Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities (37358 Views)

FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU / JAMB To Hold 2018 Admission Policy Meeting In Osun On June 26 / Nigerian Universities And Their Catchment Areas: Sure Admission Chances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by angelababe(f): 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2019
The truth is that I have been to most Southern and Northern Universities either Federal or State. The fact is that Northerners are more accommodating and fair in the admission process than Southerners, sorry to say. Go to ABU, BUK, ATBU and most northern universities you would be surprised to see many southerners studying. Come to UNN, OAU etc they are 99.9% dominated by igbos and Yoruba respectively.

2 Likes

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by LivingSage: 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
You must be dozing when you typed UI, concience didn't tell you at all that you're lieing?
UI is of the few that base her admission on MERIT. If you do not know, ask! I can't vouch for others
mrvitalis:
Finally ......UNN has been the only school I knew off that it was easier for a Yoruba man , northerner or south south to get admission than an Igbo man

Had a friend from Edo who entered economics with 218 average ....why someone from IMO n anambra can't even get with 260

My Gombe neighbor got pharmacy with 235 while I know people from Igbo who got 270 n didn't get

If you are from bayelsa 260 can get u medicine but if you are from Igbo ...305 might not get you in

Felt it was messed up ...because unilag ,UI and OAU won't give Igbo's that treatment ,same with ABU or uni port

UNN model is the model all schools should follow

45% national merit ,40% state merits , 10%( staff kids,host community ,special case ) 5% ( well man know man
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by BotherMleeper(m): 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

See a classified foool. Oh wait I should use " impact" ? Sad enough you're showing us who you're and the tribe you belong to. For your information " impart" means to teach while " impact " means forceful bodily contact. Go back to your secondary school and demand the refund of your fees.only then will you realize that " as at when due " and " as and when due" are both correct but talks about different things. See a gullible aboki trying to teach someone English of all things. grin grin grin this should be the 11th wonders of the world

Lols at the failed attempt at deflection

You got called out using bullshiit english and you're stupidly attempting to bluff out

Besides, shouldn't you be busy looking for jobs instead? Are you sore at Abokis because you're an unemployed donkey mooching off your sister? Has she thrown you out yet?

Incidentally I'm hiring coders...so maybe I could be your saving grace and feed yer ass, donkey.

Now, bray in obeisance!

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by alfredo1(m): 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
BotherMleeper:

Lols at the failed attempt at deflection

You got called out using bullshiit english and you're stupidly attempting to bluff out

Besides, shouldn't you be busy looking for jobs instead? Are you sore at Abokis because you're an unemployed donkey mooching off your sister? Has she thrown you out yet?

Incidentally I'm hiring coders...so maybe I could be your saving grace and feed yer ass, donkey.

Now, bray in obeisance!
Lol was right when I called you gullible. Wait fools like you still believe what the read off a faceless forum? Abokis can never disappoint. For your underserved information am a self - employed IT guru that has 12 persons in my payroll. You made me laugh my ass off with your last sentence,and I' m forced to ask " when did aboki of all people start having interest in the IT sector"? What happens to the sugar cane,tiger nut and zobo farms? Please Mr. Employer,I think your brothers feeding off the left over of one alhaji needs your " audio " employment more.
And less I forgot,my gateman may be your brother cos both of you share same IQ level
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by BotherMleeper(m): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Lol was right when I called you gullible. Wait fools like you still believe what the read off a faceless forum? Abokis can never disappoint. For your underserved information am a self - employed IT guru that has 12 persons in my payroll. You made me laugh my ass off with your last sentence,and I' m forced to ask " when did aboki of all people start having interest in the IT sector"? What happens to the sugar cane,tiger but and zobo farms? Please Mr. Employer,I think your brothers feeding off the left over of one alhaji needs your " audio " employment more.
And less I forgot,my gateman may be your brother cos both of you share same IQ level

HELP, SOMEONE!

Nvc078 NEEDS A JOB.....ELSE HE'LL INGEST SOME SNIPER.

