Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,264 members, 7,954,032 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War (22748 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Blasts PDP, APC For Calling For Prosecution Of Ekweremadu’s Attacker / BREAKING NEWS! Nnamdi kanu blasts again / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Buhari, His Wife And Others In Fresh Broadcast From Israel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Bishop4real: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

If IPOB was killing people or killed anybody you would have heard of it by now and even seen the body on social media

Which media? The same one he's already condemning & accusing of bias? have you heard of systemic cunts coded killings?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by LZAA: 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
Show me the interview where he supported the call for Biafra or remain silent. MASSOB propaganda is not needed here.
I hope you know that the same Ojukwu contested for Presidential election in 2003? He didn't end there, he welcomed all Presidential aspirants to his Enugu home, Buhari, Yar'adua, Atiku etc. The same Ojukwu even endorsed Jonathan for Presidency in 2011.
Oga xavi and pique played for spain yet are still pro catalan
Pep still wears his yellow ribbon to support catalonia
Oga stop posting lies here
Infact i doubt u are igbo at all
The particular ojukwu interview was done in Washington and is still on youtube
Btw biafra was never an ojukwu declaration
ALL igbos wanted to leave nigeria and told ojukwu so

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by allcomage: 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
Emceesaka:
I don't have any grudges against Mazi Nnamdi Kanu but let the coward just come to Nigeria and bury his biological mother then go back to wherever he based. Shikena
When my dad died, some siblings were not around and it was a huge success. Why do you insist he must be around? His father is there to bury his wife and other of their children. Kanu must not be around.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
LZAA:

So following ur post
Pete edochie,chinwetalu agu,bob manuel udokwu,anne briggs,abaribe and ekweremadu are illiterates
Chai chai chai stop exposing ur ignorance for christ sake
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed helinues
I thought I was talking to somebody before? From what I know so far, ony illiterate Chinwetalu Agu supports IPOB.
OK, let me follow your logic and accept that the list above are IPOB members? Why then did you guys beat up Ekweremadu your supposed member and accuse him of supporting python dance? The only advanced illiterate in that group is supreme director. Still only God knows where he finished his only schooling?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Lot13(m): 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Kanu is a joke. He should come and bury his decaying mother asap.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by gidgiddy: 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
The current structure favours them because the south is divided. We're too divided and the north uses these loopholes to outsmart us.
The two biggest tribes in the south are always at loggerheads. The British implanted this division among us and since then we ourselves keep doing things worse. Had the British not created a Western and Eastern region, do you think Azikiwe and Awolowo would have had that mistrust. A southern Nigeria with a unity of purpose would have had a Zik as Prime Minister and an Awolowo as a Premier of the south and not the other way round. Both working together as Herbert Macaulay had wanted. But because the British never wanted a progressive Nigeria they handed power to conservative and religious controlled north that would keep this country docile and stagnant.
Today, the Yoruba man sees the Igbo man as an enemy and the Igbo man on the other hand is wary of the Yoruba's and don't want anything to do with them politically.
Until the Yoruba and Igbo swallow their pride, and look for common uniting ground to work together this country will remain in northern hands. Imagine we had a southern patriot as President in the mould of Buhari of the north or an Awolowo of the NYM era of the 1930's the south would have held her destiny in her own hands. What this country need now to be free and progressive is a southern patriot that would unite the Igbo's, Yoruba's and all progressive ethnic group this contraption has held down.

All this long talk. In other to restructure Nigeria or even hold an SNC, the constitution must be changed. To change the constitution, you need two thirds of the national assembly to vote for it. Just the core North alone(NW&NE) control about 40% of the national assembly.

Even if the entire South and the North central voted for Nigeria to be restructured, they will never reach the two thirds majority needed.

Forget restructuring, the core North will never agree to it because it wont favour them

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

All this long talk. In other to restructure Nigeria or even hold an SNC, the constitution must be changed. To change the constitution, you need two thirds of the national assembly to vote for it. Just the core North alone(NW&NE) control about 40% of the national assembly.

Even if the entire South and the North central voted for Nigeria to be restructured, they will never reach the two thirds majority needed.

Forget restructuring, the core North will never agree to it because it wont favour them
The core north will even agree to a restructuring first, than allow a secession?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by LZAA: 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
I thought I was talking to somebody before? From what I know so far, ony illiterate Chinwetalu Agu supports IPOB.
OK, let me follow your logic and accept that the list above are IPOB members? Why then did you guys beat up Ekweremadu your supposed member and accuse him of supporting python dance? The only advanced illiterate in that group is supreme director. Still only God knows where he said he finished his only schooling?
You guys?
Gbam i knew it you are definitely not igbo
Second ekweremadu got beat cuz he wore a Nigerian attire to an igbo event where biafrans were
Also ekweremadu never supported python dance and spoke against it
Stop twisting tales

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by gidgiddy: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
BluntBoy:

Read this, please:

Therefore, a defendant can be convicted of soliciting, even though the person refuses and the solicited crime is never perpetrated, as long as the intent that that crime be committed is present.
https://definitions.uslegal.com/c/criminal-solicitation/

This is same as criminal incitement. That's not what I'm talking about. If a person asks around for a gun to rob a bank, if he never got the gun and never robbed the bank, the act of asking around for a gun cannot be incitement or solicitation. It would require being inside the persons head to prove intent
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by LZAA: 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lot13:
Kanu is a joke. He should come and bury his decaying mother asap.
Yet u follow him up and down and play his speechesgrin
Kanu amaka
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by GMbuharii: 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
OK, let me follow your logic and accept that the list above are IPOB members? Why then did you guys beat up Ekweremadu your supposed member and accuse him of supporting python dance? The only advanced illiterate in that group is supreme director. Still only God knows where he finished his only schooling?

