Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? (32433 Views)

Return All SPY Vehicle Plate Numbers To State Commands, AIG Zone 9 Urges Users / Scan Car Or Vehicle Plate Number For Registration Confirmation On Confirmme App / How To Verify If Your Vehicle Plate Number Is Genuine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by legalwealth(m): 9:15am On Nov 24, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

None

I beg to disagree with you Ooo! !!
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by legalwealth(m): 9:15am On Nov 24, 2019
legalwealth:
Ikeja, Lagos plate number speaks volume and police officers do respect it.

Get that instead; KJA997FM for example! !!

FKJ, Lagos is not also bad because it could be easily mistaken for KJA.

I got both; that of KJA and FKJ which implies I'm talking from experience. Uniform men didn't even harass me on the road when I drove one of them from Lagos to Abuja last month all alone in the car.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by BabaRamota1980: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2019
Beside an air of Lagos swag that attaches to the persona I dont see any other reason. That plate will get you village pussy for sure.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by may320: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2019
feelgoodstuffs:
OP I know what is in your mind, you want to have a Lagos Plate number and look like a VIP when you drive around other states tongue
grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by may320: 9:19am On Nov 24, 2019
Lynx001:
.If u use lagos number ur car wil nt enter pothole.
but u don see range rover wey dem register 4 osun.
d state dey affect d car.
osun ekiti ondo. Na dead taxi. Lagos oyo. Fyn car.
Hilarious grin cheesy
Somehow true. You see jallopies mostly in those states.
Also majority of those residing in other states still register Lagos or Abuja plate numbers.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Emma5097: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2019
Yohh:
I'm getting my first vehicle soon God willing and want to know if there are certain privileges one stand to enjoin if a vehicle is registered in a particular state especially Lagos.
I'll appreciate your response. Thanks.

Guy nothing special about a Lagos number. Get an Abuja number or somewhere other than Lagos. Lagos numbers have allocation problem and trust me you don’t want the police on your ass when they find out. Flee o

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by legalwealth(m): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2019
Emma5097:

Guy nothing special about a Lagos number. Get an Abuja number or somewhere other than Lagos. Lagos numbers have allocation problem and trust me you don’t want the police on your ass when they find out. Flee o

It's a lie but the allocation problem is true if you patronize touts for your plate number.

Anyways! I'm planning on getting Abuja's business/brand customized plate number for my next car! !!
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Kinematics: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2019
santakris:
It's advantageous if you travel to other states often. Lagos number plates are recognised and respected everywhere. You will earn respect even if u have Lagos number plate in ur home state.

If you have to travel to other states apart from your state of residence with your local number plate police will not let you rest. For example if you travel to Lagos with Ekiti number plate u will see that police will not let u rest.

The emboldened is not applicable to Rivers State.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Kinematics: 9:44am On Nov 24, 2019
mu2sa2:
I would advise you get the plate number of the state where you will drive around in most of the time. Police at checkpoints tend to target vehicles with out-of-state plate number. So, a lot of your time is wasted at police checkpoints. But if you will be driving across the country a great deal, i think Abuja plate number is cool. If your movements will be mostly in a particular geographical zone, get the plate number of a state in that zone.

Smartest answer so far.

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Scholar212(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2019
My dad got Abuja plate number for his SUV with factory tint. Once police see him coming they assume it is a politician's car.. Even at the state police headquarters in Delta where they will ask you all sort of questions before you can drive in now they just wave and allow him In..

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by 2019elections: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2019
lebete3000:

Abeg which one is Abuja ABC?

ABC is Ahmadu bello crescent.

Street for the rich.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by LeJeun3: 10:14am On Nov 24, 2019

Funny responses everywhere.....

But for me, I chose to register my car in Plateau because apart from the fact that Lagos registration is more expensive the add ons are much. Most of the time the police don't know what to check for as missing...

Each time I travel I am a visitor...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by MOHRUQ: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2019
nzeobi:
Get Abuja, kano or sokoto number, and see as police go de fear you

Just as Anambra, Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi Identification sends shivers to other people too.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by dominique(f): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2019
legalwealth:
Ikeja, Lagos plate number speaks volume and police officers do respect it.

Get that instead; IKJ997FM for example! !!

FKJ, Lagos is not also bad because it could be easily mistaken for IKJ.

I got both; that of IKJ and FKJ which implies I'm talking from experience. Uniform men didn't even harass me on the road when I drove one of them from Lagos to Abuja last month all alone in the car.

Ikeja abbreviation is KJA not IKJ

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by legalwealth(m): 10:23am On Nov 24, 2019
dominique:

Ikeja abbreviation is KJA not IKJ

My gosh! !!

