Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana (20493 Views)

Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK / Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by EmagNig(m): 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytv69XzUEJs&feature=youtu.be

A bus driver identified as Jacob Semekor Mordzifa, graduates with a 1st class in Geography and Resource Development, at the University of Ghana after he obtained a final grade point average (FGPA) of 3.91.

Jacob was the cynosure of all eyes at the convocation ceremony of the university as he was named as one of the best graduating students at the University of Ghana at its just ended November 2019 Congregation ceremonies.

While speaking with JoyNews, he mentioned that after his secondary education in Sogakope Senior High School, he had gained admission to the University of Ghana in 2005 but could not go to the school at that time because his family did not have the wherewithal to support him.

Well, Mordzifa opted for driving a commercial car out of necessity to make ends meet and then save towards furthering his education.

“My driving force was the fact that out of a non-educated family of 21, with 6 wives to my dad, I could be the one to go to school and bring some light to the house,” he is quoted as saying.

Since going to the university straightaway was difficult for him, he enrolled at the Akropong-Akuapem Teacher Training College with the savings from his driving work.

While in the teacher training college, Mordzifa was saving his allowance towards his university education.

Fortunately, he gained Admission in 2015 and with his ambition to become a decorated academic and astute lecturer, he took his studies seriously and has now graduated with first class.

Despite getting married in 2017 in the middle of his university education, the young man didn’t allow family and its issues to distort his dream.

Congratulations to Jacob Semekor Mordzifa. He is an inspiration to many young people.

https://lailasnews.com/bus-driver-graduates-with-1st-class-from-university-video/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by SamEdozieJM(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
Congratulations! This has proved that there is no excuse to success.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by victorazyvictor(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Wetin he wan use am do?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by AsomArchitectNG(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Congratulations. This is the kinda news that gladdens my heart.

BTW......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by StarUp: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Success is deliberate...

10 Likes

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by Exc2000: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
angry

I thought buhari closed the borders, so who is smuggling ghana news here

Charley Charley people should let us be with their news, since Nigerians have being collecting their first class and awards like pure water we no loud am

Ironically a bus driver understands his terrain so well he is now a geographer... i bet Ghana President would give him their highest National award like GCFR

23 Likes

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by willexyaho(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ok
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by simplelad(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
Determination is the key. Congratulation to Asam kotoko

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by brexit: 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
Congratulations, that is the news I like to hear
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by majekobaje1: 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
Danfo driver abi cos na yellow bus I see there oooo
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by SendAbroad: 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
Okay
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by Kenbill1(m): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
A well deserved feat... Congratulations
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by Hubsolar: 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
Wow! That's extraordinarily motivating.

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by Promismike(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ok
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by Kendumazy(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
Nice one. Determination is the key!
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by Amuluonyenaego: 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
victorazyvictor:
Wetin he wan use am do?
you are a dump truck.

2 Likes

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by Jordan97: 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
6 Chilling Stories Of Famous People Who Mocked God And Died
https:///2018/12/6-chilling-stories-of-famous-people-who-mocked-god-and-died.html

Top 10 Youngest Billionaires You Should See
https:///2019/03/top-10-youngest-billionaires-in-the-world.html

Top 10 Photos of Schools That Took Cheating Prevention To A Whole New Level

https:///2019/11/top-10-photos-of-schools-that-took-cheating-prevention-to-a-whole-new-level.html

Top 5 Optical Illusions That Proves You Should Never Trust Your Eyes
https:///2019/05/top-5-optical-illusions-that-proves-you-should-never-trust-your-eyes.html

Old Fascinating Photos of Nigeria That Will Make You Cry
https:///2018/10/old-fascinating-photos-of-nigeria-that-will-make-you-cry.html
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by superior1: 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
Victimhood is for the weak minded. Kudos to Jacob

2 Likes

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by toomush(m): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kudos

5 Likes

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by TheFacelessMan: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
cool

Congratulations. Never give up.

I was told this story....

A security guard in one of older universities in Nigeria got the daughter of a lecturer pregnant.

It was in those days... maybe it was love or he fooled the girl i dont know...

He took JAMB while his mates were making fun of him for doing so.

He took SSCE & GCE. They were wondering why he was chasing a lost cause....

Entered BSc, was a big struggle trying to seek for night duty shift to go to classes...

Finished BSc... did MSc... eventually a PhD and became a lecturer himself. Now he waves at some securitymen at the same post who they could have served at the same time.

I would have found this story a bit unbelievable but a lab assistant who served my uncle during his PhD in 1986 when i took him home to help out said our house looked familiar..
He served me too decades after... cry

1 Like

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by victorazyvictor(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
Amuluonyenaego:

you are a dump truck.

You are a scalawag goons da slowpoke.

For you to quote shows that your ancestry has atom of madness.
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by Netanya(f): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
Now this is NEWS

1 Like

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by englishmart(m): 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
First class is for everyone. That a driver graduated with one doesn't make it a news. Geography, what a befitting course

1 Like

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by merryossai(m): 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
This is one of the reason why i respect people with vocational skill, because i see them as intelligent also. this is to prove we have genius everywhere, some are not just opportune to be in school.

1 Like

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by Sirpaul(m): 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
Determination ... Hardwork... Una see your life all of una wey dey beg for Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by crackhouse(m): 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
NIce
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by nototribalist: 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
What's all these nonsense news from Ghana? Are we now in ghanaland?
Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by crackhouse(m): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
englishmart:
First class is for everyone. That a driver graduated with one doesn't make it a news.
go back and read the story to the end my friend

1 Like

Re: Jacob Semekor Mordzifa: Bus Driver Graduates With 1st Class In Ghana by englishmart(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2019
crackhouse:
go back and read the story to the end my friend
who is your friend?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hijab: Muslim Students Ask Lagos To Issue Circular On Supreme Court Ruling / 10 Kinds Of Students You Would See In School During Holiday / LUTH Releases YABATECH Student's Corpse Free Of Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.