Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,439 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Here Are 2 Super Powers Human Beings Have But Take For Granted - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Here Are 2 Super Powers Human Beings Have But Take For Granted (470 Views)

I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps / 35 Common Body Languages That Says ‘i Love You’: Everyone Takes No 1 For Granted / Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Are 2 Super Powers Human Beings Have But Take For Granted by prince985(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
1. Long Distance Endurance

No other animal can pursue prey at a ridiculously long pace as we can. Our sweat glands are profuse and very active, which we dislike in our modern era, but kept our bodies from overheating and breaking down in nature. Other animals may go faster, but none go for longer.

One of our most effective means of obtaining prey was by simply following it to death. The animal could easily outrun us, but had to frequently stop to catch its breath and prevent overheating, and yet here we come around the corner still pursuing it like some kind of natural world terminator. Humans just keep going and going and going!

2. Vengeance

This might seem a strange entry, but I’m sure you’ve noticed that we don’t have any natural predators. Sure some animals can easily kill us and many do each year, especially Hippos. Don’t let the fat fool you.

Thing is, at some point we likely did have prehistoric predation. These were called man-eaters last I heard and they are long since extinct.

Horrifying, yes?

Problem was each time one of those cats made a kill, 5 more of us turned up at its den with spears. That just plain doesn’t happen when you hunt other prey animals, 10 zebra never show up at your door and burn your house down.

Vengeance meant that anything that considered eating us figured out real quick that was a poor idea in the long term.

(1) (Reply)

Females I Need An Answer!! / Cl / Please how True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.