Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival (12445 Views)

Exposition On Tithes, Offering And Firstfruits By Dr Mensah Otabil / My Humble Reply To Mr Freezeā€™s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Luke 8:3
And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

Mark 15:41
(Who also, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and ministered unto him and many other women which came up with him unto Jerusalem.

Are you sure you are balance?
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by izzou(m): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2019
oldtruth:

Are you sure you are normal? So, the so called pastors are the only one to have access to the Bible? You are barred from reading the Bible? The Bible is made specially for the pastors? Who is this guy for Christ sake?

grin
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by BRATISLAVA: 9:34am On Nov 17, 2019
xpool:

Point of order! Living of the things of the temple is different from feeding from the temple.
You talk about Peter as if you knew him. Did Peter marry?
Who was his wife if yes?
How many children did peter have?
Stop formulating what you don't know, if you so love Peter, why not follow his foot steps and stick to the only one Church he helped form?
The problem with pastors is inadequate education in theology.

That aside, life Before and after the BC, and before and after the AD and now are not same.
Our ways of life have changed.
The time you was preaching about tithe should be used to preach against social vices like LGTB,,and indiscriminate proliferation of Churches.
Tithe is a dead end, it is going to die a natural death, because it was for the Levite's and the needy, not pastors.
Preach against sins, stop wasting time on irrelevant essays about Greedy pastors.
have the needy finished for all eternity that tithe paying will die?
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by realmindz: 9:46am On Nov 17, 2019
Sorry, religion itself is faulty, a total pack of nonsensical beliefs put together which should not have existed in the first place..
First category: some pastors believe deep within them they were chosen by an unseen force, (which actually is just their mind playing illusions)
Second category: These pastors know what they practice is all scam and hence use it to their full advantages..

Either way, both categories of pastors are not necessary.... All scam
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Kasalee001(m): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Nice

Today, many fools run their mouth at pastors and act as if they know the Bible in and out. Whereas, their rudeness is only inspired by an anti-church article they read online.

Imagine people saying pastors ought to go get a job and stop depending on Church money. They foolishly use Apostle Paul as an example, saying he made his income from tent making.

Was Paul a pastor? Did he pastor any Church? No, he didn't because he was an evangelist moving about preaching the gospel. Peter, James, John etc were pastors of churches. Can anyone show me where they worked? You can't find such.

Have you ever wondered why Peter was silent after Jesus saw him fishing after his resurrection in John 21? He knew he had messed up. When Peter the fisherman was called by Jesus, what did Jesus say? He said he was going make him a Fisher of men. Peter dropped his net and followed Jesus. So, Jesus was disappointed to see him return to fishing again. "Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?"

A pastor is to feed from the Church, a thing apostle Paul also approved. If a pastor gets a 9-5 job, he won't be able to have time to study the word of God which he will use to feed his flock. If the church has a serious programme coming up, he might miss it if his company decide to send him on an assignment to another city. Imagine his church is on the mainland and he works at Lekki, think of the traffic he would be facing before he gets to church for a midweek service.

Na Dem ..
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Kasalee001(m): 9:52am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are of the kind I spoke of - always rushing to slam pastors without having full knowledge of the Bible.

I showed you were Jesus was angry at Peter for going back to his profession of fishing, yet you ask this question about Peter? Peter was a Bishop of a Church and had every right to feed of the Church as stated by Paul who revealed that such was also the case in the temple.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14 (KJV)
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Just shut up and quit acting like you know. Who is encouraging laziness in the Church if not you? Your kind are the type that want to see the house of God crumble with no shepherd. You want the pastor to be somewhere else hustling while the sheep starve of the word of God.

God ordained his priests in the Old Testament to feed of the temple. Apostle Paul also confirmed that same thing applies today in the church. But you are here puffed up with your own understanding.

