Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? (1642 Views)

Pastor Yemi Davids Shares How He Abandoned Uk-based Girlfriend To Marry His Wife / Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion? / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by ThothHermes: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What point? Which point? You made no point, you have no point.

''"The spirit of God made or fashioned me; and the breath of the Almighty gives me life."
- Job 33:4

''This is what God the LORD says—He who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and its offspring,
who gives breath to the people on it and life to those who walk in it:
"
- Isaiah 42:5

If it is true that God is uninterested, then it means that currently now you should and/or ought to be dead, and thats from God asking for His breath back from you. God is interested in you, which is why you're alive on earth, breathing in the land of the living. If not, then means, you by now should be six feet under, but you aren't yet six feet under, so indicates God's interest in you.

You know you're lying making that comment or merely just trying hard being ignorant. You know you wish and/or you expect, at the very least, to be alive, as in meaning, be alive and kicking here on obodo earth among and/or along with others on this land of the living

Doubt, is an unfortunate and uncomfortable condition to have ThothHermes. Peele. Ndo.
You want to start confusing me again abi??

Doubt is better than uncertain certainty.
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
ThothHermes:
I like to think I have a good memory. shocked
This moniker reminds me of an atheist.
You don repent

Na today? That one na old story
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by ThothHermes: 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Na today? That one na old story
Na wa ooo grin grin

What happened?
Is there a link to the story?
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
ThothHermes:
Na wa ooo grin grin

What happened?
Is there a link to the story?

Long story short. Atheism leads to nihilism
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by MuttleyLaff: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
ThothHermes:
You want to start confusing me again abi??
Confusion is the beginning of wisdom

ThothHermes:
Doubt is better than uncertain certainty.
Just because you're uncertain you'll wake up from going to bed, doesnt stop you from going to sleep. Doubts are traitors, doubts always will betray you.

Just as your faith can move mountains, so your doubt can create mountains, mountains, such as believing that doubt is better than uncertain certainty.
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by xproducer: 10:42am On Nov 21, 2019
If you belong to the Lord Jesus, He will never abandon you! "...For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5

Keep the faith...

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." - Hebrews 11:6
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by IamFrustrated: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
GivingUp:
Hi Nairalander,

Have been a follower of Christ right from when I knew the different between A and B. I became dedicated to him right from childhood, participating in church activities, alot, Right from Childhood. I pray to him, and I do everything necessary to please God, but now I need God more, he seems mute and quite, I pray to him about it, meditate and yet No positive result. Am really broke now, I worked for some company's and Hotels but when its time to pay, they cook up stories. I prayed about it, yet no results. I dont even have money to feed, yet they made me believe God is watching me with all the hardship.

Now, am confused isn't that God doesn't exist or he abandoned me, I dont get it

Please help.

Same with me, I think God have forsaken me
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by Emmbanny(m): 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
Are you sure, you don't have a special call, maybe to work in his vineyard?
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by GivingUp: 8:16am On Nov 30, 2019
Emmbanny:
Are you sure, you don't have a special call, maybe to work in his vineyard?
Hmmm we all have a calling, not just me
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by levitate: 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
antoniafire:
Been there. God loves you. Stay faithful. And check your ways
Re: Does God Not Exist? OR He Abandoned Me?? by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Nov 22, 2023
GivingUp:
Hi Nairalander, Have been a follower of Christ right from when I knew the different between A and B. I became dedicated to him right from childhood, participating in church activities, alot, Right from Childhood. I pray to him, and I do everything necessary to please God, but now I need God more, he seems mute and quite, I pray to him about it, meditate and yet No positive result. Am really broke now, I worked for some company's and Hotels but when its time to pay, they cook up stories. I prayed about it, yet no results. I dont even have money to feed, yet they made me believe God is watching me with all the hardship. Now, am confused isn't that God doesn't exist or he abandoned me, I dont get it Please help.
If you wish to reason the things of God never do so in such a way as to reduce God to your line of reasoning--- never lean on your understanding. Always aim to keep God's Word True no matter what. God said He does not answer the prayers of the sinner(He never once changed His mind about this anywhere in scripture) so why do you assume--- no, conclude even ---- that God changed His mind and answers the prayers of the same sinners whom He swore He does not answer? Is God some sort of mumu to you? undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness so that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. As Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the only path to God and His righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, so that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Contact Me For Bible Related Questions And Interesting Publications And Videos / The Worst Sin Is Not Sexual Sin, You Will Only Kill Yourself / Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.