Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (76540 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by showafrica(m): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2019
ALPHABASE:
YOU MEAN THAT HE, BOLA AHMED TINUBU USED TO BE A SECOND IN COMMAND TO EL-CHAPO LET US NOW ALL AGREE THAT CRIME IS A RESPECTER OF NO TRIBE OR RELIGION

I REST MY CASE

One niggarrr guy says.. If you are a real niggarrr, you will know that there is nothing like genuine money.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by OmoManU: 7:46am On Nov 23, 2019
TheShopKeeper:
...I can't believe this is happening...
Why won't you? Fact is there are few clean billionaires in Nigeria
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Dedetwo(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
Tinubu's case is different; Tinubu was involved in money laundering (wire wire fraud) and drug trafficking syndicate in the US. So they caught him and he forfeited the money for them and returned back to Nigeria.

Onyema's own is his money which he sent to US using false documents. Both are crimes but different crime committed; Tinubu involved in drug trafficking and wire wire whole Onyema involved in document forgery as alleged by the publication

Is this document produced by the USA? How is it comfortable for USA to declare a document is forgery if/when the origin of such document is not USA?
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by DexterousOne(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
This is what happened.

Onyema didn't steal America's money neither did he stole any money from America. He only used a false document to move his own money in Nigeria to his registered company account in the US.

The question should be, where did the money he moved from his Nigerian bank to US bank came from

Mind you, Onyema was among the real estate moguls that sold most lands in Banana Island, he sold over a hectare or more.

So $20million is a small money because Onyema sold close to 2 hectares of lands in Banana Island during the said time and 1 plot of land in Banana Island back then should be around $1million which is around 20 plots of land.

All he needs to do is get good attorneys, and provide clean evidence how the money came about and why he used fake documents of a non existent Aviation company in the US to receive money.

This is not BEC fraud.

His case is different

Money laundering is the case against him
Not stealing of money

Money laundering is a serious offence

What you typed does not downplay the gravity of the charges

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by amaridigital(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

Knowing the nature of the non strategic government we have today, Our government might likely play ball with the yanks and throw the man and brand under the bus. American will always lookout for it's own regardless.

Airpeace is succeeding where Nigerian Airways failed. This is a national asset that must be protected at all cost.

Blaming Nigerian Govt already? So soon?

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Topmaike007(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2019
johnmartus:
Will you keep quiet and stop defending criminal. The facts is that you can't stop pig from bathing inside the dirty water.
he is still a suspect not yet a criminal
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by DexterousOne(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2019
OmoManU:

Why won't you? Fact is there are few clean billionaires in Nigeria

Or anywhere

But worse in Nigeria
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by AngelicBeing: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Nigerian Business men must learn to make these international transfers very transparent as any hanky panky usually get the American feds to start being supicious ... So they have been hiding under the guise of plane purchase to move looted money out of Nigeria .
Gbam
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by hisgrace090: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

Knowing the nature of the non strategic government we have today, Our government might likely play ball with the yanks and throw the man and brand under the bus. American will always lookout for it's own regardless.

Airpeace is succeeding where Nigerian Airways failed. This is a national asset that must be protected at all cost.

Nigeria must drop "at all cost" survival boasting to be seen serious.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Truth234(m): 7:48am On Nov 23, 2019
Ayoefa:

Some just want to make it look like it's just a case of money transfer from Nigeria. It's deeper than that. I actually like this guy and I sure hope he can beat the charges. There's bank fraud involved here. The Feds do make mistakes but not in a large case like this. When they come for you, they have done their homework very well and they will catch you by the balls. No escaping. Been through it and still standing. Mr Oyenma wil go through the painful process and will come out of it sooner or later. Chances that his businesses will survive this is slim to none. Unless the Nigerian govt decides to step in for National security reason as this is the only truly national airline for now. I sure hope the govt. will give this man all the support he can get without appearing as if they are supporting a criminal

That is why I stopped responding to her, the fraud was committed in 2016 according to DOJ. Meaning they've spent 3 years investigating Onyema activity, hence the discovery of his money laundering activity. It is going to be a long painful process and bigger than you highlighted as Air Peace's new aircraft acquisition contracts would suffer as manufacturers will now be demanding more documents or even conduct higher verification to ascertain sources of their funds. It's going to be tough unless govt stepped in.

