Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student (97739 Views)

Girl In Babcock University Sex Tape Gets International Scholarship / Babcock Expels Student In The Leaked Sex Video / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by CsRockefeller(m): 12:41am On Nov 21, 2019
nihilistjnr:

That's Babcock's problem, not the girl.

If it goes To court, that's exactly what the judge will say to Babcock

This court thing you guys have been shouting since are you really aware of the Nigerian judicial system?

Do you know that we adopted the common law from Britain that has both flexible and rigid pattern? Do you also know that this common law is unwritten?

Do you know as a Nigerian, if any law is inconsistent with the provisions of the constitution that the law will be jettisoned and the constitution shall prevail?

Let's talk like educated folks.

Have you read or glanced through the constitution?

If u are tempted to ask me if sex is a crime in the constitution please, read the sources of the Nigerian law.

I'm not a lawyer o, I read Economics.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by baby124: 12:42am On Nov 21, 2019
emae009:

you know you don't need to be a lawyer to take up the case right... you can always pay one to do it
Don’t worry... that is being investigated. If I was a lawyer though, it won’t even be debatable
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 12:42am On Nov 21, 2019
nihilistjnr:

I don't think you understand how litigation works.

Lawyer man, oya tell me.

Babcock should start chasing shadows abi

When their image is being tarnished abi

Because they are trying to help someone who got careless.

I wonder how you assume this is even the school's wahala sef

They have fone the needful. Same thing any coporate entity would have done

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by pyro62(m): 12:43am On Nov 21, 2019
Mynd44:
But imagine if Babcock came out with a press statement saying they will be taking court actions against people who leaked the video and support the lady in question to justice against those who are using it to shame the lady.

Imagine they say although they hold morals in high regard, they also understand that she did it on holidays and they will make sure they set an example of those who are hiding to cause trouble and shame the woman for something that is not a crime.

Not every time try to remove yourself; sometimes shake and break tables. Show support and strength and stand for justice.

Sometimes be remembered for staying on the side of justice instead of triggering your flight emotion

but if they don't, it is still okay. They have a right to protect their name, identity and brand

Please clap for this person.. Very sensible comments!! Nice one
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by osazsky(m): 12:43am On Nov 21, 2019
baby124:

Does the school booklet say she should not have sex or make a personal video in her private time and in the privacy of her own space? What nonsense! The video was obviously leaked against her consent so she’s the victim here and should not be further victimized by the institution.

Instead, all those involved in leaking the video and tagging it “Babcock” students should be expelled! She needs all the necessary emotional and psychological support right now! Not expulsion! That’s so wrong. I wish I was a lawyer, I would take this case up free of charge! Women need to stand up against the act of individuals and institutions victimizing victims. It needs to stop!
do u know how many president ministers senators,commissioners have resigned all over d world cuz of leaked sex videos,before they were sacked, Clinton would have been fired had d FBI not be proactive in deleting lewanlisky video,some even committed suicide, u think this is a small matter,or u did not see the
sex video of those 2 zenith bank staff that had sex . sex is not a crime it's only a crime when it gets to d internent when u are not in d entertainment industry oga grow up

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 12:43am On Nov 21, 2019
baby124:

Indeed! They could have protected their brand by acting mature about it. Instead of a trigger happy response. They should have gone after those who leaked the video, all involved. Provide emotional support for the victim and at the worst, distance themselves from the video by making bloggers act responsibly when posting their content. What adults do in their free time and away from school should not be attributed to the school in any way.

E be like you know the people when release this video o....!
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by CsRockefeller(m): 12:44am On Nov 21, 2019
The most naive comments here are the ones telling her to sue, they don't even know the law.

Empty barrels.

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by hopkinsnoni(m): 12:46am On Nov 21, 2019
lahizak:
Where you are wrong is that a school first and foremost supposed to protect the student and either you like it or not the girl is a victim. She may be stupid but she is a victim and as far as we are concerned, she did not break the rules of the school. Sex between adult outside a school is not a crime, is not like she steal or kill someone. A video meant for there eyes that got leaked is a violation of her privacy. And either you like it or not her action have no effect whatsoever on the school.
And how will you compare school institution, a place for teaching and learning to work place that pays you salary. So u saying if you and your guy have sex and stupidly make a video and it got leaked, ur office and any other association you know should disown u. Just 4 making a stupid mistake. Na wa oo

Truth be told, you don’t have sense! It’s nt a joke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by emae009(m): 12:47am On Nov 21, 2019
hammerVJ:

I REMEMBER A VIDOE OF DAVIDO BANGING SOME GIRL IN SOUTH AFRICA.

SOME AFTER SEX PICTURES OF HIM TOO.

Y BABCOCK NO WITHDRAW IS CERTIFICATE.

