Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. (69093 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Ajibade123(m): 2:57am On Nov 16, 2019
bro what if you did the interview and wasn't still employed what difference will it make??

see 9 to 5 job alternatives you have always wanted
https://explicitsuccess.com/9-to-5-job-alternatives/
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Lighthouseman: 3:17am On Nov 16, 2019
You don't need a certificate to be president of Nigeria. Just go school which you've done
fk001:
Pls I need answers.

I have never use my waec certificate because I have 2 deficiencies on it, so I have been using my NECO from different seating all this while.

NB

The Neco that I am using, I reseated it the following year after my secondary school graduation in an entirely different school. I didn't even bother to collect my WAEC original certificate from the school I graduated from.

Should I be worried?

Would they require my WAEC certificate even with the deficiency in the future?

I need answers pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by fifty234: 3:20am On Nov 16, 2019
Skyfornia:

My brother everything is wrong o...you can't use a laminated document for visa processing. They will just render it invalid.

This is not true. I used my laminated credentials to get visa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 16, 2019
Bigbright7:
Greetings to you my fellow nairalanders,

My heart is filled with tears as I type this because today, the devil used Mr Joel in the recruit department of workforce group to be the stumbling blocks to my breakthrough.

I went for an interview with workforce group gbagada, and during my credentials check, Mr Joel accused me of tampering with my D.O.B on my Waec certificate just because it was laminated and the ink looks faint. Mind you the D.O.B on my O'Level corresponded with my ID card and my birth certificate.

I tried to prove my innocence, but rather he chased me away from his desk, and that was how I lost the job as I wasn't interviewed. I almost cried right in front of everyone there, because I have been searching for a job for months now and this happened.

I don't know who needs to hear this but please, do not laminate your credentials, so that you can be able to defend the authenticity of it when your recruiters touch them.

A young man in the name of Ayo who also works in that department saw how downcast I was and walk up to me and encouraged me not to be troubled, that something big will come my way. Thank you Ayo for your word of encouragement. God bless you, I believe something big will come, and when it does I'll share the news.

Thank you too Mr Joel, you were only doing your job. Cheers �

Please move to front page.
Don't worry. This not the end. More opportunities will come, I believe.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by ikwedim(m): 4:00am On Nov 16, 2019
From what you said, it means you didn't pray hard before going. Be spiritual alert for such people. Sometimes village people worked through them but they won't know
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Israeludoudo(m): 4:23am On Nov 16, 2019
That one na village people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by ikhalyfah(m): 5:28am On Nov 16, 2019
Bigbright7:

My heart is filled with tears as I type this because today, the devil used Mr Joel in the recruit department of workforce group to be the stumbling blocks to my breakthrough.

I went for an interview with workforce group gbagada, and during my credentials check, Mr Joel accused me of tampering with my D.O.B on my Waec certificate just because it was laminated and the ink looks faint. Mind you the D.O.B on my O'Level corresponded with my ID card and my birth certificate.

I tried to prove my innocence, but rather he chased me away from his desk, and that was how I lost the job as I wasn't interviewed. I almost cried right in front of everyone there, because I have been searching for a job for months now and this happened.

I don't know who needs to hear this but please, do not laminate your credentials, so that you can be able to defend the authenticity of it when your recruiters touch them.

A young man in the name of Ayo who also works in that department saw how downcast I was and walk up to me and encouraged me not to be troubled, that something big will come my way. Thank you Ayo for your word of encouragement. God bless you, I believe something big will come, and when it does I'll share the news.

Don't blame lamination, the guy never wanted to give you d job.

Don't worry, God has better plans for you
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by wany(f): 5:39am On Nov 16, 2019
LongThickPenis:

There is nothing wrong with laminating certificate. The issue is it must be done well. a functional machine that heats well and ensure all edges are sealed and air tight. My certificate has been laminated since 1997 and in good, clear condition. Also keep it in a dry place

You had your certificate 1997,hmmmm you must be a guy in your fortis with a family I presume.may be with a kid 10 and above with such username.its well undecided

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by 1Sharon(f): 5:48am On Nov 16, 2019
grin grin
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by fineyemi(m): 5:48am On Nov 16, 2019
kentoski:

Hmmm, are you sure about this? While it's not advisable to laminate certificates (Laminating one's certificate can make it impossible to be verified under UV light for example), but I don't think any right thinking person will totally void the certificate altogether.

