Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin (10274 Views)

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha / The Once Saved Always Saved Gospel Is Really A Dangerous One / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Jesus replied,
"Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
- John 3:3

Harshirama, since we seem to have switched from real and unreal believer(s) to now "born again", please tell, that is, I mean, factually speaking, what, according to Jesus and is in the Bible speaking, is and/or was Nicodemus born again to your understanding of reading that John 3:2-3?

Harshirama, also what was the comment made by Nicodemus, as in, what was his intro question and the reason, he gave, for coming up to the clandestine meeting in the dead of the night or wee hours of the morning, he had with Jesus?. Lastly, why is Jesus saying "truly truly I tell you" and talking about "no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" to Nicodemus' John 3:2 blunt and opening remark, huh? I am sure, you're aware, that Jesus, always does this, He responds to what lies at the heart of something or somebody. Jesus in John 3:3, responded to what was in the heart of nicodemus by telling Nicodemus that no one can see and confirm all that Nicodemus has said about Him and say that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus except that person is born again. Isnt that so? Isnt that the words of Jesus and/or what He said about "born again", the phrase originally known as born from above or born from on high?

In fact, scoffers, mockers, cynics, pagans etcetera dont, never see and never will see anything good about the kingdom and that's because they are not born again, they are not born from above, and so are not spiritually rebirthed. It's more the reason, we have atheists, it is because regeneration has not taken place in them and this why they rubbish and/or never want to acknowledge any demonstrations or power of the kingdom of God. They dont believe who Jesus is, that He is God and that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus
Though, Nicodemus believed in Jesus, he wasn't born again yet as the work of salvation wasn't complete. The Bible says Jesus was the firstborn of the dead(not physically, but spiritually) meaning he died both physically and spiritually but God raised him up
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 8:12am On Nov 19, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Jesus replied,
"Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
- John 3:3

Harshirama, since we seem to have switched from real and unreal believer(s) to now "born again", please tell, that is, I mean, factually speaking, what, according to Jesus and is in the Bible speaking, is and/or was Nicodemus born again to your understanding of reading that John 3:2-3?

Harshirama, also what was the comment made by Nicodemus, as in, what was his intro question and the reason, he gave, for coming up to the clandestine meeting in the dead of the night or wee hours of the morning, he had with Jesus?. Lastly, why is Jesus saying "truly truly I tell you" and talking about "no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" to Nicodemus' John 3:2 blunt and opening remark, huh? I am sure, you're aware, that Jesus, always does this, He responds to what lies at the heart of something or somebody. Jesus in John 3:3, responded to what was in the heart of nicodemus by telling Nicodemus that no one can see and confirm all that Nicodemus has said about Him and say that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus except that person is born again. Isnt that so? Isnt that the words of Jesus and/or what He said about "born again", the phrase originally known as born from above or born from on high?

In fact, scoffers, mockers, cynics, pagans etcetera dont, never see and never will see anything good about the kingdom and that's because they are not born again, they are not born from above, and so are not spiritually rebirthed. It's more the reason, we have atheists, it is because regeneration has not taken place in them and this why they rubbish and/or never want to acknowledge any demonstrations or power of the kingdom of God. They dont believe who Jesus is, that He is God and that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus

Compare that verse to this

Now when they heard this, they were acutely distressed and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “What should we do, brothers?” Peter said to them, “Repent, and each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
So those who accepted his message were baptized, and that day about three thousand people were added.
Acts 2:37-38, 41
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by MuttleyLaff: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2019
Harshirama:
Compare that verse to this

Now when they heard this, they were acutely distressed and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “What should we do, brothers?” Peter said to them, “Repent, and each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
So those who accepted his message were baptized, and that day about three thousand people were added.
Acts 2:37-38, 41
We have moved from switching from real and unreal believer(s) to "born again" to now baptism of the Holy Spirit, abi? Make up your mind, which of the three, lol.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
We have moved from switching from real and unreal believer(s) to "born again" to now baptism of the Holy Spirit, abi? Make up your mind, which of the three, lol.

