Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,220 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities (37880 Views)

FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU / JAMB To Hold 2018 Admission Policy Meeting In Osun On June 26 / Nigerian Universities And Their Catchment Areas: Sure Admission Chances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by edoairways: 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
Jman06:
Yeah. Same applies to UNN and I think all such mediocre considerations should stop. Students should be subjected to same standards and none should have the goalpost lowered for them.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Godhead4(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2019
edoairways:

They do

Apart from those that grew up in the south, they generally don't
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Pecca: 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2019
jjohndoe83:
They should also remove admission preference for Educationally Less Developed States undecided

That's another policy that has not been able to achieve anything positive rather it has helped to underdevelop the beneficiaries. 139 cut off mark for Anambra, 4 for Zamfara...can you imagine that?
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by VanSARS: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2019
mrvitalis:
Finally ......UNN has been the only school I knew off that it was easier for a Yoruba man , northerner or south south to get admission than an Igbo man

Had a friend from Edo who entered economics with 218 average .... Koinonia why someone from IMO n anambra can't even get with 260

My Gombe neighbor got pharmacy with 235 while I know people from Igbo who got 270 n didn't get

If you are from bayelsa 260 can get u medicine but if you are from Igbo ...305 might not get you in

Felt it was messed up ...because unilag ,UI and OAU won't give Apostle Joshua Selman Igbo's that treatment ,same with ABU or uni port

UNN model is the model all schools should follow

45% national merit ,40% state merits , 10%( staff kids,host community ,special case ) 5% ( well man know man
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by luluosas(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
See paining voice! Go and sleep
Denn:

If you think border closure is a good economic policy, then your economics teacher has failed
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by iceboy4752(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2019
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by iceboy4752(m): 8:41am On Nov 25, 2019
celeiyke:

U have never been to those universities, so don't say what u don't know. Claiming that one person per state doesn't that look absurd to u and u know it is all lies. I am conversant with Abu skewed policies. Can u shed light on why Prof Andrew Nok was denied being a VC. Can u shed light on why at some time a show by Tuface was cancelled in the same institution. ABU remains a nepotistic institution.

Provide any Muslim Vice-Chancellor in UNIPORT or UNIZIK first.
If you are not conversant with a school's admission process, find that out first before you'll come and start ranting like a baby who needs its mother's milk. ABU gives admission to one candidate from non-catchment areas, and two in non-competitive departments. How many do the over-hyped universities in question admit? I have a PDF copy of UNN's admission list. The Yoruba people I saw were not up to 13 despite the fact that most of them tend to score very high. As for the north, in fact, I couldn't find one single northerner.

ABU Nepotistic my foot!

1 Like

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Caseless: 8:42am On Nov 25, 2019
celeiyke:

Be lying to those on this platform. Even ur VC in ABU knows they are a bunch of nepotistic fellows . U nepotism has placed ABU in the standard it enjoys today
give facts and figures, you kiddish liar.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by celeiyke: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2019
iceboy4752:

If you are not conversant with a school's admission process, find that out first before you'll come and start ranting like a baby who needs its mother's milk. ABU gives admission to one candidate from non-catchment areas, and two in non-competitive departments. How many do the over-hyped universities in question admit? I have a PDF copy of UNN's admission list. The Yoruba people I saw were not up to 13 despite the fact that most of them tend to score very high. As for the north, in fact, I couldn't find one single northerner.

ABU Nepotistic my foot!

I won't respond to idiotic statements. ABU is worst that even Crescent university that is an Islamic institution
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by ib0221: 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
mrvitalis:
Finally ......UNN has been the only school I knew off that it was easier for a Yoruba man , northerner or south south to get admission than an Igbo man

Had a friend from Edo who entered economics with 218 average ....why someone from IMO n anambra can't even get with 260

My Gombe neighbor got pharmacy with 235 while I know people from Igbo who got 270 n didn't get

If you are from bayelsa 260 can get u medicine but if you are from Igbo ...305 might not get you in

Felt it was messed up ...because unilag ,UI and OAU won't give Igbo's that treatment ,same with ABU or uni port

UNN model is the model all schools should follow

45% national merit ,40% state merits , 10%( staff kids,host community ,special case ) 5% ( well man know man
I disagree with you. UI has no catchment. They don't care about who born you as long as you are homo sapien. Moreover, which state is Igbo?
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by EOEI: 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
iceboy4752:

ABU Nepotistic my foot!
Dont mind the guy, ever since I'd been tracking admissions in the eastern universities its hard to find yoruba names on their lists.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by vandi247(m): 6:32am On Nov 27, 2019
Gradually we're getting to the permanent site.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by iceboy4752(m): 6:34am On Nov 28, 2019
EOEI:

Dont mind the guy, ever since I'd been tracking admissions in the eastern universities its hard to find yoruba names on their lists.

They are too biased. Meanwhile, you'll get confused when you get into Kongo or Samaru Campus of ABU after hearing many Yoruba folks speak their language. You'll start thinking OAU has located to Zaria. Apart from that, ABU is the most diverse university in Nigeria. In my class currently, we're 257 and we have members from the 36 states and the FCT, including a Ghanian. I bet my balls that there is no single department in UNN or UNIZIK that can beat this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) / Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) / UNIABUJA Students That Died In Motor Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.