Also, it is not possible for Onyema not to have an idea he is being investigated as his account would have been frozen prior to now, this may be one of the reasons he moved to evacuate 600 Xenophobic victims in South Africa few months back. He has Nigerian sentiment!.

6 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by LordAdam16: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2019
wristbangle:

Sure that some business men compromise at a point to keep their business from bankruptcy but apply tact and smart approach.

Good suggestion you brought up there. Stakeholders can't watch their money swim away except appointing someone but do you think they won't know about this shady deal? Just asking...

All business men compromise.

Even Carlos Slim the richest South American is a cartel kingpin (#5 on the Forbes List). But he kept his affairs in Latin America separate from his interests in the US (such as SafeLink--the largest Lifeline ETC) to eliminate cross-contamination. He's been watched like a hawk, he knows it, and acts accordingly. To further safeguard his interests, he's in league with the three-letter agencies (CIA/NSA/DEA) to help maintain the balance of the drug-trade.

Shareholders expect the leadership of their company to do whatever it takes to be profitable. Including breaking the law, if they can get away with it. They do not need to know the exact details because that'd amount to "conspiracy" to commit a crime.

That's why they give the C-suite generous compensation packages and stock options.

It's also why CLO's are paid extremely well, usually like CFOs and COOs. Because they are the thin line between competing and getting caught with your hand in the jar.

Allen would not have made that error today. It's embarrassing. Around $50b leaves Africa illegally each year through the usual suspects, and this dude just walks in the front door with "I AM SHADY" stapled to his forehead.

$20m in one transaction. America. To a company account you directly own. Fake documents.

Even in Nigeria, you don't act so foolishly. Madam PEJ used her domestic workers for a reason. Ayomide in LASU, Okoro in Ekpan, will not make such an error.

I'm not even mad that he implicated himself directly. He could literally pay someone $100k to put a whole lotta gone between himself and the scheme (to avoid culpability). It's that he could make such a daft error. IRS/DEA/FBI agents must have been making the discoveries and getting angry because it seemed like he was daring them.

I think he should be excommunicated until further notice. It's nothing personal, just business.

-Lord

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Kenturkey048(m): 7:48am On Nov 23, 2019
Ayoefa:

It's an opinion, not based on FACTS. We are still allowed to have opinions. I'm probably not far from the truth anyway.
you are very far from the truth...Allen oyeama is a very wealthy man..mama peace owns nothing in air peace ..he uses peace as his brand...He is professional lawyer,a business man that's also into real estate,,he is among the pioneers of banana island..He established air peace and started paying his staff for about two years before the set company started functioning..

Now the money he transfered was His..nor be NGO give am money...He only used his NGO company because NGOs are not taxed in Nigeria...
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jaxxy(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2019
YungMillionaire:

That's not how it works buddy. If you submit an export letter of credit, both the importer and exporter must abide by the conditions. By submitting the letter of credit to US banks, Onyema was claiming that the planes had been delivered to Nigeria. This is FRAUD. In this case it appears the importer (Onyema) sent the money and the exporter (also Onyema) did not deliver the goods. So at least one of the two Onyemas committed fraud/money laundering.

Now let me explain to you what Onyema did again. Onyema laundered 20 million dollars from Nigeria into America by pretending to import airplanes from America. The money entered Onyema's US accounts but the planes were never delivered even though the LC claimed othewise.

Ok he claimed the planes where delivered? Or Sm where were actually delivered and Sm weren’t? I don’t care if onyema sub contracted to himself or his son it’s done by a lot of businessmen.

I know he took delivery of sm planes recently.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by bigiyaro(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:

What American interest is he in direct competition with? He buys only American planes
he can afford to recolonize all American customers, at least from Nigeria.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by pressplay411(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

American businessmen and politicians commit far worse than you could ever imagine.

