Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,588 members, 7,958,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? (646 Views)

How To Increase Your Faith – By Rev. Kenneth E. Hagin / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) / Lady Sees Her Menstruation At Living Faith Church, Umuahia After 6 Years (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
Good day everyone.

I want to ask, if you have ever lost your faith, what was the last straw that broke the camel's back and made you say "I'm done following Christ"?

I'm at a point in my life that I'm tired, I've really given myself passionately and steadfastly to the word of God and his works, bit, lately, the issues of the world has overwhelmed me and it doesn't seem like hope is anywhere close.

I'm tired, having gone to church for some time, my faith has grown so weak, I'm thinking of calling it quit forever.

I acknowledge that God exists, but, I don't think he's with me anymore. I can't keep going through my issues and looking up to God and he's just there being silent.

This is a God I could have given my life for in the past. Why has he abadoned me in my trying times even though I've not been faithful as I was for close to 5 years.
Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by sweetonugbu: 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Tey tey na today

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by peggywebbs(f): 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
I think everyone loses faith everytime but I don't think you have lost faith in God. It's more like you've lost faith in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself how do you want God to believe in you?. It's like going for a job interview and concluding in your mind that you didn't get the job. How will you convince your interviewer that you have what it takes.

Many people come on nairaland talking about how much they have dedicated to God and how they have been disappointed. You live everyday, you breath the oxygen and you don't have to pay for it. You can do anything you want and nobody owns your life because God gave it to you.

You are a master of yourself. If you are free to do what you want, then you should be able to face the life's challenges. I remember when I was going through a difficult time, someone told me God doesn't give you what you can't handle. Today I look back at that situation and wonder how I got out of it. It's not like its over, every year I grow older, challenges get even tougher but you know what I'm still here. It has made me stronger.

Do you want a God that will pamper you and make you weak, or are you looking for a God who is a puppy and will always want to please you because he doesn't want to upset you.

He sees beyond what you see, if only you could look beyond that negative situation that hurts you and embrace the positive things in your life. It could be your siblings, your parents, your children or your loved one. There is a lot to gain in life than being angry with God. He has given you the earth to enjoy it, what more do you want?

CsRockefeller:
Good day everyone.

I want to ask, if you have ever lost your faith, what was the last straw that broke the camel's back and made you say "I'm done following Christ"?

I'm at a point in my life that I'm tired, I've really given myself passionately and steadfastly to the word of God and his works, bit, lately, the issues of the world has overwhelmed me and it doesn't seem like hope is anywhere close.

I'm tired, having gone to church for some time, my faith has grown so weak, I'm thinking of calling it quit forever.

I acknowledge that God exists, but, I don't think he's with me anymore. I can't keep going through my issues and looking up to God and he's just there being silent.

This is a God I could have given my life for in the past. Why has he abadoned me in my trying times even though I've not been faithful as I was for close to 5 years.

3 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
peggywebbs:
I think everyone loses faith everytime but I don't think you have lost faith in God. It's more like you've lost faith in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself how do you want God to believe in you?. It's like going for a job interview and concluding in your mind that you didn't get the job. How will you convince your interviewer that you have what it takes.

Many people come on nairaland talking about how much they have dedicated to God and how they have been disappointed. You live everyday, you breath the oxygen and you don't have to pay for it. You can do anything you want and nobody owns your life because God gave it to you.

You are a master of yourself. If you are free to do what you want, then you should be able to face the life's challenges. I remember when I was going through a difficult time, someone told me God doesn't give you what you can't handle. Today I look back at that situation and wonder how I got out of it. It's not like its over, every year I grow older, challenges get even tougher but you know what I'm still here. It has made me stronger.

Do you want a God that will pamper you and make you weak, or are you looking for a God who is a puppy and will always want to please you because he doesn't want to upset you.

He sees beyond what you see, if only you could look beyond that negative situation that hurts you and embrace the positive things in your life. It could be your siblings, your parents, your children or your loved one. There is a lot to gain in life than being angry with God. He has given you the earth to enjoy it, what more do you want?

