Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities (37302 Views)

FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU / JAMB To Hold 2018 Admission Policy Meeting In Osun On June 26 / Nigerian Universities And Their Catchment Areas: Sure Admission Chances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Caseless: 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
celeiyke:

U have never been to both schools or u chose to be economical with the truth. ABU is the worst university in Nigeria in terms of admission and employment. Nepotism is their benchmark for everything. Admission is done on 90% Muslims and even employment. I have been there, don't come lying to people here
again, you're a liar. Give me your hostel number in A.B.U and your roommates. Liar!
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

Self-comforting piece of trash. Better humble yourself to learn. I won't be there when you'll embarrass yourself when called upon to use a pen.
Lol it took you more than 3 hours to reply my quote,obviously scrutinizing the trash you posted in order not to have any typo. Lol I'm always " humble " to learn from people better than me in any field,however, you don't come close to being as good as I'm when it comes to English language, so tell me what exactly will you teach me?
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Duru009(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2019
DonCaxton:
It took too long, but better late than never. I hope it's not just a talk-the-talk policy.

For high scores in IELTS, send a mail to editus dot ng at gmail dot com, if you are in Lagos. A competent private tutor will respond immediately. Don't take that exam more than once.

I'm really interested, how do we communicate please.
Thanks
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by goldmatrix(m): 3:44pm On Nov 24, 2019
..what about the cut of points for northerners in federal universities?
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

To think you have access to the net but can't verify the meaning of words should amaze you more. Deal with yourself.

To think aboki is trying to teach me "English" is unthinkable
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Legendguru: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2019
Oh
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Lol it took you more than 3 hours to reply my quote,obviously scrutinizing the trash you posted in order not to have any typo. Lol I'm always " humble " to learn from people better than me in any field,however, you don't come close to being as good as I'm when it comes to English language, so tell me what exactly will you teach me. ?

OK. First, I don't live on nairaland, I engage myself with better things and won't reload nairaland every second to reply a troll. It just isn't worth it. I can do so at a more comfortable time.

Second of it, you goofed again. Your comment is ridden with poor grammatical structures and is distasteful. I won't waste a second more trying to school you. Online trolls don't learn so I'll leave you to your fate.

Have a wonderful life.

4 Likes

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

To think aboki is trying to teach me "English" is unthinkable
OK. Bye.

3 Likes

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2019
[quote author=Duru009 post=84324752]

I'm really interested, how do we communicate
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Jman06(m): 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
This is a good development. That catchment area policy is not good at all for our university system.
A university is supposed to be a community of people from different backgrounds and nationalities.
Indigenization of universities encourages mediocrity and causes a decline in quality of outputs.
Kudos to Buhari on this one!
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

OK. First, I don't live on nairaland, I engage myself with better things and won't reload nairaland every second to reply a troll. It just isn't worth it. I can do so at a more comfortable time.

Second of it, you goofed again. Your comment is ridden with poor grammatical structures and is [b]it's[/b]distasteful. I won't waste a second more trying to school you. Online trolls don't learn so I'll leave you to your fate.

Have a wonderful life.

Lol once again. Anybody can teach me English, definitely not aboki. I can point out tens of grammatical blunders you committed up there. Please safe yourself these embarrassments for Arewa's sake
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by noah91(m): 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
UI has the most transparent admission process in Nigeria. Admission is strictly based on merit

1 Like

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by augustine: 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2019
If this new policy is not based on merit, then it has nothing to offer. It will only limit entry opportunities to southern students in both their catchment zones and elsewhere in the country.
ikorodureporta:

source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/fg-abolishes-admission-policy-on-catchment-area-for-varsities/

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Lol once again. Anybody can teach me English, definitely not aboki. I can point out tens of grammatical blunders you committed up there. Please safe yourself these embarrassments for Arewa's sake
Please point them out? I'm willing to learn. You're just another confused creature. What business have I with Arewa or Aboki? Faceless forums as nairaland give guts, I'm not surprised.

4 Likes

Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Obec70(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
Good one, Oga quickly abolish acceptance fees been charged in government owned tertiary institutions even private one's it has has gone up to #100'000 in some school! Not to talk about the hike in school fees also!
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2019
zeromeridian:
That means Igbos will be highest in number in all universities. I hope Buhari knows the implication.

Please. Unity Schools should be next
some of u are myopic...ibo this Ibo that as if na only una sabi book...
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

Please point them out? I'm willing to learn. You're just another confused creature. What business have I with Arewa or Aboki? Faceless forums as nairaland give guts, I'm not surprised.
actually it gives guts to people like you.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
celeiyke:

U must be funny. ABU is the most useless university. Admission is done on religious basis. The same university that deny Prof Andrew Nok becoming a VC cos he is a Christian. Same university I scored 282 to study Economics and I was clearly told to go back to my state
keep lying can adamu be vc in unn
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Denn(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
luluosas:
Wake up from your sleep. Border closure outshines this policy, though a very correct step in the right direction.

If you think border closure is a good economic policy, then your economics teacher has failed
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

I'm glad you learnt this the hard way.but if I may ask,what could you have done facing me ? Hide your face in shame I guess?
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2019
angelababe:
The truth is that I have been to most Southern and Northern Universities either Federal or State. The fact is that Northerners are more accommodating and fair in the admission process than Southerners, sorry to say. Go to ABU, BUK, ATBU and most northern universities you would be surprised to see many southerners studying. Come to UNN, OAU etc they are 99.9% dominated by igbos and Yoruba respectively.
leave folks crying foul here and there... dis same unn they are using as example is dominated by Ibo's in staff academics and non meanwhile every state ought to be represented... it's a similar thing in all federal schools d host community tend to dominate which is wrong... in Unical I was d only edo in my dept... others were cross river akwa ibom... few from other state... we need to review how employment is done too I should be able to get my edo slot in federal school in Kano gombe abia IMO zamfara etc d proces should be fair and open
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Godhead4(m): 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2019
AkimJ:
You have only said what you think and not based on facts and your view is prejudiced.

