Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. (13704 Views)

One Day, He Will Be Told To Choose Between His Girlfriend And Mother (Picture) / Hand Dryer, Computer , AC, Ox Fan For Sale / Rechargeable Fan That Blows Like A.C Cheap And Affordable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Comanche(f): 7:21am On Nov 15, 2019
I am about buying a rechargeable fan, and I have the options of OX and Lontor.

From your experience which has a better battery life?

Or if you own either how long does it hold a charge for?

Thank You.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by uboma(m): 8:42am On Nov 15, 2019
Personally I won't buy the rechargeable fan because their batteries do not last for long. The OX fan will serve you well, it is rugged.

6 Likes

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Comanche(f): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2019
uboma:
Personally I won't buy the rechargeable fan because their batteries do not last for long. Theu OX fan will serve you well, it is rugged.

Thanks for your recommendation.

No light and heat is too much.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by uboma(m): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2019
Comanche:

The heat is actually on the rise.

If you can afford it, get a small generator to power your fan all through the night,

Or get an inverter.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by AyarmBoye(m): 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
Inverter or get a century.... It lasts
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by farady(m): 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
Between the two, the OX fan is more rugged. However for the sake of heat...hmmm, I won't still advice you go for the lontor, cause the batteries can't power more than 3-4 hours. So what happens when it goes of in the middle of the night?

You can get a small inverter to power ur OX fan at night. Make sure ur window nets are in top shape, so you can leave it curtains open at night. Don't buy or use Gen at night. It's a safety risk.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by uboma(m): 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
@farady, how is using the generator at night a safety risk? Please clarify
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by sisisioge: 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
OX fans all the way.

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Sweetchilli(f): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
I have 2 OX rechargeable fans. One of them doesn't last up to an hour after power outage. The second one lasts about 5-6 hours on medium speed. Both are about 6 months old.
If you are lucky to get the one with a good battery, it should last you well.

I still don't believe the OX product is Originally made by OX. I think it's just a name put on the fan to convince people to buy as it is even cheaper than the non rechargeable OX.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by AyarmBoye(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sweetchilli:
I have 2 OX rechargeable fans. One of them doesn't last up to an hour after power outage. The second one lasts about 5-6 hours on medium speed. Both are about 6 months old.

I still don't believe the OX product is Originally made by OX. I think it's just a name put on the fan to convince people to buy as it is even cheaper than the non rechargeable OX.
sell d one way no dey last for me nah.....
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by uboma(m): 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sweetchilli:

The real OX fans are industrial fans. None of them carries a rechargeable battery. Like you pointed out, the OX rechargeable fans may be from the same manufacturers of the OX industrial fans
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by mzhazel(f): 8:42am On Nov 17, 2019
Go for Andrakk rechargeable fan. Its a little bit on the pricey side, but I guarantee that you'll get your money's worth. Their batteries last up from 6 to 9 hours and they have a service center you can always go when your fan is faulty. I've had mine for 3 years and it's still serving me well. You can get it on jumia or at any spar, game outlet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by ambient: 8:51am On Nov 17, 2019
mzhazel:
Go for Andrakk rechargeable fan. Its a little bit on the pricey side, but I guarantee that you'll get your money's worth. Their batteries last up from 6 to 9 hours and they have a service center you can always go when your fan is faulty. I've had mine for 3 years and it's still serving me well. You can get it on jumia or at any spar, game outlet.
Pls where is their services center located i need new batteries for my fan

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by laivwire(m): 11:45am On Nov 17, 2019
uboma:
@farady, how is using the generator at night a safety risk? Please clarify
The noise obstructs security personnel from hearing ongoing robberies or shouts for alarm especially at night.

My estate for example doesn't allow Generators beyond 12 midnight.

13 Likes

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by uboma(m): 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
laivwire:

The noise obstructs security personnel from hearing ongoing robberies or shouts for alarm especially at night.

My estate for example doesn't allow Generators beyond 12 midnight.

I cannot afford not to run the gen at night whenever I am at home especially when the weather is hot.

Irrespective of whether the gen is on or not, the men of the underworld will visit if they want to....

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
If you can afford Qasa rechargeable fan just go for it and forget about heat.

18" in particular

5 Likes

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by nwakaibe(m): 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Lontor is good if you get the original ones. I have two and they all through the night when fully charged.

