Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It (58620 Views)

UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) / UNN To Host Conference On Witchcraft / Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by chizzyglow: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2019
farem:

In one breath, you guys are saying it is not gathering of witches and that it is a mere discussion. I n another breath, you are calling it religion. Which one are you promoting?
Come clean and clear and let people know.

What ever it is everyone has the freedom and right to practice a religion
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by seguno2: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2019
itsme01:
grin

its about time Nigerians understudy witches and wizard rather than deny their existence

as for the Christian hypocrites, wike already declared Rivers state a christian state, why not migrate there and let people be and enjoy their nature

First part is okay.
The second part is incomplete without the Muslims who are over 65% of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by pressplay411(m): 7:25am On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement
4. Freedom of association.

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached?

There in lies my dissonance with religious Christians- the double standard.

If this had been a Christian Conference being resisted, we would have called it Persecution. But now we are the ones doing the same to others.

They should let the conference hold. Those who wish to study wizardry or even convert should have their freedom.
No one is forced into God's Kingdom.

After all, how else does the world know we serve a superior God if we fear witches are wizards?

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 24, 2019
itsme01:

research a genocide lol... europeans would never allow that, and nothing is great about that babaric act
Europeans? There are archives for such information

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by seguno2: 7:26am On Nov 24, 2019
chizzyglow:
What ever it is everyone has the freedom and right to practice a religion

Except Muslims, who are not allowed to convert out of the religion.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 24, 2019
truthsayer009:

grin grin

I won't even be worried one bit, witches don't even operate in the physical lmao.
Says who? Cos the kinda witchcraft practiced here is the evil and dark one na. Go to d west and see them operating in d open. It's kinda religion over there.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by itsme01: 7:28am On Nov 24, 2019
seguno2:

First part is okay.
The second part is incomplete without the Muslims who are over 65% of Nigerians.

oga easy with the statistic, muslim can never account for 65% of nigerian population where many in the north are traditionalist and the south has both christians and traditionalist
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 24, 2019
winterfell007:

That's why I alluded someone's post that an average Nigerian is myopic and unwilling to have an open mind, they tend to be fixated with the norm..
Yea
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Says who? Cos the kinda witchcraft practiced here is the evil and dark one na. Go to d west and see them operating in d open. It's kinda religion over there.

Yeah true, imagine my GF going to this event. I will begin to suspect she is one holding my destiny. Na break up be that, straight away.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Chi133(f): 7:30am On Nov 24, 2019
nwekeugochukwu:
IgbereTV reports that despite the cancellation of the booked venue for a witchcraft conference to be held in Enugu state, the organisers insist that they are proceeding as planned and will announce a new venue soon. Director of the B.I.C Ijomah Centre for Policy Studies and Research, Professor Egodi Uchendu, made this news available to IgbereTV. He said that the protest and campaign by the Christian Association of Nigeria and Christian students in the University of Nigeria (UNN), Nsukka will not deter them from holding the academic conference. “Freedom of speech is a fundamental human right. CAN and others are free to express their opinions just like we have the freedom to have an academic conference on witchcraft”, Mrs Uchendu, a professor of history said. “I’m delighted that the conference is generating the debate it should across the nation. Nigerians should look critically into the subject of the conference and identify how it’s impeding our national existence and personal experience”. She absolved the UNN of blame for the cancellation of the booking for Energy Centre, as venue for the conference, billed to begin 26 November.

She said the centre is owned by the Federal Government and is domiciled in the UNN. Prof Uchendu said; “UNN DID NOT deny us use of Energy Centre. Energy Centre did. Energy Centre is a Federal organ domiciled in UNN. It’s not controlled by UNN. Their decision to deny us their venue may not even be known to UNN”. The conference on witchcraft has generated controversy since it was announced that it would take place in UNN Nsukka.

Students, believing that witches and wizards would descend on UNN, during the conference, printed posters decrying the plan. They were joined by the Christian Association of Nigeria, which escalated the opposition and urged Christians in the South East zone to embark on prayers to dissuade the organisers from holding the conference. Chairman of CAN in the South-East zone, Bishop Dr Goddy Okafor demanded that the programme be called off immediately. Okafor said; “I call on all Heads of Blocks, State Chairmen and other Stakeholders of Christian Association of Nigeria South-East Zone to take up aggressive prayers against the planned convention of Witches and Wizards slated to hold on November 26 at UNN. “This convention is not of God and must not hold in Jesus name. Exodus 22:18 says, ‘Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live’. “I hereby direct, all Christian Churches in South East of Nigeria to take up lamentation and pray against this evil movement in all our churches this coming Sunday. “I also call upon all Christian Campus Fellowship Groups and other Christian Students’ Associations to join in this effort and stand up for JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD against this evil development in South East Of NIGERIA.”

http://igberetvnews.com/1158552/unn-witchcraft-conference-will-hold-christians-cant-stop-prof-uchendu/

This is what wanted to happen in benin during the time of ben idahosa and Ben idahosa told them it won't and lastly it didn't hold, money will not allow our pastors of today to stop them. But i believe There is still someone that can stop them. He is the king of kings

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 24, 2019
truthsayer009:

Yeah true, imagine my GF going to this event. I will begin to suspect she is one holding my destiny. Na break up be that, straight away.
Lol. Naso
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by obazie(m): 7:31am On Nov 24, 2019
Exodus 22:18....Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Putin007: 7:33am On Nov 24, 2019
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by InvertedHammer: 7:33am On Nov 24, 2019
/
Christians are as intolerant as muslims except that they are overtly pretentious about it. When muslims bomb churches, it makes the news. But Christians are known to burn down shrines of traditionalists and expect to be applauded for their doggedness in winning souls for Christ.

