Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? (30283 Views)

Yay!!!... Today Is My Happy Day! Just Moved Into My Own Apartment / imagine having your own apartment at Abijo for as low as 18M / Opportunity To Own Apartment &Duplex In Ajah @ Urban Prime One By Abram Adesanya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Lonelypacifist6: 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
Nothing mama dash me
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
My Rent was N12,000 per year.
Salary was N18,000 as a salesboy.

The house was cheap because it was a karaboot

7 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
maynation:
Your earn is somewhat too small, you need to be mindful of your rent.
You have no business with anything other than a single room and if the single room is even expensive depending on your location, I will advise you to find a room mate.
Please, the economy is hard and you really need to minimize expenses at every available opportunity.

As per my experience, while I was in the university I stayed with a friend in my 100 level days but due to her lifestyle and the misunderstanding that played out and also for the fact that i am a very private kind of person but didn't have anything like 'privacy' I had to get another apartment and the experience was sooo awesome. A lot of freedom/satisfactions come with living alone but one needs to pay attention to the economy too.

I currently stay in an apartment that is like 3 times my basic salary and I am enjoying it, but it's easier as a lady because I have very little financial responsibility.
little financial responsibility and you still get something from Mr big god

15 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by kelvyn7: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
90k salary...150k yearly rent

5 Likes

30k. @Op don't rent a house more than 100k

3 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Obatise: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ramanto:
I'm thinking of taking the bold step of moving out of my host's place and secure my own place, but the challenge is that, I'm not earning much at the moment (around 50k) .

I will like to hear from fellow Nairalanders, share your experience please. What are the challenges and benefits that come with living alone?
PS: I'm not comfortable here.

Your basic rent should not be more than 20% of your annual salary.

my 2cent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by brownsugar23: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
SirToothBrush:
for a man, some of the challenges that comes with living alone are.
1. You get to pay your light bills, water bill health bill and security expenses yourself. Unlike when you lived with your parent and it was all free
2. If you are not married, you may end up feeding your unemployed friends who show up at to your crib to play Playstation.
3. If you are an eligible Bachelor, female folks will trove around you. (very few men knows how to handle this situation)
3. It becomes very hard to pick and hold just a single female. And it's always hard to know the genuine one.
4. The urge to start building your own house arises in the 9th month into your rent. Since your landlord had hinted you on increments in rent grin

am experiencing N0 2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Omotaday(m): 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Self-employed, monthly earnings fluctuate. It is averagely 350k(can be low as 200k or as high as 700k).

700k rent.

11 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
30k. @Op don't rent a house more than 100k
30k for a whole year
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by seankafor(m): 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chelseafan99:
I have never had a job. Got my first apartment for 380k in 2015. Second apartment 410k in 2017
I can relate bro.

When the Bill's comes popping, we pay up cool

5 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Katsuke: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
550k A Year in a 'B' Rated Estate in Lagos...
Monthly Salary and Allowance is almost a Year's rent(520k/Mnth),
2Bedroom Flat...
I'm a Bachelor though, so feeding and other expenses are easy for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by seankafor(m): 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
BloggerDonald:
2M
on god cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
30k for a whole year
The writeup stated monthly sir
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by osazsky(m): 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
philip0906:

Na so me self open mouth oh. Total yearly earnings is 600k, rent alone is 200k.

Who does that? shocked
must everybody be u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:
Back then I was earning about 80k from my regular job and about $250 from my side hustle.

The rent was 400k per year since its a serviced apartment. They take care of everything for you.

Was I able to pay the rent the next time it expired?

Yes... I knew my hustle would bloom... So it wasn't much of an issue...

The difference between my rent and my earnings now is several thousands of dollars... And I don't work full time again.

So you can calculate yours and make sure that your rent doesn't take more than 30% of your annual rent.

Bro, I just left you an email. Could you please get back to me? Thanks.
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Rextizzy: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
I don't work for anyone, this year i learnt some skills and earn more than $2k/$4k monthly on my online business, so getting a good fully furnished apartment isn't a biggie to me.

Go and hustle instead of being a slave for a moderfvcker.

13 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by pocohantas(f): 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:
Back then I was earning about 80k from my regular job and about $250 from my side hustle.