HE'S TOO DAFT TO ENGAGE IN THE CRIMINAL LIFESTYLE OF HIS TRIBESMEN

PLEASE HELP!

HE'LL TAKE ANY JOB BECAUSE HIS SISTER THREW HIM OUT FLAT ON HIS ASS....HENCE HIS BITTERNESS. HELL, HE'D SUCK PRICK FOR PEANUTS

IT TAKES A SPECIAL KIND OF ASSHOLE TO BE THROWN OUT BY FAMILY...PERHAPS HE WAS STEALING FROM HER PURSE, HE'S THAT DESPERATE

HELP!!!

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
BotherMleeper:

HELP, SOMEONE!

Nvc078 NEEDS A JOB.....ELSE HE'LL INGEST SOME SNIPER.

PLEASE HELP!

HE'LL TAKE ANY JOB BECAUSE HIS SISTER THREW HIM OUT FLAT ON HIS ASS....HENCE HIS BITTERNESS. HELL, HE'D SUCK PRICK FOR PEANUTS

IT TAKES A SPECIAL KIND OF ASSHOLE TO BE THROWN OUT BY FAMILY...PERHAPS HE WAS STEALING FROM HER PURSE, HE'S THAT DESPERATE

HELP!!!

Hahaha....is that the best you can do dummy? Try harder.next time I might hire you for our marketing outreach... That's if and only if you will improve in your English....though someone said it's a "future impossible event"
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by mechanics(m): 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nice one.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by MikkieEl: 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2019
Wetin broda John nor go hear for prayer meeting.
And this is coming from a govt that has thrown Federal character to the thrash.
ikorodureporta:

source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/fg-abolishes-admission-policy-on-catchment-area-for-varsities/

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by luluosas(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
Wake up from your sleep. Border closure outshines this policy, though a very correct step in the right direction.
Denn:
First good policy of this government
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by luluosas(m): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2019
BotherMleeper:

HELP, SOMEONE!

You are a clown Nvc078 NEEDS A JOB.....ELSE HE'LL INGEST SOME SNIPER.

PLEASE HELP!

HELP!!!
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by BotherMleeper(m): 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Hahaha....is that the best you can do dummy? Try harder.next time I might hire you for our marketing outreach... That's if and only if you will improve in your English....though someone said it's a "future impossible event"

You're only qualified to talk to me when you get a job first

I don't normally talk to unemployed, jobless, useless, filthy nonentities.

Your kind are scum and dregs of society

It's interesting to see how your supposed english wizardry can't secure you employment....suddenly THAT doesn't matter, does it?

Even more interesting is the fact that a web developer is braying to get a job. Are you a shitty developer? You must be!

Wait, are your folks so dirt-poor that you'd to freeload off your poor suffering sister? Shame on you! A woman had to feed and clothe you!

You're not a man, you're a useless cretin with no sense of self-worth. You can boast all you like, you homeless hobo, but we all know you're scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

Your type sicken me.

Your whiny, pathetic plea for help will always garnish all my posts from here on out, to remind you of your destitute, decrepit lot in life, you lowly jobless maggot.

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by BotherMleeper(m): 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Hey jobless bumpkin, I told you I was hiring.....

But since you're such a shitty dev you won't cut it, sadly.

But i can send you stipends to help you get by until you finally die.

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Hearme(m): 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
There is still quota system joor, why can't we have like 80% merit, 20% educationally less developed states.
Why must all states and LGA be represented?

Seems to me you are the first person that read the write up well. Bringing in all states and LGA's will mess the system up further. It will look like those of unity schools where I must have someone from Zamfara or Sokoto admitted as long as he has at least 200 in the admission.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
mrvitalis:
Finally ......UNN has been the only school I knew off that it was easier for a Yoruba man , northerner or south south to get admission than an Igbo man

Had a friend from Edo who entered economics with 218 average ....why someone from IMO n anambra can't even get with 260

My Gombe neighbor got pharmacy with 235 while I know people from Igbo who got 270 n didn't get

If you are from bayelsa 260 can get u medicine but if you are from Igbo ...305 might not get you in

Felt it was messed up ...because unilag ,UI and OAU won't give Igbo's that treatment ,same with ABU or uni port

45% national merit ,40% state merits , 10%( staff kids,host community ,special case ) 5% ( well man know man

You've been to UNN and no where else but you confidently believe UNN should be model to other schools. This train of thought is sickening. UI doesn't even apply catchment area policy from inception and admission is transparent, unlike what is obtainable in the much acclaimed UNN.

