Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

I'm Depressed Over My Height - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Depressed Over My Height (64373 Views)

Short Man Undergoes Painful Surgical Procedure To Increase His Height / Suicide Has Taken Over Me. I Can't Control It I'm Depressed / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

What could he do with tongue and fingers?

Nah me fear you pass o..... You seem to know things I don't, you're well exposed............. cheesy

U win.
I have giving up cheesy
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by newoffer: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
I am 5.6ft tall. with big head. u seem like u not grateful. enrich your mind and dont be lazy
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by adeememman(m): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.

As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.

This has made me an introvert and I don't socialize.

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!
I just smile each time i see comments like this cos its just a phase of your life you will soon overcome and i can bet it you will love yourself more dan anyone. First of all Im taller and older than you. 6 feet 5 inches to b precise. People have bad mouth can turn your treasure to trash if you dont know the value of what youve got. Have a mindset that your height is an asset, nobody can harass you if you can maintain a healthy lifestlye with it with small build. Eat well and if na ordinary press up u fit do, try and do it daily. Eat well so you will add weight. With time u will appreciate what youve got.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by kayo80(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
OP, I was also long in my late teens...about 6ft1..and I was super skinny. Girls loved me like that. I don't know what you are talking about saying you are depressed about your height. Some people would kill for that height you have.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Incredibleme: 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
AgreatMan:

I know exactly what this guy is going through because I once went through same. We nigerians are d worst at "bad mouthing" our fellow humans.

If u r an average dancer in Nigeria, people will yab u to "f##k off" d stage. That same average dance will earn u a standing ovation abroad.

By my estimation, it will take 50 years before Naija starts getting it.

To d op @Adekun33, don't ever bend, I will kee u if I catch u doing that nonsense.

Girls will say bad things about ur height but someday they will come to famz u. You will feel neglected as your friends will not like to walk beside u, but join a basketball team, u will surprised that everyone will suddenly want u in their team even tho your game is wack.

Hit the gym but don't kill yourself for muscles. Focus on having d right body posture. Don't carry it if it's too heavy. Have u seen d boxer they call Wilder? He is tall n slim but way stronger than boxers that have twice his muscle mass. Muscles no b strength.

You will be fine eventually. I wish I had someone to tell me this earlier so consider yourself luckier than me.

Now, let me give you a glimpse into your future. See my attached screenshot, that will be you too soon. A girl sent that message to me just yesterday. Not bragging, but if Tonto dike sees this girl, tonto would have already said "good evening ma" before realizing that she just fall her own hands.

I love u man. You will be fine. Don't mind all those short people telling u u are ungrateful, they are just putting their mouth in something they nothing about. only a tall I can actually advise a guy. I am 6ft5 by d way.

I'm touched man.
I'm 24, 1.92(6ft 4) and weigh 72kg and I really wish i could gain more weight but one thing I have come to realize is that my height is a gift. I use to be shy growing up especially during my 19s to early age 23 cus girls will taunt you, now i just rub it one their faces.

We tall guys need to stick together.

To the tall guys in the house, do you have this sense of joy when you sight someone as tall or taller than you when you go to a public place ir us it just me?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by kayo80(m): 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
LILBIMS:
Op,i can relate to how you feel,it happened to me also and i was around your age too,dont worry its a normal phase,you will pass through the phase ,i too was feeling so bad about my height back then but dont worry its one of the best tbing that will happen to you, and pleaee make sure that whenever you walk dont bend your back,so that you will have a great posture

Yeah, he should make sure he stands tall...no bending. I'm about the same height with him, and when I was his age, I can't count how many girls walked up to me and told me they just live my height and the fact that I don't bend.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by southome(m): 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
When you change your mental attitude towards your height you'll start being proud of it. And you said you are not skinny so I don't get it. Many guys will want to trade places with you. When you walk into a place they automatically feel intimidated, then they look at your face and you are not confident, you've spoilt everything. I'm 6.4 and enjoying it. Be proud of it, e no easy to get.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by lordswill03: 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yen yen yen, your mates are using their height to make a 3pointer in basket ball and you are useless your talent. Better start how you'll utilise that "longness"
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by southome(m): 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2019
Incredibleme:

I'm touched man.
I'm 24, 1.92(6ft 4) and weigh 72kg and I really wish i could gain more weight but one thing I have come to realize is that my height is a gift. I use to be shy growing up especially during my 19s to early age 23 cus girls will taunt you, now i just rub it one their faces.

We tall guys need to stick together.

To the tall guys in the house, do you have this sense of joy when you sight someone as tall or taller than you when you go to a public place ir us it just me?

Whenever I see someone as tall as I am or taller I walk up to him and be like "o boy u no fit pass me, turn make we measure". And they do the same most times.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by kayo80(m): 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
Chi59:

Uncle, I'm a female, 24, I'm 6'1. One inch shorter than you.
Do you know what it feels like to be a tall female? The disadvantages are not funny at all.
You're a man. Yours is better. Far better.

I love tall girls. Just looking at them gives me joy. smiley I'm 6ft1 myself... although closer to 6ft2.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

And u opened a new account just to say this??

6 foot 2 is normal tall, it's a great build and there's nothing about it to make a man ashamed, ur self esteem problem likely does not have anything to do with ur height.

Back in 2007, There's this guy in federal government college enugu, in SS3 @ age 17, he was 6 foot 9 and his junior sister was 6 foot 3.

Last time I knew he 7 foot 3 and wen he bends to pass thru a door, he doesn't need to bend only his head, but his back as well.