Now, to answer your question about Peter. Nowhere is it written that he engaged in any job after Jesus stopped him from his fishing activities. Or can you point out one job Peter did since then? No you can't. But it is written that Peter preached the gospel and pastored a church. So, clearly, Peter didn't do any job asides being a pastor, or a Fisher of men which Jesus called him to do.

I hear you , Mr. Knowledge of the Bible , king Solomon of our time ....
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Kasalee001(m): 9:55am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Are you a blind bat? I'm I the one encouraging what I said or it is Paul and Apostle of Jesus Christ that said so? Paul said pastors are to live of the gospel. You are here saying otherwise.

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

How did Aaron take care of his family? He did with what he got from what was offered in the temple. That's exactly how Peter and the Apostles were able to care for their family.

Mind you, there was a gathering called Church because the first time Peter preached, they were about a hundred. After he finished preaching, 3000 souls got added to the fold.

I think I have to stop entertaining your arrogant ignorance.

The same way herbalist feed on those goat and fowl for sacrifice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by OyinO: 9:56am On Nov 17, 2019
Dailyhappenings:
Tell that to the fake pastors who depend on tithes for their survival

Stop tithe, and church business will stop. Jesus did not preach and depend on tithes and offerings but he fed thousands. Now, even with the millions generated from tithes and offerings, the poor members get nothing! ALL PASTORS ARE FAKE AND DEPEND ON TITHES AND OTHER MONIES ILL-GOTTEN from members for survival and enjoyment. Dazol!

1 Like

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by OyinO: 9:56am On Nov 17, 2019
Bill Gates (Microsoft).. Atheist
Jeff Bozos (Amazon).. Atheist
Steve Wozniak (Apple).. Atheist
Larry Page (Google)... Buddhist
Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) Atheist
Dangote (Dangote Group) Muslim
Oprah Winfrey (TV Talkshow) Agnostic
Jack Ma (Alibaba) Deist.
None of these men/ women are Christians....
None of them pay TITHES, yet they are all billionaires. None are cursed or in poverty.
They also give back most of their wealth back to the community in form of charity.. Etc
Also they have greatly impacted the lives of humans all over the world...
And after death their legacy would continue to live on.
Oyedepo world richest pastor
Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Okotie etc.. All a rich Pastors. Whose source of wealth COMES DIRECTLY FROM TITHES AND OFFERING.
Instead of giving back, they force the poor members to continue giving money... Eg
seed of faith, testimony offering, thanksgiving offering, foundation offering, preaching offerings, tapping into the man of God anointing with a good seed offering, keying into the word of God with a good seed, provoking God's blessing with a good seed, Sunday school offering, maintenance offering, health offering, escaping death offering, building offering - All dubious ways to loot and maintain their lavish lifestyle.
Then they build schools in which the members can't attend. Funny enough it is the politicians and rich people who are not their members that attend the school. smh!

3 Likes

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Vulcanheph(m): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2019
Religion is a Scam.....especially christianity which has become a business venture in this country,

1 Like

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by OyinO: 9:59am On Nov 17, 2019
Vulcanheph:
Religion is a Scam.....especially christianity which has become a business venture in this country,
Apt! 100% on point
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by jpmoriarti(m): 9:59am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Nice

Today, many fools run their mouth at pastors and act as if they know the Bible in and out. Whereas, their rudeness is only inspired by an anti-church article they read online.

Imagine people saying pastors ought to go get a job and stop depending on Church money. They foolishly use Apostle Paul as an example, saying he made his income from tent making.

Was Paul a pastor? Did he pastor any Church? No, he didn't because he was an evangelist moving about preaching the gospel. Peter, James, John etc were pastors of churches. Can anyone show me where they worked? You can't find such.

Have you ever wondered why Peter was silent after Jesus saw him fishing after his resurrection in John 21? He knew he had messed up. When Peter the fisherman was called by Jesus, what did Jesus say? He said he was going make him a Fisher of men. Peter dropped his net and followed Jesus. So, Jesus was disappointed to see him return to fishing again. "Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?"