I graduated from UNILAG and just about half of us were from other tribes. My best friends were Igbos. Unilag admission seems to be most transparent because everyone can verify online it online.

I think the UI model is exactly what Buhari meant.

5 Likes

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Hearme(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
payperpost:

said every local government of the federation must be represented in every federal university, you no sabi read? quota system will ensure every local government from educational less developed kano 44 LGA outnumbered you from 8 bayelsa LGA in Otueke federal university!

Abeg tell them. They don't know how to understand what they read.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
BotherMleeper:

You're only qualified to talk to me when you get a job first

I don't normally talk to unemployed, jobless, useless, filthy nonentities.

Your kind are scum and dregs of society

It's interesting to see how your supposed english wizardry can't secure you employment....suddenly THAT doesn't matter, does it?

Even more interesting is the fact that a web developer is braying to get a job. Are you a shitty developer? You must be!

Wait, are your folks so dirt-poor that you'd to freeload off your poor suffering sister? Shame on you! A woman had to feed and clothe you!

You're not a man, you're a useless cretin with no sense of self-worth. You can boast all you like, you homeless hobo, but we all know you're scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

Your type sicken me.

Your whiny, pathetic plea for help will always garnish all my posts from here on out, to remind you of your destitute, decrepit lot in life, you lowly jobless maggot.

Hahahaa I still maintain my stand,you're as gullible as every other aboki we see daily. I think this forum is your limit in terms of romance with internet,if not why will someone think another will come to publish his life on a forum filled with I.riots like you if not to get them perplexed and make your thread a busy one capable of hitting the FP. I guess I'm speaking to someone whose comprehensive ability is not more than 0.2.
That said,I will rather remain unemployed, and civilized with a 21st century skill-set than live in a cave and wallow in ignorance like you. Get a life
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Ajibade123(m): 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
ohh....if not for catchment ehn people like me will still be at home for sure.....I remember the year I gained admission to unilag I was 8 marks below the real cut off mark and 0.6 above my state catchment mehn
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2019
BotherMleeper:

Hey jobless bumpkin, I told you I was hiring.....

But since you're such a shitty dev you won't cut it, sadly.

But i can send you stipends to help you get by until you finally die.

Hire a web developer for your tiger nut farm? To do what exactly?
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by johnpablo541(m): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
36STATES:

You are talking nonsense, I was denied admission into UniPort because of catchment area.
you were denied admission into UniPort there were more competitive candidates from your state.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2019
bizme:
People should not be deceived, he said every geopolitical zone, and every local government must be represented via a thorough students audit. What it means really is that quota system and not merit will now be used for admission. You can score 290 from Imo state and not get admission into OAU because of this quota system, but Abdul-Dende from Daura with 079 can get the same admission because of the same quota system.

Death to proposed quota system in our universities. Let's have a single merit list!

How can you be the only intelligent person on this thread? Everyone else seems to be carried away and don't even grasp the full concept of this news. We just replaced merit with mediocrity. UI now has to admit mediocre students and later advise them to withdraw.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by BotherMleeper(m): 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Hire a web developer for your tiger nut farm? To do what exactly?

Get a job, hobo

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by BotherMleeper(m): 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Hahahaa I still maintain my stand,you're as gullible as every other aboki we see daily. I think this forum is your limit in terms of romance with internet,if not why will someone think another will come to publish his life on a forum filled with I.riots like you if not to get them perplexed and make your thread a busy one capable of hitting the FP. I guess I'm speaking to someone whose comprehensive ability is not more than 0.2.
That said,I will rather remain unemployed, and civilized with a 21st century skill-set than live in a cave and wallow in ignorance like you. Get a life

Get a job!

