Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo (7082 Views)

HID Awolowo Was Buried Beside Her Husband, Chief Obafemi Awolowo In Ikene (Pics) / Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 / Shocking Revelation Of What Led To The Death Of Obafemi Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by aljharem(m): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2010
matazzmagi:

They knew that their only protection against a repeat of the Jewish genocide is to have a State of their own. Today Israel is a nuclear power and only an insane person would even dream of and dare harm a Jew anywhere in the world,

When Yakubu Gowon, the perpetrator of the Igbo genocide was planning the Igbo Holocaust he and his collaborators were asking the same question: What shall we do about the Igbo problem? Igbo were everywhere, they were making money and getting rich. Hitlers solution was to exterminate the Jews. Yakubu Gowons solution was to exterminate the Igbo.

what ever u name is please just stop this ur nonsense post and let discuss like men not animals pls
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by matazzmagi(m): 11:58pm On Dec 07, 2010
alj harem,what make's you think that i talk like or act like animal, is it because am saying the truth?Or because i mention isreal, that's why nigeria never move forward they hate the truth ok i should shut up and not tell people the truth,Truth is here to stay is not going anywere in near future that's why we have history books they are here to keep the truth and it not going anywere,if i stop saying the truth abaout evil nigeria,new generations will carry it up you cant hide evil killing of innocent, hates, exploitation, all these things, 1in both the International Covenent on Civil and Political Rights and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights both reads: "All peoples have the right of Self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development." -- Ratification of United Nations Charter in 1945, placing the right of Self-determination into the framework of International Law and diplomacy,
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by DapoBear(m): 12:46am On Dec 08, 2010
The Black Scorpion:

A reincarnation of one of the Yoruba warlords of old? No one knows. . .
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by aljharem(m): 12:58am On Dec 08, 2010
pls no one should reply to this tread and let it die out

this is because, this people are trying to rewrite history
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by olafolarin(m): 2:07am On Dec 08, 2010
DapoBear:

The Black Scorpion:

A reincarnation of one of the Yoruba warlords of old? No one knows. . .

He made à remarkable Statement during the War by saying:
"When we get Close to Biafra Border, we will shoot everything Moving.
On entering Biafra Territory, we will shoot everything on sight-both moving and Not moving".
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by stranger: 3:45am On Dec 08, 2010
olafolarin:

He made à remarkable Statement during the War by saying:
"When we get Close to Biafra Border, we will shoot everything Moving.
On entering Biafra Territory, we will shoot everything on sight-both moving and Not moving".

He failed, unfortunately

If he had succeded, people like Igbobuigbo, ezeuche, environer. Akin Egba, metal gong and the likes wont be here yarning dust. It is a pity he did not take them out.
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by 9javoice1(m): 5:36am On Dec 08, 2010
Hello evryone!
    i want to contribute a little on this discussion.If you read some of my writeups you will find out that i don't keep side's.

You can't say that "one who want freedom is wrong"(biafran's) it's only people that benefit from unity will say "no" to freedom(nigeria).
i don't and can never justify january coup because it's quite bad and some politicians loose their life in it but the truth is that its never an igbo coup, if it is really igbo coup and a revenge mission as some may say for propaganda's sake"when the coup succeds igbo's would have attack hausa/fulani civilians everywhere",  i also don't justify a counter coup it's worst than the previouse because innocent civilians lost their life.

Ok look at it this way those who quikly say that igbo's started it all, think about 1945 massacre and 1953 massacre before 1966 coup. if we want to go by  the truth we know that the igbo's never fought back nor kill other tribes living in Biafra when they were massacred up north.

talking about moving forward i will tell you that the igbo's have long move forward,you can comfirm that at every street in nigeria because no igbo man wants to be beggar.
talking about your enemy giving you food during the war i can tell you its not done,your enemy can never give you food during war,but the point here is not that nigeria are giving biafrans food but they block the source of biafran incoming food.
i could have justify the nigeria gov with the reason that they are afraid of biafran rearming themself but the nigeria government made it open that the blockade  is for starvation therfore lost all my surport.

many times i try to get the reason why yoruba's and igbo's contine all this internet war and i don't even knw why. Even as yoruba's partner with the hausa/fulani during the war i still believe the war has ended and igbo's surpose to be fighting internet war agaisnt hausa/fulani not yoruba's.

The yoruba's gain from the war is position and freedom from hausa /fulani domination of their land before the war,if not for joing forces with the hausa's yoruba's can never have the gut to ask for freedom nor fight for it.

Igbos are bad because they are too competitve,arrogant and disrespectful

yoruba's are bad because they can't be trusted,backbite and too fearful

what about the hausa/fulani  why are igbo's and yoruba's fightin eachother thereby making hausa fulani look like angels here.

Hausa/fulani are bad because they are mentaly undeveloped,religiously brain washed, phisicaly brutal,uncompetitive and blood thirsty and can't survive without power.

Igbo's can work with yoruba's but can't work with hausa/fulani the same with yoruba's. i think its right time for us here in the south to join forces and have common understanding against hausa/fulani. Go to the north central you will see the hatred they have against the hausa/fulani and are even ready to partner with the south to humiliate hausa/fulani's dominance.

