Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? (19617 Views)

When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC / Why And How Do You Loose Your Last Job / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by anochuko01(m): 7:16am On Nov 24, 2019
Ejadike:
Most of the people commenting obviously didn't read the post. Nobody asked you to tell your story, the op was only teaching you guys how to answer "why did you leave your job" question during an interview. Smh
Oga, we know. I'm sure you'll gain something from other comments too.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by skyhighweb(m): 7:16am On Nov 24, 2019
woke up early very early didnt like dat, ruins my beautiful sleep

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by Mshad662(m): 7:16am On Nov 24, 2019
Them go transfer you go Sokoto you'll be a Receptionist there.
Later transfer you to Lagos airport to be Searching Passengers.
Then transfer you again Portharcourt to go and be a Gate man.
Still transfer you again to Asaba to go and and Guard a house that is inside the bush.

All for the same job and same salary.

Pathfinders int'l Limited God will punish u guys.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by mimimile93: 7:23am On Nov 24, 2019
It exposed me to women. And I was behind bars dec last yr. So I quit.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 24, 2019
Migration to become a priest / soldier

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by pocohantas(f): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2019
I don't even need to lie, OP.

I left because of pay rise and better structure.

If say na by toxicity, na this my current boss for done make me resign since Week-1. I done cure im craze sha, he should go do that with his wife at home. cheesy

Mshad662:
Them go transfer you go Sokoto you'll be a Receptionist there.
Later transfer you to Lagos airport to be Searching Passengers.
Then transfer you again Portharcourt to go and be a Gate man.
Still transfer you again to Asaba to go and and Guard a house that is inside the bush.

All for the same job and same salary.

Pathfinders int'l Limited God will punish u guys.

Nawa o. No job description ni?
Which kind transfer be this for low paying job?

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by anochuko01(m): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2019
abelswife:
I was underpaid and overworked.

Closing at 8pm. 30k salary for a graduate.

Transportation alone was like 25k for the month. But I needed to leave the house.
Worked there for only 3months and ran.

Got another one for 50k afterwards, I was going to work from Sunday to Sunday, the employer kept on owing. He will pay January salary on the 16th of February and pay February salary on the 30th of March, I worked for 2months and ran after I made enquiries and realized he's owing some staff for 6months.

I stayed at home for a long time before I got this one. I'm being paid just a little above the last one but salary comes every 26th. I observe all the public holidays, close at 5pm dot and I dont work weekends.
I'll keep searching for better offers until I get my miracle job. For me, a good offer is one that pays me well, doesn't owe, and still gives me time for myself. Come work no be come die.

Hope you know that there's a PEAK point for this practice?

There's a point an employee gets that he would not be able to command certain amount as salary, no matter his age and experience.

This applies to jobs that require little expertise. That's why no matter how much some people change jobs, they may never earn 200k upwards.

For example, A regular office assistant may never earn as much as 200k because it requires less expertise, and cheaper alternatives are surplus.

My point is that, you should find something that'll make you an expert in your field. Get Certifications and master the latest tools that are required in your Field.

If these two are in place, youll get a very good job within three months.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by m140(m): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2019
abelswife:
I was underpaid and overworked.

Closing at 8pm. 30k salary for a graduate.

Transportation alone was like 25k for the month. But I needed to leave the house.
Worked there for only 3months and ran.

Got another one for 50k afterwards, I was going to work from Sunday to Sunday, the employer kept on owing. He will pay January salary on the 16th of February and pay February salary on the 30th of March, I worked for 2months and ran after I made enquiries and realized he's owing some staff for 6months.

I stayed at home for a long time before I got this one. I'm being paid just a little above the last one but salary comes every 26th. I observe all the public holidays, close at 5pm dot and I dont work weekends.
I'll keep searching for better offers until I get my miracle job. For me, a good offer is one that pays me well, doesn't owe, and still gives me time for myself. Come work no be come die.

Business no easy ooo
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 7:35am On Nov 24, 2019
skyhighweb:
woke up early very early didnt like dat, ruins my beautiful sleep

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by m140(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2019
m140:

Business no easy ooo
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by midnighter(f): 7:37am On Nov 24, 2019
wunmi590:
You can imagine a graduate being sent to buy Eba, moimoi and all kind of food from mama put grin

shocked Sending you to buy eba? But why

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by abelswife(f): 7:38am On Nov 24, 2019
anochuko01:

There's a point an employee gets that he would not be able to command certain amount as salary, no matter his age and experience.

This applies to jobs that require little expertise. That's why no matter how much some people change jobs, they may never earn 200k upwards.

For example, A regular office assistant may never earn as much as 200k because it requires less expertise, and cheaper alternatives are surplus.

My point is that, you should find something that'll make you an expert in your field. Get Certifications and master the latest tools that are required in your Field.

Alright. I'm already on it. Have masters already, certifications is my next agenda for 2020

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by abelswife(f): 7:39am On Nov 24, 2019
idu1:

I'm putting you in prayer. You ll resume your dream job February 2020

Amen!!!

