Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? (20592 Views)

Launching a Career in 2024: Advise a Fresh Graduate / As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job / Where Can I Begin Life Cheaply As A Fresh Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by 7victor(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2019
Go for your masters.

I remember how someone told me this after I graduated in 2010 as a fresh graduate.

I was not disobedient to that advice.

Now I am even running a PhD and GOD helped me to get a lecturing job.

Just go for your masters.

babasadiq79:
Hello i just graduated from the University, i need advice from experienced people.
To the experienced peoplewhat did you do when you graduated?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Sylvasky(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2019
Is Digital Marketing For You?

Digital marketing as a skill and profession is very incredible yet we know not everyone is destined to become a professional in the field.

SylvaSky Trends is organizing a 60minutes Free Discussion titled "DIGITAL MARKETING EXPLAINED (DM Explained)".

In this 90% practical training, you will discover;

1. The hidden truth about Digital Marketing

2. The requirement to become a Digital Marketing Expert

3. Opportunities in Digital marketing

4. How to stand out in the crowd and get your dream job

5. Things you should avoid if you want to succeed in Digital Marketing.

How will the DM Explained be delivered?

DM Explained will be delivered using Telegram Group /sylvasky and group audio conference call platform Click ��� https://forms.gle/BS8AgkSWz98F6Yym7 to register.

Date and Time of this program?

The date and time details will be communicated after a successful registration

� If you are a student trying to explore better career options - this is directly for you.

� If you are a graduate curious about what Digital marketing is about and what can be in it for you, this is for you.

� If you have tried to know digital marketing but still not getting the flow, this is for you.

� If you have enrolled or finished any digital marketing course but still confused on what to do next, this is for you

This program is for beginners and intermediate who are yet to get a grip on digital marketing activities.

The only Pre-requisites if a smartphone and an internet connection.

The registration is free.

If you have any queries or you want to know more regarding the training, please contact us at

sylvaskytraining@gmail.com or Telegram on 08026521855.

If you want to be part of the global Revolution, the TIME IS NOW!.
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Juliearth(f): 11:41am On Nov 30, 2019
sheDD:
social scientists will sing up 4 what??

I am not sure, but you can always ask a seasoned professional in your field for guidance.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 11:56am On Nov 30, 2019
Juliearth:

[s]

I am not sure, but you can always ask a seasoned professional in your field for guidance. [/s]
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2019
Alakoba ladies will say he should go and marry

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2019
royalads:
My advice to any fresh graduate is to get certifications. Go get real certifications. I cannot overemphasize the importance of getting certifications. My friends who are HR managers in big Companies tell me they have vacancies. Plenty lot of them. But they rarely get people with the required certifications and couple of years of experience to take them up. For instance, there is a very high demand for Business analysts, HR analysts and Managers and Project managers with CIPM or PMP, PRINCE2 or SIGMA. These certifications don't come cheap but it sets you ahead of others. Also, the startup pay for them is not bad too.

Another option is to acquire IT skills. You can never go wrong with that. Thankfully, with YouTube, you don't have to pay through your nose to get started. Simply search for 'Skill name + tutorials' on YouTube. Find videos that are over 5 hours long. Take the course religiously. After that, register on Upwork and Freelance to offer your skill there. This is what thousands of 'reasonable' youths are doing to make thousands of dollars month. If you have a smartphone, laptop and access to internet and you are still broke, then your head needs to be checked seriously.
Daz all
Employers mouth are always sweet about importance of certifications because there are millions and massive supply of graduate in the Nigerian labour market. There is no high demand anywhere it's just shakara because why will a PhD holder decide to become a truck driver in Dangote.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by darkhorizon: 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2019
oluwaseyi000:
My guy you need skills asap

I will strongly advise you learn IT skills - programming will be good and if you can afford it CCNA, programing is what saved my life, it's the reason why i am alive and balling, i got a job with a reputable IT firm before finishing my service and when there was mass layoff in my place i got another job within same month with plenty other offers i turned down, when people hear my pay they tend not to believe it

All my friends that are not into IT are still on the street getting insulted with 25k, 40k jobs even the one that attended private school while my other programmer friend is even better than me

The street is tough my brother, no one cares, everyone expects from you, even your parent will stylishly start nagging about food, something they've been doing since your birth but now it will be a big deal to them

This country and society is of no help unless you have something doing you will be tempted with all sort of vice, don't wait till you become desperate, start now

Which programming language did you start with G? And what career path, is it Data science or web development or what?
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Insectkiller: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2019
partnerbizn5:
This question is ambiguous, blanket, and looks like finding a needle in a haystack or looking for a virgin in Unilag...
[b]
...hmmm, d question looks like finding a virgin in Uni[/b]lag..

