Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War (22336 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Blasts PDP, APC For Calling For Prosecution Of Ekweremadu’s Attacker / BREAKING NEWS! Nnamdi kanu blasts again / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Buhari, His Wife And Others In Fresh Broadcast From Israel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nowenuse:

The core-north will never give anybody a restructured Nigeria cos the status quo favours them.
Our only option is to agitate for independence, then when it shakes them so much, we can dialogue and settle for a restructured country based on our own terms.
How many other tribes are calling for this independence that will shake the north? Why isn't the midst belt, Yoruba's and Niger Delta calling for it.
So Ndigbo must be the scapegoats part 2 for such clamour. The one that happened before how did it end up?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Danzakidakura:
i am ashamed for you, you will be better when you stop hating on MNK.

And Kanu with his morons in IPOB will be better when they stop hating others... grin

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Johans1991: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
Angelfrost:
I disagree with a lot of things said and done by Kanu, but he is spot on here....

What exactly scares our leaders whenever people mention referendum, resource control, devolution of power, decentralization of government, and regionalization??!... Why are we so stuck in our thinking??!....
Ask Nnamdi Azikiwe and Ironsi
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

Yes he did solicit arms in America. It is legal for anybody to solicit arms, especially in America that has given people the right to bear arms

What matters is if he got arms and if he used them illegally

Those who already have arms and are killing thousands every year are getting rewarded with Ruga.

That means that Nnamdi Kanu should be given a national award for only soliciting since those who went far beyond soliciting are getting rewarded

That's how he turns logic upside down for his morons to believe. Was the arms he solicited in US to be used in US? didn't he clearly state that he's using same in the "zoo"? You can bear arms in US but not in the zoo. So, the zoo laws, not US laws were applied. Simple grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
desmond2pk:
What is wrong for soliciting for arms to defend yourself?
Didn't buhari solicit for arms and even encouraged his supporters to kill innocent people?

Buhari is a retired army general, former head of state & current President of the most populous black nation in the world. He's entitled to, not just arms, but armed security! Who is Cownu? grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

You better forget SNC or a restructured Nigeria, the core North will never allow that, not even in a million years

But you expect the same core north to give you Biafra? grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
BRASH:
. U have d time to quote a slowpoke.if NK should get the support of any world power to go to war, nigeria is finished. I pray it doesn,t happen. Instead of these idiots to demand for good governance, they choose to worship and lick the anuses of their opppressors because of tribe and religion thinking they are sophisticated. I,am not igbo, bt i admire the courage and tenacity of NK and ipob in figthing for their right. i hope that some day, their agitation will bring to an end the injustice going on in this contraption called nigeria without bloodshed

Oga, abeg check the difference between bravery & bravado.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
It will happen. Only a matter of time.

It has started happening. LGAs will soon be autonomous...
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Kennyswagzz: 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
When will this coward come to Nigeria?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

He called for arms? So your headache is the call he made?

But you're in a country where Niger Delta militant cultists, Killer herdsmen, Boko haram and ISIS West Africa are all armed and killing people daily

But your headache is the person who is making a call for arms? Lol

And who told you IPOB are not killing people especially those within their ranks but opposed to their ideology
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

People like you have been saying the same since the war ended in 1970. The core North will never allow an SNC nor Nigeria to restructured. The simple reason is that the current structure favours them. So why would they agree to a restructured Nigeria that does not favour them?

Nigeria will never be restructured because the core North will never ever allow it.

And you believe a vote northerner will give you referendum? grin

But a core northerner, PMB, with another northerner, Lawan, have already given the nod for local government autonomy. Something no core southerner had the balls to venture into.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Nowenuse: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
How many other tribes are calling for this independence that will shake the north? Why isn't the midst belt, Yoruba's and Niger Delta calling for it.
So Ndigbo must be the scapegoats part 2 for such clamour. The one that happened before how did it end up?

I am a leader of a middlebelt group and I am in support of secession. I hope to start enlightening and mobilizing our people to this effect in the nearest future. Infact I have already started, but it will take at least 1-2 years from now before it becomes national/official and widespread cos our group is just upcoming.

Other regions will join Igbos with time to come as we realize how fraudulent Nigeria is.

The thing is that Igbos should never take up arms until the 2 other regions (middlebelt, Niger delta or Yorubas) join the struggle.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
Tranquillity360:
What are the things you are doing to get your restructuring?

Since Kanu escaped the attack by nigeria army,how many times have we hear noise for restructuring.

