Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,141 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops (31682 Views)

Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure / GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi / FG Summons Envoy Over Closure Of Nigerians’ Shops In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Damfostopper(m): 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
who gives a fvck about that local government area extension called ghana

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by urahara(m): 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
sonature1:

The only countries that can stand Nigeria's might on the continent are South Africa and Egypt.

Nigeria is small in comparison with South Africa.
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by GENEGIRIA: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2019
who is crying now? who is in sifiapain? grin grin grin chai heard food prices are going through the roof grin

[s]
kunmiiii:

This attempt to troll is lame and stale, and there's no amount of blackmail or smileys that will hide your pain, it's like lipstick on a pig, it can hide a lot of sins, but at the end of the day...it's still trayf!
[/s]
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by urahara(m): 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2019
wink2015:

The closure of border and the intimidation of Nigerian traders in Ghana could signify the gradual death of ECOWAS.

What is dead may never die .
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by GENEGIRIA: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2019
a local government that is well run is better than a big blind zoo spewing poverty all over grin
[s]
Damfostopper:
who gives a fvck about that local government area extension called ghana
[/s]
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by xcelentattitude(m): 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
The name is not fine self, more like 'gutter' undecided
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Area4Area: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2019
RichDad1:

There’s surely more to this that meets the eye.
I am suspecting this Ghanaians are actually into smuggling of contrabands into Nigeria but they usually cover up with their legit goods. And the customs might not really out much interest in them since they’re not our immediate neighbors.
Bros haven't you noticed that the Fulani herdsmen wahala, Boko Haram, militancy, armed robbery etc had all reduced since the border closure?
Think am na, these foreigners hate us

10 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by kenzosky: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2019
They can only try, very soon, i repeat very soon they will come looking for shoes to polish in Nigeria. They wanna be South Africans right? But i pity them, if they know what we Nigerians have in mind for S. A in the nearest future, i believe this Ghanaianies would prefer to start polishing our shoes from komasi.

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by fintol: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
Kennyswagz2:
As far as they are igbo shops, I don't care gringrin
if you don't know what to say just shut your mouth.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by SAYEDADAMADAMS(m): 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ghana is one of many countries that can hardly survive without Nigeria but they never agreed that we are better than them naturally and artificially. They hate Nigerians and this has created more pain for them psychologically and emotionally. They have always claimed to know better of what we do or say. We shut the border to improve and tidy up our economy but they are shutting down shops that belong to Nigerians. Ghana as a does not have any meaning thing to offer rather we are the one offering them support.

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Area4Area: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2019
GENEGIRIA:

70 shops closed in one day grin grin grin grin over 400 shops closed so far grin grin grin grin grin grin more closures coming grin grin grin
[s][/s]
We need more closure please and tell your police not to reopen them as usual

7 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Damfostopper(m): 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2019
GENEGIRIA:

a local government that is well run is better than a big blind zoo spewing poverty all over grin
[s][/s]

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Kennyswagz2: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
fintol:
if you don't know what to say just shut your mouth.
I repeat I don't care
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Area4Area: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
you guys should calm down now grin grin grin grin they are only closing shops grin grin grin they haven't killed any nigerian like the south africans did now grin grin grin grin they are only enforcing an existing law, the same way you guys are enforcing a domestic law that made you to close your borders grin grin grin
Close more shops abeg, we're not begging you to stop

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Charly68: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
They will come to Aso Rock to lock the place when their cash flow begin to dwindle

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by GENEGIRIA: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ghana should be compared with Togo, the Gambia and Senegal. and you think nigeria is beter than Togo, Senegal or even Gambia? so who should nigerian be compared with? Somalia, chad grin i bet you have never stepped out of your country. 30 million people with a better standard of living is better than 200 million in a zoo

[s]
able20:

Their president is too weak to act. Ghana should be compared to Togo, Gambia and Senegal, Nigerians shouldn't descent so low as exchange words with a 30 million people.
[/s]
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Kayharry(m): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
RichDad1:
Why are the Ghanians shouting about this border closure more than those Countries that share borders with us?
They keep bragging they don’t need Nigerian commodities, why the hostilities towards legit foreign trader in their country ?
There’s truly more to this. This hypocrites just want to use this as an opportunity to show their hatred and jealousy.
Ghana benefits more from our border than those countries sharing the border with us.

7 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by GENEGIRIA: 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2019
of course grin grin grin stay in your country, I stay in my country. nothing spoil grin grin grin
Area4Area:
Close more shops abeg, we're not begging you to stop
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by GENEGIRIA: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
can you explain how Ghana "benefits" more?
Kayharry:
Ghana benefits more from our border than those countries sharing the border with us.
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Area4Area: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
of course grin grin grin stay in your country, I stay in my country. nothing spoil grin grin grin
Is the Nigerian government begging you to stop is the question

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by wwwihy: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ghana economic value and population is not up to Kano State.

The country should be ready to become 37th State in Federal Republic of Nigeria if they are interested

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by GhostWisperer: 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2019
This goes to show that Ghana's economy is hugely dependent on Nigeria. But it's just a laughable 60 billion dollar economy.

Wretched lots.

