Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

How Do I Stop Betting? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Do I Stop Betting? (27989 Views)

Stop Betting On Football. Basketball Is The Goldmine / Will The Suspension Of All Sporting Activities Help Our Youth To Stop Betting? / Time To Stop Betting As Year 2017 Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by aspiring44: 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
[quote author=RTSC post=84005230]
He should stop following sports temporarily too.

That is the main trigger for gambling.

If he can follow 3 D's the better

Desire , decision , diligent

Follow your heart
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Nicklaus619(m): 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
joshboss:

Gerrarra here mehn shh. Lie lie kee you there

Why should I lie? I don't have reason to, that how I roll it's my formular and if u think otherwise make use of this cool

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by franxalive(m): 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
Repent, ask for forgiveness, and seek help from the lord jesus ...abhor evil...set some positive priority ur daily life... he will guide and direct your ways... am a living testimony...i overcame betting... And all other addictions...#jesusissomething MORE THAN GOLD...Goodluck.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Tocheagle(m): 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
My Guy make sure you increase the betting. Stop betting on football, start betting on dog race, you will feel better.

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by millionboi2: 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
ArticleBeast:
You hate sport betting because you are losing not because you truly hate it. Come making I give sure 2 odds grin grin grin
how far

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by ensamy(m): 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
I can't quit betting because I keep winning. Thank God for Bet9ja, Betway, Betting, 1xbet hmmmm , school fees, house rent, air ticket to and fro Canada was from betting. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Tulsaguy: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
Just tell urself that "I know certainly that bet9ja (name the bet company u patronize) can't make me rich...

I know that for sure.... the more I say it, the more I hate betting..... I was a desperate betking.

Avoid friends & conversation on betting. Only the work of your hand can make u rich..

Akin alabi may successfully deceive u, only the work of ur hand won't deceive u ...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Bawofsss: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2019
realokopi:
Your case may be different as for me betting is helping my life. I win money almost every day. 20k, 30k,40k and so on. People like the OP would select 30 games and play with 100 naira expecting to win millions; some people get lucky through that though but it's rare.
The Minimum and maximum odds I bet is always 5 to 13 odds, I either play with 2k or 3k and by God's grace luck is always on my side.
If betting doesn't work for you stop oo as for me everything is well balanced. cool
broda abeg dey give me game.....let me also be on d winning side. let chat on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Bawofsss: 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2019
ensamy:
I can't quit betting because I keep winning. Thank God for Bet9ja, Betway, Betting, 1xbet hmmmm , school fees, house rent, air ticket to and fro Canada was from betting. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

u dey use juju?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by SEGLIZ: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
michlins:
We can all agree that the gods are either nonexistent or doesn't care. This right here is a proof

everyone reserves the right to whatever believe they want and whatever they chose to believe in.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Recruitmentedu: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
You are right about this disorder.. na god save me. i was almost gotten to that phase in europe.. It was online betting. i call the online betting and i rant and tell them that am loosing money and this is not fair.. the next thing they do is the ask me to quit and they deactivate my account and since then i lose interest in betting...
Dokitadotun:
You have entered the phase of Gambling disorder, a classification in addiction.
You may need to see a Psychiatrist for psychotherapy and what have u.
It will help you drastically.
In the interim, avoid friends or anything that reminds you of gambling.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Tocheagle(m): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
realokopi:
Your case may be different as for me betting is helping my life. I win money almost every day. 20k, 30k,40k and so on. People like the OP would select 30 games and play with 100 naira expecting to win millions; some people get lucky through that though but it's rare.
The Minimum and maximum odds I bet is always 5 to 13 odds, I either play with 2k or 3k and by God's grace luck is always on my side.
If betting doesn't work for you stop oo as for me everything is well balanced. cool
Brother, teach me how. Inbox me

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by webngnews: 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bet all your life savings and suffer it for atleast few months with all the bad things on earth hunger sickness loneliness sexlessness and more you will stop betting by force
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by ensamy(m): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bawofsss:

u dey use juju?
Simple permutation, probability, logic and common sense. You will be winning weekly.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by djoe21(m): 10:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
Sonoyom:
Kill your urge for quick money and start focusing your energy on better things, slowly and steadily your addiction to it would decline

The question is how does he kill his urge for quick money?
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by djoe21(m): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2019
TalkTalkTwins:
How to quit betting 101 grin

- Borrow #10 million from a bank
- Use #8 million to play sure game, ie just bet one game

If you lose, you won't ever bet in your life again. Na only money to pay dept you go dey hustle for.
If you win, you'd start up a reasonable business, and betting go commot your mind.

Don't thank me. What are friends for? cheesy

Guy you are a clown cheesy
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by tosyne2much(m): 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
It's extremely difficult to break free from the bond of betting addiction especially if it has eaten deep into your system. To make matters worse, Nigerian bookmakers don't even have account deleting feature

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by FuckTheMod: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
greatnaija01:

[s]THANK GOD FOR UNANSWERED PRAYERS....

God does not answer desperate prayers like this because it is usually void of wisdom.[/s]

THE ROOT OF EVIL is THE LOVE OF MONEY and my bro, you LOVE MONEY.

God would rather remove your LOVE OF MONEY or REDIRECT IT.... than kill you.

YOU NEED TO KILL GREED IN YOUR LIFE BEFORE IT LEADS YOU TO OTHER EVILS THAT ARE GET RICH QUICK SCHEMES WORSE THAN BETTING.