Deeply concerned self appointed minister of Igbo affairs lolsssssss

grin grin grin
lzaa immhotep

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Jachim: 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu is indeed Nigeria,s nightmare. Whenever he snissed the ZOO
Trembles.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by GMbuharii: 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
Show me the interview where he supported the call for Biafra or remain silent. MASSOB propaganda is not needed here.
I hope you know that the same Ojukwu contested for Presidential election in 2003? He didn't end there, he welcomed all Presidential aspirants to his Enugu home, Buhari, Yar'adua, Atiku etc. The same Ojukwu even endorsed Jonathan for Presidency in 2011.

Self appointed General overseer Igbo affairs lolsssssss

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by LZAA: 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
GMbuharii:

Deeply concerned self appointed minister of Igbo affairs lolsssssss

grin grin grin
lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by BluntBoy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

This is same as criminal incitement. That's not what I'm talking about. If a person asks around for a gun to rob a bank, if he never got the gun and never robbed the bank, the act of asking around for a gun cannot be incitement or solicitation. It would require being inside the persons head to prove intent

You obviously don't know much about the law.

There is a difference between words of mouth and words of mouth together with other acts.

For instance, you go to a bank and say to the cashier, "I am going to rob you?"

You have no weapons on you. The cashier might signal for help, but there is not so much the police can charge you by.

But supposing you go to the cashier and say "I will rob you now" and you reach for a knife lying close by. Even if you didn't get the knife and so didn't end up robbing the bank, your act constitutes criminal threat as your verbal threat and your reaching out for the knife are evidence of an intent to commit the crime you have threatened to commit.

You go to a gun seller and tell him, "I am going to rob a bank".

That is a threat, but not a criminal threat.

The law states that to establish intent, one or two acts must happen one after the other or simultaneously.

So, saying you will do something is not criminal, and no intent is present.

But supposing you go to the gun seller and say, "give me a gun, I want to rob a bank!"

The intent to commit a crime is present.

While you will have your time in court, you can be charged based on that intent.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Nowenuse: 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

People like you have been saying the same since the war ended in 1970. The core North will never allow an SNC nor Nigeria to restructured. The simple reason is that the current structure favours them. So why would they agree to a restructured Nigeria that does not favour them?

Nigeria will never be restructured because the core North will never ever allow it.

Thank you for telling this to UdechiHD.

I used to be among the fools who believed in clamour for a restructured Nigeria (no offence to him). Until I had to smell the coffee.

Nobody will ever want to loose from a position that favors them, especially when they are in charge.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Nowenuse: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
UdechiHD:
The bolded is the right approach. Non violence. However, Ndigbo have not in general agreed to get secession from Nigeria. IPOB don't represent the wishes and aspirations of our people. They're just a group headed by some loquacious illiterates abroad and they are within their rights to aspire for whatever they deem fit. Ndigbo haven't formed a consensus group yet, our people and intelligentsia's are still observing from the sidelines. Hopefully, we will in the long run. We'll meet other ethnic group in the negotiation table when that time comes.

This is quite correct.
But Nnamdi Kanu has a very large support base.
He represent the aspirations of the common Igbo man.
He has gotten the largest support of Igbos under one umbrella since Ojukwu. This means a lot.

Anyway, it would be very very nice to see a more enlightened and reasonable Igbo man who will lead a secession group in Nigeria, someone who will be more diplomatic and reasonable in his dealings. However, this may never come or such a person will never be taken seriously. Sometimes, being unreasonable is what make some things work.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Brightchibuzor: 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nigeria is a scamme, all hail biafra

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Akuruoulo(m): 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2019
ProudDick:

So that’s why he went to USA to solicit for arms. Then why back down? Let him start killing Nigerians so he will be given amnesty. Or is it a case of cowardice?

U SPEAK OUT OF STUPIDITY AND ILLITERACY

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by slimderek(m): 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
Olamsoh:
Nigeria to Ghana by air right now is about 160k

Germany to Italy is €30 , that’s about 12k

This is insane !
Dude it's 40k
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
who is cownu? Drink his urine alone I beg
no leflendum no erection in Anambra next year unless u give us a leflendum
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Kpoikpoi: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
NwekeUG:
IgbereTV reports that leader of Indigeous people of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has said that the Nigeria Media portrays any call for referendum as a call for war.

The IPOB leader made this known on Twitter. He said:

As Ethiopia conducts Referendum in its Sidama region, one is reminded of a similar referendum through which Adamawa became part of Nigeria. Today any demand for referendum is deemed call for war. Why? It’s because Nigeria media portrays it as such just to please the ruling Cabal.

