Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,381 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release (34329 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by salford1: 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2019
RTSC:

Even if he is guilty, he would negotiate a fine with the US govt and move on like any business man with his business intact.

He did not Rob or commit violent crimes.
Money laundering is a very serious crime in developed countries. It would attract fines to a company and jail terms to those involved. The jail term may be short though when a plea bargain is involved.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by RTSC: 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Chicastle: 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2019
BTW, business no dey move well without this USA? Their own is getting too much. They are scammers

1 Like

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by salford1: 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
RTSC:

That is less than what goes on in wall street on a daily basis.

And the SEC fines them most times.

Onyema is not resident in the US, does not pay taxes to the US, jailing him does not make sense.
Well, the rule of the game is not to get caught. If you can do the crime, then be ready to do the time as well. I can google lots of cases of wall street bankers and non wall street business men convicted and sentenced to jail for money laundering. Because some major cooperation with over 10,000 staff on payroll got a slap in the wrist (i.e pay Billion dollars in fines) for a crime doesn't mean other individuals will also get a slap in the wrist or can afford the fine.

Standard Chartered was fined $1.1bn in April 2019 for money-laundering and sanctions breaches that occured prior to 2012. Can Air Peace afford the to pay the same fine?

1 Like

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by olalekanba(m): 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Mykel51(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
RTSC:

That is less than what goes on in wall street on a daily basis.

And the SEC fines them most times.

Onyema is not resident in the US, does not pay taxes to the US, jailing him does not make sense.

I also hope and pray he isn't jailed... against all odds...I just like the man and his company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by mark2sunny(m): 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Chai, Look at the useless response from his so called lawyers, the Onyeama guy is a joker, America is not a country to joke with especially when it comes to falsification of documents, the guy is a goner wink

And you are?
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by powerkey: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2019
Igbo:
Lol. Nyamuri flat.heads were shouting ibo amaka the other day when he brought some fleet of airplanes.. we didn't know it was through fraud and shady deal!!

Now they have all gone missing, its not ibo amaka anymore grin cheesy

You're an ediotu with plate number.

I wonder what gave birth to you..

useless ewedu good for nothing urching
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by 9gerian: 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is comforting.

Now to go and prove that the allegations are wrong, and if possible sue for compensation if his rights were violated by the sensational press releases!
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by powerkey: 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Chai, Look at the useless response from his so called lawyers, the Onyeama guy is a joker, America is not a country to joke with especially when it comes to falsification of documents, the guy is a goner wink

Why are you Yorubas rejoicing?

We are waiting for you come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Sagay212: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
Make una see ipob miscreants don start to blame yorubas again ooo. Responsible igbos need to educate these ipob miscreants and stop them from embarrassing the igbo tribe.

How can you drag Yorubas into a matter that concerns the USA? Wetin happen ipob? Na wetin be una problem.

4 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by DCmonster: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
Karlman:
I see a lot of miserables whose families have never been anything near success in their entire miserable existence rejoicing over a news that will neither now or in their nearest future add any value to their suffering.

It's such a miserable existence.
Go and think of what you will eat tomorrow please, put all that your energy into it.

Hatred is the major reason you haven't made anything out of life.
No man, you got it all wrong. Majority of them have made it in life. They earn 30k per month and they will earn that for the rest of their bitter miserable lives. Only one is worrying about what he is gonna eat for the rest of the year and he is .

1 Like

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by BENARI: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
Igbo:
Lol. Nyamuri flat.heads were shouting ibo amaka the other day when he brought some fleet of airplanes.. we didn't know it was through fraud and shady deal!!

Eyaah! Didn't know you were soooo pained by the celebration o; Sorry!

Just try and block your big ears next time we're celebrating our own again, because we won't stop doing so; at least, certainly not to please an inconsequential anumanu. See that transformer on your street right? Yes, that one, you see it ehn?
Yes go hug it!

Ewu 10 naira.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by back2sender: 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
ebukamen:
Good news
What is good here, he should go to the US n clear himself up.
Thank God the US is not like Nigeria where dey sweep things under the carpet n continue business as usual.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by iswallker(m): 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

Okpo, How can he launder his own money?

He can if the money is not clean.. cool
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
I would Really really really Love to say and believe that MR Onyema will win This case.

