Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release (34629 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2019
Larryndelaw:

Brother dont bring politics into these matter. Most of these CEO you see in Nigeria do some silly mistakes when doing business abroad. I know these first hand.
You may be Right. grin I did say it is my Conspiracy theory.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by webngnews: 12:01am On Nov 24, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by joepepsy(m): 12:10am On Nov 24, 2019
The world know him as a Nigerian not igbo amaka
Igbo:
Lol. Nyamuri flat.heads were shouting ibo amaka the other day when he brought some fleet of airplanes.. we didn't know it was through fraud and shady deal!!

Now they have all gone missing, its not ibo amaka anymore grin cheesy
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by tiger28: 12:23am On Nov 24, 2019
Falsification of documents.....JUST like Innoson. Oh I forgot.....it's because we are Ibos, go tell that to US Govt!
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by madridsta007(m): 12:28am On Nov 24, 2019
Larryndelaw:

My brother can all the Lawyers and the chambers you mentioned come and defend him in U S A. This is another territory which these Nigeria Lawyers can't swim. They will be spectators.

lol.

You are clearly ignorant on the basics of legal matters.

Get charged by the FBI; you are entitled to a defence counsel provided by the State if you can’t afford one or yours regardless of where yours comes from, as long as yours works with a US-based legal counsel.

This is basic knowledge, Oga.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by tiger28: 12:31am On Nov 24, 2019
FLYFIRE:
Only few days ago a certain guttered-Yelobakwe accused Air Peace of refusing him to fly with them, yesterday, Air Peace CEO is maligned for fraud. A bullion van entered someone's premises few hours before elections & the Ibadan expressway press killed it. Is this the best APC can do?
Biafra information Services.....Beer parlor info!
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by sonnie10: 12:36am On Nov 24, 2019
Larryndelaw:

My brother can all the Lawyers and the chambers you mentioned come and defend him in U S A. This is another territory which these Nigeria Lawyers can't swim. They will be spectators.
Exactly how he got into this problem in the first place. He must have used people, most likely Nigerians with no knowledge of the US banking laws and regulations to do his business. The terrains are different and requires professional with in-depth experience to navigate. Moreover, the rule are always changing.
A good example would be to employ a Doctor with several years of experience from Nigeria to work in the US just because he is old in field. Simple things like Patient Bill of Right, documentation, Medicare billing and rules regarding patient referrals would get him in serious trouble.
In business, CEOs take the heat when things go wrong. A vehicle manufacturer top executive is still serving prison time for emission case. If there is any lesson to be learned in all of these, it is that you cannot afford to be cheap in running a big business due to liabilities.

4 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by KanuSE: 12:40am On Nov 24, 2019
Gforce2015:
I'm beginning to suspect maybe one of his closest rival or brother is the one behind this scenario so as to deal with onyema

... and I won't be surprised to discover that an Igbo man is behind this case. smiley
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nature8(m): 12:45am On Nov 24, 2019
ChimaAdeoye:
America loves to molest African business men. But it's okay. I knew when that guy cancelled his Boeing Max 8 orders and chose the Brazilian Embrayer jets, he was stoking American venom. They typically think blacks whether they are Americans or Africans cannot or shouldn't own multinational businesses unless it's fraud.

Allen should not be intimidated. He should quietly show them the documents for his funds transfer and then seek redress for the damage done to his personality and business.

You nailed it bro
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nature8(m): 12:51am On Nov 24, 2019
LordKO:
Only small-minded people believe in infallibility of US establishments. Indictment isn't conviction.

This forum has the largest congregation of sententious, resentful and conceited numbskulls in the world.

SPV related case isn't a conventional fraud case.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 24, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:
Igbo Amaka

Seriously, Nairaland is being hijacked. The moniker this poster is using should earn him an outright ban, if the rules are followed.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by nduchucks: 1:16am On Nov 24, 2019
He is well advised to stay away from the US. Trump's justice department is merciless towards Nigerian white collar criminals these days.

He could agree to forfeit the funds already frozen and pay $$millions in fines for a reduced jail sentence.

If he is arrested, he may meet the same fate as Invectus Obi.

This man committed a dumb crime if the allegations are true. If you are using a company as front, at least pay taxes to the government in those countries.