That's deep

shocked
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Insectkiller: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2019
partnerbizn5:
This question is ambiguous, blanket, and looks like finding a needle in a haystack or looking for a virgin in Unilag...

...hmmm, d question looks like finding a virgin in Unilag..

That's deep

shocked
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Perfectman91: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
Newguyhere:
The internet, it can change your financial destiny forever!!

Pls can throw more light on this?
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Brightgem(f): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2019
royalads:
My advice to any fresh graduate is to get certifications. Go get real certifications. I cannot overemphasize the importance of getting certifications. My friends who are HR managers in big Companies tell me they have vacancies. Plenty lot of them. But they rarely get people with the required certifications and couple of years of experience to take them up. For instance, there is a very high demand for Business analysts, HR analysts and Managers and Project managers with CIPM or PMP, PRINCE2 or SIGMA. These certifications don't come cheap but it sets you ahead of others. Also, the startup pay for them is not bad too.

Another option is to acquire IT skills. You can never go wrong with that. Thankfully, with YouTube, you don't have to pay through your nose to get started. Simply search for 'Skill name + tutorials' on YouTube. Find videos that are over 5 hours long. Take the course religiously. After that, register on Upwork and Freelance to offer your skill there. This is what thousands of 'reasonable' youths are doing to make thousands of dollars month. If you have a smartphone, laptop and access to internet and you are still broke, then your head needs to be checked seriously.
Daz all
Great advice. Than all those be an entrepreneur crew. Not everyone will be one.

OP volunteer, or find an Intern placement especially in fields you are certain you want to work. That's how you'll gain experience along with your certifications as mentioned here. Make sure you sharpen relevant modern day skills relevant across a lot of sectors. And you asked the right question. Ignore Nay sayers.
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by victorcompovine(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2019
babasadiq79:
Hello i just graduated from the University, i need advice from experienced people.
To the experienced peoplewhat did you do when you graduated?

I fried akara(beancake) & yam at Ikosi ketu, Lagos, every evening because thats the best fast food lagosians prefer in the evening after a hectic day @ work. then later every night, i move to shrine to sell Crack for the depressed and frustated souls in lagos. infact i was busy saving lives of people willing to commit suicide after when i graduated from school 2010... Currently i run a private it business in computer village and i still own a restaurant & bar in within my resindential jurisdiction (Ketu- ikosi)

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by AI007(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
oluwaseyi000:
My guy you need skills asap

I will strongly advise you learn IT skills - programming will be good and if you can afford it CCNA, programing is what saved my life, it's the reason why i am alive and balling, i got a job with a reputable IT firm before finishing my service and when there was mass layoff in my place i got another job within same month with plenty other offers i turned down, when people hear my pay they tend not to believe it

All my friends that are not into IT are still on the street getting insulted with 25k, 40k jobs even the one that attended private school while my other programmer friend is even better than me

The street is tough my brother, no one cares, everyone expects from you, even your parent will stylishly start nagging about food, something they've been doing since your birth but now it will be a big deal to them

This country and society is of no help unless you have something doing you will be tempted with all sort of vice, don't wait till you become desperate, start now

bro which aspect of programming is more sort after or rather which kind of programming do you do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Lutinainspires: 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
Sell something.
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by bukkielee(m): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2019
way
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Ajibade123(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
partnerbizn5:
must you be stupid
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Rules7: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
[quote author=Slawormir post=84490077]Damnnnnn niggar
Sent you a message

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Knox123(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
AI007:

bro which aspect of programming is more sort after or rather which kind of programming do you do?

shocked

Most Nigerians are currently embracing

Python
React
Nodes.js

Others are pursuing

Data analysis
Data structure
Cybersecurity
CCNA / CCNP / CCNE

That is the one I know...
It pains me that someone will drop comments about how they learn one I.T skills and they are getting bucks with it, when their fellow dude as them which I.T field is that, they keep mute... cry