But I am Sorry to say it is %80 likely that he will loose the case and forfeit his Money, He should Just make a plea bargain, cut his loses and move on, Rather than waste more money on Lawyers.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2019
This lawyer is a complete quack, He should just Go and make a plee bargain with the US courts Simple!
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
salford1:

Money laundering is a very serious crime in developed countries. It would attract fines to a company and jail terms to those involved. The jail term may be short though when a plea bargain is involved.
You know?, If he had Done that in the UK he would have gotten away with it, Russian crooked millionaires launder money, commits all kinda Financial crimes in The UK and gets slaps on the wrists.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by idonhammer: 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
Igbo amaka,now you can go and die miserably.

Igbo:

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by ajl: 10:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
plaindealer:
This is not about the money going through CBN, it's about money laundering through US banks and falsification of documents and false identity scams on the soil of the United States Of America.

The US is not EFCC or Nigeria where you come up with bogus, naive and goofy excuses that doesn't jive with matters o the table, take the charges seriously and start serious and credible defense on behalf of your client.

Keep your mouth quiet man! Which US justice system are you talking about. Is it not the same system that unjustly convict thousands every year for crimes they did not commit. Wrongful convictions are a common thing in the USA and they are often driven by shady, overzealous or corrupt prosecution and biased jury.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by ajl: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
gypsey:
I would Really really really Love to say and believe that MR Onyema will win This case.

But I am Sorry to say it is %80 likely that he will loose the case and forfeit his Money, He should Just make a plea bargain, cut his loses and move on, Rather than waste more money on Lawyers.

It is his money they want to collect. You all do not know what the USA economic system is built on. They feel that because he is Nigerian he probably won't be able to justify those funds. The system is there to make money for their lawyers, judges, and others. We know this because we live it daily. Not sure how long he has been investigated but his recent move to transport Nigerians free of charge put him and his company under international spotlight. It's like "lets check out this nigger". You need to understand how these people work. If the system want to get you, you can't escape it except if you are a step ahead which require extreme diligence.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Reptyle(m): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
ANSMEDIA:
Onyema denies US fraud allegations, says all money transferred went through CBN

The United States has very strong laws governing financial transactions. Their justice system is also quite efficient and thorough securing over 95% conviction rate. What that means is that if the government takes you to court in the US, there is every likelihood they will convict you because they have thoroughly investigated and established a firm case against you.

I say this because with this DOJ indictment of the Air Peace man, they probably have atleast 80 to 90% of the evidence they need before going public with the indictment.

Issuing press statements in Nigeria is a pointless exercise. He needs to hop on the next plane to the US and turn himself in to the authorities there with a view to cooperate and clear his name. If the indictment sticks and he is taken to court, he needs to appeal for the court's mercy and probably blame it all on his ignorance of the US laws. With this, he can get away with a light sentence or even a heavy fine.

The alternative is to stay in Nigeria and become fugitive or for him to launch a media war against US authorities, a battle he is bound to lose seeing how much dirt they have on him already. What is worse is that his businesses including air peace will greatly suffer as the DOJ indictment means all of his lines of credit locally and internationally will dry up. Banks will begin to call in whatever facilities they may have granted hm. He won't be able to get parts for his planes or even get them serviced. Even if he has the money to pay, no serious company outside the shores of this country will want to accept his money or have anything to do with him for fear of getting the DOJ's negative attention.

Naaah! Mr. Onyema doesn't need all of that. I strongly advise he goes to the US and face this issue squarely and courageously. I believe he will come out clean; I hope he comes out clean.

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by saintade01(m): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
ChimaAdeoye:
America loves to molest African business men. But it's okay. I knew when that guy cancelled his Boeing Max 8 orders and chose the Brazilian Embrayer jets, he was stoking American venom. They typically think blacks whether they are Americans or Africans cannot or shouldn't own multinational businesses unless it's fraud.

Allen should not be intimidated. He should quietly show them the documents for his funds transfer and then seek redress for the damage done to his personality and business.

I thought you say Trump is your friend grin

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by papermill: 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
plaindealer:
This is not about the money going through CBN, it's about money laundering through US banks and falsification of documents and false identity scams on the soil of the United States Of America.

The US is not EFCC or Nigeria where you come up with bogus, naive and goofy excuses that doesn't jive with matters o the table, take the charges seriously and start serious and credible defense on behalf of your client.