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by seniormallam(m): 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2019
See how IMF destroyed our plan for African union, chie
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Kapilta(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
you guys should calm down now grin grin grin grin they are only closing shops grin grin grin they haven't killed any nigerian like the south africans did now grin grin grin grin they are only enforcing an existing law, the same way you guys are enforcing a domestic law that made you to close your borders grin grin grin
why are you crying everywhere na. Did you see anyone here saying gutter shouldn't do their job? They should enforce existing laws, no one gives a f**k. If they like, let them deport Nigerians join. Nigeria land border remain closed till January 2020. grin shikena

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by GENEGIRIA: 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2019
hshahahaha so why are you nigerians wailing grin grin grin i hope your clueless president will not send his foreign minister and top officials to come and beg like he did the last time grin grin lets see who will cry. grin grin grin you should be paying more attention to skyrocketing food prices in your country grin grin grin chai,
Area4Area:
Is the Nigerian government begging you to stop is the question
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Area4Area: 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
GhostWisperer:
This goes to show than Ghana's economy is hugely dependent on Nigeria. But it's just a laughable 60 billion dollar economy.

Wretched lots.
You dey mind those beggars, just border closure with Benin and they won't allow us rest, Benin, Cameroon and Niger didn't cry this much.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Kapilta(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
Ghana should be compared with Togo, the Gambia and Senegal. and you think nigeria is beter than Togo, Senegal or even Gambia? so who should nigerian be compared with? Somalia, chad grin i bet you have never stepped out of your country. 30 million people with a better standard of living is better than 200 million in a zoo

[s][/s]
when you make the name and the popularity Nigeria has made for itself both good and bad, we can argue then, untill then. Face Burkina Faso straight. They are your immediate Neighbor and your mate. Bye loser

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by chigoizie7(m): 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
gaetano:

I actually care about the Nigerian traders because they have families to feed. You are not affected directly because you ain't in ghana.

You can’t just bite off the nose just to spite the face.

All over the world, countries need immigrants to help boost their economy. And Nigeria even gave them productive ones. People who earn money legitimately, pay tax , pay rent to Ghanaians, spend the money in Ghana. That’s a boost on your government revenue.

Lock those shops, what will happen? Last last those affected will return to naija.

One naija man rents both shop and his residential home ( pays rent to two Ghanaians)

So far, 70 shops are closed, automatically 140 Ghanaian landlords are gonna loose their clients.

So, you think it is smart to punish 70 naija shops, while in the real sense , you indirectly punished 140 Ghanaian landlords. Let’s forget about other daily expenses and to taxes paid to the government.

Like I said, you can’t bite of the nose just to spite the face.
Economically, it is not wise for Ghanaians to start closing naija owned shops, but their hates is much.

Btw, we won’t open our borders.

Let’s see who will suffer more, individually or the entire economy which will in return affect all of you one way or the other.

I do not want you to believe me, but that’s the simple truth.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by Area4Area: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
hshahahaha so why are you nigerians wailing grin grin grin i hope your clueless president will not send his foreign minister and top officials to come and beg like he did the last time grin grin lets see who will cry. grin grin grin you should be paying more attention to skyrocketing food prices in your country grin grin grin chai,
You've been telling us about a protest in Abuja but nothing, only your useless and beggarly ministers in Abuja had left for good

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by edoairways: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
Enforcing with law? angry
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by GENEGIRIA: 4:13pm On Nov 12, 2019
the truth is that in 2019, nigeria is not even fit to polish Ghana's shoes grin grin grin grin grin grin grin go and drink sniper and rest your troubled body. cool people are committing suicide when they are deported back to nigeria and you are here talking trash grin grin grin grin grin grin

[s]
Kapilta:
when you make the name and the popularity Nigeria has made for itself both good and bad, we can argue then, untill then. Face Burkina Faso straight. They are your immediate Neighbor and your mate. Bye loser
[/s]
Re: Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops by chigoizie7(m): 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
can you explain how Ghana "benefits" more?

You can’t just bite off the nose just to spite the face.

All over the world, countries need immigrants to help boost their economy. And Nigeria even gave them productive ones. People who earn money legitimately, pay tax , pay rent to Ghanaians, spend the money in Ghana. That’s a boost on your government revenue.

Lock those shops, what will happen? Last last those affected will return to naija.

One naija man rents both shop and his residential home ( pays rent to two Ghanaians)

So far, 70 shops are closed, automatically 140 Ghanaian landlords are gonna loose their clients.

So, you think it is smart to punish 70 naija shops, while in the real sense , you indirectly punished 140 Ghanaian landlords. Let’s forget about other daily expenses and to taxes paid to the government.

Like I said, you can’t bite of the nose just to spite the face.
Economically, it is not wise for Ghanaians to start closing naija owned shops, but their hates is much.

Btw, we won’t open our borders.

Let’s see who will suffer more, individually or the entire economy which will in return affect all of you one way or the other.

I do not want you to believe me, but that’s the simple truth.

This is just a tip of the iceberg, I can tell you many ways Ghana benefits, but make una suffer small, una think say una smart economically?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg / Presidency, Defence Headquarters Under Pressure To Hire Military Contractors / Vincent Ayigor Sentenced To 175-Year Jail Term For Duping American Of $629,287

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.