When they get caught, they also face the law.
Two wrongs don't make a right sir. Unfortunately we think it does.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by johnmartus(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2019
Shame you lack ability to comprehend.
Dedetwo:

At least, the money belongs to air peace. It was meant to be used in purchase of aircraft built by USA instead he bought aircrafts built by Canada. Onyema did not defraud any bank either home or abroad.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Dedetwo(m): 7:52am On Nov 23, 2019
Truth234:

Stop saying what you don't know. Tinubu had money laundering issue that was resolved many years ago before wire fraud became prominent. Nothing like wire fraud, check on DOJ.

Onyema didn't just falsify documents, he actually secured $20 million fraudulently from US banks using the identity of a supposed manager that had no knowledge of aviation industry to sign them and pushed them through banks. The manager is an American and already talking.

This fund was secured in 2016 and up until now, three years later, it has not been returned. Why if not fraud?

I guess you can read but comprehend. He did not secure any cent from USA banks.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by zakir007(m): 7:52am On Nov 23, 2019
wwwihy:

Stop all these your conspiracy theories. Do you think everyone is gullible as you are. Use your IQ before spilling trash here. You narration is like secondary school students
Honestly. The guy is just misyarning. If truly they see him as a threat to their business will they have been able to harm his reputation if he was clean? Everything is conspiracy to them. Nigerians!
Even they (DEA) said he is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. Let's just wait and see how things unfold. I don't think Nigeria will extradite him to the US sha
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by nedekid: 7:53am On Nov 23, 2019
YungMillionaire:

The money that flows from importer to the exporter through an LC agreement belongs 100% to the exporter. Any attempt to divert ANY of it is fraud for which both the importer and the exporter would be liable. What Onyema did here was use the name of one on his US LLCs as the exporter of the aircraft.
Yes. I agree with you. He used one of his companies as exporter to beat the system and not that the source of the money is fraud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by olasco2035: 7:54am On Nov 23, 2019
one thing that is sure about the Igbos is that. they never make money through clean ways.....itz in their DNA....latee they will be shouting Igbo Amaka
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 23, 2019
They see Africans as push over/around, because Africans has no leaders every Tom Dick and Harry thinks they can slap us and kick and get away with it.

They're trying really hard to steal all our businesses home and abroad.

Eff them all.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by DexterousOne(m): 7:55am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

exactly.. i mentioned pages ago that this is a problem.. this isnt EFCC

Once USA seeks his extradition, which they will, then Nigeria govt has to arrest him and proceed towards that.. and yes Buhari will gladly extradite him.. Cant mess up relationships with USA over one man..

Entering a plea deal = prison time
Fighting charges in trial = LOOONG prison time.

Moving = Maybe Russia? lol but they might grab him while he transits smiley

Now he has been indicted it means the USA has already flagged him.. Once he flies out of Nigeria they will grab him.. doesnt matter if he goes to Dubai, UK, Spain, Canada, etc..

Kashamu was not extracted
So I doubt this man will

But then you can never predict Buhari
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by MoIbrahim: 7:55am On Nov 23, 2019
Leave this man alone o. He is the only one we have right now
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by DexterousOne(m): 7:56am On Nov 23, 2019
olasco2035:
one thing that is sure about the Igbos is that. they never make money through clean ways.....itz in their DNA....latee they will be shouting Igbo Amaka

What is this one sayin
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Gerald454: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2019
J111333:
It will be a surprise to see a wealthy businessman with no iota of fraud in him so I'm not really shocked.
I'm only mad that this is coming at a time he is being celebrated for his recent good deeds.
Well, crime is crime and he has to take responsibility for his misdeeds good man or not.
I hope and pray he is proved innocent of this crime though.

People when get sense no dey come online everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Hidentity(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2019
Hizzy:
This is the out come of being IGBO he would've answered ALIYU or MOHAMMED but his parents named him Igbo name but as he has grown he would've named him self Aboki name
Does this make any sense to you?
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by AngelicBeing: 7:58am On Nov 23, 2019
ornicus:
The denial and ridiculous conspiracy theories being thrown around are amazing.