UI and UniAbuja has been operating without catchment area for years and applicants are admitted strictly on merit. No Yoruba gets admission to UNN in preference above any Igbo.

Any Yoruba that gets admitted to UNN is strictly on his or her own merit. UNN have the following areas as catchment states Abia, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross-River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Imo, Rivers.Don't spread false information. Studies carried out shows that the federal universities have largely been implementing the catchment areas policy faithfully and JAMB has been monitoring compliance. In case you want to insinuate otherwise, would your insinuation even be reasonable?

What would be the basis of UNN deliberately deviating from official policy to favour Yoruba? Of the 15 VCs that UNN has had in her history, 2 were expatriates, 11 are Igbos, one was from Plateau and one from core north. Since 1999 all VCs have been Igbo. So what special interest or basis would make UNN to go out of her ways against the policy to favour Yoruba?

The only basis where a non Igbo may get admission with lesser score over an Igbo in UNN is on the basis of educationally disadvantaged state and NO South west state is considered educationally disadvantaged so no South west state is on that list. For example on the list of admission for UNN in 2016 that was posted by a Nairalander, we have the following for pharmacy:

S/N-Score-State
75-291-imo*
*76-291-imo*
*77-288-imo*
*78-241-adamawa*
*79-256-bauchi*
*80-278-bayelsa*
*81-270-benue*
*82-268-crossriver*
*83-278-ebonyi*
*84-251-gombe*
*85-271-jigawa*
*86-266-kadunna*
*87-250- kano*
*88-280-kebbi*
*89-263-koggi*
*90-257-nasarrawa*
*91-263-niger*
*92-244-plateau*
*93-257-rivers*
*94-249-sokoto*
*95-263-taraba*
*96-284-zamfara*

No single candidate from South west.

I follow, consult and am versed about university admissions and I am writing based on experience. However lest my view be taken as being subjective I have provided some references here about views from others to debunk this. I hope you can take the time to go through them because for space and time I wont copy the details here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3363207/view-unn-admission-list

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3447999?seq=1

https://www.nairaland.com/3359156/federal-university-where-over-99/6

UNN's quest to have a 'national outlook' makes them give admission to any aspirant outside of the SE, even with low scores because non-easteners don't usually apply UNN

These are the recent trends in the school now..
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Godhead4(m): 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2019
angelababe:
The truth is that I have been to most Southern and Northern Universities either Federal or State. The fact is that Northerners are more accommodating and fair in the admission process than Southerners, sorry to say. Go to ABU, BUK, ATBU and most northern universities you would be surprised to see many southerners studying. Come to UNN, OAU etc they are 99.9% dominated by igbos and Yoruba respectively.
First,
Do northerners apply to southern universities to study? No.
Are you now going to blame the southern universities for that?
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Godhead4(m): 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Fvxk! Cant u just drop your ego and learn? You need the schooling he is giving to you angry
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Nvc078: 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2019
Godhead4:

Fvxk! Cant u just drop your ego and learn? You need the schooling he is giving to you angry
No,maybe he should direct his "training" to your generation. Una need am pass
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by edoairways: 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2019
Jman06:
This is a good development. That catchment area policy is not good at all for our university system.
A university is supposed to be a community of people from different backgrounds and nationalities.
Indigenization of universities encourages mediocrity and causes a decline in quality of outputs.
Kudos to Buhari on this one!
Jonathan(Bayelsa indigene) stands the chance of getting admission with a score of 220 than Adeleke an indigene of Ogun state who scored 280. Both applicants applied to study Medicine at OAU but the former name will be considered for admission
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by edoairways: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
Godhead4:

First,
Do northerners apply to southern universities to study? No
Are you now going to blame the southern universities for that?
They do
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by edoairways: 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
leave folks crying foul here and there... dis same unn they are using as example is dominated by Ibo's in staff academics and non meanwhile every state ought to be represented... it's a similar thing in all federal schools d host community tend to dominate which is wrong... in Unical I was d only edo in my dept... others were cross river akwa ibom... few from other state... we need to review how employment is done too I should be able to get my edo slot in federal school in Kano gombe abia IMO zamfara etc d proces should be fair and open
I agree with you on this. University of Benin had learnt it's lesson
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by Jman06(m): 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2019
edoairways:

Jonathan(Bayelsa indigene) stands the chance of getting admission with a score of 220 than Adeleke an indigene of Ogun state who scored 280. Both applicants applied to study Medicine at OAU but the former name will be considered for admission
Yeah. Same applies to UNN and I think all such mediocre considerations should stop. Students should be subjected to same standards and none should have the goalpost lowered for them.
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by celeiyke: 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
keep lying can adamu be vc in unn

Is Prof Andrew from the south? U know next to nothing
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by vickydevoka(m): 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2019
Based on merit system U. I is first b4 Unn n abu
Re: FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities by celeiyke: 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
Caseless:
again, you're a liar. Give me your hostel number in A.B.U and your roommates. Liar!

Be lying to those on this platform. Even ur VC in ABU knows they are a bunch of nepotistic fellows . U nepotism has placed ABU in the standard it enjoys today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

16 Pictures Some Students Playing Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Can Relate To / Picture From North-west University Kano / 2 MOUAU Students Found Dead In Their Room In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.