Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,386 members, 7,846,632 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America - Business (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (76667 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by franchasng: 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

Is this document produced by the USA? How is it comfortable for USA to declare a document is forgery if/when the origin of such document is not USA?
He forged aviation clearance and certification documents he issued from his Springfield company in the US, which was sent to his Nigerian bank to facilitate the movement of the said $20million.

So the forgery was done from US

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by AngelicBeing: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Oga, you have time Sir.

Normally when I read their nonsense I just gloss over it.

How can local 3rd rate airline company compete with any American Airline? For them to compete the route has to be LOS to East Coast of US. Only Delta does that for now. So he's practically saying that Delta Airlines is afraid of competition from Shyte Air?
Lol, Na real shyte Air from a Shyte country grin

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by franchasng: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2019
baby124:

An LC is a short term loan between banks. What do you call a letter of credit? Promise to pay at a future date and guarantee of availability of funds. Any fund not available immediately for settlement is a sort of loan.

As for a registered company, after registering as an alien, tell me how you intend to run the operations and receive revenue in the US without work visa or permanent residency?
That is not letter of credit Mr Man!!!

See the attached image below

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Dedetwo(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2019
johnmartus:
Shame you lack ability to comprehend.

Mr. Shamefulness, whether the money belonged to Air Peace or the NGO stood up by Onyema, the money is his period. Now if the LC is forged according to USA is another matter. However one wonders how USA could declare a document USA did produce as forgery. From my elementary knowledge, LC is produced by the banks of the Importer's home country. In the case, USA is not the home country of the Importer. Article also mentioned the transfer of 16 million to different banks owned by Onyema. I do not know when it became fraud to transfer money to different bank accounts owned by individual in USA.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Ayoefa: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2019
Kenturkey048:
you are very far from the truth...Allen oyeama is a very wealthy man..mama peace owns nothing in air peace ..he uses peace as his brand...He is professional lawyer,a business man that's also into real estate,,he is among the pioneers of banana island..He established air peace and started paying his staff for about two years before the set company started functioning..

Now the money he transfered was His..nor be NGO give am money...He only used is NGO company because NGOs are not taxed in Nigeria...

I can see how bad you want to support this man, truth be told, I also like this man even though I don't know him. Now let me tell you, I don't know all the facts of the case but when the FEDS come for you, your chance of winning is less than 5%. The FEDS win more than 955 of their cases simply because they take their time and do very good homework before they even present their cases t the grand Jury. If the Feds says Mr Oyenma was involved in fraud, chances are that he probably did. I have been through this same court system in Northern GA. In facts all Federal courts are like that, they moment you have a case with them, YOU ARE FVCKED. My case didn't even look like fraud yet I had to plead guilty because if I go to trial and lose, then the judge will throw the book at you when sentencing time comes around. In his case, he might have t go to trial because he's facing some real serious time especially the guy with aggravated identity theft. That one alone is 24 months apart from the real charges.
I wish Mr Oyenma the best of luck in his dealing with the FEDS. The FEDS are like piranhas, when they focus on you, their mission is to finish you by any means necessary including lying, exaggeration and a anything that will allow them to win the case.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by happney65: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2019
J111333:
It will be a surprise to see a wealthy businessman with no iota of fraud in him so I'm not really shocked.
I'm only mad that this is coming at a time he is being celebrated for his recent good deeds.
Well, crime is crime and he has to take responsibility for his misdeeds good man or not.
I hope and pray he is proved innocent of this crime though.

The fact is there is no how you will be extremely rich and your hands are clean..No how..Never Ever..That is the secret of the world..Go ask Donald J Trump,Go ask all of them..Go ask the Catholic church..

The world itself is built on Fraud!

cc Bitmapstudios have you seen this?

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Blakpot: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2019
djdutchbrah:

Nigeria's fantastically corrupt politicians and dubious businessmen need to stop embarrassing us around the world.
David Cameron is laughing right now. There is no way we can repair the battered image of Nigeria around the world.