I AM DONE ON THIS ISSUE NOW, ONLY JOINED THIS EVENING AND ALREADY TIRED.

back to what I said in my first comment. you remembered "Davido" (that's a brand on its own) and not "Babcock student" or "Babcock graduate"....

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by baby124: 12:48am On Nov 21, 2019
osazsky:
do u know how many president ministers senators,commissioners have resigned all over d world cuz of leaked sex videos,before they were sacked, Clinton would have been fired had d FBI not be proactive in deleting lewanlisky video,some even committed video, u think this us a small matter,or u did not see those 2 sex video of zenith bank that had sex sex is not a crime it's only a crime when it gets to d internent when u are not in d entertainment industry oga grow up
Clinton could not be fired by anyone. He could only be impeached! And he did not step down or succumb to cheap blackmail from opposition, good for him. Though he abused his office and should have stepped down. This is a different case! These ADULTS did not in any way abuse their position. They had consensual sex!

Only the video leaked against the girls consent! Does Babcock require that all students are virgins? If they did that would be a different case! Does Babcock require that students not make videos of themselves? Of course not! So they were within their rights to do what they did. If it did not leak it would not be a problem. Now that her right was violated and it was leaked against her consent, is it right that she is victimized

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 21, 2019
studentofTruth:

That's true.

Expelling her for having sex outside the school premises when they're on break is a bridge of contract.

It is not only a "bridge of contract"... It is also a 'flyover' of contract or an expressway of contract.

Before you start forming 'activist' online, always make sure your spellings are spick and span.

But if this is as a result of fatigue, I suggest you call it a night already. I rise!

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by baby124: 12:49am On Nov 21, 2019
unearthed:

E be like you know the people when release this video o....!
I would like to, to be honest. So that the girl can receive the necessary support. Babcock needs to be sued to high heavens. Useless secondary school. Even Harvard no reach to do this. Who is Babcock?

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by osazsky(m): 12:50am On Nov 21, 2019
baby124:

Clinton could not be fired by anyone. He could only be impeached! And he did not step down or succumb to cheap blackmail from opposition, good for him. Though he abused his office and should have stepped down. This is a different case! These ADULTS did not in any way abuse their position. They had consensual sex!

Only the video leaked against the girls consent! Does Babcock require that all students are virgins? If they did that would be a different case! Does Babcock require that students not make videos of themselves? Of course not! So they were within their rights to do what they did. If it did not leak it would not be a problem. Now that her right was violated and it was leaked against her consent, is it right that she is victimized
cuz there was no sex video that was ia saviour, just allegations
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by bayonet: 12:50am On Nov 21, 2019
It is very funny how people on this forum are calling the school hypocrites.

If you have ever been to a tertiary institution and you did Matriculation, there is something called OATH SWEARING, compulsorily undertaken by all Freshers. Part of what everyone will swear to was to NOT bring disrepute to the image of the school.

Tertiary institutions including BABCOCK, are not built to teach Morals, your parents are supposed to teach you that at home.

I wonder if this happened in CU, how would they have handled it? One thing am certain of is she would also be EXPELLED, all her friends and clique might even face suspension over the matter sef (joking about the friends part though). Am also sure her surname will be blacklisted in CU afterwards.

When you work for a cooperate establishment, and you going to do immoral things, sense will tell you to leave your work ID Card at home if you don't want to get sacked should things go south. Just saying establishments running on millions of financial investment will not take this negative exposure likely.

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by baby124: 12:51am On Nov 21, 2019
osazsky:
cuz there was no sex video that was ia saviour, just allegations
There was proof! They even had a dress with his semen! He even admitted to it and his wife stood by him. So, what other proof are you looking for?
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by studentofTruth: 12:52am On Nov 21, 2019
unearthed:

Do you know the person who released the video?

Do you know who tagged the school?

If yes, bring am come out!

Na her face dey there bros. Na she the school know. It's like you are not getting the point!

Imagine!

So, because they haven't been able to get the people who released the video and tagged Babcock to it, the victim of the crime should take the fall? Horrible reasoning!

I have always said it, this country's problem is SYSTEMIC — way too deep. No wonder the police reason and behave the way they do — they represent the abnormal reasoning of the citizens.

What you wrote up there sounds like this:

Police comes to a crime seen and arrest the victim of the crime. Then, they say since they can't find the offenders, the victim should be penalized after all, she's the only one they could find who's associated with the crime.

So you will applaud this?

Nigerians deserve what they are getting!

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 21, 2019
Mynd44:
But imagine if Babcock came out with a press statement saying they will be taking court actions against people who leaked the video and support the lady in question to justice against those who are using it to shame the lady.

Imagine they say although they hold morals in high regard, they also understand that she did it on holidays and they will make sure they set an example of those who are hiding to cause trouble and shame the woman for something that is not a crime.

Not every time try to remove yourself; sometimes shake and break tables. Show support and strength and stand for justice.

