Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? (1212 Views)

Whats The Creepiest Thing You've Seen That You Haven't Shared Anywhere? / How To Ignore A Guy That Ignores You: Ways To Gain Back The Power / I Have A Crush On My Course Rep, He Comes Close But I Ignore Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
Over to you, ye athiest.

1 Like

Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by falcon01: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
why haven't you evolved to not eat food?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by nlPoster: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2019
falcon01:
why haven't you evolved to not eat food?

I no longer eat raw meat like my ancestors, if that's what you're asking.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by mezarddinny: 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
Why have men evolved not to run after women that are harmful to them, why have women not evolved not to run after men are harmful to them?

Why has your God not be able to prevent cancer and STIs

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2019
mezarddinny:
Why have men evolved not to run after women that are harmful to them, why have women not evolved not to run after men are harmful to them?

Why has your God not be able to prevent cancer and STIs

Off point. Thanks for playing.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by eddycliff(m): 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
U neva see anytin there was this rat rat in my house that used to steal fish from ratgum...

The guy frustrate me ehh but i later caught am sha den i roast am with fuel so dat next time e go know who e dey joke with
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

I no longer eat raw meat like my ancestors, if that's what you're asking.
Because your body has evolved to suit your diet. What is the function of the appendix?

1 Like

Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
Because your body has evolved to suit your diet. What is the function of the appendix?
Evolved? No. Because fire was invented.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
eddycliff:
U neva see anytin there was this rat rat in my house that used to steal fish from ratgum...

The guy frustrate me ehh but i later caught am sha den i roast am with fuel so dat next time e go know who e dey joke with
I did that will a gecko. I poured fuel on it and throw a lit matches towards it. On fire, it kept running. Then it stopped and just burnt.
You're worse though.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:
Evolved? No. Because fire was invented.
Wrong. What would happen to you if you ate a good amount of raw meat? You ignored my earlier question though.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by joseo: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
It is not only fish that me am even looking at......I am also waiting for the day a gorilla will work out of the bush as a full blooded man.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
Wrong. What would happen to you if you ate a good amount of raw meat? You ignored my earlier question though.

Absolutely nothing. People even still eat raw fish, some delicacy of Sushi.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

Absolutely nothing. People even still eat raw fish, some delicacy of Sushi.
certain species of fish douse with lime.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
certain species of fish douse with lime.

Our intestine hasn't evolved, if we keep eating raw meat, our stomach will grow bacterias to digest it without problem, doesn't mean our stomach evolved, NO!

If you dope a semicondoctor (introducing impurity) doesn't mean the semiconductor evolved.

1 Like

Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

Our intestine hasn't evolved, if we keep eating raw meat, our stomach will grow bacterias to digest it without problem, doesn't mean our stomach evolved, NO!
I dont agree but let us use your arguement.
So lets assume our stomach would actually grow bacterias. The structure would change, the digestive enzymes also. This would upset the digestive system as a whole. The intestines, big and small would be affected. Like the carnivorous, our teeths would change to tear through the flesh. Our immune system would have to be tougher to resist the pathogens in the raw meat. Bringing about a change in our lymphatic system. Our muscles and bones would change to enable us catch prey... I can go on.

2 Likes

Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by Powersurge: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
I don't know why your bring science subject to romance section. However the subject of evolution is not fully understood yet even in the science palance. The idea that one cell evolved over millions of years ago to produce every other cells, without any other evolving since then (not even under controlled condition where all the conditions proposed by those who postulated the theory were present) is still very debatable. However, 15 billion years of the universe is long enough for a mountain to turn to powder or a mud to turn to a mountain.

I know about carbon dating, but I don't know about it's efficacy (I need someone to school me on it. Not the math or the chemistry behind it. I think I know those to an extent). Because, it has been proven that mammals like dinosaurs roam the earth over 100 million years ago. Some of their bones were found and dated. Another question that came to mind was, will a bone live for a million years without decomposing, let alone over 100 million? (I even doubt if a bone can survive micro organic decomposition beyond 2000 years). The oldest rock ever dated on earth is about 1.5b years.

Let's shift from dating.
The paleonithic age (forgot the spelling), about 500,000 years ago, shows that man lives in area now known as northern Nigeria. Questions. What would have been the nature of these folks. They wouldn't be wearing cloths, no fire, no knowledge of building a shelter, etc. They would have probably living like other animals.

Now to the concept of God, religion and spirituality. Firstly, I will like to say that there are some activities and physical manifestations that cannot be fathom by natural law. Yes, I did not see Jesus when he walked on water. But I have seen a man with asthma (known him personally) get healed by a touch. HIV getting cured, a hand stretched towards a flower vase, it vibrated continuously until it fell and broke.Thess things definitely goes beyond what man currently know in the realm of science.

However, Archbishop of Amargaph stated that the world was created 4,004 years ago. Some folks like JW believes this. This would have meant that it wasn't God who created those who lived 500,000 years ago. The book of Genesis was WRITTEN around 4400 years ago. Older than Archbishop's year of creation. But if God created those that lived 500,000 years ago, it means he waited for over 400,000 years before sending someone to them while they wander around like other animals in rain, sun, disease,death etc.

