Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

How Do I Stop Betting? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Do I Stop Betting? (28005 Views)

Stop Betting On Football. Basketball Is The Goldmine / Will The Suspension Of All Sporting Activities Help Our Youth To Stop Betting? / Time To Stop Betting As Year 2017 Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by CrazyOptimist: 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
Decolonel:
This I a serious habit you need to break. Otherwise, you will live your life full of regrets for not being able to save up money for your upkeep and your family needs.

This is what you to do:
Get a small saving box, you can either buy or meet a carpenter to construct one for you. Each day you have the urge to play bet, try to discipline yourself enough to put the money inside the saving box. Now listen, don't expect to quit betting instantaneously, trust me it won't work. Try to reduce the amount of money you bet per day. Then put the bigger amount in the saving box. By so doing, you would gradually stop betting and save yourself some shopping money for xmas
Yinmu
Kolewerk

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by ZAWs: 11:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
Story story.
While I do not encourage gambling, but let's not forget that gambling has a grade.
I know senior men that plays bet and are living well.
I mean big money.
Not this #100, #200 bet and be looking for millions.
These are the persons that are addicted.
Avoid greed and Play your bet with good money then watch your income.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by frozen70g(f): 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
Chidexter:

Its a lie. you wont do as instructed, i know how it works.

You are a discourager ❗❗❗
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Lexusgs430: 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
novice22:
If God answers all prayer, I would have been dead because I told him to take my life if I ever go into betting.

I told Sango, god of thunder to take my life if I ever repeat my past mistake yet I am finding it very difficult to let go.

I think it will be easier for me to make heaven than to quit betting forever....I have done a lot of things to let go of my addiction, but none is working.

I believe a problem shared is half solved that's why I'm bringing this here.

Mod please a lost soul.

Very simple...... Speak to all your friends and enemies etc etc never to lend/borrow you money......

If you have a girlfriend/wife, speak to her about your addiction and what role she can play......

Now make her in charge of all your income/incoming payments....... (hopefully, she no go chop ur moni)

Now without been in financial control of funds, how can you bet?..... grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Kylekent59: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
novice22:
If God answers all prayer, I would have been dead because I told him to take my life if I ever go into betting.

I told Sango, god of thunder to take my life if I ever repeat my past mistake yet I am finding it very difficult to let go.

I think it will be easier for me to make heaven than to quit betting forever....I have done a lot of things to let go of my addiction, but none is working.

Mod please a lost soul.

it is very easy. Buy a safe box and always put those money you want to use to stake in it.

As you have done this thrice, you will definitely have the urge to make sure that container box is filled with money.

Another way is by telling yourself the truth or by abusing the betting companies every morning or any moment the urge comes.

Example: Chelsea vs Mancity will play this weekend. When the urge comes, say to yourself, " bastard teams, bastard betting companies wanting to wreck people of their hard earned money. Abeg make I go use my money chop rice and beans with 2 meats joor"

After you have eaten, you are on your way home and you heard the match ended in 0-0, my man begin to laugh and insult them more that they won't smell your money again.

Thirdly

Another way is to go to any bet shop, sit down and start observing people playing visual, Aja ere, colour colour. Watch how their ticket spoils and how they squeeze it and dump it on the ground, tell yourself, see as this people are converting their money to paper.

Isn't this madness, this people need to be saved. You start nodding your head as they keep playing and tell yourself, " see as they are wasting their money"

Even if at all they win, watch out how they will still lose their whole win + their phone placed as credit. Now tell yourself, " this one don turn beggar, shaiiii"

Fourthly

Read your bible, pray and get busy.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Soler(m): 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Firstly, take away your mind from the fact that without bet you won't get big money or you want recover all the money you've lost and lastly get something to keep you busy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Yorubabyblood: 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
nothing wrong in betting, it depends on how u see it and how u take it ,
1,,dont put all your mind on it
2 dont put too much money on it
3. practice "silent painless betting"
this means dont spend more than 100naira per ticket, and dont play more than two ticket per day
and dont play everyday,
4, when u play a game , consider it a lost game,
;if it returns a winning ticket ,you celebrate,
if it doesn't you forget it

im this manner you wont feel hurt or being addicted to betting
## my 2 cent

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by belcom10(m): 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
Don't be a double minded man, take stand. Acknowledged the most high God Alone. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Summit to him totally. He will help you. Peace!

novice22:

Mod please a lost soul.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by modskiller(m): 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
LadySarah:
Use your whole salary and bet at once,by the Time You stay hungry for the Next 29 days,You will Stop it entirely.

