Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival (12452 Views)

Exposition On Tithes, Offering And Firstfruits By Dr Mensah Otabil / My Humble Reply To Mr Freeze’s Beliefs On Tithes And Other Issues He Raised (1) / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Youngjohnosas: 2:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
greaterlove001:
Bashing of Pastors did not start today and will never cease. Even with the selfless life Jesus lived, he was highly criticized and even crucified. That's just the human nature.
The truth is no organization including church can run without money, hence the need for worshippers to be generous enough to give so that the work of the kingdom of God does not suffer because of limited funds. Besides, the fact that there is blessings in giving (whether church or charity )has not been disputed by anyone so far.
However, scriptural giving is willingly. So no one should feel pressured. Also, where one feels his offering is not rightfully appropriated, you can request for an explanation or change your place of worship if it becomes necessary. There's nothing wrong with being a blessing to a man, God has used to bless you spiritually. If you don't consider him a blessing to your spiritual life, even if you do, you are also at liberty not to show him kindness.
thanks sir, if no body talks about u then u are no body.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by alBHAGDADI: 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
akinade28:
Paul you quote said this when he leaving a particular church to move to another location.
Acts 20:33-35 New International Version (NIV)

33 I have not coveted anyone’s silver or gold or clothing. 34 You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions. 35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

Paul was never a pastor of any church. He was an evangelist who moved about.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by deebrain(m): 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
Very very very true.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Originalsly: 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

1 Corinthians 9:13-14 (KJV)

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple?

14. Even so hath the Lord ordained......that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live off the things of the temple?

Even so hath the Lord ordained.....that they which preach the gospel should live off the gospel.

Is there a difference?... and recheck.... what does you Bible really say? Are you ministering the truth?...pastors should live off the people?
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by akinade28(f): 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Paul was never a pastor of any church. He was an evangelist who moved about.
No, he was still an apostle, a minister of the gospel and his Job was tent making.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by alBHAGDADI: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
akinade28:
No, he was still an apostle, a minister of the gospel and his Job was tent making.

Apostle is different from a pastor. While an Apostle can be a pastor e.g Peter, a Pastor can't be called an Apostle.

Paul was an Apostle but didn't pastor a church. It is the church that supplies the needs of a pastor. Since Paul didn't pastor any Church, he had to sort out his own needs. Even at that, he still had the power to be catered for by believers, but he chose not to.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by akinade28(f): 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Don't add your own input. Paul never said he didn't write for such to be done. He only said he didn't wrote for them to be done unto him. In other words, he did t condemn it being done to others. It was his choice not to accept such.
my brother it is you that didn't want to say the whole truth.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by akinade28(f): 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Apostle is different from a pastor. While an Apostle can be a pastor e.g Peter, a Pastor can't be called an Apostle.

Paul was an Apostle but didn't pastor a church. It is the church that supplies the needs of a pastor. Since Paul didn't pastor any Church, he had to sort out his own needs. Even at that, he still had the power to be catered for by believers, but he chose not to.
where is all these in the bible. Brother, you need to study your bible very well oo. You are just lumping things together.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by alBHAGDADI: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
akinade28:
where is all these in the bible. Brother, you need to study your bible very well oo. You are just lumping things together.

Paul did tweet the criteria to become a Bishop because he chose to. He never married, which means he was never a Bishop whom he himself said must be the husband of one wife

1 Timothy 3:2 (KJV)
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Legendguru: 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oh
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by OyinO: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
Thetruthshallse:
My brother/sister I can see that you are one of the rational thinkers, but on this issue of Christianity you are wrong. Because things of spirit cannot be understood using rational thoughts. Afterlife is real, and JESUS is real. I pray that God in His infinite mercy will show Himself to you. Shalom

Sorry. Colonial brainwashed mentality is not your fault, but the result of agelong brainwashing and deceit. How come Jesus doesn't look like Africans?
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by joyfullyjoyous(f): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
99% are there for the money. If only they can emulate the Lord Jesus.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by RTSC: 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
A Pastor that is highly anointed don't need tithes and offering.

Gifts would be pouring from everywhere that he wouldn't even need to touch his monthly salary let alone remember tithes and offerings.

Imagine if he prays for people and they instantly receive their healing, deliverance and miracles, they would bless him with gifts without even asking.
Some may even gave him millions at a go if they are wealthy.

It is lack of anointing that is making pastors to eat tithes and offerings.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by lloyds(m): 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
Relying on tithes does not make any pastor fake.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Jamiuolatoye(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by petra1(m): 12:04am On Nov 18, 2019
izzou:

. There is nowhere Jesus encourage shepherds to live on the proceeds of their members.

Mat 10:9 — Mat 10:10
Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

Luke 8:3
Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod’s business manager; Susanna; and many others who were contributing from their own resources to support Jesus and his disciples.