Abeg e quiet jor! Which one is "Cameron is laughing right now"? That clown that put Britain in the Brexit mess and resigned from his job. Who told u he's not corrupt? Did u read about the panama leaks? Btw he's lucky he's in England where they have a well functioning system. If he were in Nigeria he wouldn't be any different from our politicians.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by franchasng: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2019
baby124:

An LC is a short term loan between banks. What do you call a letter of credit? Promise to pay at a future date and guarantee of availability of funds. Any fund not available immediately for settlement is a sort of loan.

As for a registered company, after registering as an alien, tell me how you intend to run the operations and receive revenue in the US without work visa or permanent residency?
You want me to teach you work, I won't lipsrsealed grin

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Anambralstson: 8:05am On Nov 23, 2019
djdutchbrah:
I feel bad for the workers.

Don't feel bad for any workers, AirPeace has come to stay

The "Fraud" indictment of Airpeace Chairman is as a result of issues with the IRS. The IRS is the Internal Revenue Service; the revenue service of the United States federal government. That is the extent which the "fraud indictment," covers.

At the end of the day, he may actually be in the clear after paying whatever is his Tax obligation.
Many US firms often go through such conflated conflagration. The current US president is currently at the Supreme Court of the United States fighting to keep his tax documents secret. If the SCOTUS rules against him, he will most likely resign and negotiate a way out to avoid incarceration.
Whatever happens, know that the Airpeace Boss is a Black African; a billionaire black man contributing to humanity will always be a global risk. Perhaps you don't understand. But if you make little effort, you will understand that this is more like "targeting loopholes" than discovery of "concentrated fraud."

This situation was not created by his enemies in Nigeria; IRS don't work with Nigeria or with Nigerian whistleblowers.

Interestingly, investigation is still ongoing. The funds didn't come from US banks. The funds came from Nigeria and when you move funds between US banks, it is usually suspected to be "attempt at dodging certain levies" considering the name "Nigeria."
Sometimes the banks will write you and invite you for interview. A busy foreign based business man with bank domains in the US may not always meet up the dates and time of his appointment. If this happens, his transactions are turned over to authorities. The blood of IRS is money!

Nothing more than that. It is not as if he defrauded any US bank or any other entity. Air Peace is a legitimate enterprise. God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by YungMillionaire: 8:05am On Nov 23, 2019
jaxxy:

Ok he claimed the planes where delivered? Or Sm where were actually delivered and Sm weren’t? I don’t care if onyema sub contracted to himself or his son it’s done by a lot of businessmen. I know he took delivery of sm planes recently.

Since Onyema is also the exporter by submitting the export letter of credit Onyema was claiming that he has exported the planes worth 20 million dollars to Nigeria. That was why the 20 million was allowed to flow from Nigeria to Onyema's account in the US. Now, when the US bank fraud investigators noticed that 16 million of the 20 million was very quickly moved into other US accounts associated with Onyema, they became suspicious. So they began their investigation and found out the following: 1. The exporter does not sell planes 2. No planes were exported form US to Nigeria by the exporter. This is why Mr. Onyema has landed himself in deep poo poo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by browseyd22(m): 8:06am On Nov 23, 2019
Behind every success is a crime the bigger the success the bigger the crime

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 23, 2019
They just want to kill the competition. This westerns and Neo-colonalism is really dealing with Africans. His rise is a threat even to some indigenious conspirators.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Dedetwo(m): 8:07am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
He forged aviation clearance and certification documents he issued from his Springfield company in the US, which was sent to his Nigerian bank to facilitate the movement of the said $20million.

So the forgery was done from US

Thank you for the clarification. I wondered aloud why the article injected the fact that the manager of Springfield Aviation Company, LLC knows nothing about aviation.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Paentera(m): 8:07am On Nov 23, 2019
lonelydora:

Maybe he allowed politicians use his account to launder money

Very likely what happened

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by BreconHills(m): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2019
Hizzy:
This is the out come of being IGBO he would've answered ALIYU or MOHAMMED but his parents named him Igbo name but as he has grown he would've named him self Aboki name

Please stop it. I am not igbo but a resent this cycle of crowing over imaginary points scored against other tribes. First these are charges. Secondly, Nigerians must learn not to try to game the system especially when buying American products. What I see here is a man attempting to create an elaborate trade cycle in which he profits at every transaction point.

