Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

My Dream As A Little Girl. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dream As A Little Girl. (1174 Views)

"How A Little Girl Almost Ruined My Life" / Elderly Man Weds Little Girl In Northern Nigeria (Photo) / Man Buys A New Car For His Mother, Says 'It Has Been My Dream' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dream As A Little Girl. by Temitope009(f): 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Modified

5 Likes

Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by tunjilee003: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
I've always dream to study sociology in the university but lasu cut my dream short, failed to give admission despite scoring 270 in jamb... I don't want to waste an extra year at home and i decided to switch to a state polytechnic successfully admitted..well, am doing fine in the polytechnic and i want to try all means to get back to the uni to get my dream course....
During our childhood days, we all dream big but when we got to some stages in life we could only sense that we are only building a castle in the air (hard to achieve).. We may not be a lawyer, doctor, accountant, pharmacist but we can create and decide the future ourselves.....

2 Likes

Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by Ginaz(f): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2019
Temitope009:
The Dream Of a Little Nigeria Girl.

As at the age of 9, I had a dream of becoming a medical doctor like most young lads. My dream was driven by my mum when as a child, I accompanied her to a relatives' occasion (wedding to be precise). She said to me, she is a "doctor", even though I couldn't grasp what it meant fully, I asked few questions and I immediately had the dream of becoming a doctor one day.

This dream was cut short as ABU did not offer me admission to study medicine and surgery 2 years on the row. Ha, I cannot come and become old in my Father's house o. I changed my course of study the 3rd year on the row to study chemistry and I was offered admission.

Before I was offered admission to study chemistry, I had a little drama with my dad the first time I told him I no longer wanted to be a doctor (this is another story entirely) and this isn't the aim of this story. Alas, I got admitted, and as a vibrant young lad, I had great hopes and aspirations.

Fast forward to all the rigours of school and all, I tried to ditch all distractions, with God's support, I graduated with a strong 2.1.

Immediately after graduation, I started powdered detergent production (I underwent some trainings beforehand). I named it RIAMA DETERGENT (in fact, I just sold out the sealing machine I used to someone yesterday). It came out very nice and foamy but alas, like every entrepreneur, so many challenges like drying and grinding, not having industrial machine to do all these process were great barriers. I soon got shortlisted for NYSC and I stopped.

Before the end of NYSC, I had put in for some jobs, reading, gaining skills on job applications and applying to any that came my way. I got married along the way, like 3 months before the end of NYSC. After NYSC, I still kept my hopes high and kept applying for jobs. I soon got a teaching position which I gladly took. I immediately enrolled for my PGDE program which I'm done with (with excellent results). Along the line, I had to resign for so many reasons (I was nursing a baby, running a postgraduate n lots more), I had to make a hard decision to leave when I was building my career (because I just got appointed as the assistant head department of my section).

Along the line, I had to go back to start working. Oh, how much applications I've written, I've written a hundred and yes, I know I'm talented, very creative, conscientious, very hardworking and positive result oriented. Alas, the labour market is still very competitive and I'm not expecting any less for a country of over 140 million citizens with growing number of graduates yearly.

These and many more are the little efforts I've made to achieve the dreams of that little girl (though even if not becoming a doctor, to at least become financially independent and not strain the necks of my darling husband as we still dey hustle.

In my own little capability, I launched my own branch few weeks ago (Rays Lounge Undies). From the stables of Rays Lounge of which I'm a proud brain behind, I've brought a solution to ladies lingerie problems..
I'm your personal lingerie shopper. Are you:
Suffering in the sun and still not finding what you want?
Do you have a particular lingerie you've been dreaming of having?
Are you on a budget?

You can bulk shop your favorite lingeries without having to stress all over in the market in futility.
For this reason, you as a ��
1. To be bride 2. Wife 3. Lady/Mother
Need my service like no other because ��

Being in the lingerie business to a while, I can proudly tell you I know the market and I can bring you the best deals.

Can you see how the dream of a little girl went from being a medical doctor to being your personal lingerie shopper? And no, I'm not more a graduate o, please send me to the market, now I want to be your number 1 lingerie shopper (my new dream). Please support this new dream to grow so it wouldn't die like my dream of being a medical doctor.

Kindly refer us to your families and friends.
You can click on the link below to fill our form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1Agc_hejyVmU7yHSIkfxsByUVsOVr4nqGUJ34oG37Vl_4BQ/viewform
Or have a live chat with us at
https:///2348154146016

Thank you and God Bless as you support a dream.

Seun

Do you do wholesales? You and I can work things up together. Kindly reply .
Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by Temitope009(f): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ginaz:

Do you do wholesales? You and I can work things up together. Kindly reply .

We can work together. Kindly click on my whatsapp link in my siggy.
Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by Temitope009(f): 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
tunjilee003:
I've always dream to study sociology in the university but lasu cut my dream short, failed to give admission despite scoring 270 in jamb... I don't want to waste an extra year at home and i decided to switch to a state polytechnic successfully admitted..well, am doing fine in the polytechnic and i want to try all means to get back to the uni to get my dream course....
During our childhood days, we all dream big but when we got to some stages in life we could only sense that we are only building a castle in the air (hard to achieve).. We may not be a lawyer, doctor, accountant, pharmacist but we can create and decide the future ourselves.....

Lol. Please don't give up on your dream and no, you're not building a castle in the air. A castle wherever it may be,depends on your mindset. Some people live in mud houses and to them, they live in a castle. Still boils down to you. Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by nlPoster: 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
op is your name Seun or you're referring to the site owner?
Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by SirLiquidGold: 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
Here I am thinking my dreams as a young child was to be a lingerie seller
Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by Temitope009(f): 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
SirLiquidGold:
Here I am thinking my dreams as a young child was to be a lingerie seller

Hahahahahaha. You made me laff real hard. Is it bad?

1 Like

Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by Temitope009(f): 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
nlPoster:
op is your name Seun or you're referring to the site owner?

No. My name is not seun
Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by Magnoliaa(f): 4:20am On Nov 21, 2019
tunjilee0 03:

You love the course?

It's mine, too @bolded.

I feel, people "settle" for it not because it's what their heart wants but for the sake of sha studying something in the university. So many passionless people.

I hope to meet (young minds, especially) people passionate about that course. Its objectives and so much more.

Being a Sociologist is something I wanna make a part of my identity. What I am. It's not just a discipline to me.

1 Like

Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by doitforyou(f): 5:57am On Nov 21, 2019
Magnoliaa:

You love the course?

It's mine, too @bolded.

I feel, people "settle" for it not because it's what their heart wants but for the sake of sha studying something in the university. So many passionless people.

I hope to meet (young minds, especially) people passionate about that course. Its objectives and so much more.

Being a Sociologist is something I wanna make a part of my identity. What I am. It's not just a discipline to me.
Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by Magnoliaa(f): 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
doitforyou:

Can I send a PM? You modified your post.
Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by Temitope009(f): 5:19am On Nov 23, 2019
Your Personal Lingerie Shopper

Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by Temitope009(f): 5:23am On Nov 23, 2019
Others available

Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by doitforyou(f): 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Can I send a PM? You modified your post.

lol yeah I did, too revealing. Will set up an email account and post here later.
Re: My Dream As A Little Girl. by doitforyou(f): 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2019
doitforyou97@yahoo.com

magnoliaa

(1) (Reply)

MIDEA 1.5HP Split Unit AC For Sale Very Clean / . / Please Help: What Do I Advise Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.