Read to understand. It was stated here they believed the gospel and were baptized in the holy ghost. It wasn't recorded that Nicodemus became born again when he came to Jesus. Besides, what's your intention exactly?
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
Salvation and to be bornagain are one and the same. If you are not born from above or born again you are not saved.
The is eternal security in Christ, this means that when you are saved Christ will keep you till the end.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Mftivi: 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
smartkester:
Mr man if you understood what i wrote their you won't spew what you wrote, no one is talking about being perfect here but from what most of you are writing here it's clear you all are twisting the true gospel. No matter how you paint it God wants us to live a holy life, we can't claim to be saved and still wallow in abject sins without remorse, let's stop frustrating the grace of God in our lives. So, because we can't be justified by our own works we should keep sinning??, Godforbid
So because Jesus has paid for our sins on the cross we should keep sinning??, Godforbid

No one is claiming to have attained the height of perfection but we must strive to flee from anything that would hinder us from getting into eternal glory (sin). The one and only true Gospel is JESUS CHRIST and he wants us to emulate the way he lived here on earth before ascending to the father.

As Apostle Paul said " work out your own salvation with fear and trembling ", let's stop hinding under the mantra of "Grace and Christ paid it all" to keep sinning.

The bible clearly stated "God will judge each and everyone of us by our works be it good or bad"
Oga if by your works after believing you goto heaven that means Salvation is not a gift anymore. You don't contribute anything to your salvation, you contribute nothing sir! Living in sin as child of God can abort God's purpose for you and even cause premature death. The spirit of a believer that is born of the spirit of God does not go-to hell disagreeing to that is a blasphemy sir.
Why did Paul say that the man sleeping with his father's wife should be given to devil for destruction of the flesh so that his soul will be saved ?
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by chigbo25: 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Can you please just keep quite? Paul said nothing can separate is from the love of Christ and this includes sin. Do you know that sin has power? The fact that you say sin has the power to separate is from the love of Christ shows that you agree it has power. Unfortunately for you, Paul stated that no power can separate us from the love of Christ. No thing present or to come can separate us from the love of Christ.

Romans 8:35-39 King James Version (KJV)
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The rest of what you typed are just junked muddled up.

Haha I see u are bitter. I will suggest u read the life of the early Christians, I was just like u but after reading about them, how they lived, what they believed and taught, I was shocked to realized that the place I was causing and running away from was home. Just make sure u read with clear mind and good judgemental conscience. Peace ���
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by smartkester(m): 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mftivi:
Oga if by your works after believing you goto heaven that means Salvation is not a gift anymore. You don't contribute anything to your salvation, you contribute nothing sir! Living in sin as child of God can abort God's purpose for you and even cause premature death. The spirit of a believer that is born of the spirit of God does not go-to hell disagreeing to that is a blasphemy sir.
Why did Paul say that the man sleeping with his father's wife should be given to devil for destruction of the flesh so that his soul will be saved ?
what are you insinuating please?, that we should continue sinning because we have been saved, what happened to bible passage "bring forth fruit worthy of repentance "

Apostle paul once said shall we continue sinning that grace may abound?, Godforbid. Read the first three chapters of revelation and see what the angel was telling them there, he said to the churches that he has seen their good works but they still had little lapses to correct.

We don't claim to have attained the perfection but we must try to abstain from iniquities if we're truly saved. Peace out bro

No need to quote me again
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Mftivi: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
smartkester:
what are you insinuating please?, that we should continue sinning because we have been saved, what happened to bible passage "bring forth fruit worthy of repentance "

Apostle paul once said shall we continue sinning that grace may abound?, Godforbid. Read the first three chapters of revelation and see what the angel was telling them there, he said to the churches that he has seen their good works but they still had little lapses to correct.

We don't claim to have attained the perfection but we must try to abstain from iniquities if we're truly saved. Peace out bro

No need to quote me again
if you can point where I said we should continue in sinning then you would be right. It is difficult for people who believe like you do to believe that Salvation is that easy lol and I understand, when a man realizes this trust me what he does is not sinning with reckless abandon, he starts developing genuine love for God and a his relationship with God elevates. Your revelation of Jesus Christ is still very limited.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by smartkester(m): 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mftivi:
if you can point where I said we should continue in sinning then you would be right. It is difficult for people who believe like you do to believe that Salvation is that easy lol and I understand, when a man realizes this trust me what he does is not sinning with reckless abandon, he starts developing genuine love for God and a his relationship with God elevates. Your revelation of Jesus Christ is still very limited.
do you know up till this very moment I can't deduce your entire point because it seems you're contradicting yourself... Did you read what I put up there at all??, did you try to digest those Bible passages properly??

How else should I put it to to you that 99% of so called Christians are still going back to their vomit even after proclaiming to believe in Jesus and the salvation he brought us

Don't get me wrong I clearly stated it, no one is perfect, no one is righteous but we can't continue in sin without remorse all in the name of Christ has paid it all or we've been saved.