Hmmmmm.
Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
mine was very simple: i only have to look around me... and realize that there cant be a god in the sky with so much innocent people suffering and dying on this earth (since like forever). if there is a god up there, then i want no part with that evil clueless demon who let millions of innocent people dying daily!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by peggywebbs(f): 9:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
Well that's where you are wrong. You can't blame God for the deaths and suffering. He didn't cause it, we did. You can blame you and I for the greed, bitterness, anger, corruption and other vices.

What do you want God to do to stop people from being wicked, because we have won't stop. The heart of man is evil and as long as we don't change, we will will remain enemies of ourselves. Whether you and I believe in God or not, people will still be killed, not by God but by ourselves.

So don't blame religion. Its a humanity problem.

MrBrownJay1:
mine was very simple: i only have to look around me... and realize that there cant be a god in the sky with so much innocent people suffering and dying on this earth (since like forever). if there is a god up there, then i want no part with that evil clueless demon who let millions of innocent people dying daily!

2 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by falcon01: 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
when I realize that suffering wouldn't end, innocent people dying for stuffs they know nothing about, and elites using religion as a tool to control the mind of the gullibles and anything I pray for and didn't work for never comes, but anything I work for and never prayed for happens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
peggywebbs:

Well that's where you are wrong. You can't blame God for the deaths and suffering. He didn't cause it, we did. You can blame you and I for the greed, bitterness, anger, corruption and other vices.

what you are actually saying is that therefore "god" has absolutely NO POWER over Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes etc, that are happening with something that HE "supposedly created?! really?!

what you are actually saying is that therefore "god" has absolutely NO POWER over innocent children/infants/people dying with diseases etc abi?

what you are actually saying is that therefore "god" has absolutely NO POWER over someone going to church and praying from morning to night, and getting hit by a truck as they step out that same church, abi?

if that is indeed the case then whats the use of believing in that "god" that is obviously useless to our lives?

What do you want God to do to stop people from being wicked, because we have won't stop. The heart of man is evil and as long as we don't change, we will will remain enemies of ourselves. Whether you and I believe in God or not, people will still be killed, not by God but by ourselves.

yet that same "god" will claim to be stronger than evil?! really? then you have to accept that this "god" is indeed useless to our lives. why then pray and believe all the rubbish written in the bible? why waste time going to church if the devil is stronger than your "god" and innocent people are dying all over the world?

who "supposedly" created that same humanity? so your "god" supposedly created humans but when these same humans fukc up, its not that "god" problem any longer abi? what a selfish thing to say. when these same human are doing something good, are you not the ones who will be quick to pretend that this is "god's work"_ what you wrote is HYPOCRISY at its highest!

yet you would expect these same humans to follow-follow that religion, with their "god" who solves actually NOTHING, abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by Evangkatsoulis: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
In 2013 or so.
No event happened tho.
Just began to see God as unnecessary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by jesmond3945: 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
CsRockefeller:
Good day everyone.

is it lack of job?
Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by peggywebbs(f): 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2019
Yes yes and yes. We are not chess pieces and I don't believe in a God that will tamper with our lives just because he wants to protect us.

Nuclear emissions, war, poor hygiene and many other factors cause diseases, now we can reduce all this if we change but are we ready to change?

Diseases are not from God, please and please, we have herbs, and a lot of innovations to treat them. I'm sure those medicinal plants didn't just appear, and I'm sure they were not as a result of a lab experiment.

The brain we use to think whether negative or positive things God created it. We are the most intelligent animals on earth. You see, our brain is a mystery and no scientist can make a tissue as intelligent as our brains.

You blame earthquakes on God? Really? I'm sure you're aware that scientists are planning to dig the moon. Let's not even begin to talk about the harsh chemicals that we continue to use to harm the earth.

I'm sure you want God to be the fixer, well he is not. You haven't even seen God but you hate him. You hear he made all the beautiful things on the earth and put you there to enjoy it. Now you blame him for the genocide, suicide, murder, war, diseases and all sorts but you haven't even seen him. You don't know what he looks like, he never visited the earth but yet you want him to fix the bad things that we do to ourselves.