We are not against your restructuring,if you get restructuring we will drop biafra and join you in your one nigeria chant.

Do your thing while we do ours.

Which is more important: noise for restructuring or real action got same? As we speak, local government autonomy is as good as done & dusted. More loading...
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by BluntBoy(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

Let's say I ask around for a gun to rob a bank. I never hot the gun and I never robbed the bank. I can actually be charged for the intention of robing a bank? What exactly would the court be evaluating? Spoken words? I could easily say to the courts that I never intended to rob a bank and the case would be thrown out since intention proven by mere spoken words alone. The only time the intention can be proven is if I actually got the gun

The same applies to Kanu

You don't have to get what you solicited for. Soliciting a weapon for the intent to commit a crime is criminal solicitation.

Read more on criminal solicitation.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

Let's say I ask around for a gun to rob a bank. I never hot the gun and I never robbed the bank. I can actually be charged for the intention of robing a bank? What exactly would the court be evaluating? Spoken words? I could easily say to the courts that I never intended to rob a bank and the case would be thrown out since intention proven by mere spoken words alone. The only time the intention can be proven is if I actually got the gun

The same applies to Kanu

Why do security agents arrest people just loitering around on mere suspicion? So, when a student in school comes out openly & starts shouting that he will shot people, the school authority will just leave him alone & ignore him because, maybe, he wasn't brandishing any visible gun as at the time he was making such reckless shouts? They should only deal with the situation only when they see him actually shooting people?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
zibya:
In Africa, secession means war. Simple and plain

Not just in Africa; globally. Is Catalonia in Africa? What if the Kurds? Are they Africans too?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Godsonjoe:
A call for referendum is not a call for war... period.
Someone says that he doesn't want the union and unity, is not by force. biafra freedom is inevitable by ChukwuOkike Abiama

Ignoramus grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by gidgiddy: 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Bishop4real:

Why do security agents arrest people just loitering around on mere suspicion? So, when a student in school comes out openly & starts shouting that he will shot people, the school authority will just leave him alone & ignore him because, maybe, he wasn't brandishing any visible gun as at the time he was making such reckless shouts? They should only deal with the situation only when they see him actually shooting people?

In other words, to talk is a crime? If the school authorities should report the student, what would police arrest and charge him for? Talking?

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Gerald454:

He has always said that if any body have a better way to achieve Biafra or bring a better way of life for Biafrans, that the person should bring it up. So i urge u to come up with ur solution or remain useless or die if u dont have one.

But he turns around to tag such fellows saboteurs, efulefus, FGN paid agents etc...
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by gidgiddy: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
BluntBoy:

You don't have to get what you solicited for. Soliciting a weapon for the intent to commit a crime is criminal solicitation.

Read more on criminal solicitation.

My question is how do you drive intent by mere talk? That's an impossible thing to do

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Emceesaka: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
I don't have any grudges against Mazi Nnamdi Kanu but let the coward just come to Nigeria and bury his biological mother then go back to wherever he based. Shikena

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by allcomage: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
mozona:

guy he does not need to say it out but action speak louder than voice.

and let me pass this question to you "if tomorrow BIAFRA materialize (with what he has done so far) who will be the president? who will the igbos vote for?
I am not an IPOB but going by their proposed constitution, there will be no almighty federal government president to lord over others. It will be collegiate presidency by eleven tribes of biafra as shown on the rising sun coat of arm. The action will at regional level.eg Uroboh, Ijaw, efik prime minister. You get it?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
Godsonjoe:
Who are you before the British amalgamated you... there is odudwa republic, ariwa.... but when biafra is mentioned Earth quake will be happening everywhere in nizooeria... It's better everyone go there separate ways for peace to reign.. Ethiopian did it, nizooeria can do it... live let's live

Go back & check the history of your community & thatvof other communities especially in the SE. you will realize that most of them are products of conquests of war. Did the British conquer the entity called Nigeria today or not? What's the significance of "independence" of 1960?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by gidgiddy: 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
Bishop4real:

And who told you IPOB are not killing people especially those within their ranks but opposed to their ideology

If IPOB was killing people or killed anybody you would have heard of it by now and even seen the body on social media

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
Godsonjoe:
You talk baselessly... what concern her Dead Mom with his diplomatic movement.. his family will all be around for the burial... you have not seen people buried there parents without there presence... biafra restoration is inevitable

Why did he insult our sensibilities by claiming that his mother was sacrificed for the Biafra restoration struggle? Why did he claim the struggle killed his mother? If he buries his mum without coming, then he's a confirmed coward. Didn't he castigate others like Iroanya when they couldn't make it to such burials?