Thanks for that correction; I've modified my post up there.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by femi4: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2019
Yohh:
I'm getting my first vehicle soon God willing and want to know if there are certain privileges one stand to enjoin if a vehicle is registered in a particular state especially Lagos.
Police won't disturb us

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by deewan94(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2019
You can actually renew the documents anywhere except you want to use it on the Uber platform which specifically requests for Lagos Road worthiness certificate. That's all
There is no special advantage.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by deewan94(m): 10:41am On Nov 24, 2019
femi4:
Police won't disturb us
They actually disturb more when they see Lagos plates. I have travelled to the East and no police stopped me. I drove a car with Ogun plates.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by VillagePipu: 10:42am On Nov 24, 2019
kalvoken:
With most if the comments above, you will know why someone dummer than buhari can still win election in Nigeria.

If you don't know anything, you read and go!

Just look at your life.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by santakris(m): 10:43am On Nov 24, 2019
Kinematics:

The emboldened is not applicable to Rivers State.

Come to Kwara State with Rivers State number plate and prove me wrong. Talking from live experience.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by femi4: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2019
deewan94:

They actually disturb more when they see Lagos plates. I have travelled to the East and no police stopped me. I drove a car with Ogun plates.
you are contradicting yourself
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by deewan94(m): 10:46am On Nov 24, 2019
Yohh:
Send me a message when the car lands. I can help with the registration.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by deewan94(m): 10:47am On Nov 24, 2019
femi4:
you are contradicting yourself
Maybe you should read better
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by VillagePipu: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2019
MOHRUQ:

Just as Anambra, Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi Identification sends shivers to other people too.

Bring your Ebonyi plate number enter Abuja. Them fit slap you for bringing that number come sef.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by femi4: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2019
deewan94:

Maybe you should read better
Its a pity that you can't express yourself in clear terms
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by demmanuel78(m): 10:55am On Nov 24, 2019
DelTel:

No advantage of a particular state motor vehicle number plate over another. A board called Joint Tax Board was formed in 2004 (Personal Income Tax Act) led by FIRS and all States board to harmonize all taxes, including road tax and motor vehicle documentation fees.

Meanwhile, Lagos State as the commercial nerve centre and port of entry for 99% of vehicles generate over 80% of vehicle registration in Nigeria.

Lagos State is the first state to computerize the motor vehicle License documentation making it seamless and can be done even by banks across the state. Other States should have catched up by now but .......... Funningly, Lagos State hasn't fully computerize the Certificate of Road-worthiness.

Craftily, Lagos State added SMS fee #200 claiming they send 3 SMS messages which is never sent, isn't SMS even #4 and bulk SMS cheaper! (Calculate #200 on each of the millions of vehicles registered and renewed in Lagos). Also Radio License fee should be collected by Local Government, Lagos charges #500 for that annually.

In essence, it is more expensive to register and renew vehicle documents in Lagos.
SMS is always sent to registered phone numbers. Maybe it wasn’t your phone number that was used to process your vehicle license or road worthiness. That is why you didn’t get the sms
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by deewan94(m): 10:56am On Nov 24, 2019
femi4:
Its a pity that you can't express yourself in clear terms
You win bro. Today is Sunday�
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by Kinematics: 10:56am On Nov 24, 2019
santakris:

Come to Kwara State with Rivers State number plate and prove me wrong. Talking from live experience.

I'm talking about your Lagos plate number narrative. Lagos plate number is just like every other plate number in PH. Nothing special. You can only be special if you have Abuja plate number with a tinted SUV(especially Toyota Prado)
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by femi4: 10:58am On Nov 24, 2019
deewan94:

You win bro. Today is Sunday�
Leave my mention in peace if you can't see your errors
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by deewan94(m): 10:59am On Nov 24, 2019
demmanuel78:
SMS is always sent to registered phone numbers. Maybe it wasn’t your phone number that was used to process your vehicle license or road worthiness. That is why you didn’t get the sms
Lagos plate number is more expensive cos they are being produced by Lagos State not by FRSC like the other states.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by demmanuel78(m): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2019
Lagos has a very strong database system. Your vehicle information is safe and secure. Changing of ownership can be done in 2 or 3 days now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? by legalwealth(m): 11:05am On Nov 24, 2019
demmanuel78:
Lagos has a very strong database system. Your vehicle information is safe and secure. Changing of ownership can be done in 2 or 3 days now.

Chop knuckles! !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Amazing Toyota Tundrasine Is A Toyota Tundra Limousine (photos) / What’s Wrong With This Audi Billboard? (photo) / Fatal Accident On A Bridge Along Warri-benin Road, One Dead (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.