Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,863 members, 7,956,261 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:47 AM

How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? (30616 Views)

Yay!!!... Today Is My Happy Day! Just Moved Into My Own Apartment / imagine having your own apartment at Abijo for as low as 18M / Opportunity To Own Apartment &Duplex In Ajah @ Urban Prime One By Abram Adesanya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
VersatileVee:

Abeg bro's advice me on what to do to live cus the hustle don tough oh
All this money am hearing seems like a joke to me oh
Ask the people wey dey pay rent of 700k na. Me I never begin pay rent oh grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by VersatileVee: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
Ask the people wey dey pay rent of 700k na. Me I never begin pay rent oh grin
I tire oh, if only they'll help out

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Evaz900(m): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mood11:
Well, presently my place costs about 200 Yearly.

My salary is same as yours. Though I have a side business which fetches me double of what I earn from time to time.. But I planned ahead and saved up before securing the apartment.

There's no set time for getting your own apartment. If you know you are not extravagant, you can spend on things of priority and cultivate a habit of saving. Also, look for a side hustle.

My dear fellow nairalander, please what type of side hustle are tou you into, this naija economy will make somebody to die young because of high bp, i would so much appreciate your reply. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by pocohantas(f): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Very expensive on the island. About 600k to 1 million

Honestly, you won't even get a SERVICED apartment at that cost on the Island. I put the serviced in caps because that word is very relative. If you are fuelling the gen yourself, paying some petty dues and some running around- then it is understandable. There are lots of FURNISHED shared apartments on the Island that works on that model.

I paid 280k/month for a serviced apartment on the Island. My friend said it was a very good deal, so I payed and renewed. It was just "basic". Water, 24h power, security, wifi, they clean and change my sheets...that kind thing. I just had to get home and sleep.

If someone offered you the above services at 400k. He/she is indeed blessed.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
Not really though. Every works their ass out here oh! All hands must be on deck grin
Lol. I get you. So, how much is your rent
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Lol. I get you. So, how much is your rent
I don't pay rent cheesy
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by BiafranBushBoy: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Honestly, you won't even get a SERVICED apartment at that cost on the Island. I put the serviced in caps because that word is very relative. If you are fuelling the gen yourself, paying some petty dues and somerunning around- then it is understandable. There are lots of FURNISHED shared apartments on the Island that works on that model.

I paid 280k/month for a serviced apartment on the Island. My friend said it was a very good deal, so I payed and renewed. It was just "basic". Water, 24h power, security, wifi, they clean and change my sheets...that kind thing. I just had to get home and sleep.

If someone offered you the above services at 400k. He/she is indeed blessed.

Noo... Lol...

The 400k doesn't cover all those top notched services you mentioned. Just basic ones like light, water, security, TV, Bed, AC, etc... You know those basic things right?

You cook your own food, wash you own clothes and sort your room yourself.

Cleaning is done by the janitors

Anything Island is a No No for me till I hold a political position. Lol

Those guys are money sucking monsters.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Sammy555(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2019
maynation:
Your earn is somewhat too small, you need to be mindful of your rent.
You have no business with anything other than a single room and if the single room is even expensive depending on your location, I will advise you to find a room mate.
Please, the economy is hard and you really need to minimize expenses at every available opportunity.

As per my experience, the only time i ever had a roomie was while I was in the university. And it was in my 100 level days but due to my roomie's lifestyle and the misunderstanding that played out and also for the fact that i am a very private kind of person but didn't have anything like 'privacy' I had to get another apartment and the experience was sooo awesome. A lot of freedom/satisfactions come with living alone but one needs to pay attention to the economy too.

I currently stay in an apartment that is like 3 times my basic salary and I am enjoying it, but it's easier as a lady because I have very little financial responsibility.
you dey talk too much.... You have a knack for typing lots of words without actually saying anything

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
I don't pay rent cheesy
Mama thank you... Nice!

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Mama thank you... Nice!
Na why I want come join you for your place na grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
Na why I want come join you for your place na grin
Yea ryt undecided
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Yea ryt undecided
can you feed me? grin
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Americanboy35: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mays24:

Don't mind him.
Believe everything you see on the internet at your own peril.
Lies everywhere.
No mind them jare, some people can lie sha
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Americanboy35: 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
People blow lie online o. Things are not as they say it is o. I already see some furnishing lies to get attention
I just tire maam, world people inside life grin
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by tomdon(m): 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
madone:
Move u will survive. Get a house u can manage with payment.on mainland u can still get a room self contain for total payment of 200k-250k or move to island with slight difference. U can survive. Just get the first payment. After which u can split payment into 2 or 3times a year. As for me when. Get my place 3yrars ago. M business brought in less than 30k amonth it took me time to save up . Now I am doing fine by God's grace. Am presently in a mini flat paying 200k. You can get something of such or a room self con of 100-150k ..u be good

Mainland Osun state?

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by 2rustyle: 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
DONT RENT AN APARTMENT THAT COSTS MORE THAN TWICE OF YOUR MONTHLY SALARY...…. RULE NO 33

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by pocohantas(f): 10:31pm On Nov 19, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Noo... Lol...

