Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (76444 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by budaatum: 2:28am On Nov 23, 2019
johnmartus:
What do you mean by innocent man? Forget this absolutely truth . They have make a series of investigations before make it known to the general public. Nigerians aren't stupid in case you are.
Tell them! He is buying plane from his own company that has no plane and moving the money into his personal accounts.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Antichristus: 2:29am On Nov 23, 2019
UdechiHD:
This is not fraud. The money is Nigerian owned. The problem is that he used false documents to purchase the planes.

Justifying the unjustifiable. Why won’t you people act by the rule book. So, falsification isn’t fraud in your book? This is typically the situation in Nigeria today. When people starts calling black white, over time, black remains black but would be regarded as white. This is how that silly boy from Itu Oke called fraud “common stealing”.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by baby124: 2:30am On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:

The funds came most likely from Nigerian banks
No. It will not be flagged by America if American banks did not transfer the funds. The letter of credit would have been issued by the Nigerian bank to the American bank to wire the funds to Onyema’a account. This would have triggered money laundering investigations because of the amount. You need to read up the meaning to Letter of Credit. Presenting fake documents to an American bank is a big error. Such would not have been discovered if it was a Nigerian bank.

22 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 23, 2019
Willie2015:

He is really looking stupid....
And really greedy....
When you can pay some top professionals ....
To hide your funds in Cayman Island private banks ....
And have a clean trail.... with less headache.....
He acted stupid. The Americans are not clean too, they got lots of corrupt business men doing illegal businesses.
At end it's a big loss for Nigeria if our Government throw him into the hands of the Americans. This is because both his funds and assets will be seized by them.

5 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Incandescent(m): 2:31am On Nov 23, 2019
This is bad. Real bad.. Michael Jackson

I pray he gets out of this mess quickly. This doesn't look good

7 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by agabusta: 2:31am On Nov 23, 2019
UdechiHD:
This is not fraud. The money is Nigerian owned. The problem is that he used false documents to purchase the planes.

So what is fraud if using false documents to launder money isn't?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by OneKinGuy(m): 2:32am On Nov 23, 2019
Hmmm, Let's wait and see!
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 23, 2019
Antichristus:

Justifying the unjustifiable. Why won’t you people act by the rule book. So, falsification isn’t fraud in your book? This is typically the situation in Nigeria today. When people starts calling black white, over time, black remains black but would be regarded as white. This is how that silly boy from Itu Oke called fraud “common stealing”.
Big No! Onyeama messed up. But instead of the Americans to seize these funds, let the Nigerian government seize them. the Americans are not cleans as they want us to believe.
Why are they still holding on to Abacha's loot?

10 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Dottore: 2:34am On Nov 23, 2019
djdutchbrah:

It is impossible to win against the Department of Justice. They have the best investigators in the world.

They will let Allen Onyema know the date and time he was born and what time he uses the toilet. He should just settle for a plea bargain.
Why are there still so many unsolved crimes and countless names in the list of wanted criminals in the US. Crime does not pay but don't say impossible bro. There are miles and corrupt personnel even amongst their crack detectives and intelligence operatives.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:34am On Nov 23, 2019
unbelievable. I am shocked!

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Incandescent(m): 2:35am On Nov 23, 2019
djdutchbrah:

It is impossible to win against the Department of Justice. They have the best investigators in the world.

They will let Allen Onyema know the date and time he was born and what time he uses the toilet. He should just settle for a plea bargain.

Story
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by agabusta: 2:36am On Nov 23, 2019
Incandescent:

Doesn't look good at all!

Being indicted for fraud by the US govt has the implication of shutting you out of the international finance ring.

I wont be surprised if some of those funds in his NGO actually came from politicians.

Naija politicians are now using NGOs to launder money with impunity.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by HacheNoire: 2:36am On Nov 23, 2019
UdechiHD:

Nigerian man!

You think the US is so dumb as it is down there.

Trust me, before the US come out to say fraud, their are already evidences beyond reasonable doubt.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by okenwa216(m): 2:36am On Nov 23, 2019
Las las everybody na yahoo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 23, 2019
ODVanguard:

Not just that dude. You will be shocked when you hear about how any more 'prominent' Nigerians hiding under various occupations are involved in this money laundering 'business'. From a very reliable source, heard the likes of toke makinwa, Linda ikeji, and many other celebs (most especially the 'very successful' female celebs) are involved, using blogging and oap as fronts, una no even sabi wetin dey happen. If I begin mention names, kasala go burst dude.