A pastor is to feed from the Church, a thing apostle Paul also approved. If a pastor gets a 9-5 job, he won't be able to have time to study the word of God which he will use to feed his flock. If the church has a serious programme coming up, he might miss it if his company decide to send him on an assignment to another city. Imagine his church is on the mainland and he works at Lekki, think of the traffic he would be facing before he gets to church for a midweek service.
You are certified thief!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by xpool(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
have the needy finished for all eternity that tithe paying will die?
It will die in the churches, tithing to the needy is path of humanity and will never end
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by BRATISLAVA: 10:22am On Nov 17, 2019
xpool:

It will die in the churches, tithing to the needy is path of humanity and will never end
path of humanity? And what makes you think that humanity gives a care for other humans? You underestimate the importance of tithes, something your government doesn't even do.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Vulcanheph(m): 10:23am On Nov 17, 2019
Here is another one
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Royalbloodline: 10:39am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You guys are so dumb, stupid and arrogant at it. Look at the silly question you are asking. Yet, one would think you are versed in the Bible before you made the above statement.

You want to know where Paul stated that Pastors are to feed of the church? Look below and cure your ignorance.

Aaron the High Priest was ordained by God to take his portion from every tithe and offering offered to the temple of God. Paul said above that same thing has been ordained by Jesus for such to be done in his Church.

Mind you, the Jehovah's False Witnesses don't follow the commandments of God, that's why wetin concern them with tithe and offering.

I have over months read your posts and each time I can't but wonder in silence where your salvation is really from!

My brother give your life to Christ. Cus even a pagan won't use some of the language u use.

Don't bother quoting me. I don't have time to reply u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Angelfrost(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Are you a blind bat? I'm I the one encouraging what I said or it is Paul and Apostle of Jesus Christ that said so? Paul said pastors are to live of the gospel. You are here saying otherwise.

How did Aaron take care of his family? He did with what he got from what was offered in the temple. That's exactly how Peter and the Apostles were able to care for their family.

Mind you, there was a gathering called Church because the first time Peter preached, they were about a hundred. After he finished preaching, 3000 souls got added to the fold.

I think I have to stop entertaining your arrogant ignorance.

Was the revered apostle referring strictly and solely to pastors??! Why then do we have designations like "Full time Pastors" and "Part-time Pastors", what scriptural backing brings about such??!... What about other ministers of the Gospel like instrumentalists, who remunerates them??!
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by alBHAGDADI: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2019
xpool:

Point of order! Living of the things of the temple is different from feeding from the temple.
You talk about Peter as if you knew him. Did Peter marry?
Who was his wife if yes?
How many children did peter have?
Stop formulating what you don't know, if you so love Peter, why not follow his foot steps and stick to the only one Church he helped form?
The problem with pastors is inadequate education in theology.

That aside, life Before and after the BC, and before and after the AD and now are not same.
Our ways of life have changed.
The time you waste preaching about tithe should be used to preach against social vices like LGTB,,and indiscriminate proliferation of Churches.
Tithe is a dead end, it is going to die a natural death, because it was for the Levite's and the needy, not pastors.
Preach against sins, stop wasting time on irrelevant essays about Greedy pastors.

Peter had a wife as confirmed by Apostle Paul.

1 Corinthians 9:5
Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

Moreover, part of the requirement of being a Bishop is to be married with one wife. Peter wouldn't have been a Bishop if he wasn't married.

1 Timothy 3:2(KJV)
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

You go about saying pastors lack adequate theology, yet you ask of Peter had a wife?

1 Like

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2019
ScepticalPyrrho:
I feel more pity for pastors who haven't realised that christianity is a waste of time.

I hope they discover their senses before they die of ignorance or their belief.

Most modern pastors saw the gullibility of christians and started with the pretense of being genuine.

I understand that some pastors started with strong beliefs in the Bible stories until it is too late to admit their past stupidity and saw the financial benefits in continuing with the shenaningans. Ofcourse, why not?