Gal 6:6 — Gal 6:8
Let him who receives instruction in the Word [of God] share all good things with his teacher [contributing to his support].
Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained, or mockedby mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that andthat only is what he will reap.
For he who sows to his own flesh (lower nature, sensuality) will from the flesh reap decay and ruin and destruction, but he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by mastermaestro(m): 12:30am On Nov 18, 2019
CekJewel:
I believe foundation matters and when it goes wrong, the whole thing is wrong.
When a church worships on Sunday whereas the bible that guides their lives principles say the seventh day is the right day of worship, and in every generation, judging from the bible, there's only one prophet in every age. How come there are more this age?
Pastors are fake. Thats it.

People like you avoid sound Sunday school class. This explains your pathetic ignorance. Just keep quiet instead saying rubbish!
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by mastermaestro(m): 12:35am On Nov 18, 2019
ikennaf1:

Jeez,, you Pentecostal pastors have finished twisting the Bible o... What that verse in bold means is that one should practice what they preach... Jesus Christ... Fear Pentecostals...tufiakwa
Another ignorant fellow.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 18, 2019
there is one pastor in abuja that has one swimming pool in his church.claimed he got the water from isreal and that if u enter the water it heals u of any ailment but u will need to pay 50k to enter the swimmingpool grin.abegi many pastors in naija are just doing it for hustling things..only very few are genuine.the rest na yahoo pastors cheesy.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Brock1: 2:13am On Nov 18, 2019
Show me d answered prayers of our pastors on dis nation, many would not have problems with pastors if they av used some of these monies they use to have their mega churches,glittering lives to build our dilapidated country without waiting for corrupt government officials (which some of dem even enta churches to hear word of God and still go out there to embezzle) .
alBHAGDADI:

Nice

Today, many fools run their mouth at pastors and act as if they know the Bible in and out. Whereas, their rudeness is only inspired by an anti-church article they read online.

Imagine people saying pastors ought to go get a job and stop depending on Church money. They foolishly use Apostle Paul as an example, saying he made his income from tent making.

Was Paul a pastor? Did he pastor any Church? No, he didn't because he was an evangelist moving about preaching the gospel. Peter, James, John etc were pastors of churches. Can anyone show me where they worked? You can't find such.

Have you ever wondered why Peter was silent after Jesus saw him fishing after his resurrection in John 21? He knew he had messed up. When Peter the fisherman was called by Jesus, what did Jesus say? He said he was going make him a Fisher of men. Peter dropped his net and followed Jesus. So, Jesus was disappointed to see him return to fishing again. "Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?"

A pastor is to feed from the Church, a thing apostle Paul also approved. If a pastor gets a 9-5 job, he won't be able to have time to study the word of God which he will use to feed his flock. If the church has a serious programme coming up, he might miss it if his company decide to send him on an assignment to another city. Imagine his church is on the mainland and he works at Lekki, think of the traffic he would be facing before he gets to church for a midweek service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by tbibuzz(m): 3:33am On Nov 18, 2019
izzou:

Can you show me where the Bible talked about Peter's life, and him feeding from the church?

You type so well and lengthy, yet you're either making little sense or you're misleading people.
How can you say a pastor is supposed to feed from the Church

In Acts, the people brought as they had and the items were distributed to the poor, and the Bible mentioned that "THEY LACKED NOTHING".

Every pastor should work and lead by example. He should be a servant to his congregation, and not the other way round. Stop encouraging laziness in the church
did u miss out where he said peter wasn't a pastor ,bros if u biliv it or not it changes nothing God is still God ,dere are dose DAT biliv and did same God u don't biliv in is working for dem
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by CekJewel(m): 8:24am On Nov 18, 2019
mastermaestro:

People like you avoid sound Sunday school class. This explains your pathetic ignorance. Just keep quiet instead saying rubbish!

Your generation could be blind if you go on like this.
Emperor Constantine of the romans brought in Sunday worship. Search your internet to know the truth rather than follow lost shepherds.
I can't drag words with you.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by kingsarch2000: 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
I don't have any problem giving pastors money for upkeep or for the ministry. But the manner they preach about tithes and other alms makes you feel obligated. Yes are supposed to give cheerfully, with joy and not because we are obligated to do so. I want to start a donation to a YouTube channel that made me understand the book of Revelations so well that I can boldly preach it to people. Majority of church congregations do not understand it. And it it specifically for our time. When Sunday come most congregants thinks of money to give, clothe to wear etc. And not the fact that the want to go and worship the LORD joyfully. We need to right some wrongs in the church. Church of this generation are acting like the people of Loadicea as mentioned in the book of Revelations. Imagine someone saying that I will not make heaven if I don't pay tithes. What that means pay tithes and heaven is you. John 3:16 no longer matter anymore. As for me, I follow Yeshua.
alBHAGDADI:

Nice

Today, many fools run their mouth at pastors and act as if they know the Bible in and out. Whereas, their rudeness is only inspired by an anti-church article they read online.

Imagine people saying pastors ought to go get a job and stop depending on Church money. They foolishly use Apostle Paul as an example, saying he made his income from tent making.

Was Paul a pastor? Did he pastor any Church? No, he didn't because he was an evangelist moving about preaching the gospel. Peter, James, John etc were pastors of churches. Can anyone show me where they worked? You can't find such.

