Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time? (1617 Views)

My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time? by Acidosis(m): 6:34am On Nov 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

If I won 25 millions today, I would still do my job. That's how passionate I am about it. Enough?

True, I get your points. However, the issues against housewives are largely related to finance. Without money issues, some women are passionate about kids, so much that they desire the idea of being a housewife.
Re: What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time? by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 25, 2019
Acidosis:

True, I get your points. However, the issues against housewives are largely related to finance. Without money issues, some women are passionate about kids, so much that they desire the idea of being a housewife.

I agree with you.
Re: What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time? by nlPoster: 6:49am On Nov 25, 2019
mysticwarrior:
and I would appreciate it if I stay behind the wall of strong silence if I do not have any reasonable thing to say.
Re: What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nothing. Just that stale old and unmarried feminists believe that it does not fit their ideology of the 'strong independent woman'; so they attack it in their crude, bitter way. Of course, being a housewife does give a woman many advantages. Here's a funny video about this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t5H_RcBecM
Re: What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time? by bukatyne(f): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
RisenPhoenix:
Nothing. Just that stale old and unmarried feminists believe that it does not fit their ideology of the 'strong independent woman'; so they attack it in their crude, bitter way. Of course, being a housewife does give a woman many advantages. Here's a funny video about this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t5H_RcBecM

Funny funny video.

Each generation idealizes the generation and think they have it far better or far worse.

The generation that wants to work do not consider the burn outs, tiredness from juggling a lot, facing a lot of pressures at work and still been expected to be the stabilizing force at home, attending meetings and children's open day at the same time, have time to hang out with friends while maintaining a 50hr work week, looking after the kids and bonding with hubby, being useful in church/mosque and been there for in-laws.

The generation that wants to stay at home forgets the brain drain, feeling of not achieving anything especially after school, husband's disrespectfulness (sadly a number of men tie earning to respect), the fear of depending on your husband hence accommodating his excesses, your in-laws maltreating you because they think you came to chop their brother's money, the fear of not having a choice if the marriage goes south etc.

I think we should all be self-aware and strive for whatever is balance to us.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time? by Ryan03(f): 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
zmpp:
what is wrong in being a housewife in this modern time?

men, do you place more value on non-housewives more than housewives?

see the idiot is even planning to be a full time house wife. Dont go and work, be looking for a man to hang your generational poverty and smelling kpekus on.
Re: What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time? by frozen70(f): 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
zmpp:
what is wrong in being a housewife in this modern time?

men, do you place more value on non-housewives more than housewives?

The present economic situation is the wrong reason for a woman to be a house wife

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Sex Before Marriage ( I'm Taking A Break) / How Does A Young Couple Deal With A Dying Child? / My Grandfathers Last Words Before He Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.