a lot easier to get admission into Universities in Ghana (they dont write JAMB) compare to Nigeria. As for what constitute a good educational system, I will need more education. For presently, many are of the opinion that most private Universities (Ghana or Nigeria) are better than their public counterpart (this again is debatable). However, frequency of strikes by varsity lecturers in Ghana pale in comparison to Nigeria. Now that's an (important) edge.

5. World class actress? Well, that depends on how many people agree (sometimes it does not depend on the individual artiste)

6. Manufacturing? Well, I actually expected Ghana to shine here with better power supply, but content seems to be the common denominator here, and propensity for foreign product may not help the matter. This propensity for foreign product also applies to Nigerian. Many Nigerian may brag about Zinox Computer, Omatek Computers, Innoson Motor, etc, but how many Nigerian can boast of owning any of these products?

7. True, the mismanagement of Ghana's wealthy compares relatively (GPD size, population, and resources) with that of Nigeria and indeed many African country. That is a sad commentary of many developing world.

8. The number of people pooing outside while a good indicator of poverty, and sanitary condition is exaggerated in case of Ghana. In Nigeria, people still poo outside too.  Certainly, if gold (ghana) and diamond (nigeria) can rust, what will be the fate of iron? No country in West Africa indeed deserves a thumps up. But, thankful, the very important one Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria are gradually inching forward (pessimist would of course disagree, that is the beauty of freedom).

1 Like

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2010
@emeka_gh
you are about the only sane Nigerian around here. Not that I agree with you on all what you wrote but you are at least circumspect
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
basher:

@otumfour

stop chatting crap! Nigerians are[b] not[/b] docile. Everyone (including your mama) knows that. Nigerian are tough and it is these same tough people that make it to the top and run things; they take no prisoners! You think say this na case of one half caste johnny-just-join-military wey go come wipe people off?? In Nigeria they mark you closely and get rid of you even b4 u start thinking of making your move. You think say na shoot bird?!!

bold part, is tht not scary?

for the rest u juz blowing air, cuz reality ain' riding wit u on tht bruv( reality can be a naughty woman sometimes huh grin grin), come to Accra Central and see Nigerians selling kubey on on sacks, hell some even sit outside peoples shops a whole day and u wonder what is he doing here? na by force to run away from naija? grin grin grin,  wit your population size and the culture of mismanagement/corruption at the top? fear for the worst, we should all pray for West Africa, true talk

emeka_gh:

1. Compared to Nigeria, electricity is more reliable in Ghana. Though, these days, the frequency and duration of outage is on the rise. However, I do believe that like it happened with GSM, Nigeria will soon be a net supplier of electricity in West Africa.

2. Ghana is a safe place to live. I have been living in ghana for a couple of years now. Save for one burglary case (and some petty stealing) i have not had serious case of robbery. Though recently the Ghana Police (sic) killed some 4 or 5 armed robber in a shoot-out in my area (East Legon).A couple of hotbed in Northern Region and clashes in the south (Volta Region) does not equate to generally insecurity. The 7,000 refugee story is a exaggeration. The real number is about 3,500. See more info here, http://www.unhcr.org/4bffaf889.html

3. Road Networks. It is true that Lagos has more road network than Ghana. Prior to Fashola's magic, Ghana's road were cleaner and nicer, but these days, they are about the same for most place in terms in neatness, but with better bus-stops and plenty garden, Lagos might nip in future. And Ghana is trying hard to implement BRT system, having sent emissaries to study the success of Lagos BRT. However, Ghana need to do more on access road. Most of the access roads, and streets road are very bad (in Accra) a lot of them are not tarred. Abuja road network is much better than that of Lagos and Accra (or Ghana)

4. It is a lot easier to get admission into Universities in Ghana (they dont write JAMB) compare to Nigeria. As for what constitute a good educational system, I will need more education. For presently, many are of the opinion that most private Universities (Ghana or Nigeria) are better than their public counterpart (this again is debatable). However, frequency of strikes by varsity lecturers in Ghana pale in comparison to Nigeria. Now that's an (important) edge.

5. World class actress? Well, that depends on how many people agree (sometimes it does not depend on the individual artiste)

6. Manufacturing? Well, I actually expected Ghana to shine here with better power supply, but content seems to be the common denominator here, and propensity for foreign product may not help the matter. This propensity for foreign product also applies to Nigerian. Many Nigerian may brag about Zinox Computer, Omatek Computers, Innoson Motor, etc, but how many Nigerian can boast of owning any of these products?