What I do not see is it being about his tribe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by AngelicBeing: 8:08am On Nov 23, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...jail time in which Country
Daura - Katsina - Nigeria, Nigeria reputation is in tatters grin
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Paentera(m): 8:09am On Nov 23, 2019
Rosskiki:

That's the thing I don't get. How do you do fraud and invest it in an airline? An airline is such a public thing that it's crazy to think you will not be looked into at some point. He should have gone into something less flamboyant, like real estate or something.

He is in real estate and there is an upper limit for real to absorb funds in billions of USD$
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by AngelicBeing: 8:10am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

irrelevant in the eyes of the DOJ. Trust me im speaking from a place of great knowledge.

A crime committed is a crime committed.. he has been indicted. After his indictment there are three options ONLY LEFT:

1. Go to usa and go to court (he will lose, as the DOJ attorneys dont have to prove his money is clean or dirty.. All they have to prove is he lied which he did and the jury will convict on that)

2. Go to usa and plead guilty and get smalller jail time.

3. Fight extradition and become a fugitive and never leave Nigeria again.

Thats it!
Chai, Onyeama is finished shocked
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by IFezki96: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2019
madridsta007:

LOL. Shows how ignorant you are.

The fraud that American businessmen and women commit caused the GLOBAL financial crisis in 2007/2008 that lasted for years and threw the whole of the Western world and other parts of the world into recession.

The level and magnitude of fraud British business men from London commit can buy off countries in Africa and Asia. That’s why they quickly look for an African resource-rich country to do a coup in order to recoup their money. What drove Margaret Thatcher’s son to plan a coup in Madagascar? The coup that Robert Mugabe squashed? Why do you think the British hated him? Asides the black land ownership, his Secret Service did not allow any British Coup in Southern Africa.

Panama Papers of Tax dodgers and Tax Frauds, which nationalities filled the list?

Get a book and read.
You know nothing.

it wasn't Madagascar but Equatorial Guinea in year 2004,,

Get your facts right before spewing trash...

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Anambralstson: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Chai, Onyeama is finished shocked
Onyema is not finished, he didn't defraud any US bank or any other entity. Air Peace is a legitimate enterprise.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Kenturkey048(m): 8:13am On Nov 23, 2019
Truth234:

That is why I stopped responding to her, the fraud was committed in 2016 according to DOJ. Meaning they've spent 3 years investigating Onyema activity, hence the discovery of his money laundering activity. It is going to be a long painful process and bigger than you highlighted as Air Peace's new aircraft acquisition contracts would suffer as manufacturers will now be demanding more documents or even conduct higher verification to ascertain sources of their funds. It's going to be tough unless govt stepped in.

Also, it is not possible for Onyema not to have an idea he is being investigated as his account would have been frozen prior to now, this may be one of the reasons he moved to evacuate 600 Xenophobic victims in South Africa few months back. He has Nigerian sentiment!.
the fraud wasn't committed three years ago..in fact no fraud was committed..he transferred money from his Nigerian bank account to his States bank account for air bus purchase.but later changed his mind for some reasons known to him.he later transferred $16mil out of the receiving account to another of his bank account..what went wrong here was not doing the actuals with the transfered fund which prompted the financial history of his Atlanta business bank statement..

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Timileyin1234(m): 8:15am On Nov 23, 2019
Some people are waiting for this man downfall

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jaxxy(m): 8:16am On Nov 23, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Since Onyema is also the exporter by submitting the export letter of credit Onyema was claiming that he has exported the planes worth 20 million dollars to Nigeria. That was why the 20 million was allowed to flow from Nigeria to Onyema's account in the US. Now, when the US bank fraud investigators noticed that 16 million of the 20 million was very quickly moved into other US accounts associated with Onyema, they became suspicious. So they began their investigation and found out the following: 1. The exporter does not sell planes 2. No planes were exported form US to Nigeria by the exporter. This is why Mr. Onyema has landed himself in deep poo poo.