This is really disturbing because it forces you to wonder how many real actual businessmen we have in this country, and how many are really criminals using businesses as a front.

I said earlier that the FBI has declared war on Nigerian fraudsters, the same way the dea declared war on colombian drug cartels in the 70s and 80s.

We have no idea how far down the rabbit hole we are going to go, and how many more Nigerians will be exposed.

We are back to that question of organic growth. How many Nigerian businesses wEre acorns that grew into trees and how many were mushrooms that appeared overnight?
l agree with you, the searchlights is beamed heavily now on Nigeria / Nigerians from visa refusals to sniffing out fraudsters from Nigeria, what a shame to be a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by zakir007(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2019
Truth234:

That is why I stopped responding to her, the fraud was committed in 2016 according to DOJ. Meaning they've spent 3 years investigating Onyema activity, hence the discovery of his money laundering activity. It is going to be a long painful process and bigger than you highlighted as Air Peace's new aircraft acquisition contracts would suffer as manufacturers will now be demanding more documents or even conduct higher verification to ascertain sources of their funds. It's going to be tough unless govt stepped in.

Also, it is not possible for Onyema not to have an idea he is being investigated as his account would have been frozen prior to now, this may be one of the reasons he moved to evacuate 600 Xenophobic victims in South Africa few months back. He has Nigerian sentiment!.
Because he knows he can appeal to their(nigerians) emotions when his deeds finally catch up with him. Now they will criticise the government if they hand him over on the US. ANYWAYS, he is presumed to be innocent for now.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by nedekid: 7:58am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

business men do it everyday through India & China imports.. not through USA.

and Its a CRIME, just because Nigeria doesnt prosecute doesnt mean its not bank fraud.

If youre a rich man and your money is clean, walk into your bank and transfer your funds..

Oga, you cannot walk to Zenith bank etc and wire anything.
Why do you think you have a limit per bvn on the amount of forex you can spend with you cards or even bta per person per year?
See the wahala to even transfer school fees sef.

There are people who wire millions of $ daily legally and they have no problems..
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Westernlove: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2019
showafrica:

One niggarrr guy says.. If you are a real niggarrr, you will know that there is nothing like genuine money.

Thank u man, This Is what I've been telling some gullible retards on that NestOil thread. We have too many stupid and gullible people In Nigeria.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by ODVanguard: 8:00am On Nov 23, 2019
Kanade21:

In fairness to Linda Ikeji...she got into the blogging game around 2005/6...back when the interent space in Nigeria was very small, not many Nigerians even had links to the interent, talkless of home internet and 90% of browsing was done in cafes.

By the time home internet came around in 2008//9...Ikeji was in prime position to reap the benefits.

Sometimes the early bird does catch the worm.

Na so. Linda na hustler but no be from blogging she see 500-mill take buy house for Banana Island and maintain her kind of lifestyle. There was a time she had issues with Lagos tax folks and she even denied owning her Banana Island home, so go figure.

No be from blogging Linda hit am big. #Fact. No be blogging dey sustain am. That's just the truth. Though I understand her fans would rather believe such fairy tale narrative to stay motivated.

I have a close Efcc friend (an Ogbomosho-born 'strong' guy) who was amongst the guys that busted Mompha, and he made me understand that the charms they found on him were more than what was recovered from his Eko Atlantic-resident Lebanese associate; that they literally saw hell before they could apprehend Mompha.

My point is, a lot of these people are not doing normal hustle. Forget. Some even use jazz.

Sometime ago (I think it was last year), a popular Yoruba actress (Lola Marga.ret) was arrested, convicted and deported from the U.S based on fraud charges (she was using an account that one of her 'clients' opened for her while on vacation, to cash dud checks, until her luck ran out) . She's just one of the unlucky few. The 'smart' ones don't attempt such 'runs' in the U.S. though. Things dey happen.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Forex Trade Alerts / Okwudili Umenyiora 'Eric Manny' Parks 2018 Lexus Jeep In His Sitting Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.