I laminated my O'levels then out of euphoria (I was younger), no one has ever complained about them up till now...but my bachelor's and postgrads I did not laminate.
Am surprise too boss. since 2008, I laminated my O'level and ND result. but since I graduated from the university. I never laminated my bsc certificate. Am just hearing this for the first time
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by baratech: 5:57am On Nov 16, 2019
The job is not for you
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by toprealman: 6:05am On Nov 16, 2019
merci01:
Don’t blame your self for laminating your
Certificate, cos people still get employed with
Laminated certs, may be God has another plan
For you truly
People get employed even WITHOUT certificates.......talking about jobs were you see "free" better money sef on a weekly basis!
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Dewisedick: 6:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Show picture
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Mac2016(m): 6:23am On Nov 16, 2019
We all have had one disappointment stories. First interview at Marwa, Lekki, I came from Kebbi state for this interview. I had to beg the security man to have my bath in his guard post convenience. I did quickly and changed my dress. I did the first few stages of the interview.
Can't remember if these events are related.
I was called for other stages, wrote a comprehensive and impressive essay on how to resolve traffic situations in lagos, my civil engineering experience helped.
I was called by preference in to meet one on one with a senior man in an exquisite office that gave him away as an executive.
The man was so serious reading my essay and nodding, I was near his desk without him looking up yet to see who had just gained entrance into his space. I saw the score on my essay sheet almost 100 percent (can't remember vividly). I was asked to sit, I did. Then the man looked up.
I was wearing this shirt, my only then, squeezed due to non-availability of electric power in ibadan where I came from for an interview I got notice of which hours.
The man was only focused on my appearance, asking why so rough. I explained but he wasn't convinced.
That's how I left his presence after he was done. I knew fully well he might not call and he never did. I was pained but more shocked how an executive could not see beyond a one-off stuff that made me appear rough.
It was a miracle later. I cried over losing a real estate/construction site Engineer position only to get into O&G 6 years counting.
Same experience with Lafayette MfB at Dugbe, I was the best in my group, the group's cheerleader. At last stage after like 3 or 4 rigorous stages including exams (even checking international passport as id), I saw my name ticked for loan officer position then when I was asked about pay I quoted 120k not knowing MfB no be normal commercial bank that pays high. I was asked if I could go lower. I said yes but the least 70k. Then another question, what if less then I was using chivalrous faith I responded if lower don't call me. Me that then my salary was 25k. Just didnt want to appear desperate couple with the belief that as the bank premise fine plus all the rigorous tests.

Then no call me kankan. I sent mails after mails. My Co interview candidate based on my interview performance believed say e sure for me die
When they resumed they called me to as where I was posted not knowing I didn't make it thru. It was later I heard the pay for my position was far lower than what I quoted. They are paid 35k to 45k and I wanted 120k. Lol grin

6 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by AirFireEarthH20: 6:40am On Nov 16, 2019
toprealman:
People get employed even WITHOUT certificates.......talking about jobs were you see "free" better money sef on a weekly basis!

Sir, link me up with this kind of job please. I may not be interested in 'free' money, the monthly one would be ok for me. One more thing, I have certificate. Thank you Sir!

God, life is so unfair...kinda beginning to see reasons why people commit suicide

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by ibechris(m): 6:42am On Nov 16, 2019
fk001:
Pls I need answers.

I have never use my waec certificate because I have 2 deficiencies on it, so I have been using my NECO from different seating all this while.

NB

The Neco that I am using, I reseated it the following year after my secondary school graduation in an entirely different school. I didn't even bother to collect my WAEC original certificate from the school I graduated from.

Should I be worried?

I need answers pls

U don't have to bother.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by yungryce: 6:42am On Nov 16, 2019
Bigbright7:

buy the waec scratch card and reprint your result while you can take the original to Ogba waec office and replace it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by TGM2015: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2019
seanwilliam:
baba what of if one wants to study abroad, is neco result internationally recognized?
Yes, it is now internationally recognised. I have people who have use it for Bachelor and Master degree.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by mexbee1(m): 6:45am On Nov 16, 2019
Bigbright7:

