Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

I'm Depressed Over My Height - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Depressed Over My Height (64351 Views)

Short Man Undergoes Painful Surgical Procedure To Increase His Height / Suicide Has Taken Over Me. I Can't Control It I'm Depressed / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
Perfectdanny:
You're tall and depressed not that am tall o am actually 5.6 but i reached the final stage of screening for 78rri nigerian army. I was called again to check my height carefully.

I wasnt screened out but i was singled out cos of my height. Mehn ya really lucky to be that tall. Girls love tall guys and it makes u attractive and cute.

I wish i could be 5.8 or maybe 6.2 like u. Dude be very grateful.

Even 5.8 is still short. No mind dat langa langa boy jare grin
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by dannybrasky(m): 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
Forward77:
Take my advise,
You are lucky to be that tall.
Hit the gym once a while to build your body and you’ll regain your self esteem!

Next!!!
Best advice.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by khannet(m): 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
Thanks for the write up!
Indeed a fitness routine helps you release stress and stay active throughout the day. One should always take out time for a quick workout session. Dmoose Fitness
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
Toks2008:

I guess you are in Naija.

When you visit western countries you will have a reverse depression when you realise how short you are.

I am 6:2 though at a full age but when I see some really tall guys and even ladies below 18, I just hide my face.

U know Akpu no dey grew allow Nigerians tall grin
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by molybdenum0012: 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.

As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.

This has made me an introvert and I don't socialize.

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!

Lol.... so funny.
I used to feel like you back in the days. I never realized my height would be one of the thing people would admire about me, especially ladies.

When you get to your mid-20 and early 30s you will be grateful to God for creating you a tall person. I have been there, so chill.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Champneys: 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.
As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.
So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!
Ok. undecided
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Princeton92(m): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
Look at you N I'm 174cm I envy though beyond 185cm.
Enjoy your height N be delighted with it j00r
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Princeton92(m): 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
ChukfukaChukfuk:
cool..... JUST 6.2ft ! And you think say na you LONG pass abi?

This man's dick fit kill this woman oo cry undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Goalnaldo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sunofgod:
Are you in primary school?

If you were Osinbanjos height nko?
6ft 2 is a perfect height.

Nothing worse than being a short man.
or having bald head tongue

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by TheSourcerer: 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
xtremeTall:
Im 23 and Taller than you bro,,just ignore them and be only concerned about your goals in Life
hmm likewise , where are you ?
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

Being tall commands respect. Be thankful. Or maybe you would have preferred to have been born a dwarf.

Go learn basketball and turn it into a financial asset for yourself.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by OVikkytan49: 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
70% of short people (especially males) would wish to be almost as tall or even tall as you are, and you're there, depressed over your height?
Don't worry boy, you'll soon get over it.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by clems88(m): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
My friend go and join the nearest basket ball team and stop complaining.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Slimsly100(f): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
yea am skinny

But not that skinny tho

Come, awe, u shouldn't feel depressed at all.
At ur age u might look skinny but as u mature, everywhere will fill out and you'll begin to see the advantage of ur height and stature. wink
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Amoto94(m): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
Don't feel too bad about yourself because your height is a gift and strength, if you aren't paying attention to basketball or athletics do consider doing so. I'm the same height with you and when I talk people listen because I have positive things to say. Read far and wide also because with it comes knowledge and power to communicate effectively.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by flex04(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
Emmycute30:
Guy be happy. I was already 6.2ft at 18yrs old. Was called many names...Dongo and all...but bro, it's my selling point now. Na women's dream guy dey make u depressed? Better cheer up...you will add weight as you grow older.

i dn laff... he never jam me real live before, just be the jovial/ serious you when it's the time... be dominant... Make good money

Trust me no girl no go notice say u no get flesh... that's my motivation.

Like i said befr he never jam me real live grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by zomby(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
When I first saw this topic, for a quick second I thought you were a midget...You are 6'3 tall and you're depressed?? What is your problem?
Do you know how many folks out there that want to have your height?

Abeg, go to the gym, start to pump iron on a regular, eat well and surround yourself with good people....With time, your confidence will build up and all will come together.

And please stop crying and be grateful.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by blesoh(f): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
martowskin1:
Both u and the mod who brought this to front page, lack common sense
cheesy cheesy
How can you be depressed because you are tall what do you want Aki and pawpaw to do?
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
I'm 180cm,I wish I can get to 184cm or 185cm because it'd help me in football.People tell me I'm tall but I get pissed off sometimes because I don't feel that tall. That's life sha,to everyone shorter than you, you're tall. To everyone taller than you,you're short. My elder brother is around 175cm. My parents should be around 170cm(mum) and 173cm(dad). I'm actually blessed,I shouldn't be this tall. God has a reason
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Clinghton: 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
hit the gym and balance your height
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Cutiekatty: 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
My bro I am 6.6ft tall and am not depressed, my elder bro is 7ft tall and very confident
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2019
Luiz1:

Even 5.8 is still short. No mind dat langa langa boy jare grin
5.8 thats average bro.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Alexun(m): 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

If you are really serious about this, then it's time to hit the gym! In a month's time, you will be proud of your physique. I was once there too!
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
Catchfirez:
How is the weather up there?
How is the weather down there? grin
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
flex04:

leave op alone, i thought he was short after reading the headline.

Me that am ranging between 5.5/.8 (not sure), when people say am talk i do get pissed because i dnt feel tall

5.5/.8 and some people are saying u're tall?

Haba grin
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

He must have long fingers and active tongue....... tongue

I dey fear u cheesy.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by tosyne2much(m): 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
You sound weird OP

I'm 6ft 5in and I love it.. I only need to build my body so I'll look mancho
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2019
I am short and people make fun of me for been short sometimes, but i don't give a shit, Although i would have loved to be tall still i am not bothered or depressed about it. You are tall and complaining about been tall? cheesy Anyway, Different folks with different problems..

I am not a poor man and i can say that i am successful in The ways i wanted to be, i ve never find it difficult Getting women, Though some of them tells me oh! i am good looking but i am not their type co's i am short, i just laugh, thank them and move on.. perhaps you should trying been short for one day you will see what life is like for short people.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by slam7000(m): 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

If I hear you mention ‘low self esteem and lack of confidence’ again, I’ll find you and deal with you.

Go and ask Aki and Pawpaw how they felt before they became popular.

Your only problem should be finding the right shoe size. Aki and Pawpaw used to shop for shoes at the children’s and babies stores.
Guess how they’d feel if it was possible to get a few inches off you?

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
jclassiq:

Everything is not about woman woman my friend. What is wrong with you ppl sef?
Everything you do in life is to impress woman Tufia!!

Okay, I'm sorry...for you.

Get the hell out of here, with your gay arse. I wasn't talking to you.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by MrMakaveli20(m): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kids of these days get depressed over trivial things. it's a pity.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by martowskin1(m): 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
blesoh:

cheesy cheesy
How can you be depressed because you are tall what do you want Aki and pawpaw to do?

This indomie age generation get depressed over everything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My New Girl Friend May Leave Me Because Of My Body. / Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice / Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.