Read revelations first 3 chapters and get it straight, those seven churches had good deeds/works but they still had lapses and this still applies to we all. Truly, God hasn't destined us for wrath but to obtain salvation through Jesus but we must try to flee from anything that would hinder us from entering eternal glory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by MuttleyLaff: 5:32am On Nov 20, 2019
Harshirama:
Read to understand.
I just wished you had taken to this your prescribed advice and self medicated

Harshirama:
It was stated here they believed the gospel and were baptized in the holy ghost. It wasn't recorded that Nicodemus became born again when he came to Jesus.
Not so fast Jose, with your jumping on to "It was stated here they believed the gospel and were baptized in the holy ghost". Do you really think that, it wasn't recorded that Nicodemus was born again when he came to Jesus? Why don't you, let us both, go slowly but surely through John 3:2-3, to carefully examine the verses together, hmmm? Are you game, are you on? Have we a deal? Let's do it, complete with regard to every detail of John 3:2-3. Not doing it superficially or partially, we can extend it contextually too, because Jesus, beyond ohn 3:2-3 actually up the ante when discussing with Nicodemus. Of course, Jesus wasnt impressed with Nicodemus and He didnt hide this fact that He wasnt, lol

Harshirama:
Besides, what's your intention exactly?
The intention exactly for you to recognise what comment did Nicodemus make, as in meaning what was Nicodemus' intro question, the wording he used and then so, the reason, he gave, for coming up to have that clandestine meeting in the dead of the night or wee hours of the morning, he had with Jesus?.

Now my dear new found friend, after you've used John 3:2 to assist you in giving your answers to my above questions, then after, please explain to the best of your understanding, why and what for, did Jesus say "truly truly I tell you" and then began saying to Nicodemus "no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" Why mentioning of "see"? How the "see" get introduced here? Is Jesus, saying, someone is seeing and/or someone can see the kingdom of God? Remember Jesus step up the gear, with moving from *seeing" to shifting to "entering"

Harshirama, did Nicodemus see anything? Was it that, Nicodemus had been hearing and/or seeing things ni? In that Jesus' John 3:3 comment, that has the first biblical mention of the term "born again," what did "born again" mean in that verse? What does "born again" signify and/or point to? What in the original text, is the original rendition of the the phrase "born again"?

Harshirama, discoveries can be made from mere asking of questions and advances, equally too, can be made from just answering such questions. I have the sense that you're spiritually mature enough, you're OK with being put under pressure, with how you're asked to give answers to probing questions, the such and/or each above, I've put to you.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
Harshirama:

What's the difference between saved and born again? Remember Jesus still had to preach the gospel to those who were dead already after he died

You obviously don't know scriptures as you claim, that's why you need to study scriptures by yourself.

Being born again was explained by Christ in John 3

Being saved in the new testament light means 1- Deliverance from the penalities of the messianic judgement.
2- Deliverance from eternal damnation.
3- Deliverance from satanic onslaught e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
A lady was a fervent member of her church choir, she got into the university and decided to get a boyfriend.

One day she went to visit her man and she lost her virginity through fornication.

On her way back home, she had a fatal accident and died and ended up in hell.

If you die with an unconfessed sin, you will end up in hell. This story I told isn't fiction. It's a revelation from God.

Let him that has ears hear what the Spirit says.

2 Likes

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by ochibuogwu5: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
Galatians 6:11-18 New Living Translation (NLT)
Paul’s Final Advice
11 Notice what large letters i use as i write these closing words in my own handwriting.

12 Those who are trying to force you to be circumcised want to look good to others. They don’t want to be persecuted for teaching that the cross of Christ alone can save. 13 And even those who advocate circumcision don’t keep the whole law themselves. They only want you to be circumcised so they can boast about it and claim you as their disciples.

14 As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross,[a] my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died. 15 It doesn’t matter whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation. 16 May God’s peace and mercy be upon all who live by this principle; they are the new people of God.[b]

17 From now on, don’t let anyone trouble me with these things. For I bear on my body the scars that show I belong to Jesus.

18 Dear brothers and sisters,[c] may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by chukwunweikeemi(m): 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
Where in Lagos can I find a church where the doctrine of 'if saved always saved is believed and preached'?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? / The Rapture : Who Will Be Caught Up With Christ At His Coming? - Olamide Obire / Will Everyone Watch Our Life History On Judgement Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.