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 7:39am On Nov 24, 2019
mimimile93:
It exposed me to women. And I was behind bars dec last yr. So I quit.
naa everytime woman dey put you behind bars

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by mimimile93: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2019
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
naa everytime woman dey put you behind bars
no
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by justmykel(m): 7:45am On Nov 24, 2019
Indians!
They can use someone and die

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by wunmi590(m): 7:50am On Nov 24, 2019
midnighter:

shocked Sending you to buy eba? But why

She has a friend who sells food stuffs, but instead of driving herself there, she call me to help her go and pick it up, even sometimes take it to her house or her club.

I have really suffered honestly.

But wetin local man go do, when my father doesn't have a company.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by dangoteinlaw: 7:53am On Nov 24, 2019
Ejadike:
Most of the people commenting obviously didn't read the post. Nobody asked you to tell your story, the op was only teaching you guys how to answer "why did you leave your job" question during an interview. Smh
kk o Mr lecturer, you that understood very well pls allow us fools to read ppls experience and gain more knowledge. Thank you

10 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by midnighter(f): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2019
wunmi590:

She has a friend who sells food stuffs, but instead of driving herself there, she call me to help her go and pick it up, even sometimes take it to her house or her club.

I have really suffered honestly.

But wetin local man go do, when my father doesn't have a company.
Lol serious suffer o, dont worry you will laugh about it in years to come...mehn!!
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by justmykel(m): 7:57am On Nov 24, 2019
Ejadike:
Lol....I think say na only grab wetin the OP meant o.
The comments just left me in wonderland
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by dangoteinlaw: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2019
franchasng:
Most Nigerians are lazy to be honest and that is why Nigeria is struggling economically. We all want a job that will pay us 1million naira a month and our job role will be to be pressing computer from 9am to 5pm, monday to friday, and on the 25th of the month, they will pay us 1million Naira.

Once you are made a manager or supervisor in Nigeria, it automatically means you are not supposed to do any work again, you become overnight boss bossing every employee around to do the job....

The maintenance manager in a Nigerian company will never touch the spanner, will never know how to loosen a bolt, will never know how to apply grease......that is the Nigerian failed, lazy work setting....but I tell you guys, it is not like that abroad. If you are the manager in a company in Europe, Asia, or even USA, you are the one that will lead the work...you work more than your subordinates not pressing computer and browsing fine girls on Facebook and booking hotels and flights and be forming boss like all Nigerian managers and head of departments do, and reason Nigerian firms don't last more than 50 years.

If you have a relation or close friend that live outside Africa, ask them the work ethics of Asians, Americans, Europeans, etc. You must work for your pay...you must justify the hour you are paid for.

Haven't you guys wondered why your friends and relatives living abroad hardly have time to answer your calls or engage in frivolities like those working in Nigeria It is because they work their pay!!

If you doubt me, try and travel out of Nigeria and work....then you will realize that Nigerians are not working, they just want to be paid huge without working for it.
my brother two origin for u abeg, you have said it all. This is the same laziness that's pushing ppl into fraud. Everyone wants to sit under an AC and look fresh, no wonder there are ppl going into universities and studying for jobs that don't exist. That's why engineers are all round big Boyz coz they are already taught that their money is inside the sun but other fields, they want to sit inside the office day in day our and make 8figures. There's no fine boy work, all jobs are hard, it's the pay grade that differentiates good jobs from bad ones. Gone are the days of sit and enjoy, now if you are not ready to sweat then hunger go finish that person.

If u see me in the day time in work site jumping up and down like a mad man making sure everything is done right you will feel I earn peanuts but I have air conditioners scattered all over my house to freshen up when I get home. Work is stress and not relaxation hour.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by AntiWailer: 8:04am On Nov 24, 2019
I once told them I was not leaving that I just came to hear them out after they invited me.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by franchasng: 8:12am On Nov 24, 2019
dangoteinlaw:
my brother two origin for u abeg, you have said it all. This is the same laziness that's pushing ppl into fraud. Everyone wants to sit under an AC and look fresh, no wonder there are ppl going into universities and studying for jobs that don't exist. That's why engineers are all round big Boyz coz they are already taught that their money is inside the sun but other fields, they want to sit inside the office day in day our and make 8figures. There's no fine boy work, all jobs are hard, it's the pay grade that differentiates good jobs from bad ones. Gone are the days of sit and enjoy, now if you are not ready to sweat then hunger go finish that person.

If u see me in the day time in work site jumping up and down like a mad man making sure everything is done right you will feel I earn peanuts but I have air conditioners scattered all over my house to freshen up when I get home. Work is stress and not relaxation hour.
That is it.

Nigerians have bad work ethics and that's why most Nigerian firms don't outlive their founders; workers are lazy, looking for high pay with sexy work, and the people called managers and supervisors are only interested in stealing company funds directly, indirectly and through company vendors and contracts.....everybody in Nigeria is working to steal from the company, they never bother to help the company grow so they can remain in job...they are selfish and care only about what they can get from the employer to become overnight big boys and big girls flaunting luxury life online.