My dear southern nigeria lest join forces and enthrone GEJ,lets form one voice and one understanding.
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by matazzmagi(m): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2010
It is important to mention that the people of Biafra earned the respect of the world and were hailed by diverse great 20th century figures such as Jean Paul Sartre and John Lennon who returned his British Knighthood in protest against British collusion in Nigeria's genocidal war on Biafra 1967-1970. so that idiot in military uniform is nothing but a dead DENSE yoruba warlord
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by matazzmagi(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2010
"If The Lord had not been on our side. Let Israel (Biafra) say: 'if The Lord had not been on our side when men attacked us; when their anger flared against us, they would have swallowed us alive. The flood would have engulfed us. The torrent would have swept us away. Praise be to The Lord who has not let us be torn by their teeth, Our help is in the name of The Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." --------- Psalm 124
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by Chidi4u(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2012
Even before the Prof wrote we knew him.
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by 9jaIhail(m): 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2012
jason12345:

shame undecided. for what? that OUR FATHER fought a war to keep our country whole? that OUR fathers fought a war to stop the occupying of biafrans on my father's land and almost the entire southern region? that OUR father thought it was right to protect their people? undecided undecided

bruv, i have said it that the killing of igbo CIVILIANS was bad but your are just thinking about it from one point of view, why not look at it from a northern or yoruba or ss point of view undecided. when the coup gave ibos "igbos a sign of relief", don't you think it would have been veiwed as an igbo coup back then?

anyway, calm down. we have passed this, i mean 40 yrs no be small thing! can't we move on for Christ sake undecided

Listen Jason12345,When you talk about your enemy feeding you it sound strange to any intellectual. The war was between Nigerians not between cameroon and Nigeria or Ghana vs Nigeria. What Nigeria Govt fought for was to bring back it citizens who opted out.Now tell me how it was not Nigeria Govt duty to Feed Biafra civilians hence they are fighting to bring them back? if you are fighting to bring them back not letting them go that means they are still your children and it's your duty to provide for them. Another point here is Biafra was not even expecting Nigeria Govt to feed them rather they were angry that Nigeria Govt in collaboration with the UK Govt placed a blockade on them preventing aids from other countries to enter Biafra, in the bide to make the blockade effective they signed a wicked agreement with cameroon to reward them with oil rich Bakkasi peninsular, Now i want to know why anyone in his/her right sense should not blame awo after publicly saying usage of starvation is part of the war tools. My question to awo or jason12345 how can you starve the citizens you claimed you are trying to help and bring back into the country? Please jason12345 i will like you to see the point and reasons why many people bot non Nigerians believe that Biafran citizens was treated unjust due to the unholy policy of awo. Jason12345 how do you justify the act of Nigeria forces throwing bombs in Biafra markets and churches? Some times we need to keep sentiment away and face the real truth. Awo might not have the intention to wipe igbo's out as some claimed but honestly his policies then towards Biafra civilians was act of wickedness.You said they are Nigerians not Biafrans, the Nigeria slogan then was to keep Nigeria one is a task everyone need to do, how then you are throwing bombs in churches and markets whereas you knew the civilians are the ones in those markets and churches not the soldiers. Jason12345 i want to believe that after reading my post you would see reasons why many igbos believe that awo is an evil man. Pls don't come back here with some lame excuses to justify awo.

Thank you.
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by aljharem(m): 5:25am On Feb 19, 2013
Kindly read what Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu wrote about Chief Obafemi Awolowo in his book "Because I Am Involved" page 159- 160.

In political terms, he would be considered an adversary of the igbos given the intense rivalry between him and Dr Nnamdi Azikwe. As a leader of the modern cast, he has left Nigeria standards which are indelible, standards beside which future aspirants to public leadership can be eternally measured. He was firm, articulate, painstaking, and uncompromising. He was, for a long time, the only Nigerian leader who enunciated principles and played down personalities. He was a brilliant political administrator and a most erudite teacher. He not only identified himself wholly with the aspirations of the Yoruba people of Nigeria but also he was able to convince the Yoruba people of Nigeria that he and only he epitomized the highest point of their political aspirations and consciousness. He was loved, he was feared but above all he belonged to the people he professed to lead. At his death I had the singular honour of proposing for him the epitaph that has endured – ‘he was the best President that Nigeria never had’.

Many have wondered what I meant by this, but I believe the statement was clear. Nigeria would have benefited from his presidency because of his inate presidential qualities. Nigeria must continually regret that he never, for many reasons, had the opportunity to serve at the presidential level. Awo was a leader of great stature. He was a leader who was eminently successful. That he did not fulfill a presidential ambition cannot detract from his leadership, and us, poor us, who were not his people, must continue, to regret that our own leaders had not led us as he did his people or achieved for us as he did for his people.

He perceived his job as leading his people and God his soul. He did a lot for them. Whenever he saw an opportunity for his people, he went for it. He had a dream for the Yorubas and was steadfast in the pursuit of that dream. He knew where he was going and took his people with him without deceit. That is why he will remain immortal in the area of his influence.
Re: The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo by omoba4real: 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
Click below to get books authored by Chief Obafemi Awolowo
7ov.r.mailjet.com/2dPl.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition / HAPPENING NOW!!! IMF Boss, Christine Lagarde At Orji Uzor Kalu's Mansion (pics) / Graphic Pics: Boy's Hand Cut Off As He Tried Stealing Phone Through Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.