There's nothing wrong wit ur height, cheer up

Geez! Are you trying to advice him or scare him?
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by kayo80(m): 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
omoharry:
Can you imagine..I thought he wanted to say he is about 3ft tall.He is not serious

Lol
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by WalkerMichael(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lol bro. Been talll is cute. I'm tall too... Why do you feel depressed about it? Girls love tall guys so much

Nigga. I'm skinny with my tallness & girls still love me alot that way. Line an extremely tall skinny guy and a short fat guy, a girl will go for the former.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by davo90tico(m): 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.

As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!
Bro i know the feeling as am talking to you am almost 7ft. 6ft 9in to be precise, it hasn't been easy i felt the same way too for a while.
Everybody making fun of me, telling me am too tall. But i got over it bro now i own the space once i step in. You r a peculiar being created to stand out, be bold bro. Here is a pic i took with someone in church cos now everyone that sees me wants to take pic with me cos i didn't see it as a difference but a gift

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by emsco(m): 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
Go and watch this lovely movie called " Tall girl " on Netflix.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by anyicash(m): 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

your height is a blessing..make use of it.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Emmycute30(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
flex04:

i dn laff... he never jam me real live before, just be the jovial/ serious you when it's the time... be dominant... Make good money

Trust me no girl no go notice say u no get flesh... that's my motivation.

Like i said befr he never jam me real live grin grin grin grin

No mind am. Na small pikin dey worry am. Just watching babes blush cos of my height, face and the slim body na motivation to strive sef. Depression far o...see guy dey waste selling point..lol. Carry yourself well...your fellow guys go dey envy u. ooh...i forgot to mention gays sef don woo me for street wella
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Emmycute30(m): 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
davo90tico:

Bro i know the feeling as am talking to you am almost 7ft. 6ft 9in to be precise, it hasn't been easy i felt the same way too for a while.
Everybody making fun of me, telling me am too tall. But i got over it bro now i own the space once i step in. You r a peculiar being created to stand out, be bold bro. Here is a pic i took with someone in church cos now everyone that sees me wants to take pic with me cos i didn't see it as a difference but a gift

I being dey think say I tall o....abeg no come my area o. No come spoil my champion o
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Ahmad62(m): 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
You should be grateful
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by nedekid: 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
You no even tall sef. My 16 year old broke 6.2 at 15 years old.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by dnawah(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
izombie:
Op since you are tall, thank God. I am a tall and i thank God for that. Being tall is an asset. So what's your problem? Are you skinny or what?
it is an opportunity use it well, when I was playing basketball I wish to be like u,so that I can smatch the ball into the basket.don't u know that u r closer to heaven than some of us.if God throw money from heaven na who go catch am first.e be like say some small girls somewhere say u too tall?
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by tiptoe1: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
Truthisit:
But the best guys in NBA are mostly the 6-7 feet plus guys.
Check Akeem Olajuwon, Michael Jordan, Maggic Johnson, O'neal, Lebron James etc

The best guys in the NBA are not always 6'7. presently, there are more great players under 6'7 than over 6'7. It's not about height alone, a lot of things are involved.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by tiptoe1: 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
davo90tico:

How tall is the person in that picture?

You got a body of a basketball player, Na to just they play the center position, you go they grab rebounds pass Andre Drummond sef. I'm 6'3 but I wish I was as tall as you I swear.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Dulcinea(f): 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
Tall guys are the main koko o tongue

Don't be ashamed, adhere to the advice given by nlanders and put your height into good use
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Truthisit: 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
tiptoe1:

The best guys in the NBA are not always 6'7. presently, there are more great players under 6'7 than over 6'7. It[b]'s not about height alone, a lot of things are involved.[/b]

I agree to the bolded. But, you would agree that height advantage is vital
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by umarshehu58(m): 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
Go and watch the movie (Tall girl)
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by tiptoe1: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
Truthisit:

I agree to the bolded. But, you would agree that height advantage is vital

Sure, in positions like Center, Power forward and small forward. positions like Point guard and shooting guard doesn't require you to be tall. Nate Robinson wasn't up to 5'10, Allen Iverson was 6'10, Muggsy Bogues wasn't up to the 6ft. infact, 90% of the starting point guard in NBA today aren't up to 6'4.

Kyle Lowry, Steph curry, Ricky rubio, rajon rondo, trey young, Russel Westbrook, Lou Williams and alot more aren't up to 6'4 but these guys ball so hard.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by chee4fon(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
See this one � short people are looking for height, you're looking to be shorter.. #InsideLife .. Go and ask carpenter, let him knack ur head.. Or better still, go and play basketball.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
maiahsaiah:

Geez! Are you trying to advice him or scare him?

Scare him for what again? Read again. I told him there are teenagers much taller than he is. 6'2 is normal for a 19 year old with Tall genes
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by AreaFada2: 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2019
My friend make good use of your height.
Take up basketball as a hubby. Or even long jump.

You are not even that over tall at 1.88m. I know several people over 1.90m.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by 1972xy: 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
Do not worry. You will soon bless God for your height. You are still growing . make sure you dont curve your legs while walking.
You will be a very good athlete. Have you ever heard about Osein Bolt? He makes use of his height to become the unbeatable ....
I am happy for you oo
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Mcy56(f): 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2019
omomummy13:
Young man, stop wasting our time and mb.
Go insane first then i'll come and help your people flog nonsense and ingredient out of your body. Go and do height reduction surgery nah, make dem cut that your mumu brain comot. Rubbish
This comment cracked me up. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My New Girl Friend May Leave Me Because Of My Body. / Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice / Help I Need A Drugs That Can Make Me Last Long In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.