/

3 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Surulereman(m): 7:34am On Nov 24, 2019
Very shameful and ignorant reactions. This is an intellectual discourse intended to educate and inform people about the topic. The sensitivity being exhibited has to do with our cultural background where people of today react negatively at the mention of "witch" or "witchcraft". They should have an open mind and allow the seminar to hold.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by YungJo207(m): 7:34am On Nov 24, 2019
cheesy grin cheesy grin I no fit laugh abeg, Naija matter don pass spiritual konji.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Zionbel(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2019
There's no point for the uproar from our Christian brethren.

Knowledge is different from initiation. Knowledge is power! Having a sound knowledge about witcraft is also needful. People fear witches because they lack knowledge about them.

We can learn from them also while we filter the knowledge rather than engage in condemnation. Through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Most Christians are very religious but not as dedicated like Muslims. Is there not a lot to learn from them and why they're so dedicated? Personally, what I've learned from my Muslim friends and books have thus far helped in my Christian faith a lot in great magnitude.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Lonelypacifist6: 7:37am On Nov 24, 2019
Ladylite:
Jesusjnr are we to pray or just watch
I'd grab a bowl of popcorn grin
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by faruqola(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2019
no problem... we will attend...
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 24, 2019
masterP042:
Finally sha, I am beginning to understand why this country is the way it is. We don't read, we don't investigate, we just swallow what the hell we're being told. Ignorant pastors and groups jumping up and down to castigate what they don't know of. This is an academic conference, for the purpose of study and enlightenment on an issue most of us are always bothered about yet we don't understand.
Our prayers are always about fighting witches yet, we don't even truly understand the concept, and here is an opportunity, yet we're close minded enough to fight it.
We always want to be civilized and developed like other countries, we are quick to blame our leaders, but sorry Nigerians, the earlier we become more open minded, tolerant, able to investigate and ask reasonable questions, seek knowledge and rightly apply it; even if we have good leaders we won't really see the effect.
I love open minded people like this chai. I can never forget what the Chinese president said about black people, such a pity.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by krasican(m): 7:41am On Nov 24, 2019
maynation:
If you are going to attend, let's gather here please.

----------------
On a serious note, this conference is on witchcraft and not a gathering of witches and wizards. The people standing against its materialization shouldn't even be Christians nor Muslims but witches and wizards themselves. Because apparently a lot of their secretes will be revealed and they won't be happy about this.

On a serious note, this conference is on witchcraft and not a gathering of witches and wizards.

That's just it...immediately they saw witches and wizard... Na die by fire.am sure they will take the conference poster to church for prayers

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Lonelypacifist6: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2019
The best form of entertainment is seeing Theists in panic mode grin Very comical.

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by nurex01(m): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached?
which movements do you belong? Don't hesitate to answer, Mynd44. Since, you've accepted it as your beliefs.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Caseless: 7:43am On Nov 24, 2019
I wish I can attend this conference. Useless country inhabited by senseless people. Those who take position of leadership in CAN must have one quality before they're seen to be qualified - stupidity!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by nurex01(m): 7:43am On Nov 24, 2019
seguno2:

Except Muslims, who are not allowed to convert out of the religion.
lol
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2019
maynation:
If you are going to attend, let's gather here please.

----------------
On a serious note, this conference is on witchcraft and not a gathering of witches and wizards. The people standing against its materialization shouldn't even be Christians nor Muslims but witches and wizards themselves. Because apparently a lot of their secretes will be revealed and they won't be happy about this.
We have to meet.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by fr3do(m): 7:45am On Nov 24, 2019
I heard that the headquarter of witchcraft is somewhere in Edo, as I'm seeing the Benin mask on the poster, I'm doubting that rumour less.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Astark: 7:49am On Nov 24, 2019
Igbos are very disrespectful.

Why put a Benin heritage mask as a symbol of witchcraft? Useless tribe
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Astark: 7:49am On Nov 24, 2019
fr3do:
I heard that the headquarter of witchcraft is somewhere in Edo, as I'm seeing the Benin mask on the poster, I'm doubting that rumour less.
the headquarters of witches is in Igbo land that's why they are never developed
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Danzakidakura(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

North have been denying Christians freedom of religion up north there. They even chain a PhD holder because he converted to Christianity. So what i feel is all the religions are marking territory. North Muslim,South Christians. So witches should go break new ground because no space for them in Nigerian
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 24, 2019
Please how do I attend?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Dulcinea(f): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2019
This conference is a gathering of intellectuals and it's theme is on Witchcraft and it's practices...lol

I dunno why individuals are distorting it when they can learn from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 / Chigozie, IMSU Best Graduating Student Gets Employment, Car, Scholarship, & More / Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.