Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

I'm Depressed Over My Height - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Depressed Over My Height (64311 Views)

Short Man Undergoes Painful Surgical Procedure To Increase His Height / Suicide Has Taken Over Me. I Can't Control It I'm Depressed / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Kmat: 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
chee dis one gbadun ni?
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by LyfeJennings(m): 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
Ori e o pe
The things u take 4granted r what people kill 4
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by omomummy13: 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
Young man, stop wasting our time and mb.

Go insane first then i'll come and help your people flog nonsense and ingredient out of your body. Go and do height reduction surgery nah, make dem cut that your mumu brain comot. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by optimusprime2(m): 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
Wait o... for just 6ft 2?
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Codes151(m): 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
The depression isn’t your height. But your sense!!

Rubbish! 1.88m.

And your hear disturbing the forum!!

Smh! Shatta bundle nko? Or aki

Smh

Even mynd44 Oman’s lala are 1.40m you r here talking! Be happy
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by itswell10: 5:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.

As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.

This has made me an introvert and I don't socialize.

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!

DM me. Been in that shoe before
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by actrinity(m): 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.

As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!
I'm 6.8 tall dude and I feel on top of the world. u supposed to be happy, not sad, since you're not even among 100 tallest men in your village, not to talk of ur state.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by captainking(m): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

young man...start lifting weights,,,then you will fully appreciate your height
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Femeto: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

Its normal. No worries.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by nauto: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
See me see trouble
Are you a short boy
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

You should attached a pix.
You know what? Hit the gym. It will help keep you fit and in good shape. Try it and thank me later.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Legendguru: 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
hmmm
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by AgreatMan: 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
DBlackCeazer:
I totally understand the op's plight. Growing up in Naija as a tall person wrecks your self esteem, you hear words like Dogo, longy, tallest etc. When I was much skinnier, a friend once said I could be swept away by the wind. Lol, and I am just 6ft 75kg o. I just ignore people who make funny comments about my height and hit the gym once in a while.

I know exactly what this guy is going through because I once went through same. We nigerians are d worst at "bad mouthing" our fellow humans.

If u r an average dancer in Nigeria, people will yab u to "f##k off" d stage. That same average dance will earn u a standing ovation abroad.

By my estimation, it will take 50 years before Naija starts getting it.

To d op @Adekun33, don't ever bend, I will kee u if I catch u doing that nonsense.

Girls will say bad things about ur height but someday they will come to famz u. You will feel neglected as your friends will not like to walk beside u, but join a basketball team, u will surprised that everyone will suddenly want u in their team even tho your game is wack.

Hit the gym but don't kill yourself for muscles. Focus on having d right body posture. Don't carry it if it's too heavy. Have u seen d boxer they call Wilder? He is tall n slim but way stronger than boxers that have twice his muscle mass. Muscles no b strength.

You will be fine eventually. I wish I had someone to tell me this earlier so consider yourself luckier than me.

Now, let me give you a glimpse into your future. See my attached screenshot, that will be you too soon. A girl sent that message to me just yesterday. Not bragging, but if Tonto dike sees this girl, tonto would have already said "good evening ma" before realizing that she just fall her own hands.

I love u man. You will be fine. Don't mind all those short people telling u u are ungrateful, they are just putting their mouth in something they nothing about. only a tall I can actually advise a guy. I am 6ft5 by d way.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by ultimatekint(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

What you should be proud of, put on nice and well sown clothes and enjoy yourself, You are now complaining foolishly.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Ajibade123(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
your tall height is making you depressed WTF wetin we no go see like this
anyway see how to identify the talent in an organization https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-identify-top-talent-in-your-organization/
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by madgoat(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sunofgod:
Are you in primary school?

If you were Osinbanjos height nko?
6ft 2 is a perfect height.

Nothing worse than being a short man.

Its so obvious u are greatly pained because u are a short man. grin
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Truthisit: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2019
But the best guys in NBA are mostly the 6-7 feet plus guys.
Check Akeem Olajuwon, Michael Jordan, Maggic Johnson, O'neal, Lebron James etc
tiptoe1:

There are NBA players shorter than 6ft just that they're not much. Kay fielder and Isaiah Thomas are examples
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by BlackCrainte: 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
Go to a chemist and ask for Sniper.

Ingest and you will never be depressed again.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Weirdgee: 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
You tall u are still complaining...SMH.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Meklex(m): 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
I understand your concerns at OP. I was a short dude (5'4) during my secondary school days and all of a sudden I was 5'9, that was in 2009/2010 before I entered the university.

My parents and siblings taunted me tire. Then I entered the university and people were envying my height.

I am currently around 6'1/2 and in my mid 20s and I have had girls interested in me because of my height.

The only thing you should do is to dress nice, eat well, walk with swag and confidence. I am slim too.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by DanZubair(m): 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
This one is complaining of her height.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Hollykid: 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
That guy was 6'7 when he was 19 now at mid 20s even Juliet Ibrahim dey crush on him

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
Oni yeye angry
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Robinto01: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yours is better. I am 6.4 ft tall & I am happy for that. People respect very well for my height & girls do stare at me most times. Hit the gym for like 2 hours & your self esteem would be like an eagle in the sky.
Adekun33:

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Lexusgs430: 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2019
sassysure:

I dey fear u cheesy.

What could he do with tongue and fingers?

Nah me fear you pass o..... You seem to know things I don't, you're well exposed............. cheesy
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by kayusdguy(m): 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
Alaye, C Ronaldo is your height, see where he is today. Diego Costa is your height, see where he is today. Even Pogba is taller than you, see where he is today. Aubumeyang, good players and the likes, most of them are 6 or 6 plus, go and research on them and get your confidence from them.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by sisisioge: 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
Hmmm...you're probably still very skinny, which is normal, thus your embarrassment. A time will come when some weight will sit on you and you would be proud...this reminds me of one of my paddies. You will be fine jare, be patient.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

im 16 and 6'6 its pretty cool
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Timijo(m): 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
This guy registered today and posted this low self-esteem topic. I reserve the remaining comments.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by NoraPibowei(f): 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
6'2 no long,I have a friend that is 6'7 and he's not complaining and he even be like bone but girls still dey rush am,u never see tall if u see person wey tall pass u,u go thank God.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by manshoro: 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lolz... Why Na? U should be proud of what God has made you be. You can change it because it's beautiful to be tall. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

See The Massive Fibroid Doctors Removed From A Woman's Stomach. Graphic Photos / Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice / A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.