If dangote wants to buy a refinery and he gets the loan and decides to send the money to his subsidiary which can also make the payment for the refinery if and when required on his behalf what is the problem?

The Americans shud let the Nigerian bank creditors worry abeg. Or did they complain they are being defrauded
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by SalamRushdie: 8:16am On Nov 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

He did not buy USA planes this time around. He bought Canadians made planes lately. How could he launder money when the money is his and he had functioning company in air peace?

All his planes are Boeing's and Boeing is American and the Embraers he signed for recently is not Canadian but Brazilians and it's also owned by Boeing

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 23, 2019
Yahoo ni Babaalawo
No 5 honest billionaire in Nigeria
Not easy to become a Billionaire if you are not a fraud Except some people that there fathers had stolen public funds for them

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Truth234(m): 8:16am On Nov 23, 2019
Kenturkey048:
the fraud wasn't committed three years ago..in fact no fraud was committed..he transferred money from his Nigerian bank account to his States bank account for air bus purchase.but later changed his mind for some reasons known to him.he later transferred $16mil out of the receiving account to another of his bank account..what went wrong here was not doing the actuals with the transfered fund which prompted the financial history of his Atlanta business bank statement..

A whole DOJ indicted someone for fraud, a username on a faceless forum says no fraud was committed. Wow I believe you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Sagay212: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2019
alezzy13:

That's the point. He's not a politician (at least for now) who can steal money blindly and no one gives a hoot. He's a career businessman with international connections. Cooperate image of the airline is at stake

So you think he has no strong connect with politicians? You think all this huge money being mentioned is solely from his business?
Na only USA go make noise and charge him. Nothing go happen for here because by the time he begins to cast the real donors to the NGO, everywhere go burst ooo.
Let the US do whatever they want according to their law. They'll probably have him forfeit the money. Business will move on and if they refuse to sell airplanes to him, him go buy from other countries and ensure the payment process is clean and pure. Simple.

Nothing will happen to the image of the airline. So long as it is running and the customer service and experience is super, people will patronize. The only issue that can give an airline bad image is if they have faulty airplanes, poor customer service and if there are frequent news of plane crash. Asides that, nobody gives a phuck about money laundering news with the airline. Just fly me to my destination safely.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by otokx(m): 8:17am On Nov 23, 2019
browseyd22:
Behind every success is a crime the bigger the success the bigger the crime

Interesting theory.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Goalnaldo(m): 8:17am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

This is far deeper than you think. Once Air Peace is positioning to be in direct competition with any American interest, Trust dirty to be dug up on you.
I never knew an almajiri can be this intelligent.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Ishilove: 8:19am On Nov 23, 2019
naptu2:

I saw it at 1am (before it got to the home page).
Can you please shed light on why he is commiting a crime by moving his own money?
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by YungMillionaire: 8:20am On Nov 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

Mr. Shamefulness, whether the money belonged to Air Peace or the NGO stood up by Onyema, the money is his period. Now if the LC is forged according to USA is another matter. However one wonders how USA could declare a document USA did produce as forgery. From my elementary knowledge, LC is produced by the banks of the Importer's home country. In the case, USA is not the home country of the Importer. Article also mentioned the transfer of 16 million to different banks owned by Onyema. I do not know when it became fraud to transfer money to different bank accounts owned by individual in USA.

You don't really understand how this works. Let me assist you. The export letter of credit also contains documents showing that the goods (in this case aircrafts) have been exported to their destination (in this case Nigeria). This part of the letter is supplied by the exporter (in this case Onyema's US company). Now when the letter of credit was submitted to the US bank, the 20 million flowed from Nigeria to the US accounts belonging to the exporter. So by submitting those documents Onyema/his US company committed fraud since the aircrafts were never delivered to the Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by AngelicBeing: 8:21am On Nov 23, 2019
Anambralstson:

Onyema is not finished, he didn't defraud any US bank or any other entity. Air Peace is a legitimate enterprise.
But he falsified documents and that is a serious offence in the US, this is US we are talking about and not Nigeria

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts / Bobby Max: Nigerian Establishes Coinbeats Lounge And Restaurant In Morocco / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.