Sometimes be remembered for staying on the side of justice instead of triggering your flight emotion

but if they don't, it is still okay. They have a right to protect their name, identity and brand

In this part of the world, everyone has sex but no one want to see the actual receipt I.e evidence that it's done.

Each culture has it's moral standing which we must adhere to or be excommunicated.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by CsRockefeller(m): 12:52am On Nov 21, 2019
The second set of the naive ones are those asking for where no sex is written in the handbook.

Babcock need not have a handbook to nail her because they are registered in Nigeria, under Nigerian laws which is supreme to any handbook.

There are provisions in our laws that didn't spell out sex is a crime but tactically included it.

What about Judicial precedent?

Lots of ignoramus on this platform.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by emae009(m): 12:54am On Nov 21, 2019
baby124:

Indeed! They could have protected their brand by acting mature about it. Instead of a trigger happy response. They should have gone after those who leaked the video, all involved. Provide emotional support for the victim and at the worst, distance themselves from the video by making bloggers act responsibly when posting their content. What adults do in their free time and away from school should not be attributed to the school in any way.

did you know if Babcock was a public traded company... their stock would've been on a freefall just because of that headline.
that aside.
the education sector is a very competitive market. the elite and well to do middle class are looking for institutions that will instill good morals and upbringing in their children as they are too busy to sometimes do it themselves.
if Babcock had taken your stance in a country where we both know everybody wants to be seen as clean and without dirt. how do you think it'd have played out in the minds of their students' parents and possible potential clients in the future??

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 12:55am On Nov 21, 2019
baby124:

I would like to, to be honest. So that the girl can receive the necessary support. Babcock needs to be sued to high heavens. Useless secondary school. Even Harvard no reach to do this. Who is Babcock?

You don't see the ridicule the school is going through probably because it's not a "person".

I don't know if you work in or have worked in any coporate environment but it would have helped you understand the action taken by the school.

Its like a banker commiting fraud and someone whistle blows. No one wants to know who blew that whistle but everyone is after the banker and he bears the brunt of the action.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by LadyHeaven(f): 12:55am On Nov 21, 2019
Mynd44:

Same thing I told my mother, I am glad someone else saw this and wrote it in fp, as a Christly school the first thing that should be instinct would be to shield and protect, yes she was stupid but still... Jesus Christ who they claim to serve would never turn his back on anyone with such speed, and showing compassion ist would have bought a LOT of goodwill to Babcock but we live in a hypocritical country so... Yes we are entitled to our opinions but I expected better reasoning from someone like @pocohantas...we move

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by LadyHeaven(f): 12:55am On Nov 21, 2019
Babcock's reaction was expected, it's the Nigerian way...flee from perceived evil doers, they should have done the unexpected, forgive, counsel and help heal, but their school...their rules.

Ladies please be careful, stop making such mistakes, it almost always backfires and never ends well...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by nihilistjnr: 12:56am On Nov 21, 2019
unearthed:

Lawyer man, oya tell me.

Babcock should start chasing shadows abi

When their image is being tarnished abi

Because they are trying to help someone who got careless.

I wonder how you assume this is even the school's wahala sef

They have fone the needful. Same thing any coporate entity would have done

Im telling you what will happen if she sues.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 21, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Someone breached their privacy and leaked their sextape in an ugly attempt to blackmail them and you say they deserved to be expelled? An incident that even occured outside the God forsaken school premises? So it's a crime for couples to have a sextape for their own viewing pleasure right? Sometimes I just wish a Tsar bomb could be dropped on this goddam country make everybody just die at once.

It was no longer for their exclusive viewing pleasure luv, we all also viewed it and were pleasured.

If you were say a CEO and a celebrity or person representing your highly esteemed brand, say like DANGOTE get enmeshed in such scandal you'll be saying all these

Especially in this Africa

Even in civilized countries, the person will jejely resign.. grin
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by unearthed(m): 12:58am On Nov 21, 2019
studentofTruth:

Imagine!

So, because they haven't been able to get the people who released the video and tagged Babcock to it, the victim of the crime should take the fall? Horrible reasoning!

I have always said it, this country's problem is SYSTEMIC — way too deep. No wonder the police reason and behave the way they do — they represent the abnormal reasoning of the citizens.

Police comes to a crime seen and arrest the victim of the crime. Then, they say since they can't find the offenders, the victim should be penalized after all, she's the only one they could find who's associated with the crime.

You are arguing with alot of emotional ignorance..... With all due respect!

Try your best to think this matter objectively through and through.

