Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? (8177 Views)

Share Your First Time Computer Experience / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Sirmee(m): 8:07am On Nov 22, 2010
When i remember what led to my use of internet i can't stop laughing. I was in in jss2 then in the year 2000, when one of my classmate told me they have internet in there house and that when you are using the internet, it's more like driving, that during the cause of your driving whatever happens online will affect your physical being e.g. If u die online during the cause of driving online, physically u'll die too. So i was eager to know but my first time was a mixed feeling of fear and anxiety because i don't want to die but i want to drive u.s. But on gettin 2 d cafe wit anoda friend it was a whole different xperience.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by gmiwng(m): 10:33am On Nov 22, 2010
2000 was my first.
Then it was all about UCAS & Scholarship. That very first nite, i was looking like mumu but that was the first & last tyme i was lead to a cafe.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by GboyegaD(m): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2010
My first time on the internet was in 2001. That evening, I went to my cousin's place at Isolo and later checked on a friend who encouraged me to go with him to a cafe where the bill was N180/hour. I did and all I eventually did all though my 1hour was to open a yahoo box i never knew opened until my 2nd time at a cafe and on trying to open a mail box, was told the mail box already opened. Good enough, that is the mail box I am still using till date which is my nick name. Afterwards, I became an internet freak who goes to browse an hour daily though sometimes I do steal to ensure I have the money to browse.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by iice(f): 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2010
Prolly 98. . .not sure. Games carry me reach
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by tyson55(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2010
The first time i used the internet was in 1999.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by lekside44(m): 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
for me, it was in 1995. back then, you browse at 5o naira/ min since it was a dial up connection with the isp in america. then, we were browsing at international call rate.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 23, 2010
1989 when l was test running the net with Tim Bimmers-lee
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by lekside44(m): 10:42am On Nov 23, 2010
aze:

[/quot
aze link=topic=553417.msg7198861#msg7198861 date=1290496885:

oga stop driving us, we are not motor
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Jarus(m): 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2010
aze:

in fact you were there with Philip Emeagwali grin
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Jarus(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2010
Late 2001 in my year 1 in Varsity. My friend who had learnt how to open Yahoo few weeks earlier took me to a cafe on campus and I paid. He was the one doing all the browsing, whiel I watched. Tired of payong and just looking, I went alone teh next time. I got stuck along the way, but I was shy to ask teh Cafe operator or person sitting next what to do because the lady that was sitting beside me was my faculty mate, and she will see me as a bush boy. Instaed of logging out and coem back another time, I was just sitting there waiting for my time to expire. That was how I wasted money at the cafe.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Tinyemeka(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2010
The first time I didn't personally use the net. That was in 2002 around March, when I had to send an E-mail to an Uncle of ours residing in the US who had extended some financial assistance to us. Then people the doing the E-mail business would charge you around N50 to send one E-mail and I thought it'll rather be cheaper than making the international call smiley I later followed a friend to all-night browsing and then opened my first E-mail addy on mail.com Everbody don dey use Yahoo then I no wan join d crowd. My serious browsing came came in a funny way. We were in class 2nd Yr (around March 2003). People where making noise in the class when d lecturer (one First class material like that Dr. Iyke Okoli) got angry and there and then gave us four wicked sounding micro-organisms to go and do research on (Acanthamoeba castellani, Naegleria fowleri and two others I can't remember now). I had to do all-nite for about 1 week non-stop. Na there my hand come strong for browsing. I never looked back since then. I still d hail d lecturer as d person that introduced me to the net proper. cool
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by fahteemah(f): 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2010
It was in d yr 2000. My dad just opened a mail for the whole family so he could communicate with us as he was not around. I followed my cousin to the cafe and while my mum gave him money for 2 hours, he let me use 15 mins and i browsed on www.barbie.com. Cannot imagine browsing on that now, funny enough we did not even check my mail that day
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by evatee(m): 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2010
guess it was in 2003 in my father's office, saw the way he was chatting and replyin mails and i was thrilled by it then.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by munigas(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2011
mine was 2002 when i first entre a cafe wit a friend i pay 150 for 1 hr, that time i dont no what website means all i want is to ask a question d computer so i type the name kanu in google to my greates surprise it bring kanu of super eagle i know thruout dat night i didnt sleep thinking, of how browsen ll be good if i learn, but now is a story am now expert,
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:40am On Mar 14, 2011
Please dont say lm wicked for given you
18g/54g!! Every month!!!!
for proper downloading of heavy files
listening to Live! event on Cnn,bbc
playing Music on youtube
opening of secured site like liberty reserve.facebook,yahoo,gmail,forex
browsing like me 24/7 without watching your Bundles
cos it's unlimited!!!!!!
add me on facebook with
Gej mgbenka ifeanyi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player / How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks / How Can I Remove Recycler Virus??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.