The rent was 400k per year since its a serviced apartment. They take care of everything for you.

A serviced apartment for 400k?

For a year? You have to share the location of that SERVICED apartment. The owner is far too kind.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
Factfinder1:

In what city...?? Single room of self contain and how much is your budget

Lagos-, self-con. Mainland..Ikeja, Illupeju,gbagada

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Starz825(m): 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ramanto:
I'm thinking of taking the bold step of moving out of my host's place and secure my own place, but the challenge is that, I'm not earning much at the moment (around 50k) .

I will like to hear from fellow Nairalanders, share your experience please. What are the challenges and benefits that come with living alone?
Are u sure of job security where u work....

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by osazsky(m): 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
bolu96:

What do you mean at the bolded?
utility bill ,security,waste bill taken care of by d landlord,all these are included in d rent for d year dats y its 400k per year

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by johnmartus(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2019
You get sense . This is exactly me.
SirToothBrush:
for a man, some of the challenges that comes with living alone are.
1. You get to pay your light bills, water bill health bill and security expenses yourself. Unlike when you lived with your parent and it was all free
2. If you are not married, you may end up feeding your unemployed friends who show up at to your crib to play Playstation.
3. If you are an eligible Bachelor, female folks will trove around you. (very few men knows how to handle this situation)
3. It becomes very hard to pick and hold just a single female. And it's always hard to know the genuine one.
4. The urge to start building your own house arises in the 9th month into your rent. Since your landlord had hinted you on increments in rent grin
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Prinxx(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2019
40k in 2013

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by osazsky(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2019
Starz825:

Are u sure of job security where u work....
my bro no job is secured,had a friend that lost his job as a federal staff cuz of some misunderstanding anything can happen even life itself is not secured,na baba God get power

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
The writeup stated monthly sir
I thought the 30k was your yearly rent. My salary was ₦0 when I left home . I got my first apartment immediately after school from savings. I never returned home

10 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Rextizzy: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Was I able to pay the rent the next time it expired?

Yes... I knew my hustle would bloom... So it wasn't much of an issue...

The difference between my rent and my earnings now is several thousands of dollars... And I don't work full time again.

So you can calculate yours and make sure that your rent doesn't take more than 30% of your annual rent.
Where is the location? the serviced apartment I rented for a month in Lekki cost me 500k, and I just rented there for a month before I got another apartment but it isn't a serviced apartment, I did all the furnishing with my money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by johnmartus(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
It depend on your location.
Ramanto:

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Harrisee(m): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
DCmonster:
#130000 a month salary, #48000 a year One room boys quarter apartment . I had to made sure I made 1200000 that year from my salary alone and I was glad I achieved it. Still living that selectively extravagant lifestyle till date. Making millions yearly and living moderately.

How did u do it?
I make double of that monthly and do not pay House rent, but relatively saved less

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Divay22(f): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
Bonatheripper:
My Rent was N12,000 per year.
Salary was N18,000 as a salesboy.

The house was cheap because it was a karaboot
Lol. Na hole be that o grin grin
Thank God we're growing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
I thought the 30k was your yearly rent. My salary was ₦0 when I left home . I got my first apartment immediately after school from savings. I never returned home
Well, you are a man. Got my own place just last month. Officially done with mommy thank u cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by daben1(m): 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
Rextizzy:
I don't work for anyone, this year i learnt some skills and earn more than $2k/$4k monthly on my online business, so getting a good fully furnished apartment isn't a biggie to me.

Go and hustle instead of being a slave for a moderfvcker.
bro, can you put me through, please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by enawt: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
Someone analysed this for me
Human has four basic needs to satisfy
Food
Clothing
Shelter and
Family
Each accounted for, u need a quarter for each every month. In order to save, you also have to forgo/compromise one or two out of those.

So basically, if your house rent is more than 1/4th of your annual salary , you are not too wise or you know how to manage things.

So If you moving into a 150k per annum house, technically you good bruh according to me.

This is just an honest opinion

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See A Building On Fire In Ikeja Lagos / Woman Loses 5 Children In Lagos School Building Collapse / The Best POP Designs At Affordable Prices With Our Interior Decorations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.