Put yourself in the shoes of the school as well and don't just see it from the POV of the girl.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by baby124: 12:59am On Nov 21, 2019
emae009:

did you know if Babcock was a public traded company... their stock would've been on a freefall just because of that headline.
that aside.
the education sector is a very competitive market. the elite and well to do middle class are looking for institutions that will instill good morals and upbringing in their children as they are too busy to sometimes do it themselves.
if Babcock had taken your stance in a country where we both know everybody wants to be seen as clean and without dirt. how do you think it'd have played out in the minds of their students' parents and possible potential clients in the future??
If consenting adults in a company have sex and the video is leaked! In a public company it would not affect the stock at all. Except the positions involved are that of a boss and a subordinate, then it would be wrong because of the element of power. Most companies do not expressly prevent employees from having relationships. They only prevent employees within the same department due to a conflict of interest.

Sex is a normal human pleasure seeking activity, which we as adults all enjoy in our various capacities. If victimized during such an act, we should not play holier than thou but instead protect the victim! In this era of secret cameras you could be implicated one day. Or trust the wrong person. Will you want to lose it all because of this indiscretion?

1 Like

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by CsRockefeller(m): 12:59am On Nov 21, 2019
LadyHeaven:

Same thing I told my mother, I am glad someone else saw this and wrote it in fp, as a Christly school the first thing that should be instinct would be to shield and protect, yes she was stupid but still... Jesus Christ who they claim to serve would never turn his back on anyone with such speed, and showing compassion ist would have bought a LOT of goodwill to Babcock but we live in a hypocritical country so... Yes we are entitled to our opinions but I expected better reasoning from someone like @pocohantas...we move

Morally speaking, you can make a case for her. But ethically and legally? She has no case.

Morally, they can quarantine her to prevent contamination. Then, later, reintergrate her, but they aren't bound to take that option.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by Organs(m): 12:59am On Nov 21, 2019
pocohantas:

You don't teach me what REPUTATIONAL RISK is. I work in a Compliance Unit - I am tasked with ensuring conducts of staff in and out of the organization meets the set standard and doesn't in any way affects its image. I would be the last person to look at things from religious lenses. I haven't been to a church since I was 19.

I stand by the post. Decisions like this are not taken with emotions, but what is best for the BRAND.

You are not recognizing the boundaries of where one starts and the other ends and youre hung up on "image" Well i am a manager of IT Compliance and in preparing and acting for the next level, ie "Director" part of the things i was made aware of is the fact that as a Director, the company can get sued for the t[b]hings that i do personally [/b]cos in that role/position, i will represent a decision maker for the Company. However, now, as a Manager, the company can not get sued for what i do personally. So differentiate between all of these, you, as an individual is a sum of so many things. If youre a student of an Institution, affiliated with any organization, working as a staff of a Company, a bank customer, or the family name you bear, or even wearing a red cap in Igboland, there are norms, expected behavioural patterns you should adhere to, however, if you don't, you are Just not in Compliance with expected behaviour, if youre not an administrative staff, governing body, then how can anyone accuse you for personal decisions you took? Yes, anyone, everyone will attribute the bigger image/name to you and identify you with whatever will sell the story or make a louder sound however if you are not breaking any of the clearly stated laws, rules and regulations, then no one can ostracise you from what you belong to or what you are for the PERSONAL CHOICES YOU MAKE that is not breaking the rules and regulations of whatever you represent. Again, if Babcock did what they did in a western country, they will go down so fast you will wonder. Look at it from a legal angle and most importantly the big picture.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by baby124: 1:00am On Nov 21, 2019
unearthed:

You don't see the ridicule the school is going through probably because it's not a "person".

I don't know if you work in or have worked in any coporate environment but it would have helped you understand the action taken by the school.

Its like a banker commiting fraud and someone whistle blows. No one wants to know who blew that whistle but everyone is after the banker and he bears the brunt of the action.

Shalom!
If you can relate this situation to a banker committing fraud then I don’t think you understand what is going on here!
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by nihilistjnr: 1:00am On Nov 21, 2019
CsRockefeller:

This court thing you guys have been shouting since are you really aware of the Nigerian judicial system?

Do you know that we adopted the common law from Britain that has both flexible and rigid pattern? Do you also know that this common law is unwritten?

Do you know as a Nigerian, if any law is inconsistent with the provisions of the constitution that the law will be jettisoned and the constitution shall prevail?

Let's talk like educated folks.

Have you read or glanced through the constitution?

If u are tempted to ask me if sex is a crime in the constitution please, read the sources of the Nigerian law.

I'm not a lawyer o, I read Economics.

I'm struggling to understand your point.
Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by LadyHeaven(f): 1:01am On Nov 21, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Morally speaking, you can make a case for her. But ethically and legally? She has no case.

Maybe in obodo 9ja...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student by emae009(m): 1:02am On Nov 21, 2019
studentofTruth:

Imagine!

DYK universally in a murder case the spouse of the deceased or close relatives are the first suspects if no evidence of actual suspects are available?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Secondary School Girls Twerk Infront Of Teachers And Parents (PICS) / Male Students Sign On Boobs Of Female Students (PICS) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.