Na so we go dey dey?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Ajibade123(m): 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2019
Get a good CV
see easy certifications you can add to your resume https://explicitsuccess.com/easy-certifications-to-add-to-your-resume/
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by iamleumas: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2019
Hi
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by VICTOR4LYF(m): 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
BuhariDcow:
The best way for a fresh graduate? I think it's left. Yes, just turn left and walk straight dooowwnnn...
Oops! I'm sorry, you have to turn right.
I'm confused right now. I just called Buhari and he said it's more like a marching order.
Left right
grin grin LWKMD
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Princerichi0(m): 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2019
obamartins:
Certification is better but don't venture into it with all ur savings. Certifications won't put food on ur table immediately. Find something that will give you steady income. After graduating worked for a while with no good income. Naa so I carry laptop connected to the Internet and started book publishing. Today, I am free. I see between N900,000 - N1,000,000 monthly by God's Grace and have been doing this and taking care of a lot of financial obligations. Take advantage of the Internet legitimately and be financially free. No company in Nigeria will pay you what a dedicated and diligent work will give you on the Internet legitimately without defrauding anyone.

Spend 30 Minutes a Day Learning a Marketable Skill

Success doesn’t go to the smartest or strongest, but to the most skilled.

When you have something valuable to offer the marketplace, people will pay you for it.

Devote 30 minutes a day to learning new skills for fun and profit. The Youtube is my teacher and i will be most grateful to God for opening my eyes to skills there.

Whether it’s writing, coding, marketing, Facebook ads, a new language, sales or negotiation, don’t let a day go by where you don’t improve your skill set and abilities.

Work no dey Nigeria o, use ur tongue count ur teeth b4 hand meet u.

Peace!

Boss, please teach me. How did you do it.
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by roladex(f): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
Go n learn handwork
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by MacMaster01(m): 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by leomarz007: 11:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
skills, it certifications and most importantly your gift

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by komodapson(m): 2:08am On Dec 01, 2019
SincereBigot:
Join politics or become a pastor cool

If you could try and listen to this advice
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Tekmachine: 6:00am On Dec 01, 2019
Seek the Kingdom of God first my dear then He will surely direct you, for we men do not even know what is best for ourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by kovic7(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2019
Please everyone I need help too. I'm very confused right now. I just graduated too (HND business administration, 22, Oct this year). Now I'm waiting for NYSC I'm very depressed and nervous about what the future holds.
No guarantee of job and I'm a self sponsored student. My discipline isn't too marketable in the labour market (I may be wrong though). So, I don't want to be caught off-guard by the reality of things when I finish service. I have a laptop and I can afford data. Please I need help and mentoring on what I can do online (legit).
Please, I'm very ready to learn. My number is 08100528345, whatsapp...
Help a brother please. Make perzin no go put hand for bad things....
NB. I'm a good barber too!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by SimeonOTC(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2019
kovic7:
Please everyone I need help too. I'm very confused right now. I just graduated too (HND business administration, 22, Oct this year). Now I'm waiting for NYSC I'm very depressed and nervous about what the future holds.
No guarantee of job and I'm a self sponsored student. My discipline isn't too marketable in the labour market (I may be wrong though). So, I don't want to be caught off-guard by the reality of things when I finish service. I have a laptop and I can afford data. Please I need help and mentoring on what I can do online (legit).
Please, I'm very ready to learn. My number is 08100528345, whatsapp...
Help a brother please. Make perzin no go put hand for bad things....
NB. I'm a good barber too!

lolgrin
me and you dey dsam train oh..
same hnd and graduation date..waiting for servicegrin
lol..at a time, i use to be scared of the future, but now, i dnt think so..no worry shagrin it is wellgrin

me am into web development and graphic design now

1 Like

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by kovic7(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
SimeonOTC:

lolgrin
lol..at a time, i use to be scared of the future, but now, i dnt think so..no worry shagrin it is wellgrin

Show ur guy way I beg...
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by Knox123(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2019
SimeonOTC:

lolgrin

Where u for dey learn ur graphics and web dev? cool
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? by SimeonOTC(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2019
Knox123:

Where u for dey learn ur graphics and web dev? cool
omo na youtube,udemy and youtube oh..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fear Of Job Losses As FX Scarcity Persists, Oil Prices Crash Further / Help, I'm Having Challenges At Work! / Nigerian Female Lawyers Should Be Allowed To Wear Trousers In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.