Savagery at its finest grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by golddare: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
It's not difficult to stop betting, all you need to do is to imagine how wretched you will be in 20years time if you dont quit and perhaps you can still gamble with your future and imagine how prosperous you may be in 20 years time.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Onitola2: 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2019
Edu3Again:
My Man u need to choose one, God or Sango not the 2.

Avoid allah too if I were you as allah is not God.

Call on the name of Jesus & He will give u rest

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
u still have time for silly jibes on an important matter like this. Give sensible advice if u have one or keep kwayet.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by ecclize: 11:37pm On Nov 13, 2019
someone is sharing my experience....
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
TalkTalkTwins:
How to quit betting 101 grin

- Borrow #10 million from a bank
- Use #8 million to play sure game, ie just bet one game

If you lose, you won't ever bet in your life again. Na only money to pay dept you go dey hustle for.
If you win, you'd start up a reasonable business, and betting go commot your mind.

Don't thank me. What are friends for? cheesy
grin grin grin but bros the advice wey you give the guy na still betting advice e still be....i shake head for you oooo
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Uchenaija: 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
novice22:

Mod please a lost soul.

Change your circle of friends
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2019
Tocheagle:
My Guy make sure you increase the betting. Stop betting on football, start betting on dog race, you will feel better.
grin grin grin grin you even carry dog picture put sef...Kai, Nigerians!!!! Una no go kill person

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2019
ornicus:
I have thought about this.

To kill a bad habit, you have to modify your environment. Say you want to cut down on tv, move the tv from the living room, or even sell it.

And that is where the problem is. To stop betting, you have to remove bet9ja from your environment. But I see more bet9ja than mtn umbrellas. I counted three on a single road this afternoon.

That does not include the pop ups on internet websites

You want to quit, you may have to move up north where I think but am not sure that they are conservative about betting and are hampering it’s proliferation.

I personally am really disturbed by the government’s obsession with revenue and their obliviousness to the growing gambling epidemic.

Young kids in secondary school are being ensnared into this.
you reply stated out very funny but got serious in the end.....
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by drightguy(m): 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2019
noblealuu:

This training is for Lagos residents, it's absolutely free....

Click here to register

http:///ypfbusinessummit

#Na Dem

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 14, 2019
novice22:

Mod please a lost soul.

Dear Mr. Poster , I understand your plight very well because I was once like you. I am Christian and was also a serious gambler, to the extent I could check my bet slips in church. Sometimes, I do forget some of the slips in church. It was due to unemployment, the only source of income I had was the so-called npower. A man of 30 years, squatting with someone, I cried all night looking for a good source of income. That was how i venture into football bet. It was fetching me money but the losses were far more. I really wanted to quit cos it became a shame in the sense that am well known in church so I focused on online betting. That didn't help me at all, in the sense that I spent more online that in shops. I kept on praying, trying to discipline myself but I always go back no matter my losses. I was a chronic gambler !! Well, you know the way it rolls it out there. Sometimes, You feel like committing suicide because it didn't scale through. But as God may have it, he changed my financial status through forex investments. I started investing with different forex firms even with as little as 20k. Suddenly, gambling escaped my brain. It becomes like old fashion whenever people are discussing about it. I still predict and watch big games but not with my money.
Employ your money to work for you outside of gambling. All you need is knowledge of additional source of income. That was how God helped me

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by 11doubledee: 12:11am On Nov 14, 2019
Chidexter:

Its a lie. you wont do as instructed, i know how it works.
grin grin grin
@novice22
Your matter serious o
Village people.. .....Hmmmmmm
Una still follow my guy enter nairaland
grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Americanboy35: 12:20am On Nov 14, 2019
prekumohtim:

Dear Mr. Poster , I understand your plight very well because I was once like you. I am Christian and was also a serious gambler, to the extent I could check my bet slips in church. Sometimes, I do forget some of the slips in church. It was due to unemployment, the only source of income I had was the so-called npower. A man of 30 years, squatting with someone, I cried all night looking for a good source of income. That was how i venture into football bet. It was fetching me money but the losses were far more. I really wanted to quit cos it became a shame in the sense that am well known in church so I focused on online betting. That didn't help me at all, in the sense that I spent more online that in shops. I kept on praying, trying to discipline myself but I always go back no matter my losses. I was a chronic gambler !! Well, you know the way it rolls it out there. Sometimes, You feel like committing suicide because it didn't scale through. But as God may have it, he changed my financial status through forex investments. I started investing with different forex firms even with as little as 20k. Suddenly, gambling escaped my brain. It becomes like old fashion whenever people are discussing about it. I still predict and watch big games but not with my money.
Employ your money to work for you outside of gambling. All you need is knowledge of additional source of income. That was how God helped me
Bro pls can you give me the name of those forex firms? Pls its urgent sir
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Gucciboy1(m): 12:37am On Nov 14, 2019
joshboss:
Guy leave betting and smoke sk. Trust me it'll help.