Greed kii dummies dia.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by ebukamen(m): 1:29am On Nov 24, 2019
back2sender:

What is good here, he should go to the US n clear himself up.
Thank God the US is not like Nigeria where dey sweep things under the carpet n continue business as usual.

I know you are a sadist but I am confident that he already has a case.
He will still stand tall at end against your wish.
Smiles
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by DMerciful(m): 1:30am On Nov 24, 2019
Laundering means disguising the source of ill-gotten wealth. He needs to prove that the wealth is not ill-gotten and he will be off the hook
SalamRushdie:
His lawyers don't even understand what he is being charged for...the US never said he defrauded anyone but only said he laundered money in their economy
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Almajiri1: 2:24am On Nov 24, 2019
Paentera:

Exactly why the Americans are baffled! Why would a man launder his own money or shortchange a company that belongs to him by charging a commission for each plane purchased...except if the money is not actually his!!!

If so, then there's a likelihood that the funds are laundered on behalf of someone who the Americans are interested in unravelling hence why a large part the charges in the indictment is primarily focused on money laundering.
Okpo, If you and the American government can't prove that the money is proceeds of crime, Get ready to be sued for damage to his good reputation and brand.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Almajiri1: 2:27am On Nov 24, 2019
nduchucks:
He is well advised to stay away from the US. Trump's justice department is merciless towards Nigerian white collar criminals these days.

He could agree to forfeit the funds already frozen and pay $$millions in fines for a reduced jail sentence.

If he is arrested, he may meet the same fate as Invectus Obi.

This man committed a dumb crime if the allegations are true. If you are using a company as front, at least pay taxes to the government in those countries.

Greed kii dummies dia.
Airpeace is here to stay.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by xelly: 2:40am On Nov 24, 2019
Igbo:
Save that emotional blackmail bullshit for the birds!!! You wish it was EFCC so you could tribalise the issue grin.. see how ur all desperately trying to be political correct because his Ibo

Lol ibo amaka grin

You can go and eat frog, he will come out stronger and better. They are not always correct and do not win in all cases. He may end up getting permit to fly USA and airpeace will become much popular rou do the globe. If buying few aircraft is the issues, China airline operators bought bought hundreds.

Igbo Amaka.
More wisdom Allen Onyema
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by nduchucks: 2:46am On Nov 24, 2019
Almajiri1:

Airpeace is here to stay.

I hope you are literate enough to comprehend simple english.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Almajiri1: 3:02am On Nov 24, 2019
nduchucks:

I hope you are literate enough to comprehend simple english.

Your chronic tribalism has always been your undoing. Prove me wrong and make a comment devoid of that.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Citizen0(m): 4:34am On Nov 24, 2019
You are a small chick that knows nothing about egg hatching. When you grow up, maybe one of the hens might tell you. When you decide to grow up.

[Aquote author=Igbo post=84297301]Save that emotional blackmail bullshit for the birds!!! You wish it was EFCC so you could tribalise the issue grin.. see how ur all desperately trying to be political correct because his Ibo

Lol ibo amaka grin[/quote]
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by nduchucks: 4:44am On Nov 24, 2019
Almajiri1:

Your chronic tribalism has always been your undoing. Prove me wrong and make a comment devoid of that.

Please point out the tribalism inherent in any of my posts in this thread and I'll gladly tender an apology. If you can't find any such post, with due respect STFU.

If you go abroad and break their laws, be ready to face the music.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Nobody: 4:44am On Nov 24, 2019
I pray for Mr Onyema with his team of defenders and CBN as the leader of his defence team. He is confidently relying on documents perfected through CBN.

Since 2014 I have written severally concerning the greatest looting of our treasury under Jonathan. Nigeria made the greatest revenue under this government and ended up in poverty under that government. Billions of dollar stolen. They looted all the oil money they made at over $100 / barrel the highest revenue in the history of Africa and borrowed heavily saving no kobo. Out of estimated $50 billion left by Obj in 2007, they looted it leaving estimated $25 billion as at May 29, 2015.

Till date, nobody knows the whereabouts of this looted fund. As I always say, what saved them is the removal of Emir Sanusi as the CBN governor and coming of Emefiele to the team of Ngozi Okonja - Iweala with Anyim Pius Anyim at the political power engine room. This Air Peace Chairman investigation would have been very easy with another person other than Emefiele as the CBN governor.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by NonFarmPayrol: 6:23am On Nov 24, 2019
Mykel51:
His lawyers are missing it...it went through CBN...Fine...Did they read the charge sheet ?