You are a big fool.
If you have nothing to say, shut up!!!!!
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by alBHAGDADI: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2019
Angelfrost:

Was the revered apostle referring strictly and solely to pastors??! Why then do we have designations like "Full time Pastors" and "Part-time Pastors", what scriptural backing brings about such??!... What about other ministers of the Gospel like instrumentalists, who remunerates them??!

People can chose to be part-time or full-time pastors. No scripture warns against such.

Instrumentalists are shepherds, hence the reason they are not entitled to the same status as Pastors.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Angelfrost(m): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2019
Khei:
You be confirm mumu

By their fruits (including words/utterances) ye shall know them.... How exactly are you different from the "sinners" you claim to be trying to convert??!... Would Christ respond in this manner to dissenting voices??!... Smh.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by semyman: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2019
nineone:

There's nothing like FAKE pastor. All pastors are real and carry out their lies and deception differently
Straight on point
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Angelfrost(m): 10:57am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

People can chose to be part-time or full-time pastors. No scripture warns against such.

Instrumentalists are shepherds, hence the reason they are not entitled to the same status as Pastors.

Thanks for your mature response sir...

At the bold part of your comment, if it truly came down to choice, then why would some individuals insist on full-time ministry even in the face of or midst of a congregation facing individual and collective hardships... This is the bone of contention.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by CekJewel(m): 11:03am On Nov 17, 2019
I believe foundation matters and when it goes wrong, the whole thing is wrong.
When a church worships on Sunday whereas the bible that guides their lives principles say the seventh day is the right day of worship, and in every generation, judging from the bible, there's only one prophet in every age. How come there are more this age?
Pastors are fake. Thats it.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by echibuogwu(m): 11:04am On Nov 17, 2019
U nailed it. If to say u near me I swear I for buy u beer.
OyinO:

Stop tithe, and church business will stop. Jesus did not preach and depend on tithes and offerings but he fed thousands. Now, even with the millions generated from tithes and offerings, the poor members get nothing! ALL PASTORS ARE FAKE AND DEPEND ON TITHES AND OTHER MONIES ILL-GOTTEN from members for survival and enjoyment. Dazol!

1 Like

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by judedwriter(m): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2019
Truth must be said: most pastors today aren't called by God but are serving their belly.

Chai, judgement day will be interesting. So many so called pastors will shiver in great fear before God and account for the fake miracles they performed to deceive many.

Even many of those pastors truly called by God have been distracted by the love of money, women and materialism and no longer preach the full gospel. To draw crowds they go to the devil for instant power when they no longer can pay the price of praying and fasting.

Judgement day will really be interesting...
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by LordTosinJ: 11:14am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are of the kind I spoke of - always rushing to slam pastors without having full knowledge of the Bible.

Thank you jor. We have a lot of them here commenting all over nairaland. What pains me most is their ignorant words and the will be acting like they are authorities.
It just so annoying.

1 Like

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 17, 2019
ScepticalPyrrho:
I feel more pity for pastors who haven't realised that christianity is a waste of time.

I hope they discover their senses before they die of ignorance or their belief.

Most modern pastors saw the gullibility of christians and started with the pretense of being genuine.

I understand that some pastors started with strong beliefs in the Bible stories until it is too late to admit their past stupidity and saw the financial benefits in continuing with the shenaningans. Ofcourse, why not?
Omo esu get away from here.
Carry your devilish attitude away you will know the stories by force when life challenges bekon on your ignorant life
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by LordTosinJ: 11:17am On Nov 17, 2019
izzou:

Aaron was a Levite, and like I said, the people as at that time, worshipped in the temple,so there were Levites then.

Again you dodged my question. When Jesus was alive, how were the disciples able to feed, since they were not forking? These men had families, so how were they caring for them? Remember, they were not working in the temple

You don't know anything. You will quote Corinthians again and type Aaron. There is nowhere Jesus encourage shepherds to live on the proceeds of their members.

so we shouldn't the Bible again you have now become you own authority abi? Izzou.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by alBHAGDADI: 11:22am On Nov 17, 2019
Angelfrost:

Thanks for your mature response sir...