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

See " grammar " abeg. This is one of the reasons why we have been calling for the abolishment of the evil catchment area thing in offering admission to people. if this thing has been done as at when due,mentally retards like you will be chasing your cows up and down or rather attain the apex of nomadic education without having anything whatsoever to do with higher institutions that has no significant impart in your level of civilization

You're a terrible writer as well with no knowledge at all on punctuation. That didn't sadden me as much as knowing you can't even read to comprehend. That policy you think is commendable is aimed at sacrificing merit on the alter of mediocrity. Sad.

4 Likes

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

You're a terrible writer as well with no knowledge at all on punctuation. That didn't [b]sadden me [/b]as much as knowing you can't even read to comprehend. That policy you think is commendable is aimed at sacrificing merit on the alter of mediocrity. Sad.
To think you're still alive after the bolded amazes me
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

You're a terrible writer as well with no knowledge at all on punctuation. That didn't sadden me as much as knowing you can't even read to comprehend. That policy you think is commendable is aimed at sacrificing merit on the alter of mediocrity. Sad.

Seems your brain was turned off by my post that you omitted your punctuation as well.Permit me to say, you're a terrible writer as well
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Kubernetes: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
jjohndoe83:
They should also remove admission preference for Educationally Less Developed States undecided

Nowadays,such states don't exist no more.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by masseratti: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2019
Magicians:
But there is none of you praising the person that abolished the system. The cursed party of devils could not do this for 16 years, yet you have been cursed not to say thank you to Buhari but if it was Jonathan that did the abolishing you'd be praising him like your god.
Oga, catchment area is different from quotas systems, that wasn't abolished, so why should I praise the Man?

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by okeyfrank: 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
They're mentioning Catchment Areas to give them more grounds to infliterate the standard schools in the southern part of Nigerian.

They should remove all manner of 'wicked' preferential treatments aimed at favoring certain groups and destroying mainly those from the South Eastern part of the country who have been on the top in terms of intelligence and academic performance.

The main devilish law here to be abolished is the one encouraging the 'Educationally Disadvantaged' Policy whereby someone from Sokoto, Katsina, Zamfara, Kano, etc can score 100 in JAMB and get admitted in a Federal University situated in Owerri for any of the Engineering disciplines, whereas an Imo State student that scores 260 will be denied the same admission in the same university at his backyard, where he's expected to score above 320. Yet we preach 'One Nigeria'.

Currently, there's a wicked gang-up against excellence at the Unity Schools in Lagos where the same South Eastern candidates are consciously denied admissions for not scoring above 180/200, whereas their counterparts from the core North who score even 50/200 are expressly granted admission into the schools.

There should be equal and level playing ground for every student, irrespective of where the candidate comes from, whether North, East or West. There should not be any preferential treatment based of demography as everyone should be tested under the same criteria. Anything short of this is still the reason we are going down in educational standard, as those excellent minds who should lead this country in science, technology and innovations are constantly being denied admission because of where they come from.

It becomes a double tragedy where the parents of these students do not have the money to fund private education in private universities.

This topic is only taking the nepotistic trend to the NextLevel and would only worsen the situation.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Basic123: 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

Well,this is a big lie

1 Like

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Seems your brain was turned off by my post that you omitted your punctuation as well.Permit me to say, you're a terrible writer as well

Self-comforting piece of trash. Better humble yourself to learn. I won't be there when you'll embarrass yourself when called upon to use a pen.

4 Likes

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

To think you're still alive after the bolded amazes me

To think you have access to the net but can't verify the meaning of words should amaze you more. Deal with yourself.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Poly Ede Lecturer Orders Final Year Students To Raise Their Hands (Photo) / Akeem Babalola, UNILAG Lecturer, Accused Of Raping 20-year-old Undergraduate / Babcock University Student Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.