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by mzhazel(f): 9:46am On Nov 18, 2019
ambient:

Pls where is their services center located i need new batteries for my fan
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by mzhazel(f): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2019
Comanche:

If you haven't yet gotten a fan, another reason you should consider Andrakk is that they also sell solar panels. You can just place it permanently by your window or wherever you think it'll get adequate sunlight and it'll charge your fan all day.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by uboma(m): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2019
mzhazel:

If you haven't yet gotten a fan, another reason you should consider Andrakk is that they also sell solar panels. You can just place it permanently by your window or wherever you think it'll get adequate sunlight and it'll charge your fan all day.

If the fan comes with solar panel, it is a better alternative.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
OX always. Always OX.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by sleit: 10:24am On Nov 27, 2019
Sweetchilli:

Hi, I recently got this OX rechargeable fan. It lasts through the night for about 8 hours on medium speed also.

But I don't know how to know when it is fully charged. Please how can you tell? Then is it okay for me to use it while charging?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Sweetchilli(f): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2019
When it is fully charged, the charging light on the right turns green. Yes you can use it while charging. It draws power from electricity and not the battery if you use it while charging.

sleit:

Hi, I recently got this OX rechargeable fan. It lasts through the night for about 8 hours on medium speed also.

But I don't know how to know when it is fully charged. Please how can you tell? Then is it okay for me to use it while charging?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by sleit: 11:00am On Nov 27, 2019
Sweetchilli:
When it is fully charged, the charging light on the right turns green. Yes you can use it while charging. It draws power from electricity and not the battery if you use it while charging.

Thanks! smiley
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by platinumventure: 11:56am On Nov 27, 2019
Ox is way rugged
Meanwhile 6 seater parlour sofa
Location...Lagos
Price#250k...non negotiable
Quote me with your WhatsApp if intrested

Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Phellyx001: 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
sleit:

Thanks in advance.

My ox fan doesn't last more Dan 7 and Half hours on lowest speed after fully charged and its less Dan a month old. Does it mean my battery is bad or the ox fan is fake. Coz urs last up to 8hours on medium speed. Its 15hours DAT was written on the carton for lowest speed, and 9hours for medium. I really need to know if I should go and complain to the seller.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Phellyx001: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
Sweetchilli:

My 18" ox fan doesn't last more Dan 7 and Half hours on lowest speed after fully charged and its less Dan a month old. Does it mean my battery is bad or the ox fan is fake. Its 15hours DAT was written on the carton for lowest speed, and 9hours for medium. I really need to know if I should go and complain to the seller.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by sleit: 6:52am On Apr 17, 2020
Phellyx001:

My ox fan doesn't last more Dan 7 and Half hours on lowest speed after fully charged and its less Dan a month old. Does it mean my battery is bad or the ox fan is fake. Coz urs last up to 8hours on medium speed. Its 15hours DAT was written on the carton for lowest speed, and 9hours for medium. I really need to know if I should go and complain to the seller.

Hi, are you sure you do get it charged for as long as possible? Because I've noticed that even when the fan goes on the green mode when charging doesn't mean it has fully charged.....The more I charge even when on the green mode the longer it lasts... So when it is only on the green mode and I unplug it, it doesn't last for so so long..
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Phellyx001: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Really? I will need to try that then. I usually unplug it as soon as it turns green.
I am also thinking maybe d battery is not lasting because I didn't charge it well enough when I bought it coz d seller advised me to charge it for 24hours before my first use bt all I could get was 18hours of uninterrupted charging before the first use.
sleit:

Hi, are you sure you do get it charged for as long as possible? Because I've noticed that even when the fan goes on the green mode when charging doesn't mean it has fully charged.....The more I charge even when on the green mode the longer it lasts... So when it is only on the green mode and I unplug it, it doesn't last for so so long..
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Homeyfav: 11:52am On Sep 20, 2020
;',l
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 15, 2021
Hello, i want to get the ox fan from jumia, is it still a good recommendation?
sleit:

Thanks in advance.
Re: Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. by Hayastark: 11:31am On Dec 15, 2021
Comanche:
I am about buying a rechargeable fan, and I have the options of OX and Lontor.

From your experience which has a better battery life?

Or if you own either how long does it hold a charge for?

Thank You.

The issue with rechargeable fan battery is not the make. The batteries are almost same, what I do is I changd the battery at least once yearly. With 4k you can buy a new battery.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. / "God, Bless My Mother With Another Baby" - 5-year-old Boy's Heartwarming Prayers / If Your Spouse Came Home Drunk: Your Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.