The man should travel over and explain himself before they begin extradition

Does china and Russia extradite business men to the US

Or naija must always lick the useless azz of the US undecided
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Mykel51(m): 6:28am On Nov 24, 2019
NonFarmPayrol:

Does china and Russia extradite business men to the US

Or naija must always lick the useless azz of the US undecided

NFP....Russia and China does not have extradition treaty with the US... Nigeria does have one with them ..his 14 million $ is at risk also
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by NonFarmPayrol: 6:31am On Nov 24, 2019
Mykel51:

NFP....Russia and China does not have extradition treaty with the US... Nigeria does have one with them ..his 14 million $ is at risk also

Nigeria would be foolish to do that

undecided
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by drehdinho(m): 7:09am On Nov 24, 2019
Timoleon:
The tarnishing of our image as Nigerians just Dey vex me. All these countries immigration go just Dey harsh on top person matter once den notice say u be Nigerian. Please any fraudster wey Den catch, make e talk say na Mali e come from.

I feel bad whenever I hear blacks think this way. Why would you attach so much of importance to living in another man's land.

This is one of the reasons the West will always enslave the black.

Solution to our problem is simple: the blacks should build their nation. Stop making it seem the blacks are at their mercy.

Our leaders ought to be made responsible for the malfunctioning of the government fabrics of our nation.

America and other developed nations got to where they are today because their leaders are into competition of ideas and not the cluelesness of vision our political leaders pride themselves in. For instance, a newly elected Nigerian leader having at the center of his national objective - fighting of corruption.

Does that not show cluelessness in all angles?

Fighting corruption is not to be something you hold as an objective. All you need do is to work on the enabling laws of the land.

Promulgate laws that will control the affairs of political delegates to match up with your desire of the kind of government you want.

And millions of dollars are being spent to fight corruption. Who's deceiving who here.?

African leaders don't believe in healthy continuity of government. The previous leader administration expires, all the projects that was ongoing wiil be neglected by the new administration just to proof a point that the previous administration was a terrible one.

Doing this all in the bid to win votes for a second term.

Getting things completely right in Nigeria shouldn't take more than 6 months if the president is truly serious about making a true change.

Even if the Legislative arms of government are constantly fighting him to stop him from making the changes, a president who truly thirst for a positive change will address the nation when this pressure is ongoing and demand that people fight for their right.

Buhari can move a motion for the promulgation of the popular "Hate Speech" using all his power. That goes to show that he can equally move motions to promulgate laws that will change this nation into positivity, but because he lacks the passion and has zero care for the governed, he won't do it.

I'm not referring only to Buhari, but every persons that has served this nation in a political capacity are all guilty of gross exercise of mediocrity and bad leadership.

Over 50 something years, Nigeria has not developed in one particular aspect. We are constantly in the loop of the same set of challenges - poor road, bad electricity, poor water infrastructure, and lack of job creation.

Political contestant has been using these particular set of challenges as their manifesto in Nigeria since the inception of this nation, over 50 something years ago.

When are we going to wake up as the citizen of this nation?

I'm always sad to have been born into this very nation, because this nation reeks of shame and incredible failure.

Back to the main matter, Crime or no crime, its occurrence is a regular phenomenon, regardless of the continent. It's a necessary evil in any society.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Larryndelaw: 7:14am On Nov 24, 2019
madridsta007:

lol.

You are clearly ignorant on the basics of legal matters.

Get charged by the FBI; you are entitled to a defence counsel provided by the State if you can’t afford one or yours regardless of where yours comes from, as long as yours works with a US-based legal counsel.

This is basic knowledge, Oga.
You see your ignorance. I said can your SAN from Nigeria come and defend him in usa?
Your SAN in Nigeria is a spectator in USA . just pray that you won't enter USA case, then u will know say nah charge and bail Lawyer you get for naija
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by Almajiri1: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2019
nduchucks:

Please point out the tribalism inherent in any of my posts in this thread and I'll gladly tender an apology. If you can't find any such post, with due respect STFU.

If you go abroad and break their laws, be ready to face the music.
Your chronic tribalism is self evident for all to see. The odour follows you about every comment you make regardless of how you try to mask it. My brother change.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by BigBashiru: 7:53am On Nov 24, 2019
ChimaAdeoye:
America loves to molest African business men. But it's okay. I knew when that guy cancelled his Boeing Max 8 orders and chose the Brazilian Embrayer jets, he was stoking American venom. They typically think blacks whether they are Americans or Africans cannot or shouldn't own multinational businesses unless it's fraud.

