Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Be Discrete With Your Moves - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Be Discrete With Your Moves (22448 Views)

Lady Moves Out Of Husband’s House 6 Months After Marriage, Uses Truck To Pack / This Little, Chubby Girl's Dance Moves Will Put A Smile On Your Face (Photos) / Man Abandons His Young Wife And Kids, Moves In With Another Lady. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by abbey621(m): 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Whatever is yours is yours! If you like tell 1 Billion people about an idea that you have, if it is truly yours they won't find the means nor the time to be able to steal it. A lot of ideas/inventions in Nigeria died with their creators because no one knew. It is simple, most Nigerians have great ideas but lack the funding or the avenue to bring them to reality. DO YOU THINK KEEPING IT INSIDE WOULD REALLY HELP THESE PEOPLE? Ideas without action/investors is basically worthless!

6 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by naijadrivablog: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Discrete if you are a yahoo?
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by meobizy(f): 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
This is outdated advice. If I tell someone a business plan I’m thinking up he should start the venture before me. I’ll only use his experience to build myself when I finally attain the necessary resources. A lot of people can think up the same idea, the difference is always in the execution.

3 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by fm001(m): 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
We need to very careful these days in relating our plans or next move to someone else.....People can hardly be trusted . Remember, that in all things love all but trust none.

3 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by BOFREJO(m): 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bonatheripper:
Whatif you have no moves?
such person is unproductive
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by millionboi2: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
drips8:
The only person that you can trust is yourself.
very true,very true
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by millionboi2: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
abbey621:
Whatever is yours is yours! If you like tell 1 Billion people about an idea that you have, if it is truly yours they won't find the means nor the time to be able to steal it. A lot of ideas/inventions in Nigeria died with their creators because no one knew. It is simple, most Nigerians have great ideas but lack the funding or the avenue to bring them to reality. DO YOU THINK KEEPING IT INSIDE WOULD REALLY HELP THESE PEOPLE? Ideas without action/investors is basically worthless!
is not just idea

1 Like

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Shugargal(f): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
drips8:
The only person that you can trust is yourself.
I don't even trust myself

2 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by seanwilliam(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
johnkay1:
We all know that but to practise it is the problem. The urge to talk about, to show it, to flaunt it is irresistible.
you're a true son of the soil
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by bezimo(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
Only the wise can relate

1 Like

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by anonymous1759(m): 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
binarymachine:
We often have the urge to appear impressive to our family, friends and peers both in the way we look and talk, our finances and acquisitions and with our plans. We do this because they also appear impressive to us and we want to also let them see ours too and show that we are also succeeding. For this, we make unnecessary announcements by sharing our plans or next actions and sometimes it lands in the wrong ears.

In this era of social media boom, making announcements and showing off has been made so easy. Everybody is showing off and sharing to everybody, no one is poor or unintelligent on social media. This creates a compulsive feeling or impulse for us to want to show or share ours too. Communication and chatting platforms are everywhere and very affordable too. You can easily chat with someone million miles away and it feels so comfortable and easy to talk because the person is not right in front of you, therefore easy for you to tell your friends and family both far and near what your plans are and what your next move sounds like.

Do not get it all wrong, sharing plans with family and friends is good. It can save you a lot of costly mistakes and help exchange very important ideas that could help boost your plans or give you a fresh interesting one. Social media is also the best thing to happen in our generation. Marketing, trading, socializing, exchange of ideas and customer service have been made easy and efficient. The advantages of social media is so numerous it can not be over estimated.

That been said, never be in a hurry to announce your moves or next plans to everyone who cares to listen. There is no art to find the mind’s construction on the face. That great plan of yours may fall on the wrong or eager ear, be it a friend, family or a stranger on the social media. Many people have had their ideas stolen because they could not control their mouth. You could have the idea but not the resources to implement it, sharing it to the wrong person may see another person making millions of an idea you initially conceived and you cannot prove it.

A lot of other people have had their plans thwarted from the beginning by bad family or friends just because they could not keep it to theirself. You can tell your friends or family about something you intend to do and have a million people wishing you failure. If you fail, you see them throwing jests or sarcasms at you randomly as if it was their failure. Many more have gotten into trouble for what they have shared on the social media.

Don’t trust to much or too easily, keep your plans and moves to yourself and go about it discretely. When you fail, no one knows, when you succeed, everybody celebrates. If you need help and must share your idea, make sure it’s someone you can trust. Hustle and execute your plans in silence, let your success do the announcements and sharing.

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2019/10/13/be-descrete-with-your-moves/

Nice Thread. Back then village people use mirror to monitor people but right now all they need Is a mobile phone . if You advice them to keep some things secret they see you as a bad badbelle or old fashioned.

I don't share my ideas in public, with my GF or friends i only let them know no I'm creative all my ideas are in my diary when I get the chance to meet the right people I'll sell it to establish myself instead of losing it to an unknown person. The only person I share my ideas with is my brother No one else no matter how close we're.

6 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by sammirano: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
I will never forget university days
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by chigoziri2403(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
ednut1:
Show off is human nature. Even animals show off
are you an animal

1 Like

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Onyi90(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
drips8:
The only person that you can trust is yourseplf.
Not when u are a talks talks or drunk
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Suzie1(f): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=binarymachine post=84017406

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2019/10/13/be-descrete-with-your-moves/

[/quote]

Discreet : careful and prudent in one's speech or actions, especially in order to keep something confidential or to avoid embarrassment.

Not

Discrete: individually separate and distinct.

4 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by abbey621(m): 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
millionboi2:
is not just idea

Idea, inventions, plans etc? So many great ideas/inventions or plans have died with their creator because no one knew about them.

1 Like

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Enemyofpeace: 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
Apart from my fellow nairalanders and dominique, I doesn't share my plans with members of the public because they cannot be trust

2 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by louken(m): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
Win the battle before you declare the war

1 Like

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by bluefilm: 6:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
iretemide:
shocked shocked shocked

True words.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Starhearts: 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
From d piz
Wetin pasuma dey find for d piz, from left l mean
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by brownbib(m): 6:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nice article. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Kerfuffle: 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
We seem to have discarded the old age wisdom of being discreet with our next move. Social media seems to have made discreetness hard.

Sharing your plans indescriminately is inappropriate. By sharing it especially if it is grand, you invoke envy in the hearts of human and consequences of such could go beyond affecting your goal by making your chances of acheiving the goal gets slimmer, but you could be inviting trouble.

Stop uploading your uncompleted building, your wife's bump, stop telling the world about the new car you plan on getting.

Don't learn the hard way.

6 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by ITbomb(m): 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
How will my haters know I don arrive yankee if I dey discrete

3 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by izubext007: 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
Not In Dis Regime Every Body Head Is Jst Emty 4 Now, Out Of Frustration.

1 Share

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by midnighter(f): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
ITbomb:
How will my haters know I don arrive yankee if I dey discrete

Hahaha. When they see you analysing Trump's impeachment on CNN cool

4 Likes

Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
Discreet undecided
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Shugargal:
I don't even trust myself
Then, trust me grin
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Sanctecosma(m): 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bonatheripper:
Whatif you have no moves?

Better. Cos you have nothing to share, show off or flaunt. grin grin
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by Freeman50(m): 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
Am impressed by your choice of words.
Re: Be Discrete With Your Moves by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
MrMcJay:
I learnt this the hard way.
I might be on the same path too.
Na from "i'm happy for you" na him better beef dey take start

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All About Babies / Why marriages are failing and solutions / My Boyfriend Demands I Change My Church After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.