7. True, the mismanagement of Ghana's wealthy compares relatively (GPD size, population, and resources) with that of Nigeria and indeed many African country. That is a sad commentary of many developing world.

8. The number of people pooing outside while a good indicator of poverty, and sanitary condition is exaggerated in case of Ghana. In Nigeria, people still poo outside too.  Certainly, if gold (ghana) and diamond (nigeria) can rust, what will be the fate of iron? No country in West Africa indeed deserves a thumps up. But, thankful, the very important one Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria are gradually inching forward (pessimist would of course disagree, that is the beauty of freedom).

THIS IS A TRUE NIGERIAN LIVING IN GHANA AND NOT THE LIAR PRETENDING TO BE A GHANAIAN IN THT ARTICLE, though not all he's written is agreed upon
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2010
@otumfour
the guy couldnt even have it right . Notice how he spelt Achimota?
There was no name to the article or whatever it was.
And he also said Ghana is the second largest producer of Gold which is a big lie because Ghana isnt even in the top 10 producers of gold now.
Why are Nigerians trying soo hard to tarnish the image of Ghana?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Omenani(m): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
Ghana is a beautiful country with a rich culture. Accra, Kumasi and Cape Coast are my favorite cities in Ghana. Nigeria is also a beautiful country as well. Enugu, Abuja, and Calabar are my favorite cities in Nigeria. However, both nations suffer from the same problems in terms of poverty and industrialization. The only difference that I have noticed is that Ghana's democracy is flourishing, in which you are able to see two parties compete each other in the form of NDC and NPP. Nigeria on the other hand has PDP at the national level.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by sunkanmij: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
To everybody out there Stop Criticising any country, be it Nigeria, Ghana or West Africa. What you people need to do is to contribute your own impact positively to your country and world.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by honeric01(m): 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2010
otumfour:

the fact tht u living in your comfort zone doesn't mean the 149million Nigerians left are living same, the sad and reality part is tht your people are rather washing those people's arzzes, dude wake up from your slumber its happening

Like i told you earlier on, i rather concentrate on my country than any other country out there, it pays well to channel my energy towards my country than waste it debating with you on your country. (think about this)
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by manny4life(m): 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
otumfour:

Like seriously? I'm done with this Nigerian/Ghana bullshit, yeah he started it and so? At least hasn't topped the countless thread about the same issue.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by rhymz(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2010
emeka_gh:

. . . Exactly why I like Nigerians, even when the odds is stacked up against them they still say it as it is. . . Nice one bro
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by CapnCrunch: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2010
Interesting How a small satellite country like Ghana brings Nigerians together toward a common cause, maybe we should just invade and annex them,probably will create some nationalism we have been lacking
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Omenani(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
CapnCrunch:

Interesting How a small satellite country like Ghana brings Nigerians together toward a common cause, maybe we should just invade and annex them,probably will create some nationalism we have been lacking

Nigerians do not take kindly to outsiders who insult their country. Nationalism is sorely need in Nigeria, but I do not believe that it will ever happen. It is 50 years too late. Only an outside threat can unite Nigerians towards a common cause.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
jrtorrents:

@otumfour
the guy couldnt even have it right . Notice how he spelt Achimota?
There was no name to the article or whatever it was.
And he also said Ghana is the second largest producer of Gold which is a big lie because Ghana isnt even in the top 10 producers of gold now.

grin grin grin grin grin grin JT. exactly, , thts what I said from the start, people jus rushed in to bash Ghana cuz it keeps their blood pomping grin grin, they juz got trigga diss happy and started shooting in blanks grin grin grin grin lol

jrtorrents:

its never gonna work cause we are blessed mahn God lives here in Ghana my dear brother
A Togolese and even a Nigerian told me this sometime back
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by manny4life(m): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
CapnCrunch:

You know Nigeria would not do that, lol

Every time there's a caomparison even when its baseless; if I were everybody, I will focus on my country and deal with the situation at hand, because as it stands, none of them is better.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by rhymz(m): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2010
CapnCrunch:

. . .lol. . Dis got me rollin on da floor. . .
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2010
CapnCrunch:

Interesting How a small satellite country like Ghana brings Nigerians together toward a common cause

hahahaha I'v being thinking same grin grin grin grin this is where u get yorubah's and igbo's singing together
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Omenani(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2010
Ok we are all of the same opinion that Nigeria should annex Ghana? tongue Am I correct?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account / EFCC Seals Off AP Plaza Abuja(photos) / Buhari To Address The Nation - Vanguard

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.