Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven (43641 Views)

Beautiful Female Engineer Turned Painter / Musah Mufeedah, Kogi Lady Painter Who Sponsors Her Education With Her Skills / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by vicardino(m): 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
EasternPrince:

Cos you are a self confessed hoe, why else?

U just made some saliva jump out of my mouth. Hab, haba
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by luluosas(m): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
Ignorance and oversabi killed him. My condolences to his family

1 Like

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Jbleenk: 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
Bobrisky1:
if you're in open field or ventilated area nothing go happen

what kill the guy was that he was in a confined area so the smoke was confined too

Yeah I get. Just thinking if there was a leak and gas somehow finds it’s way in the car. Best is not to sleep in car with engine running
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Jbleenk: 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Frankiss44:

But how did the smoke get into the car if the windows were up since he was using AC

A car that falls in eg river will get filled with water even if the windows were wound up.

No car is 100% sealed. That car was in an enclosure, once the enclosure is fillied up gas will sip into car through the tiniest of spaces available. Like I said, no car is 100% sealed.

2 Likes

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Frankiss44(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
Jbleenk:

A car that falls in eg river will get filled with water even if the windows were wound up.

No car is 100% sealed. That car was in an enclosure, once the enclosure is fillied up gas will sip into car through the tiniest of spaces available. Like I said, no car is 100% sealed.

I get.. Thanks
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by VanSARS: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
naijadrivablog:
A Lagos-based JD Auto Workshop car painter was found dead while sleeping in a car packed in a car paint oven . He was reported to have turned on the car, and switched on air-conditioning before dozing off.

According to reports, the deceased, named Oguntunbo, and his co-workers were forced to sleepover at the workshop due to the gridlock on the Lekki-Epe Expressway.

The victim was reported to have allegedly Apostle Joshua Selman sneaked out from an office, where he was initially sleeping with his coworkers, into a vehicle parked in the oven.

Before he slept in the car, Oguntunbo was said to have switched on the car ignition and the air conditioner so as to have a comfortable sleep.

The next day, his lifeless body was found in the car parked inside the exhaust-filled oven. Several attempts to revive him proved abortive.
One of his coworkers named Adesina, narrated what happened before the sad incident.

Oguntunbo’s boss, Daye Oruwari, while commiserating with the bereaved family, said the deceased started working at the workshop three months before the incident. He added that the company supported the family with the burial arrangements.
He stated,

According to the state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, no mark of violence was found on the corpse. He added that Oguntunbo’s remains were deposited in the mortuary for an autopsy.

These are some of the reasons why it’s a bad idea to sleep in a car, especially in a badly ventilated place where exhaust fumes can enter the car and kill the car occupant. One can die of suffocation as a weak AC will not be able to completely refresh the air inside the car.

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/11/25/lagos-car-painter-dies-while-sleeping-inside-car-parked-in-an-oven/

lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44, dominique, Mukina2, marpol
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by etibaba(m): 6:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
LadySarah:

might be true ,but will a professional do what he did?
I guess no.
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by YaksonFCA(m): 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
RIP
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by nedekid: 10:39am On Jan 11, 2022
madapcmod:
Died ignorantly

These mechanics are fond of using customer's vehicle with reckless abandon. Imagine your car left on from night till morning in this Buhari regime. Full tank don finish na
Cabon that will buildup in the engine nko undecided
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by AlphaTaikun: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2022
naijadrivablog:
A Lagos-based JD Auto Workshop car painter was found dead while sleeping in a car packed in a car paint oven . He was reported to have turned on the car, and switched on air-conditioning before dozing off.

According to reports, the deceased, named Oguntunbo, and his co-workers were forced to sleepover at the workshop due to the gridlock on the Lekki-Epe Expressway.

The victim was reported to have allegedly sneaked out from an office, where he was initially sleeping with his coworkers, into a vehicle parked in the oven.

Before he slept in the car, Oguntunbo was said to have switched on the car ignition and the air conditioner so as to have a comfortable sleep.

The next day, his lifeless body was found in the car parked inside the exhaust-filled oven. Several attempts to revive him proved abortive.
One of his coworkers named Adesina, narrated what happened before the sad incident.

Oguntunbo’s boss, Daye Oruwari, while commiserating with the bereaved family, said the deceased started working at the workshop three months before the incident. He added that the company supported the family with the burial arrangements.
He stated,

According to the state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, no mark of violence was found on the corpse. He added that Oguntunbo’s remains were deposited in the mortuary for an autopsy.

These are some of the reasons why it’s a bad idea to sleep in a car, especially in a badly ventilated place where exhaust fumes can enter the car and kill the car occupant. One can die of suffocation as a weak AC will not be able to completely refresh the air inside the car.

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/11/25/lagos-car-painter-dies-while-sleeping-inside-car-parked-in-an-oven/

WTF... Damn!
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
phransix2:
That's why HSE is compulsory in all establishments.

Probably wasn't educated on the dangers of doing such.

That was an Unsafe act.

Anything called safety is non-existent in Nigeria.
I never knew about HSE until i traveled out of the country.
I think, in Nigeria, they only exist in the oil sector.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chat Between A Mom Whose Child Is On Life Support And Her Boss / How Much Are You Earning Monthly from The Job You Are Doing Presently / Photo Of A Disabled Man Plastering A Wall That Shows Nobody Should Beg For Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.