Was there any credible evidence as to why America killed Saddam and Gadafi?
Americans are the real criminals. If I tell you that Osama bin Ladin is still alive you will never believe. Fear American they will rob you and then intimidate you.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Paentera(m): 11:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

Okpo, How can he launder his own money?

Exactly why the Americans are baffled! Why would a man launder his own money or shortchange a company that belongs to him by charging a commission for each plane purchased...except if the money is not actually his!!!

If so, then there's a likelihood that the funds are laundered on behalf of someone who the Americans are interested in unravelling hence why a large part the charges in the indictment is primarily focused on money laundering.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2019
ajl:

It is his money they want to collect. You all do not know what the USA economic system is built on. They feel that because he is Nigerian he probably won't be able to justify those funds. The system is there to make money for their lawyers, judges, and others. We know this because we live it daily. Not sure how long he has been investigated but his recent move to transport Nigerians free of charge put him and his company under international spotlight. It's like "lets check out this nigger". You need to understand how these people work. If the system want to get you, you can't escape it except if you are a step ahead which require extreme diligence.
Well...From my Understanding He may be able to justify the funds, I also believe he couldn't have laundered the funds. but they would Still get him on the fact that he Allegedly falsified Documents to bring the money into the US, Perhaps he was trying to Avoid paying huge taxes i don't know.

I also don't believe that they targeted him because he is a Nigerian or because of his recent moving of Nigerians from SA free of charge. I mean, Why? And even if that's their motives they surely have succeded with their ulterior motives.

It's sad because this guy is the best thing that happened to Nigeria and Nigerians recently.

I have my own Conspiracy theory cheesy He would have been a perfect Nigerian presidential candidate After 2023, maybe, just maybe Some people are trying to stop him from running for that possition.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
Paentera:

Exactly why the Americans are baffled! Why would a man launder his own money or shortchange a company that belongs to him by charging a commission for each plane purchased...except if the money is not actually his!!!

If so, then there's a likelihood that the funds are laundered on behalf of someone who the Americans are interested in unravelling hence why a large part the charges in the indictment is primarily focused on money laundering.
Very interesting. Any Smart human would have wondered also.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Larryndelaw: 11:20pm On Nov 23, 2019
plaindealer:

He should go to USA and clear himself if he get liver. Not internet propaganda defense in Nigeria. Before USA can come out and bring charges against you, they have painstakingly done their job. Not one charge and bail Lawyer writing one stupid defence on Nigeria newspaper.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Larryndelaw: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
gypsey:
Well...From my Understanding He may be able to justify the funds, I also believe he couldn't have laundered the funds. but they would Still get him on the fact that he Allegedly falsified Documents to bring the money into the US, Perhaps he was trying to Avoid paying huge taxes i don't know.

I also don't believe that they targeted him because he is a Nigerian or because of his recent moving of Nigerians from SA free of charge. I mean, Why? And even if that's their motives they surely have succeded with their ulterior motives.

It's sad because this guy is the best thing that happened to Nigeria and Nigerians recently.

I have my own Conspiracy theory cheesy He would have been a perfect Nigerian presidential candidate After 2023, maybe, just maybe Some people are trying to stop him from running that possition.
Brother dont bring politics into these matter. Most of these CEO you see in Nigeria do some silly mistakes when doing business abroad. I know these first hand.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by HimName: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
The gworo chewing and burukutu drinking Donald Trump will not leave Igbos alone abi?

The other day, it was Invictus Obi and now, it's Allen Onyama.

The contraption called U.S must fall.

Trump and the U.S will fail.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Larryndelaw: 11:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
madridsta007:

The Head of Alegh & Co, the Law Firm, is a SAN. With Nigerian and UK qualifications. Former Head of Chamber at Wole Olanipekun’s Chamber. There are other eminently qualified legal heads in that law office. I just did a check on their website.

I’m certain they know what they are doing. More than faceless keyboard warriors. I’m sure you will agree with me.

Relax.
My brother can all the Lawyers and the chambers you mentioned come and defend him in U S A. This is another territory which these Nigeria Lawyers can't swim. They will be spectators.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by amamahdaniel(m): 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2019
Nairaland please vote for me as The Best AHOC OF THE YEAR.
My name is AMAMAH. FOLLOW THE LINK AND VOTE FOR ME. GOD will do something GREAT in ur life before this year end. AMEN.

https://headply.com/wd2ba/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UBA Publishes Details Of Forex Defaulters / Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies / 5 Things You Need To Know About Bitcoin In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.