While I have always celebrated Linda ikejis organic growth, it was in 2015, during gejs dollar rain, that she suddenly quantum jump from black gate to banana island. A part of me felt that somebody may have given a huge chunk of Dasuki money to publish or suppress some articles. I have to wonder how many more exposes we will see

People need to stop being emotional. Financial crimes are not petty crimes. They will be investigated thoroughly, because parties involved have the funds for big lawyers. By the time you see indictments, the guy is guilty.

People forget or chose not to remember that innoson also has a case dragging with customs over false bill of lading.

Most of these things can be unraveled with forensic auditing

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by EgunMogaji2: 2:37am On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:

What American interest is he in direct competition with? He buys only American planes

Oga, you have time Sir.

Normally when I read their nonsense I just gloss over it.

How can local 3rd rate airline company compete with any American Airline? For them to compete the route has to be LOS to East Coast of US. Only Delta does that for now. So he's practically saying that Delta Airlines is afraid of competition from Air Shyte?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by tbaba1234: 2:38am On Nov 23, 2019
Incandescent:

He can't get out of this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by madridsta007(m): 2:43am On Nov 23, 2019
djdutchbrah:

Nigeria's fantastically corrupt politicians and dubious businessmen need to stop embarrassing us around the world.
David Cameron is laughing right now. There is no way we can repair the battered image of Nigeria around the world.

LOL. Shows how ignorant you are.

The fraud that American businessmen and women commit caused the GLOBAL financial crisis in 2007/2008 that lasted for years and threw the whole of the Western world and other parts of the world into recession.

The level and magnitude of fraud British business men from London commit can buy off countries in Africa and Asia. That’s why they quickly look for an African resource-rich country to do a coup in order to recoup their money. What drove Margaret Thatcher’s son to plan a coup in Equatorial Guinea? The coup that Robert Mugabe squashed? Why do you think the British hated him? Asides the black land ownership, his Secret Service did not allow any British Coup in Southern Africa.

Panama Papers of Tax dodgers and Tax Frauds, what nationalities filled the list?

Get a book and read.
You know nothing.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by EgunMogaji2: 2:43am On Nov 23, 2019
There's only very few legitimately rich people in Nigeria. Very few.

If you use machine to spray money, you're not earning legitimately.

If you throw bundles of money at a musician (one comes to mind but I don't want to die young so I won't mention the name), you're not earning legitimately.

Nigeria is filled with fraudsters, schemers, 419ers.

USA Justice system has its eyes on Nigerians. If you've been a bad boy/girl, start to put your affairs in order. I said this before with Invictus.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by saajus: 2:43am On Nov 23, 2019
O ga o. We just dey start to praise this man for the sacrifice he made to bring back our people from South Africa. He has not been convicted yet, so let me rest my case here. "The depth of wealth has dirt".

7 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 23, 2019
Allen Onyeama is in deep shit. This is another stain on our already battered international image.
Too bad. All these safe keeping of loots won't help us. Why don't the government device a means to loan these monies to entrepreneurial youths to start up businesses. At least you support them legally with documents and everything.
There are many young Nigerians out there with investment ideas who just need loans to kick start something big.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by EgunMogaji2: 2:44am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

They've got their oil and gas companies here raping our collective commonwealth dry and bribing their way through.

The drama leading to Trump's impeachment inquiry about Ukraine investigating Hunter Biden shows you how countries turn a blind eye to frauds perpetrated by Americans. This is same American that can destabilise a whole country just to go and steal it's oil. Is this not fraud

Maybe it's fraud, maybe it's not.

If you're sure it's fraud then petition EFCC to go after them grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by drakeli: 2:45am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

American businessmen and politicians commit far worse than you could ever imagine.

And do you know once their time is up, they are caught and thrown into jail. Do you know that a top Hollywood actress that has hundreds of millions of dollars just finished her jail sentence just because she paid an agent to help her daughter gain admission into one of the Ivy League universities and not by merit. That’s something we do in Nigeria with no repercussions. Another one was a thrown into jail because he paid someone to help change his child’s SAT score.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Incandescent(m): 2:47am On Nov 23, 2019
drakeli:

And do you know once their time is up, they are caught and thrown into jail. Do you know that a top Hollywood actress that has hundreds of millions of dollars just finished her jail sentence just because she paid an agent to help her daughter gain admission into one of the Ivy League universities and not by merit. That’s something we do in Nigeria with no repercussions.