Isn't that selfish, what you're saying is murderers should walk free, because with the wave of a hand the person they kill will get up.

Or are you looking for justice, then you will be proposing that God kills everyone that is bad so the world can be good. Well I assure you that will be everybody because we have all been bad at some point.

Or better still, you want him to clean out our minds so we can think good and the world will be like a fairy tale, then I'm sure you will call it mind control.

Well God is not your problem, if you don't know him, haven't met him, if he hasn't wronged you then you have no reason to hate him. Hating God makes you no different from the people who kill others for no reason.

MrBrownJay1:

what you are actually saying is that therefore "god" has absolutely NO POWER over Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes etc, that are happening with something that HE "supposedly created?! really?!

what you are actually saying is that therefore "god" has absolutely NO POWER over innocent children/infants/people dying with diseases etc abi?

what you are actually saying is that therefore "god" has absolutely NO POWER over someone going to church and praying from morning to night, and getting hit by a truck as they step out that same church, abi?

if that is indeed the case then whats the use of believing in that "god" that is obviously useless to our lives?

yet that same "god" will claim to be stronger than evil?! really? then you have to accept that this "god" is indeed useless to our lives. why then pray and believe all the rubbish written in the bible? why waste time going to church if the devil is stronger than your "god" and innocent people are dying all over the world?

who "supposedly" created that same humanity? so your "god" supposedly created humans but when these same humans fukc up, its not that "god" problem any longer abi? what a selfish thing to say. when these same human are doing something good, are you not the ones who will be quick to pretend that this is "god's work". what you wrote is HYPOCRISY at its highest!

yet you would expect these same humans to follow-follow that religion, with their "god" who solves actually NOTHING, abi?

1 Like

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by subtlemee(f): 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
It shook a little in 2015 when I was with a fraudster for over 2yrs with vain hope of marriage and the relationship later crashed when all the lies came out in the open and I was like why would God even allow me meet such a person then make me waste 2yrs of my precious life,time and resources over what won't work but I didn't lose the faith and it had grown back over the years ....I now understand there was something he wanted me to learn from the experience and I'm still trying to figure it out

3 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
jesmond3945:
is it lack of job?

Yes, and some other issues.
Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
subtlemee:
It shook a little in 2015 when I was with a fraudster for over 2yrs with vain hope of marriage and the relationship later crashed when all the lies came out in the open and I was like why would God even allow me meet such a person then make me waste 2yrs of my precious life,time and resources over what won't work but I didn't lose the faith and it had grown back over the years ....I now understand there was something he wanted me to learn from the experience and I'm still trying to figure it out

So sorry about your experience.

1 Like

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
peggywebbs:
Yes yes and yes. We are not chess pieces and I don't believe in a God that will tamper with our lives just because he wants to protect us.

Nuclear emissions, war, poor hygiene and many other factors cause diseases, now we can reduce all this if we change but are we ready to change?

Diseases are not from God, please and please, we have herbs, and a lot of innovations to treat them. I'm sure those medicinal plants didn't just appear, and I'm sure they were not as a result of a lab experiment.

The brain we use to think whether negative or positive things God created it. We are the most intelligent animals on earth. You see, our brain is a mystery and no scientist can make a tissue as intelligent as our brains.

You blame earthquakes on God? Really? I'm sure you're aware that scientists are planning to dig the moon. Let's not even begin to talk about the harsh chemicals that we continue to use to harm the earth.

I'm sure you want God to be the fixer, well he is not. You haven't even seen God but you hate him. You hear he made all the beautiful things on the earth and put you there to enjoy it. Now you blame him for the genocide, suicide, murder, war, diseases and all sorts but you haven't even seen him. You don't know what he looks like, he never visited the earth but yet you want him to fix the bad things that we do to ourselves.

Isn't that selfish, what you're saying is murderers should walk free, because with the wave of a hand the person they kill will get up.

Or are you looking for justice, then you will be proposing that God kills everyone that is bad so the world can be good. Well I assure you that will be everybody because we have all been bad at some point.