The 400k doesn't cover all those top notched services you mentioned. Just basic ones like light, water, security, TV, Bed, AC, etc... You know those basic things right?

You cook your own food, wash you own clothes and sort your room yourself.

Cleaning is done by the janitors

Anything Island is a No No for me till I hold a political position. Lol
Those guys are money sucking monsters.

I get it now.

Someone said people on the Island are working for landlords. Some can afford it, some struggle though. The thing be say, lots of organizations are on the Island and waking up by 4am to cross that bridge everyday, pheeew! It can reduce ones lifespan by 20yrs.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by sunmarouk(m): 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
All of you saying move out, move out, it will be a shame that after moving out, he now moved back to his parent house, cos he couldn't meet up house rent. Check your self well.

My first place my free(my dad's property), though my income was fluctuating btw 30-60k, cos I was always in and out of job every now and then.

After some years, my dad drove me out to go rent a place, with his assistance, my rent was 250k per year with about 12k monthly estate expenses, while my income was 20k. After like 6 months, I give myself brain oooo . I sublet my room for 150k, & moved into a 50k single room. I cannot come and kill myself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by concho(m): 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2019
donval2121:
I started with 50k but presently earns 70 but am still not convinced of leaving my Parents. I stay alone in one room out other our 3bedroom flats. The worst is that a good one room self con I. ENUGU goes for 250k.

Worst state for a hustler
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
pocohantas:

I get it now.

Someone said people on the Island are working for landlords. Some can afford it, some struggle though. The thing be say, lots of organizations are on the Island and waking up by 4am to cross that bridge everyday, pheeew! It can reduce ones lifespan by 20yrs.

By 20years? That's pretty stingy.

I don't give a hoot about the cash they earn, but those guys aren't living. It's a boring and monotonous job that makes you hate everything about life. You see crossing that bridge just to get to work on time and avoid getting your ass fired, that is Hell.

I was there once and I am happy I shit on their faces and left!

bullshit!
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Injiggerwolf(m): 10:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
Bbbwings:
It is like youre working with FG

Or not bro...... let's assume it's a brewing company with a known tradition and her factory ethics.... you will understand better.

Going down to 50k monthly..... hmmm... ... side hustle is where you can complement the bill deficit. Don't Forget location is another factor.

if you're a Classroom teacher, endeavour to have extra lessons-personal coaching, training them on how to read with the use of Video Content (YouTube , Wikihow etc), as these will attract parents and commit their children for such innovative piles of lessons, track records and files

if you're a contract staff in Bank..... visit youtube on how to manage people's account, advice them (~data driven analysis and the likes) sight case studies for any clients that came through you. .of course extra charges will streamline your cost expenses directly or indirect

If you're Entrepreneurs, use proactive method of marketing (price penetration technique ) to gain trust to your prospects and regular clients .... Money comes in

the list and how ..... are endless. it's just require a careful plan work and discipline

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by trendyspeed: 11:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
I need a two bedroom apartment around Iyana Ipaja.
Budget us 250-280 k PA.
Not total package ooo.
Urgently needed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Predstan: 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
M
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
Same with me.
Blitz888:

You think and execute just like me.
I have never lived in an apartment that my one month pay can't cover.

When i was earning 70k, i shared a SC with a colleague and the rent then was 110k, my share was 55k.
Later i got a job that paid 250k and moved to a 2BR of 240k- 20k/month... Got married there and moved to a bigger apartment but always ensured i kept it below or at par with my 1 month pay.
Now I and my lovely wife live in a 35k/month 3BR and as always it's far below my monthly take home.
Make i no go work all year round for landlord.

My advice to the guy is to stay put where he currently is till his take home improves considerably.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by fk001(m): 11:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
Factfinder1:

I don't know much about Lagos I could only advice about Abuja if your location was Abuja
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by encryptjay(m): 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2019
KimberlyWest:

grin Seriously. I'm just seeing 500k, 800k as someone's salary. Bachelor for that matter.

If it was self employment, I go understand. Well, they know better.
Hehehe...grin
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Mood11: 12:01am On Nov 20, 2019
Evaz900:

My dear fellow nairalander, please what type of side hustle are tou you into, this naija economy will make somebody to die young because of high bp, i would so much appreciate your reply. Thanks
Hehehe.
It's Delivery Business o.
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by blessedsam508: 12:10am On Nov 20, 2019
God please pick my call look at someone's salary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Ryocaj(m): 12:23am On Nov 20, 2019
Mood11:

Maryland sir. Self Contained with Kitchen and Toilet
Wow! For 200k.. m looking for something similar in Ikeja or Surulere
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Ryocaj(m): 12:24am On Nov 20, 2019
maynation:

grin grin cheesy grin

What do you mean by this?
Trying to please or impress who if I may ask?
D thinking is diff.. Women these days av lost their thinking ability.. m just impressed..
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by wizdomnzube(m): 12:25am On Nov 20, 2019
Rextizzy:
I don't work for anyone, this year i learnt some skills and earn more than $2k/$4k monthly on my online business, so getting a good fully furnished apartment isn't a biggie to me.

Go and hustle instead of being a slave for a moderfvcker.
Bros abeg ehn, which kind skill be that? Me will like to learn too ooh abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? / Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.