Marlian!!!!
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Gucciboy1(m): 12:39am On Nov 14, 2019
Christain11pii:
Hmmm

Is it free?
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by namiji2598: 12:40am On Nov 14, 2019
realokopi:
Your case may be different as for me betting is helping my life. I win money almost every day. 20k, 30k,40k and so on. People like the OP would select 30 games and play with 100 naira expecting to win millions; some people get lucky through that though but it's rare.
The Minimum and maximum odds I bet is always 5 to 13 odds, I either play with 2k or 3k and by God's grace luck is always on my side.
If betting doesn't work for you stop oo as for me everything is well balanced. cool
give me ur game today bro, if u can quote me here with the games fine, please make it a screenshot of the games, cos am booking it on betpawa, screenshot the game showing the list of the game

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Gucciboy1(m): 12:42am On Nov 14, 2019
Joshua7123:
see below

Is it free?
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Gucciboy1(m): 12:44am On Nov 14, 2019
landmark86:
Op u can quit but me will never gree.
I must win all my lost money back cos Bet9ja has tried my blood finish.

OK... Continue until they finish you down to your shoes
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by cooltola(m): 12:45am On Nov 14, 2019
Prayer is key with actions , so I give the steps to help you out
1. Avoid any gambling joints, or area. If the spot is close to your route going home or going to work, friends, church or whatever place you pass through often. Find a different route and avoid such areas.
2. Let someone keep you accountable with money, meaning someone should discipline on how you spend your money. Someone keeps your extra money that you trust with your life where you do not have easy access whenever you have the urge to gamble. A person that where you ask for the money , they will not give you your money except for emergencies.
3. Every money you have , you must have a daily limit on how you spend your cash no matter what with someone monitoring how you spend your money- Set a reasonable limit where you know that you must you cannot overspend no matter what and you must be honest with yourself e.g I will not spend more than N2000 a day only expect for emergencies
4. You have to avoid tiggers that give the urges to gamble e.g football matches, boxing or any event. You have to find an alternate to your tiggers event that is what is causing you gamble. Find an alternate hobbies, or get your mind busy with anything productive e.g you can jog , read a book, work out, shadow box whenever you have the urge to gamble.
5. Reward yourself as you make progress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Gucciboy1(m): 12:50am On Nov 14, 2019
0monnak0da:

You sound like an expert

I am sure you must have helped many people with this formula ?

If gambling has eaten deep into the system, this won't work because you'll definitely have the strong urge to take out money from the box by using broom or breaking it open. It's an addiction, you can do anything possible to satisfy that urge.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by DexterousOne(m): 12:51am On Nov 14, 2019
Sonoyom:
Kill your urge for quick money and start focusing your energy on better things, slowly and steadily your addiction to it would decline

modified: ftc on B9 trend...... Okporrrr

Best advice

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Gucciboy1(m): 12:52am On Nov 14, 2019
novice22:

Mod please a lost soul.

Best thing is to sit down, think of the good things you've lost, where you ought to be right now and make a decision if you want to be s better person or die in penury and Shame. It's not just making up your mind to stop. It's about realising what you could have achieved if you aren't gambling, then make up your mind. It's up to you to stop.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Princepioneer(m): 12:57am On Nov 14, 2019
LadySarah:
Use your whole salary and bet at once,by the Time You stay hungry for the Next 29 days,You will Stop it entirely.
has happened to me several times.. I borrow money tire even has to beg those am not in good terms with for money... Na that time you go know say twenty something days be like one year for calendar... Survival no easy for this life oo...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by NoPeaceInBettin: 12:58am On Nov 14, 2019
novice22:

Mod please a lost soul.

I created this thread purposely for you here... You can read through and share your contact for more follow up. Thanks. God bless your after-quitting-betting-life kiss smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/5527500/may-stop-betting-novice22#84007721

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Neymar Tests His Injured Foot Strength In Qatar Ahead Of Return (Photos / Anthony Joshua Drops Down To Number Four In World Heavyweight Ranking [see Top 5 / Super Falcons Player Were Underpaid By FG, Set To Protest Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.