Or better still, you want him to clean out our minds so we can think good and the world will be like a fairy tale, then I'm sure you will call it mind control.

Well God is not your problem, if you don't know him, haven't met him, if he hasn't wronged you then you have no reason to hate him. Hating God makes you no different from the people who kill others for no reason.

I can feel the passion for.your faith behind your posts. It's good though.

1 Like

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2019
peggywebbs:

again, more hypocrisy from your part....your holy book clearly does state that (to name just a few):
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one"

Psalm 34:19
The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;

we can now confirm WITH CERTAINTY, that everything written in the bible is a pile of ARRANT BULLSHIT!

you mean war, diseases and poor hygiene that have been here since biblical days?!? so many wars, slavery and pain have been created by Religion?

you are just one of them HYPOCRITES who want to use your holybook for your selfish agenda.... yet in that same holy book of yours, it is well documented that your "god" brought disease and illnesses upon millions of people. he solely created these same diseases that you are now blaming on pollution etc bwaaaaaah...here read a few more verses:
Exodus 15:26
He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”

Deuteronomy 7:15
The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you.

Deuteronomy 28:22
The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish.

so what you are saying is that your "god" created the brain, but not how people use it? it makes no damn sense if a man can use his brain to kill all xtians then whati s the use of religion then?!

WANDAFUL!!!!!!
a scientist will give you proof as to how the earth was created, but YOU (religious people) will say that your "god" created the earth, yet when we have hurricanes and what not, you will be quick to blame whatever nonsense for it?!?!?! shouldnt you religious people blame your god for it (aka the "supposed" creator of that same earth) then?!?!?
here is what your holy book says:

Jeremiah 32:17
“Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

... yet he cannot fix earthquakes and hurricanes that killed millions of innocent people, abi?

your hypocrisy stinks, as your holy book clearly states COUNTLESS TIMES that you "god" is indeed the fixer of everything and that nothing is impossible for him....here again:

Jeremiah 32:27
“I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Luke 18:27
Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

... but now suddenly, an earthquake/hurricanes, diseases and demons are too difficult for your "god" to fix, abi?

shouldnt that wave of a hand instead protect that innocent person and destroy the devil?!?!?!?! most people pray for good health and a long life....as the holy book says:

Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

... but now you are telling us all that a person can pray for good health and a long life AND suddenly die of diseases or being murdered by a demon?!?!?!

thats what your holybook says it will do... protect you and never forsake you! yet the majority of innocent people are dying of diseases, murder, evils and whats not. makes no damn sense!

if your "god" supposedly created that same brain, there should be no evil strong enough to corrupt it....

how can i hate something that aint real and have no purpose on earth (or to mankind)?!?!?! bwaaaaaah!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by jesmond3945: 9:05am On Nov 22, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Yes, and some other issues.
1. You have to change your mind about work. Going to church and reading the bible is good but that would not make you to have a job.
2. Go to church and read your bible because you love God and not because you are expecting anything from Him.
3. If you want a job, apply for it. if a job needs a skill you dont have, try and get that skill.
4. Dont select jobs, dont compare yourself with other people.
5. If the state you are living in is a boring one, try and migrate to a better state.
6. Relate with God on a personal level, dont follow pastor around or 'carry' church for your head.
7. The some other issues you mentioned if they are financial, then keep them on hold till you have the money. Don't allow things pressure you.
I dont blame you sha because I was in the same state with you. In Nigeria, there is pervasive laziness and what we are supposed to do with our hands we always going to church, sowing seed and so on.

4 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by OtemAtum: 10:10am On Nov 22, 2019
I lost mine in 2015/2016 New Year Eve/New Year Day. It was a revelation I got from Atum the brother of Yahweh that changed me till present day. Then I was given the Book of Universal History and till today I am still getting more revelations daily.
Check out the Book of Universal History through this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by frank317: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
peggywebbs:

Me think that everyone who believes in God does not really believe in himself in the first place.
Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by Suspectzero(m): 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
I realised what utter nonsense and bullshit religion was/is when i took a Religion class as an elective in University.
Learning about the history of the 3 Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity & Islam) and how they evolved through the years showed to me that there was no God giving directives to anyone, just a bunch of human beings subjectively deciding what goes and what doesn't.