By the way, which diplomatic moves are you blabbing about? With who? Where? When? grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nowenuse:

I am a leader of a middlebelt group and I am in support of secession. I hope to start enlightening and mobilizing our people to this effect in the nearest future. Infact I have already started, but it will take at least 1-2 years from now before it becomes national/official and widespread cos our group is just upcoming.

Other regions will join Igbos with time to come as we realize how fraudulent Nigeria is.

The thing is that Igbos should never take up arms until the 2 other regions (middlebelt, Niger delta or Yorubas) join the struggle.
The bolded is the right approach. Non violence. However, Ndigbo have not in general agreed to get secession from Nigeria. IPOB don't represent the wishes and aspirations of our people. They're just a group headed by some loquacious illiterates abroad and they are within their rights to aspire for whatever they deem fit. Ndigbo haven't formed a consensus group yet, our people and intelligentsia's are still observing from the sidelines. Hopefully, we will in the long run. We'll meet other ethnic group in the negotiation table when that time comes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by LZAA: 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
Biafra died in 1970. It was never an intention of Ojukwu or the eastern leaders to form a new country, it happened out of necessity. Ojukwu himself has repeated severally that Ndigbo should only retain the Biafra of the mind as a technological and intellectual struggle to achieve black emancipation and not the other way round. In his books and speeches, he has always informed Ndigbo to go into politics and fight for a better Nigeria as well as our rights instead of isolating ourselves. Ojukwu even led the way by contesting national elections and even went as far as forming a national party.
Nnamdi Kanu on the other hand is simply a product of a failed society. Our country has failed us overtime and rather than challenge bad leadership and put an end to the status quo he derailed into more divisive approach. A better Nigeria where everyone is treated equally should be our fight and not secession.
The same ojukwu that did an interview in 2001 supporting biafra
Bros u might choose to be an efulefu but please no come here dy lie abeg
Funny enough u are always active on igbo/biafra matters
Hmmm
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
Godsonjoe:
MNK. don't need to be afraid of anything, he was once in nizooeria... so he is afraid of anything, until his diplomatic movement is completed, then he will come back as he promised. for her Dead Mom in mutuary, when the time of burial, his family will all be present there

Diplomatic moves indeed grin. That's a great tactic to keep his morons hopeful grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by LZAA: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
The bolded is the right approach. Non violence. However, Ndigbo have not in general agreed to get secession from Nigeria. IPOB don't represent the wishes and aspirations of our people. They're just a group headed by some loquacious illiterates abroad and they are within their rights to aspire for whatever they deem fit. Ndigbo haven't formed a consensus group yet, our people and intelligentsia's are still observing from the sidelines. Hopefully, we will in the long run.
So following ur post
Pete edochie,chinwetalu agu,bob manuel udokwu,anne briggs,abaribe and ekweremadu are illiterates
Chai chai chai stop exposing ur ignorance for christ sake
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed helinues

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
LZAA:

The same ojukwu that did an interview in 2001 supporting biafra
Bros u might choose to be an efulefu but please no come here dy lie abeg
Funny enough u are always active on igbo/biafra matters
Hmmm
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed
Show me the interview where he supported the call for Biafra or remain silent. MASSOB propaganda is not needed here.
I hope you know that the same Ojukwu contested for Presidential election in 2003? He didn't end there, he welcomed all Presidential aspirants to his Enugu home, Buhari, Yar'adua, Atiku etc. The same Ojukwu even endorsed Jonathan for Presidency in 2011.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by BluntBoy(m): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

Nigeria is supposed to follow the law. The law does not work based on prediction, it works based on facts. To say that you wont fold your arms and watch another terrorist group emerge is to criminalise Kanu and his group based on future predictions. That's is wrong.

That means that the security forces can arrest you tomorrow and deal with you because they predict you might become an armed robber in the future

Tell me, what means of the law has Kanu utilized so far in his bid to get a referendum?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by BluntBoy(m): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

My question is how do you drive intent by mere talk? That's an impossible thing to do

Read this, please:

Therefore, a defendant can be convicted of soliciting, even though the person refuses and the solicited crime is never perpetrated, as long as the intent that that crime be committed is present.
https://definitions.uslegal.com/c/criminal-solicitation/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Presidency: Why Buhari Can’t Wait To Leave Office – Femi Adesina / DSS Must Arrest Fani-kayode For Incitement: Atiku Hails British Envoy / 2023 Election: Wike Hit Out At EU Over Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.