At the bold part of your comment, if it truly came down to choice, then why would some individuals insist on full-time ministry even in the face of or midst of a congregation facing individual and collective hardships... This is the bone of contention.

If a pastor decides on full-time ministry, then he has to manage whatever is offered by his church members through tithe and offering, no matter how small the congregation is.

If he feels the amount is too small, then he can go do some side hustles. But nothing must hinder the work of God. If the side hustle is hindering God's work, he is to abandon it. God who feeds the birds with ensure the meagre money he gets from church is enough.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 11:22am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Your mumu never do grin

Choirs are not ordained as shepherd, that's why they don't get the same kind of treatment pastors get. I'm glad you recognize that pastors are shepherds, but words are synonyms.

A shepherd spends his time caring for the sheep, feeding them and ensuring they are safe. What does he get on return to feed himself? Grass? No, it's the same sheep that feed him. He can sell some for money and slaughter some for his meat.

Pastors teach, pray and guide the sheep in the church. What do they get in return? Material things from the sheep which includes money.

1 Corinthians 9:11 (KJV)
If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

Are you foolish? What is Aaron doing in the temple as a Levites that Pastors are not doing in the Church as non-levites? The below verse sees Paul saying both are entitled to the same treatment. Jesus Christ himself ordained pastors to do the same as Aaron the Levite

For the part bolded read it again. So in this case the pastor can slaughter or sell his church members to make money? Does this example make sense
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Thetruthshallse(m): 11:22am On Nov 17, 2019
OyinO:
The Bible is full of parabolic illustrations, allegories, fables and superstitious myths. The Sun of God is the Light of the World. But when Sun becomes Son, the Sun is personified as Son of God. The Sun/Son that shines in darkness. The Sun sinks into it's lowest Zenith in Winter Solstice - 22nd, 23rd and 24th and start to rise again on the 25th of December. CHRISTMAS DAY! Rebirth of the Sun! Then Santa Claus (Satan Claus) appears. This happens in the temperate and Arctic regions of earth plane. The Rebirth of the Sun after its 3 DAYS DEATH is called the Resurrection of the Sun (now Son) of God. It's all about SUN WORSHIP. What is Sun Day?? There's no Sun day in the Buybull until new testament of imperial editing. Behind the head if the Christos, there's always a yellow Sun. And at Spring time, THE SUN RISES in Easter. Yet the pale (oyinbo) man with long hair is busy BLOCKING THE SUN from reaching the Creation of the Universe. Yet pale people cannot withstand the Sun. What an irony? For they run into hiding like zombies once the Sun start rising. It's the BLACK MAN WHO RISES WUTH THE SUN THROUGH THE POWER OF MELANIN. Your Religion is Pagan mythology modified from Greco-Roman versions of stolen African, Egyptian and Babylonian Sun Worship Systems. Christianity is Fake! Has nothing to deliver except giving vain hope to the oppressed and deprived masses. It's paganism used to replace pure African metaphysical spirituality at the coming of European invaders of brutal COLONIALISM. Today, ad it was in the beginning, it's nothing but BUSINESS ORGANISATIONS sapping the dumb innocent sufferers while giving them vain hope in a nonexistent afterlife. Just to make them docile enough for rulers and leaders to keep them poor and hungry. It was started in ROME, from where it spread to Africa and the Americas through colonial imperialism. Nuff said!
My brother/sister I can see that you are one of the rational thinkers, but on this issue of Christianity you are wrong. Because things of spirit cannot be understood using rational thoughts. Afterlife is real, and JESUS is real. I pray that God in His infinite mercy will show Himself to you. Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RCCG 2017 Holy Ghost Congress; Songs Of Victory, 4-9th Dec, 2017 / The Truth About The Story Of The Woman Who Gave Birth To The Horse-like Creature / Christians , Please What's Your Take On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.