To do this is quite simple.... GET AN ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER... or someone who can know about your entire money transactions and can determine what you get or spend.

Do this for 90days and your life will be better.
Shut up
Rubbish talk
Which one does he now answer?
What of the Sango too?
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Is it a problem that sango cannot solve and even God almighty himself has tried and failed that you are calling us, ordinary nairalanders to solve? Guy, are you OK?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Globalistic(f): 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2019
Contact me for 3 superb odds just for FREE.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by ensamy(m): 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2019
realokopi:

Exactly. Kill greed, you will be winning every day, weekly.
How can one play 40 games with N100 and expect to be winning shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ? Just play 2 , 3, or 4 better games and put better money , you will be smiling always.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2019
novice22:
If God answers all prayer, I would have been dead because I told him to take my life if I ever go into betting.

I told Sango, god of thunder to take my life if I ever repeat my past mistake yet I am finding it very difficult to let go.

I think it will be easier for me to make heaven than to quit betting forever....I have done a lot of things to let go of my addiction, but none is working.

I believe a problem shared is half solved that's why I'm bringing this here.

Mod please a lost soul.

Which God are you calling to help. Jesus won't help too.
I can point you to a petition spell to an angel/ demon who could help you with your addiction.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by dochenaj: 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
LadySarah:
Use your whole salary and bet at once,by the Time You stay hungry for the Next 29 days,You will Stop it entirely.
It doesn't work that way.

Do you know what makes gambling addiction deadly? The person involved might be so neck deep in debts and yet he will find people who will be willing to borrow him more money to yet lose it to gambling.

The person could degenerate to fraud, theft, and other dubious means, just to get money to gamble with.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by NICOGRAVITY: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
Surely you have prayed, but you have not changed your mind set.
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Secondly, have a vision a day a project you are working on, that way you will value every Money you earn.
Be accountable to somebody.
Finally, change your friends.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Ubongdemaga: 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
When i see this kind post , it baffles me. How can u b complaining about something u can control? First u have 2 understand wat is betting or gambling. U r not sure of wat u r putting ur money on and u don't have a control of it, so why putting all hope on it? Why staking more than what u can lose? Another is r u doing virtual bet too? If yes, i pity u. I do bet but just bw 100-300 naira a week, this is wat i can comfortably lose 4 bet in a week. I don't play wit 100% hope dat my game will deliver. Anything can happen in football match if u watch and follow football well.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Taiwojon(m): 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
give your life to Jesus
follow him
deny self i.e urge to gambling
carry your cross as neglect friends that might put you back into gambling
and Preach Jesus to others by so doing you won't ever dare to any means of gambling
trust me do this and all is WELL

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by CrazyOptimist: 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
Zoharariel:
I have been there before. Write the following quote boldly on a thick piece of paper, laminate it, keep it in your wallet and be reading it out loudly morning & night for the rest of your life. grin

"Gambling is the child of avarice, the brother of iniquity, and the father of mischief.” – George Washington

Yinmu
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by lyricalz: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2019
if you have strong knowledge of math and probability techniques, no one will tell you, you will quit betting immediately.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by dochenaj: 10:53pm On Nov 13, 2019
Nicklaus619:
Dude u lack discipline that why you keep loosing money, me self dey bet but I have got discipline,
1. I don't do virtual
2. I bet only on weekends
3. I budget 1k monthly for betting meaning I bet two ticket per weekend which is #100 x 2 multiple by 4 weeks which is #800
4. I do it for fun and I am not desperate to rebet when the turn out is negative.
Apply these steps and u go dey okay, sport betting has really helped me, nah virtual nah him dey kill u bros cool
There is a difference between betting for fun and betting for wealth.

In the former you're not expecting anything, and that is why if the outcome go against you, nothing changes.

Unfortunately the one gambling for wealth will immediately bet and bet again if the earlier bets were to fail him. Until he is out of bets and out of money.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Viksu101: 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
Try to reduce the amount the put into it when the urge comes. Like if you used to used to use 10000 reduce to 1000 and drastically work your way down anytime you make a loss and with time you'll see how ineffective sport betting is.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by CrazyOptimist: 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
omotowo2:
Niggae I am sure you mean baby. As in virtual game, colour colour or ajansare.

Bro.. The day I stopped virtual was my best day in life. I naked myself in front of my wife and son, then took a Bible and open it. Then, I caused my life and said anyday I play virtual, may I die in the next seven days and it really worked like magic. I can't even remember the day it crossed my mind to play virtual.

I only stake on normal booking and I have been cashing out big time. I stake responsibly. The maximum amount I stake on a good day is #1000 and that's ten tickets bro.

Try and use the living God to swear and see how it will work for u. Off your clothes and take a Bible for the oath. Swear you should run mad or die before seven days if you ever bet again.

Sango can't work for you.

But Yoruba says OMODE BUROKO, OBOJUWEYIN....sango may still strike you though

Hahahahahaha
I don laugh taya
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Sonoyom(m): 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
djoe21:

The question is how does he kill his urge for quick money?
The urge for quick money is the reason he is addicted to sports betting. He should understand the fact that wealth grows with time and also he should be content with his monthly income. If he want to generate more he should invest in business and not in B9.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Is More Than A Finisher-Coach Pellegrini / 2022 WCQ: Ahmed Musa Gifts Super Eagles Teammates ₦5 Million / PHOTO: Henry Onyekuru Signs For Everton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.