Oh please.. We are talking of serious high level fraud not some crazy actor seeking validation for their child.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by IGBOSON1: 2:48am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

Nigerians are already dragging the man and his brand on twitter. America will always look after it's own. Why can't we?

I can't believe you're asking this question! Is Nigeria one! Don't you see how the usual Igbo haters have already declared him guilty and are now salivating at the prospects of Buhari and his EFCC moving in to take over his business! This is the opening they've been praying for, and if Onyeama is found guilty and these bigots seize his business then he has no one to blame but himself! He should have known being Igbo, he would attract a lot of envy and anger that a Igbo has suceeded to grow his airline business to become the largest in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by nextstep(m): 2:48am On Nov 23, 2019
Wetin happen? I don't see the fraud... can somebody please explain because he is being accused of buying airplanes for the airline... which we're seeing.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Incandescent(m): 2:50am On Nov 23, 2019
Hizzy:
This is the out come of being IGBO he would've answered ALIYU or MOHAMMED but his parents named him Igbo name but as he has grown he would've named him self Aboki name

This is very unnecessary. People like you make a bore of Nairaland

14 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by leofab(f): 2:50am On Nov 23, 2019
Members of the public are reminded that the indictment only contains charges. The defendants are presumed innocent of the charges and it will be the government’s burden to prove the defendant’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt at trial.

Bye

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by OneKinGuy(m): 2:51am On Nov 23, 2019
nextstep:
People should verify news first before posting crap
it's true, It's in US official Justice website,
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndga/pr/ceo-nigerian-airline-indicted-bank-fraud-and-money-laundering

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 23, 2019
IGBOSON1:
[s]

I can't believe you're asking this question! Is Nigeria one! Don't you see how the usual Igbo haters have already declared him guilty and are now salivating at the prospects of Buhari and his EFCC moving in to take over his business! This is the opening they've been praying for, and if Onyeama is found guilty and these bigots seize his business then he has no one to blame but himself! He should have known being Igbo, he would attract a lot of envy and anger that a Igbo has suceeded to grow his airline business to become the largest in Nigeria[/s].
Some of you are just talking with emotions. Why are you bringing tribalism into this. Allen Onyeama messed up big time and wasn't smart. He should have consulted other smart Nigerians on how they did theirs? Why even invest in aviation when you know your money isn't clean. And he still had the effrontery to take false documents to a whole America to buy planes. A whole America.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by linearity: 2:52am On Nov 23, 2019
baby124:

The banks that made the transfer of funds are American banks? Yes or no? This looks like a loan to me from American banks guaranteed by Nigerian banks. Based on fake documentation!

Not true.

No loan was involved, reread it again.

And the documents are only fake because the purchase of planes never occurred. Had it been the Atlanta based company ship them planes or are into the business of selling planes, these would have all been legit.

Put simply, they wanted to move his personal (no clue where he got the money, could have been legit or otherwise, but that is beside the point and the indictment is not alleging that he got it illegally) money from Nigeria to Country C, but for some reasons he is unable to do it. Maybe Country C have blacklisted transfers from Nigeria due to fraud.

So, they hatched a plan to move the money from Nigeria to the USA and from US to country C....but there is a problem, you can’t just transfer that kind of money into the US without a project tied to it, you have to categorically state the purpose and it has to be legit, otherwise it is money laundering.

Now, they have to come with a fiticious project/purpose for the transfer....luckily he owns various companies in Nigeria and a Company in Atlanta US, which is just a front. The Atlanta company raised invoices for the purchase of Airplanes, but they don’t sell Airplanes, and send the invoice to his Nigeria company.... the Nigeria company approached their bank for a Letter of Credit linked to monies already in their account and they send the letter of credit to the US company, which in turn prepare fake purchase documents, shipping documents etc and send it to them then they approach the Nigeria company to release the funds in their account to the account of the company in Atlanta US.

When the money lands the account in US, it is now a ‘clean’ money to be sent to country C.

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by drakeli: 2:54am On Nov 23, 2019
Incandescent:

Oh please.. We are talking of serious high level fraud not some crazy actor seeking validation for their child.

Ok. Serious high level fraud abi? Do you know that the former mayor of Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh just resign a couple of months ago over allegations of fraud of hundreds of thousand dollars. She just pleaded guilty like two days ago. She is now facing a jail sentence in federal prison. How many of our politicians have gone to jail over fraud ? Rather, they are celebrated.

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.