OP this subject is endless and a million-page book may not be enough.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
I dont agree but let us use your arguement.
So lets assume our stomach would actually grow bacterias. The structure would change, the digestive enzymes also. This would upset the digestive system as a whole. The intestines, big and small would be affected. Like the carnivorous, our teeths would change to tear through the flesh. Our immune system would have to be tougher to resist the pathogens in the raw meat. Bringing about a change in our lymphatic system. Our muscles and bones would change to enable us catch prey... I can go on.

None of that is evolution. If your body/bones get's stronger, doesn't mean you evolve. It's like saying body builders evolve. And when I saw grow bacteria, I didn't say the structure of our intestine has to change, why would it change? It's still meat, albeit uncooked. And even our immune system 'becoming tougher', as you put it, is not evolution, but adaptation.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
Powersurge:
I don't know why your bring science subject to romance section. However the subject of evolution is not fully understood yet even in the science palance. The idea that one cell evolved over millions of years ago to produce every other cells, without any other evolving since then (not even under controlled condition where all the conditions proposed by those who postulated the theory were present) is still very debatable. However, 15 billion years of the universe is long enough for a mountain to turn to powder or a mud to turn to a mountain.

I know about carbon dating, but I don't know about it's efficacy (I need someone to school me on it. Not the math or the chemistry behind it. I think I know those to an extent). Because, it has been proven that mammals like dinosaurs roam the earth over 100 million years ago. Some of their bones were found and dated. Another question that came to mind was, will a bone live for a million years without decomposing, let alone over 100 million? (I even doubt if a bone can survive micro organic decomposition beyond 2000 years). The oldest rock ever dated on earth is about 1.5b years.

Let's shift from dating.
The paleonithic age (forgot the spelling), about 500,000 years ago, shows that man lives in area now known as northern Nigeria. Questions. What would have been the nature of these folks. They wouldn't be wearing cloths, no fire, no knowledge of building a shelter, etc. They would have probably living like other animals.

Now to the concept of God, religion and spirituality. Firstly, I will like to say that there are some activities and physical manifestations that cannot be fathom by natural law. Yes, I did not see Jesus when he walked on water. But I have seen a man with asthma (known him personally) get healed by a touch. HIV getting cured, a hand stretched towards a flower vase, it vibrated continuously until it fell and broke.Thess things definitely goes beyond what man currently know in the realm of science.

However, Archbishop of Amargaph stated that the world was created 4,004 years ago. Some folks like JW believes this. This would have meant that it wasn't God who created those who lived 500,000 years ago. The book of Genesis was WRITTEN around 4400 years ago. Older than Archbishop's year of creation. But if God created those that lived 500,000 years ago, it means he waited for over 400,000 years before sending someone to them while they wander around like other animals in rain, sun, disease,death etc.

Opinions like this is why I brought it to Romance section. Religion section is too toxic. Thanks for your input, very insightful. I don't know much about the Paleolithic and Epipaleolithic periods to help with this discussion. I just want to use a simple logic to discredit atheism like they do with Christianity.
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

None of that is evolution. If your body/bones get's stronger, doesn't mean you evolve. It's like saying body builders evolve. And when I saw grow bacteria, I didn't say the structure of our intestine has to change, why would it change? It's still meat, albeit uncooked. And even our immune system 'becoming tougher', as you put it, is not evolution, but adaptation.
adaptation, i agree. But the above descriptions are similar to animals of the feline family. Are you a biologist?
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
RedCreme21:
adaptation, i agree. But the above descriptions are similar to animals of the feline family. Are you a biologist?

No I'm not. But what did you mean by, "descriptions are similar to animals of the feline family?" Care to explain?
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by Anniie4u: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
Because after eating the bait, they're caught and they can't come back to warn others cool

1 Like

Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by SenecaTheYonger: 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
Anniie4u:
Because after eating the bait, they're caught and they can't come back to warn others cool

Lol Bravo!!!
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by Olowookere994: 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
Adaptation is an evolutionary process, nothing morphological has to change for evolution to occur, most recent evolutionary processes are physiological, I am a biologist, not practicing though, lol.
SenecaTheYonger:

No I'm not. But what did you mean by, "descriptions are similar to animals of the feline family?" Care to explain?
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by 1Sharon(f): 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
Powersurge:

Let's shift from dating.

Now to the concept of God, religion and spirituality. Firstly, I will like to say that there are some activities and physical manifestations that cannot be fathom by natural law. Yes, I did not see Jesus when he walked on water. But I have seen a man with asthma (known him personally) get healed by a touch. HIV getting cured, a hand stretched towards a flower vase, it vibrated continuously until it fell and broke. Thess things definitely goes beyond what man currently know in the realm of science.

I was enjoying your point till this moment
Re: If Evolution Is Real, Then Why Haven't Fish Evolved To Ignore Bait? by LarryBee1k: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Conversation Between Wife And A Slay Queen (photos) / Burna Boy & Stefflon Don Share Hot Kiss As They Celebrate One Year Anniversary / The Health Benefits Of Early Morning S*x

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.