Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. (69105 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by horpigee1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
Emecunze:
Please, how do I remove lamination from a certificate without destroying it?. Thanks
don't try to remove it

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by udemzyudex(m): 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Irrelevant facts I've forgotten are more than what you can ever know.

Crap as usual.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Hotfreezer: 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
udemzyudex:

Crap as usual.

Your knowledge is limited, so is your understanding.

Go hawk some flash drive or desktop mouse and stop typing nonsense here.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by udemzyudex(m): 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Your knowledge is limited, so is your understanding.

Go hawk some flash drive or desktop mouse and stop typing nonsense here.

Lol typical mumu, I wasn't expecting anything less. grin
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by tafat: 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
All is well
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Cybobo: 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
Why are they still in old age. They can easily verify ur certificate. I even wonder the kind of job workforce offer. Job of 59k 40k and 70k highest if possible.
I weep for my Country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Martinez39(m): 10:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
Lol. He didn't want to employ you, period. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Hotfreezer: 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
udemzyudex:

Lol typical mumu, I wasn't expecting anything less. grin

You don't have certificates to laminate. You are a Computer Village tout, hawking stolen laptops.

This thread is not for you.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by odinga1of: 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bigbright7:
Greetings to you my fellow nairalanders,

My heart is filled with tears as I type this because today, the devil used Mr Joel in the recruit department of workforce group to be the stumbling blocks to my breakthrough.

I went for an interview with workforce group gbagada, and during my credentials check, Mr Joel accused me of tampering with my D.O.B on my Waec certificate just because it was laminated and the ink looks faint. Mind you the D.O.B on my O'Level corresponded with my ID card and my birth certificate.

I tried to prove my innocence, but rather he chased me away from his desk, and that was how I lost the job as I wasn't interviewed. I almost cried right in front of everyone there, because I have been searching for a job for months now and this happened.

I don't know who needs to hear this but please, do not laminate your credentials, so that you can be able to defend the authenticity of it when your recruiters touch them.

A young man in the name of Ayo who also works in that department saw how downcast I was and walk up to me and encouraged me not to be troubled, that something big will come my way. Thank you Ayo for your word of encouragement. God bless you, I believe something big will come, and when it does I'll share the news.

Thank you too Mr Joel, you were only doing your job. Cheers �

Please move to front page.

Oga Mr. Joel is a mad man!!! Date of Birth has nothing nto do with competence.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by horpigee1(m): 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
seanwilliam:
baba what of if one wants to study abroad, is neco result internationally recognized?
neco is meant for Nigeria only......you can only use neco result to gain admission or study in all Nigeria institutions.....while waec result can be used in all west African countries..... waec is for west African countries.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Godhatesodomy: 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
Wow
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by BravoDe: 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
Skyfornia:

My brother everything is wrong o...you can't use a laminated document for visa processing. They will just render it invalid.

Bro, can I "un-laminate" a certificate?
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by udemzyudex(m): 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hotfreezer:

You don't have certificates to laminate. You are a Computer Village tout, hawking stolen laptops.

This thread is not for you.

grin grin grin. You will just die for nothing bro. Stop acting like a sissy. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by DEGABA(m): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
This op behaves childishly.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by BravoDe: 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
Emecunze:
Please, how do I remove lamination from a certificate without destroying it?. Thanks
I also need an answer, pls mention when u get a valid answer PLS.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by smile11s(m): 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
Larryfest:
Mr Joel the stumbling block.......guy cheer up when there is life there's hope.

It should be the other way around - when there is hope there is life.

@op
There’s a reason for everything. Maybe you should request that your school send you another original.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by golddare: 10:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
Few years to come you will be thanking God for not getting the job. Dont be fixated.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by budaatum: 10:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
fk001:
Pls I need answers.

I have never use my waec certificate because I have 2 deficiencies on it, so I have been using my NECO from different seating all this while.

NB

The Neco that I am using, I reseated it the following year after my secondary school graduation in an entirely different school. I didn't even bother to collect my WAEC original certificate from the school I graduated from.

Should I be worried?

Would they require my WAEC certificate even with the deficiency in the future?

I need answers pls
Don't collect certificate only if you failed and don't want it known.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Upton: 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
LongThickPenis:

There is nothing wrong with laminating certificate. The issue is it must be done well. a functional machine that heats well and ensure all edges are sealed and air tight. My certificate has been laminated since 1997 and in good, clear condition. Also keep it in a dry place
There is everything wrong with laminating certificates, it automatically questions the integrity of the said document

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Upton: 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
[left][/left]
odinga1of:

Oga Mr. Joel is a mad man!!! Date of Birth has nothing nto do with competence.
If it was actually changed. It is a red flag. It means the person is insincere, fraudulent and can't be trusted.

However, in this case, OP was just unfortunate, he didn't change the year of birth but it would have been difficult to prove that he didn't.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by biodunpro(m): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bigbright7:

My heart is filled with tears as I type this because today, the devil used Mr Joel in the recruit department of workforce group to be the stumbling blocks to my breakthrough.

I went for an interview with workforce group gbagada, and during my credentials check, Mr Joel accused me of tampering with my D.O.B on my Waec certificate just because it was laminated and the ink looks faint. Mind you the D.O.B on my O'Level corresponded with my ID card and my birth certificate.

I tried to prove my innocence, but rather he chased me away from his desk, and that was how I lost the job as I wasn't interviewed. I almost cried right in front of everyone there, because I have been searching for a job for months now and this happened.

I don't know who needs to hear this but please, do not laminate your credentials, so that you can be able to defend the authenticity of it when your recruiters touch them.

A young man in the name of Ayo who also works in that department saw how downcast I was and walk up to me and encouraged me not to be troubled, that something big will come my way. Thank you Ayo for your word of encouragement. God bless you, I believe something big will come, and when it does I'll share the news.

i saw you today,stop misleading people,you were not able to defend yourself,you had two different DOB,the one on your waec was different from one on your other documents

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by madgoat(m): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bigbright7:

He was not just doing his job, he was being over zealous as is typical with Nigerians.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Iko5000: 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
Yep very true
[ quote author=Dee60 post=84063859]Laminated certificates are not accepted in some countries and in some embassies.

Google it.

Do not laminate certificates. [/quote]
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by madgoat(m): 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
LongThickPenis:

There is nothing wrong with laminating certificate. The issue is it must be done well. a functional machine that heats well and ensure all edges are sealed and air tight. My certificate has been laminated since 1997 and in good, clear condition. Also keep it in a dry place

And u are still without a job roaming the streets as an unemployed youth grin
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Neyoohpompy(m): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
Then you will lose at both end
BravoDe:

Bro, can I "un-laminate" a certificate?
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
Op Didn't loose Any job, because you never got the Job.

Perhaps you are not Qualified for the Job.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Burgerlomo: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bigbright7:

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by BravoDe: 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
Neyoohpompy:
Then you will at both end
Can u explain better?
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by MrCaesar: 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
What will they do with original? If they can't manage photocopy, they should go to hell
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by BravoDe: 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
biodunpro:
i saw you today,stop misleading people,you were not able to defend yourself,you had two different DOB,the one on your waec was different from one on your other documents
Gbam, oja ti burst

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Afiahomes(m): 11:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
biodunpro:
workforce crew grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by airsaylongcon: 11:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
Joel is a phool! Waec certificate that can easily be verified online for only 1k. Hediot somebody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Total International Master’s Degree Scholarship 2019/2020 - FRANCE / NB Nigeria Breweries Finally Calls Through Workforce / More Nigerians Applying For FRSC 2018 Recruitment Than Previous Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.