Recall that IPOB had requested for a referendum which the Nigeria federal government refused to grant them. But the IPOB leader is currently seeking assistance of foreign bodies and leaders for the actualisation of the state of Biafra.

According to IPOB, the referendum is to ascertain number of those who want Nigeria politics and those who want Biafra freedom through a peaceful and democratic process for the sovereignty of Biafra nation.

Earlier in 2019, IPOB fixed a referendum for February 16, 2019 same day Nigeria was to hold its presidential election. The referendum was in the form of a sit-at-home order to biafrans, to avoid participating in the Nigerian election which according to IPOB leaders will show to the world that the Biafra people is no longer satisfied with the Nigerian leadership and would therefore want a nation of their own. Though the order was not fully complied with in the biafran region, Biafrans are still waiting for Nnamdi Kanu who is still outside the country, to tell them the next step to take.

https://twitter.com/MaziNnamdiKanu/status/1197865161907982338?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1154915/nnamdi-kanu-blames-nigeria-media-govt-cabals-labelling-referendum-war/
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Kpoikpoi: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
Can you stop posting this nonsense?
Find a job if you have none.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Victorex001(m): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
mozona:

guy he does not need to say it out but action speak louder than voice.

and let me pass this question to you "if tomorrow BIAFRA materialize (with what he has done so far) who will be the president? who will the igbos vote for?

Are you listening to yourself at all Chief? What actions are you talking about? Same one the government sent soldiers to kill innocent protesters he mobilized.

Forget about President of Biafra, let the Biafra come first before Nnamdi Kanu was born Biafra has been existing...He’s not the founding father of Biafra.

If you’re Igbo you can equally start actions too...
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Victorex001(m): 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
voltron14:

He wants to be president of Biafra hence his reason for inspecting the Biafra Secret Service as seen in this photo .

Your point pls??
So do you want to be president of Biafra yourself?
Or are we gonna seat and be talking who’ll become the president of Biafra while still in Nigeria?

Even if he becomes the persistent of Biafra...President term de ends.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Area4Area: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

Yes he did solicit arms in America. It is legal for anybody to solicit arms, especially in America that has given people the right to bear arms

What matters is if he got arms and if he used them illegally

Those who already have arms and are killing thousands every year are getting rewarded with Ruga.

That means that Nnamdi Kanu should be given a national award for only soliciting since those who went far beyond soliciting are getting rewarded
Did he at any point say he wanted the arms to battle Nigeria?
Not even an American can say and remain a free man
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by bobobri(m): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
who is cownu? Drink his urine alone I beg
i just hate it when people talk about this shit
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Area4Area: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
solmusdesigns:
grin

foolish man isnt gaining much media traction and he is blaming the media, but when he got all front page media he felt like a God, now that almost 6 of his broadcast never made headline he is crying fowl of the media lol cheesy (he has dictatorial tendencies and ability to fault media for his own shortcommings) ,

Lamidi Kanu should either come home to bury decaying mum (rirp to her soul) or send the Turkish and US forces biafrans paid for to get the corpse

You forgot to add the Israeli forces too
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Nowenuse: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

Thank you very much for this analysis.

The core-north (Hausa fulani Kanuri) and other northern muslims control about 40% of legislative seats (especially the house of representatives).
Everything was designed to favour them.

Let us look at the senate where we can get some hope, unlike the House of rep where Kano state alone has up to 14 seats and all other SE states have 6 each.

There are 109 Senate seats in Nigeria and two-thirds of this is 73 seats.

Now add all the seats in the South (51).
You need 22 more seats from the north to complete this.
The north central has only 19 seats + FCT. It is still not enough and a good percentage of North-central like Niger state and parts of Kogi/Nasarawa and even Kwara is politically with the core-north based on religion/emirates.

These places in the north-central who are loyal (controlled) by the core-north can be readily replaced by some areas from North-east and North-west who are minority groups dominated, like parts of Taraba, Adamawa, Southern Gombe and Southern Kaduna and we are back to the same place!

How easy will it be to bring all the Southerners and middlebelters/northern minorities under one tag in the first place?
It's an impossible job and very futile!

Cc UdechiHD.

So even this restructuring of a thing will never see the light of the day without the support of the core-north, hence it is a waste of time and effort.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by zibya: 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
AlusiIyi:
[s][/s]
Oga bloodykiller please add me to your list
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Area4Area: 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
desmond2pk:
What is wrong for soliciting for arms to defend yourself?
Didn't buhari solicit for arms and even encouraged his supporters to kill innocent people?
Go to America and solicit for arms to destroy it and see if you'd be a free man in minutes by the time the CIA has picked you up

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War by Vcblinks(m): 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
Omoodua007:
Look at the shameless Igbo coward lacking balls

Like his forefathers when the heat got to much he escaped via Atlantic Ocean
Descendants of slaves
bastards at least he has the balls to talk out better than u cowards that left ur son because of useless vp that is a house boy in power.afonja and stupidity is truly identical

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Reportedly Rides Donkey To Abuja For Buhari(photo) / One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape / Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.