Allen should not be intimidated. He should quietly show them the documents for his funds transfer and then seek redress for the damage done to his personality and business.

Let blacks go and order planes from black countries and leave the white man alone. Parasites.
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by oshiokpu(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2019
bigfoot79:
This is a useless piece of paper, it has no value in law and it is flawed on many angles.
1. It is not signed by a lawyer,
2. It does not bear an NBA seal, and
3. The charge sheet is out
4. This publication does not amount to a defense to the criminal indictment. See the indictment sheet
Oga they never said this was a defense, but rather a press release that was meant to comment generally on the issue at hand and to control the reputational damage being done to their client on media outlets . Criminal defense doesn't happen on social media or any kind of media rather it happens in the court of law. And I believe you read where they said they are prepared to defend the charges in court because until a conviction is made, that is all they are. So don't come here and attempt to show off because you read a few legal books. Nobody likes a showoff and you're not more knowledgeable than a corporate law firm whose Portfolio includes multinationals et cetera.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by BigBashiru: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2019
drehdinho:

I feel bad whenever I hear blacks think this way. Why would you attach so much of importance to living in another man's land.

This is one of the reasons the West will always enslave the black.

Solution to our problem is simple: the blacks should build their nation. Stop making it seem the blacks are at their mercy.

Our leaders ought to be made responsible for the malfunctioning of the government fabrics of our nation.

America and other developed nations got to where they are today because their leaders are into competition of ideas and not the cluelesness of vision our political leaders pride themselves in. For instance, a newly elected Nigerian leader having at the center of his national objective - fighting of corruption.

Does that not show cluelessness in all angles?

Fighting corruption is not to be something you hold as an objective. All you need do is to work on the enabling laws of the land.

Promulgate laws that will control the affairs of political delegates to match up with your desire of the kind of government you want.

And millions of dollars are being spent to fight corruption. Who's deceiving who here.?

African leaders don't believe in healthy continuity of government. The previous leader administration expires, all the projects that was ongoing wiil be neglected by the new administration just to proof a point that the previous administration was a terrible one.

Doing this all in the bid to win votes for a second term.

Getting things completely right in Nigeria shouldn't take more than 6 months if the president is truly serious about making a true change.

Even if the Legislative arms of government are constantly fighting him to stop him from making the changes, a president who truly thirst for a positive change will address the nation when this pressure is ongoing and demand that people fight for their right.

Buhari can move a motion for the promulgation of the popular "Hate Speech" using all his power. That goes to show that he can equally move motions to promulgate laws that will change this nation into positivity, but because he lacks the passion and has zero care for the governed, he won't do it.

I'm not referring only to Buhari, but every persons that has served this nation in a political capacity are all guilty of gross exercise of mediocrity and bad leadership.

Over 50 something years, Nigeria has not developed in one particular aspect. We are constantly in the loop of the same set of challenges - poor road, bad electricity, poor water infrastructure, and lack of job creation.

Political contestant has been using these particular set of challenges as their manifesto in Nigeria since the inception of this nation, over 50 something years ago.

When are we going to wake up as the citizen of this nation?

I'm always sad to have been born into this very nation, because this nation reeks of shame and incredible failure.

Back to the main matter, Crime or no crime, its occurrence is a regular phenomenon, regardless of the continent. It's a necessary evil in any society.

Africa/ Africans are cursed spiritually Genesis 9 and GENESIS 10 says. Africans / blacks are the cursed descendants of Ham/ Canaan who was cursed by Noah to be servants of servants to Shem and Japheth his brothers. When founded the middle East. Japheth founded Europe and related people's in America
Re: Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release by ZooOga: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2019
this article is several years old. i don't know if it's factual or not.

Kingsley Kuku And Business Partner Floats Airline With Fraud Proceed From Amnesty Programme

http://www.theparadigmng.com/2014/07/08/kingsley-kuku-and-business-partner-floats-airline-with-fraud-proceed-from-amnesty-programme/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price / 5 Things You Need To Know About Bitcoin In Nigeria / Urgent : Corporate Affairs Commission - Name Search And Incorporation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.