Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

December: A Time To Decide The Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / December: A Time To Decide The Relationship. (434 Views)

I Can Decide The Dreams I Have At Night / If Any Man I'm Dating Gets Broke, I'll Leave The Relationship- Lady (Video) / Girlfriend Drives Lover's $100k Benz Into Pool For Ending The Relationship (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

December: A Time To Decide The Relationship. by yazga: 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
DECEMBER: A TIME TO DECIDE THE RELATIONSHIP.

Dear Uncle,

To have walked with Aunty from January to this moment, I think that's long enough to decide if you want to go on or not. Go ahead and tell somebody's daughter your intentions categorically clear. If you know you don't see any future with her, please,let her go! And if you really want her, please don't wait till Edu Brazil and Emmy South are finally back and throwing some rossy naira around before you will now develop small sense to go and start telling her rubbish. You better say something reasonable now before those guys will enter town.

Uncle, there are two sentences that instil ball-shrinking terror into the heart of a man once a woman says them. The first is: "We Need to Talk." And the second is: "Where do you think this relationship is going?" Dear Uncle out of fear you might even tell her Korea. Don't wait until aunty comes up with these lines before you start thinking about the future of your relationship.

In fact, if you know that you now see each other more and more often lately, you now wait for each other after church service, you now walk how together after midweek service, you now call up each other often, Uncle I just want to tell you that you have entered. Just respect yourself and go and discuss with aunty about where you think the relationship is going. Umuahia or Umuchu?

On a serious note, don't go there and start promising heaven and earth out of pressure. I understand that even if you're both going into the conversation with the best intentions, there is just this way it can feel although one "No" can hurt the other person. But, please, be as sincere and honest as possible. It's easier to let lose with truth than to keep them with lies. It's vitally important to be willing to relate your boundaries. Consider the comprise and sacrifices that must follow and decide whether or not the relationship is worth the cost.

Guy, it's important to say what you want and how you want it up front. But don't browbeat your partner into accepting your terms. No relationship is going to survive with one partner feeling as though they were forced into something they didn't want but felt obligated to. Explain what you want, be willing to compromise where you can, and b willing to walk away if it just isn't going to work.
Re: December: A Time To Decide The Relationship. by dedeorji(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
You are absolutely on point.
Many out of fear of losing the temporary 'benefits' in a relationship, keep on weaving a web of lies that always end in both parties getting hurt. I would rather open up to you and perhaps lose that relationship now and save myself heartache than continue in falsehood that would work against us in future.

2 Likes

Re: December: A Time To Decide The Relationship. by murphyibiam15(m): 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2019
well put, you wrote absolutely well

1 Like

Re: December: A Time To Decide The Relationship. by yazga: 9:23am On Nov 14, 2019
Thank you!
murphyibiam15:
well put, you wrote absolutely well
Re: December: A Time To Decide The Relationship. by yazga: 9:24am On Nov 14, 2019
True
dedeorji:
You are absolutely on point.
Many out of fear of losing the temporary 'benefits' in a relationship, keep on weaving a web of lies that always end in both parties getting hurt. I would rather open up to you and perhaps lose that relationship now and save myself heartache than continue in falsehood that would work against us in future.

(1) (Reply)

Signs To Know When Your Man Has A Mistress / Is It True? Won't Lose Women When Chasing Money, Lose Money When Chasing Women? / Please Stop Asking Me About Mimzyy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.