Honestly for Nigeria to grow, we need to change a whole lot of things, from our mentality about making money fast to our general work ethics of looking for sexy jobs where we will only be pressing computer and be receiving big pays.

When they see their friends and relatives return from Europe, America, Asia, etc, they feel they are plucking money, some feel they all wore ties and working in big companies abroad where they are pressing computer and be receiving huge pays, but if those relatives abroad tell them the amount of energy they put in abroad or how rugged their work is down there, most won't even accept monetary gifts from them out of pity.

We need a lot of change in Nigeria to get things working as a people

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by fatymore(f): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2019
wunmi590:
shocked

Hmmm, what can I say, honestly since I left FCMB, other jobs I have been getting are just crap.

I left my last retail company as the head of administration/facility maintenance manager, just because:

1. I have an abusive female bosses (Both the mother and the daughter, mother the MD while daughter the head of operations.
2. You can imagine a boss sending you home to your parent with all kind if abuse.
3. My heart always beep when I want to leave home for work just because of fear.
4. I was under pay with huge responsibility 100k
5. I work from Monday to Saturday, no time for myself.

Luckily for me, I got another job, a retail company again as the head and supervisor of a store branch, same treatment as above.

You can imagine a graduate being sent to buy Eba, moimoi and all kind of food from mama put grin

Generally female boss are just mean, sometimes money is not all, you just have to know your worth before you develope hypertension.

What is the essence of earning big and you are not enjoying what you are earning.

No time for yourself not to talk of family.

All company is a barrack, soldier go soldier come, no company is worth dieing for, no matter how much they pay you, if you are being treated badly just like the above except your own company or family company.
your story sounds familiar
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by Sugar97(f): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2019
franchasng:
That is it.

Nigerians have bad work ethics and that's why most Nigerian firms don't outlive their founders; workers are lazy, looking for high pay with sexy work, and the people called managers and supervisors are only interested in stealing company funds directly, indirectly and through company vendors and contracts.....everybody in Nigeria is working to steal from the company, they never bother to help the company grow so they can remain in job...they are selfish and care only about what they can get from the employer to become overnight big boys and big girls flaunting luxury life online.

Honestly for Nigeria to grow, we need to change a whole lot of things, from our mentality about making money fast to our general work ethics of looking for sexy jobs where we will only be pressing computer and be receiving big pays.

When they see their friends and relatives return from Europe, America, Asia, etc, they feel they are plucking money, some feel they all wore ties and working in big companies abroad where they are pressing computer and be receiving huge pays, but if those relatives abroad tell them the amount of energy they put in abroad or how rugged their work is down there, most won't even accept monetary gifts from them out of pity.

We need a lot of change in Nigeria to get things working as a people

Lol. But what do you have against pressing computers?? You've said it like 1 million times grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by Joystark(f): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2019
Do you wonder why you barely ever get any replies to your applications?

Here are three things you need to atleast get invited for job interviews:

1. An ATS complaint CV
2. A winning Cover Letter with the right keywords.
3. An Optimized LinkedIn account.

PM me for any or all of the above

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by fatymore(f): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2019
anochuko01:

be my mentor

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by franchasng: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2019
Sugar97:

Lol. But what do you have against pressing computers?? You've said it like 1 million times grin grin
Because when you hear a Nigerian graduate tell you that she or he is looking for a good job, all he or she want is a job where he or she will be pressing computer and be receiving like 300k salary every month, then you will see him or her rushing to give big testimony in Church of how God has blessed him or her with good job angry angry

I hired a guy, his job role clearly defined he has nothing to do with computer, few months later, he Emailed me requesting that he would love to be transferred to computer department, what nonsense is that angry angry angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by franchasng: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2019
anochuko01:

Well said, but unfortunately, all they want to offer to an employer is how to press computer and be using company free wifi to be posting pictures on Facebook, Instagram and browsing pictures of hot boys and hot girls, so they won't heed to your advice angry angry
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by tomdon(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2019
Lynx001:
It was my first job. I just left skul. My pay was 5k.(not per week oo). Per mönth. my boss used his house as his base.
job description. Package perfume oil in customized packs. Then deliver around PH. He told me that he did nt have tym to do his house chores which was only to wash plate only. I agreed since its only to wash plate and he added 2k öntop My Pay. His family pipul took advantage of it.
i started washìng plate. No p.
im mama go tell me to weed d compound. Wash toilet. Mop house. Cut ugwu. select beans. Clean snail. Anytym call enter 4 me to deliver perfume i go happy. As i left hìs hauz (our company) to deliver d product I will waste tym so that i will com back late. i will trek frm rumuola to garrisön. If d delivery take me to govt house area i go enter spar rest. lie say na traffic. God help me i lèft there.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? by cortix(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2019
Just stumbled on this...when am making plans to resign from my job by month end. The pay is actually very attractive almost 400k. But the work environment became very toxic after the employment of a new HR.
I pray God will provide another Job worth more than my previous work.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. / I'm Considering Leaving Medicine - Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.