Yes its advisable not to laminate ur original certificate incase of authentication from the interviewers end. if u feel u wnt to protect them u could put d document inside the lamination paper nd then stapple them dont mk it pass tru d lamination. Machine
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by luluosas(m): 6:47am On Nov 16, 2019
I don't think laminating your certs is the reason for not being interviewed. By the way, who told you that all interviews amount to getting a job? Better days ahead. Don't just sit there and continue lamenting over nothing. Take heart, you shall smile soon. Cheers
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by otunbadan(m): 6:47am On Nov 16, 2019
Me. Joel was just looking for ways to screen you out

Bigbright7:

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by juman(m): 6:48am On Nov 16, 2019
He just used the DOB controversy to dispatch you.
He had another candidate for the job.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by LOGOBELT: 6:49am On Nov 16, 2019
Lolz

Meanwhile, HP Wireless 2630 4-in-1 Printer is available for sales @ 10k, working perfectly, check my signature for contact.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by akanbiaa(m): 6:50am On Nov 16, 2019
merci01:
Don’t blame your self for laminating your
Certificate, cos people still get employed with
Laminated certs, may be God has another plan
For you truly
Exactly even Shell and Chevron accept laminated certificates and NECO results. It's not just your luck to get the job and the Mr Joel was trying to screen down as many people as possible to allow either his candidates pass through or those who merit it most pass through.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 16, 2019
There's a way I did mine...

Only the edges so u can remove it after if u want to..
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by ibechris(m): 6:53am On Nov 16, 2019
horpigee1:
neco is meant for Nigeria only......you can only use neco result to gain admission or study in all Nigeria institutions.....while waec result can be used in all west African countries..... waec is for west African countries.

Neco is acceptable all the world including WAEC...so let us not deceives people. I know someone who got admission to study in Canada with his NECO results. There is simply no barrier,just that we Nigerians claims to know more than everyone.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by simplelad(m): 6:58am On Nov 16, 2019
There is difference between both. NECO is only accepted here in Nigeria while WAEC can be used both local and international for admission processing.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by CrownPrincehawk(m): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2019
fk001:
Pls I need answers.

NB

Should I be worried?

I need answers pls

The result you presented is what you have , no one will ask you for any other thing. It's advisable to go for the original certificate of the waec results because it might be useful in future.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 16, 2019
Nicklaus619:
You don't have any cause to regret bro, laminating your result don't have anything to do with them not interviewing you, I had an experience similar,
17th may, 2012 is one date I will note forget in a hurry, I was scheduled for an interview with one of these new generation banks, after passing the vigorous oral interview, I got an email congratulating and the job offer, I was over joyed, I brought out my only suit, ironed it and nod my tie to report to my first day at work, I got to the bank and they told me that the manager was already asking after me, I rushed to his office and the man told me this "Mr. Nick I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your position is currently occupied by one of the main ogas kid"" I was devastated i never knew when hot tears started rolling down my cheeks, and then a woman in her 50's approached me, consoled me after I have told her the story, she collected my cv and promised to call, long story shot, the woman was a SA to one state governor state withheld and I was offered a federal government appointment... This is gonna be your story too If u got faith cool
Wow! wonderful God
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by akanbiaa(m): 7:14am On Nov 16, 2019
simplelad:
There is difference between both. NECO is only accepted here in Nigeria while WAEC can be used both local and international for admission processing.
My friend did his masters with NECO certificate in United Kingdom and currently doing his PHd in United States of America.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by realmindz: 7:15am On Nov 16, 2019
Nicklaus619:
You don't have any cause to regret bro, laminating your result don't have anything to do with them not interviewing you, I had an experience similar,
17th may, 2012 is one date I will note forget in a hurry, I was scheduled for an interview with one of these new generation banks, after passing the vigorous oral interview, I got an email congratulating and the job offer, I was over joyed, I brought out my only suit, ironed it and nod my tie to report to my first day at work, I got to the bank and they told me that the manager was already asking after me, I rushed to his office and the man told me this "Mr. Nick I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your position is currently occupied by one of the main ogas kid"" I was devastated i never knew when hot tears started rolling down my cheeks, and then a woman in her 50's approached me, consoled me after I have told her the story, she collected my cv and promised to call, long story shot, the woman was a SA to one state governor state withheld and I was offered a federal government appointment... This is gonna be your story too If u got faith cool

It's your story though, but my instinct tells me this story isn't true!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Total International Master’s Degree Scholarship 2019/2020 - FRANCE / A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / NB Nigeria Breweries Finally Calls Through Workforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.