Have you ever wondered why Peter was silent after Jesus saw him fishing after his resurrection in John 21? He knew he had messed up. When Peter the fisherman was called by Jesus, what did Jesus say? He said he was going make him a Fisher of men. Peter dropped his net and followed Jesus. So, Jesus was disappointed to see him return to fishing again. "Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?"

A pastor is to feed from the Church, a thing apostle Paul also approved. If a pastor gets a 9-5 job, he won't be able to have time to study the word of God which he will use to feed his flock. If the church has a serious programme coming up, he might miss it if his company decide to send him on an assignment to another city. Imagine his church is on the mainland and he works at Lekki, think of the traffic he would be facing before he gets to church for a midweek service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Makschinchin: 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
ScepticalPyrrho:
[s] I feel more pity for pastors who haven't realised that christianity is a waste of time.

I hope they discover their senses before they die of ignorance or their belief.

Most modern pastors saw the gullibility of christians and started with the pretense of being genuine.

I understand that some pastors started with strong beliefs in the Bible stories until it is too late to admit their past stupidity and saw the financial benefits in continuing with the shenanigans. Ofcourse, why not?
[/s]

Jesus is Lord bro, the earlier you believe in him and surrender your life to him, the BEST for you..

Shalom!!!
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Makschinchin: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
kingsarch2000:
I don't have any problem giving pastors money for upkeep or for the ministry. But the manner they preach about tithes and other alms makes you feel obligated. Yes are supposed to give cheerfully, with joy and not because we are obligated to do so. I want to start a donation to a YouTube channel that made me understand the book of Revelations so well that I can boldly preach it to people. Majority of church congregations do not understand it. And it it specifically for our time. When Sunday come most congregants thinks of money to give, clothe to wear etc. And not the fact that the want to go and worship the LORD joyfully. We need to right some wrongs in the church. Church of this generation are acting like the people of Loadicea as mentioned in the book of Revelations. Imagine someone saying that I will not make heaven if I don't pay tithes. What that means pay tithes and heaven is you. John 3:16 no longer matter anymore. As for me, I follow Yeshua.

Correct bro. The bad thing is that many people follow their pastors more than they follow Christ and that's why many are vulnerable and victims of fake pastors.

I believe if one is truly a follower of Jesus Christ and has the Holy Spirit in him/her, the Spirit will reveal real and fake pastors to him.

All these too much talk about all pastors in Nigeria being fake is just a big big LIE!!!
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
Makschinchin:

Jesus is Lord bro, the earlier you believe in him and surrender your life to him, the BEST for you..

Shalom!!!
I'll only respond to your post.

Try this, look at your life, I mean your singular life, and tell me what value your belief in Jesus has yielded.
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Makschinchin: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
ScepticalPyrrho:

I'll only respond to your post.

Try this, look at your life, I mean your singular life, and tell me what value your belief in Jesus has yielded.

Peace bro. I have this peace of mind that I didn't have when I was without Christ. I used to be very restless, troublesome and revengeful, but I thank God for giving me His peace and not only that, but also He touched every aspect of my life. I'm free like a bird now to God's glory and I have no regret giving my life to Christ.

I know what my life was like before I met Christ and I know what it is now, there's a HUGE difference bro. Satan is out lying to and deceiving many people and many people keep buying into his lies the biggest which is There is No God.

Jesus is Lord bro.. I urge you to go to Him now.. He is always there for you
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by ScepticalPyrrho: 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Makschinchin:

Peace bro. I have this peace of mind that I didn't have when I was without Christ. I used to be very restless, troublesome and revengeful, but I thank God for giving me His peace and not only that, but also He touched every aspect of my life. I'm free like a bird now to God's glory and I have no regret giving my life to Christ.

I know what my life was like before I met Christ and I know what it is now, there's a HUGE difference bro. Satan is out lying to and deceiving many people and many people keep buying into his lies the biggest which is There is No God.

Jesus is Lord bro.. I urge you to go to Him now.. He is always there for you
And you think there aren't other humans doing better than you without your Jesus?
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by Makschinchin: 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2019
ScepticalPyrrho:

And you think there aren't other humans doing better than you without your Jesus?

Now you're digressing from the issue undecided
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
Makschinchin:

Now you're digressing from the issue undecided
Okay
Re: Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival by OyinO: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2019
Thetruthshallse:
My brother/sister I can see that you are one of the rational thinkers, but on this issue of Christianity you are wrong. Because things of spirit cannot be understood using rational thoughts. Afterlife is real, and JESUS is real. I pray that God in His infinite mercy will show Himself to you. Shalom

How did you know those things of unseen spirits? God is talking and doing something long before human creation, WHO WAS THERE TO HEAR, SEE, WITNESS AND RECORD IT? Jesus went to a secret place to talk to his rapist father who raped and impregnated another man's wife called Mary, but somebody is hearing everything he is saying? If things of the spirit cannot be understood by rational mind, keep your spiritual things to yourselves rather than forcing them with nuisance and imposition on rational minds through body-shamimg, propaganda, violence, name-calling, persecution, condemnation and threats to rational mind fellows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed / How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. / Between Jesus And Mohammed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.