As time moved forward, Religion kept adapting to the times (Just as it still does till this very day). In fact a lot of Biblical stories were adapted from other more ancient religions of the time. Everything going on in the world then made perfect sense to me. The senselessness made sense. Because God plus the madness of this world makes no sense at all.

Infantile people who are afraid of this cold world and the eternity of death are those that continue to cling to religion because it has 1.) promised to deliver them from "evil" 2.) Ensure they live forever and never truly die and cease to exist forever.

It is fear that keeps people religious. Fear of the world around them and fear of permanence of death. Which is why impoverished nations like Nigeria have the most religious people, Life is so hard and torturous that they need religion to turn to to tell them every thing will be okay in the end. Imagine if they realized all they came to do in this world is suffer all through out and then die. Could most handle the truth?

Western developed nations that enjoy riches, are well educated and have access to the best things modern civilization has to offer realize there is no need to enslave your self to some mythical creation in order to live an enjoyable and fruitful life. They are not desperate and in need of an irrational set of beliefs in order to endure their life because their society is in good order and affords them great opportunities to lead fulfilling lives devoid of extreme and inhumane suffering.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by frank317: 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
peggywebbs:

Acually, people who believe in a God they have not seen do not really believe in themselves.

It's utterly useless to be grateful for being alive to a being one has never seene. Oxygen that we breath is not here because of us, we are here because of it. It's not like we are here to live forever. If u Thank God for being alive today, u will still die tomorrow who will u blame for it? If it's God's doing that we are alive, what exactly is he doing when we die, banging his wife?

this is more like it. The most sensible thing u have said. We are actually a master of our selves, this means God is useless. We only have ourselves to deal with our problems.

Ummm I really want God(if he exists) to pamper me. Who needs to be strong when he has a God that pampers him. Why must anyone be strong to face life challenges when he actually has God. What exactly is this God duty?

His seeing beyond what we see makes no senses to us if he can't use it to pamper and make life simple for us. It is useless when after seeing beyond what we see, we are just still a master of our life.

2 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by frank317: 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
peggywebbs:

U are just indirectly preaching that we just have to believe in a God that is useless to us.

1 Like

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by Martinez39(m): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
CsRockefeller:
Good day everyone.

Don't lose your faith in god because you are frustrated and angry that he didn't grant your desires or helped you out. If you must lose your faith, let it be on the ground of sound reasoning. Either god exists or not. Are there evidences or sound arguments for the existence of any of the religious gods? NO! The existence of any god has no basis in reality. God is nonexistent. All religions are accepted by faith instead of evidence or a sound logical basis.

1 Like

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by Martinez39(m): 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
subtlemee:
It shook a little in 2015 when I was with a fraudster for over 2yrs with vain hope of marriage and the relationship later crashed when all the lies came out in the open and I was like why would God even allow me meet such a person then make me waste 2yrs of my precious life,time and resources over what won't work but I didn't lose the faith and it had grown back over the years .... I now understand there was something he wanted me to learn from the experience and I'm still trying to figure it out
You presumed for no good reason that your ordeal was meant to teach you something? Why didn't God just communicate the lessons to you? Were the lessons necessary? Oops, you haven't completely figured out what lesson it is. grin

1 Like

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by frank317: 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
Martinez39:
You presumed for no good reason that your ordeal was meant to teach you something? Why did God just communicate the lessons to you? Were the lessons necessary? Oops, you haven't completely figured out what lesson it is. grin

LOL, he/she understands what she/he is yet to figure out.

Religion can make one start to thinking like NEPA wire in an ajagunle face me I face u street.

1 Like

Re: At What Point Did You Loose Your Faith? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:07am On Jan 22, 2020
Any Pastor or counsellor in Lagos who can help me with some sessions of prayer and counseling, I will really appreciate it.

I'm at my lowest ebb and gradually fading away.

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Pope Celebrates Palm Sunday Mass In An Empty Church (Photos) / How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" / Spirituality Vs Materialism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.