Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. (20176 Views)

Alaghodaro Summit Not A Govt Parastatal, Has No Office In Govt House - Edo Govt / My Personal Experience At Apple Junction During Peter Obi's Rally / How Does One Get A Government Appointment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by hergists(f): 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
davillian:
They were just misbehaving until I started shelling out cash....
The process was suppose to be 3 weeks got it out in less than 5hrs....

Cash is their language na.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Habeyy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
Blueelf:

Don't mind them

Tomorrow, the said govt worker will go to church asking enemies of Nigeria to die by fire. If God were to answer all such prayers, many govt workers will be no more
grin

Die daaaa daaa daaaa dieee by firrrrreee!!! grin
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by miib: 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2019
seborrhic:

And you also believe she has been sacked because she tore your letter?If sacking someone is that easy,even in the private sector,then half of all employees would be changed on a yearly basis.
They didn't call you to testify,they didn't call her,witnesses of the event and vroom your mighty letter got her sacked
Even if she molested you,getting an employee sacked under the civil service is not done at the whims and caprices of one overlord sitting down somewhere,so don't start deluding yourself.

How are u so sure someone has not reported her for one case of the other, or she has not had series of queries before!

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TruthHurts100: 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
hergists:
I'll go first.

I had to collect an envelope from NIPOST. Met with the woman in charge and she had this air of importance all around her.

At first, she checked my receipt and delayed me for about 20 minutes at the counter without telling me where she is going to. She just left me there. I didn't talk. I waited.

Then, she asked me to write my name and address at the back of the envelope. And left me for another 10 minutes or so.

Then, she came back to tell me to sign at the front of the envelope. I did that too. But I wondered why she didn't ask me to do this at a go.

All in all, I spent almost 30 minutes to collect an envelope that shouldn't take up to 5 minutes.

If Nigeria is to move forward and progress, the reform should start from these government agencies.

Your turn,

It's because you don't look like someone she could extort. grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Habeyy:

Broad pls calm down,I truly understand and see things from your point

You know their are two sides to a story,in this case the victim and the perpetrator
I have people directly under me and I also conduct business dealings everyday

I was also a victim sometimes ago
After "finishing" from d university ,the normal procedure is to wait for the cleared list which contains the course you sat for...reference,missing e.t.c

I got to my department ,checked the board and noticed two things
First,my project score wasn't listed
I was graded in a particular course which I didn't register in my course form

I entered the office of the lecturer in charge ..
"Good morning sir" he started shouting and abusive
"Get out of my office"
At that point, I had to leave the office and i was told by
Some folks told me to write letter to the HOD ..I did

I was made to wait till eternity before correction,what the man in charge should have done in hours and/days
I was made to wait for close to two years

Would you have blamed me if I had sued the University and the lecturers got sacked for negligence of duty and making a poor student wait endlessly for two years for the fault he didn't cause

Bro...You know what

Congratulations to you if uve added me to ur enemity list

God help you carry the burden

wink
If u sue the university, the lecturer will not be sacked for negligence of duty. He will be warned, warned again, queried, another query, panel will sit and debate on his case, then vote, and sack letter if necessary.
There are protocols.
They will sue sometimes and win.
U follow protocols.
Sometimes, they suspend and then call back or sack.
When u don't do that, it's also abuse of office from your angle.

Sorry for what happened to u but that is how it's done.

Although private organisations do sack as they deem fit but they still have labour policies that protect employers else people will abuse it.

That was why I said the lady shouldn't be sacked. Unless someone is lying somewhere, that lady may not have been sacked. That reason holds no water in the court of law and the public service code.
U don't recklessly abuse your power because u want to punish a junior officer. The tides will crash against u if the junior officer has more muscles than u.
U follow due protocols.
As long as it's firs, or any public organisation, even the military, u don't sack because of that. It's impossible.
If the person is known to always do that after severally warning and queries, most times, u set them up with a stronger case and add all to push for the sack.
Most times, they are transferred. Its done a lot in firs, nepa, custom, police, all these big parastatals and agencies.
I know the system so well.

Remember, if the person is giving a query, she may deny what she did. Do u have evidence? It's a job seekers word against the staff.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by ForkDragnet: 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
that's heartless.. And you are happy somebody lost their job because of you. I am in no way in support of the way you got treated. But habba how can you get some one sacked in this harsh economy and you have peace of mind. You dont know if she is her family's bread winner..
kip quiet, you must be one of those rude Gov't workers

I no pity that woman at all

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TenthMan(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

People like you are one of the reasons we are where we are today as a nation.

Leave am leave am na woman or person mama e be.

Leave am leave am na elderly person oo don't you have respect for your elders

Leave am leave am na my brother or tribe person

Na so Nigeria take scatter finish

Sentimentalism

Class/wealth
Ethnic Group
Friend
Tribe
Self
Blood
Religion
Race
Organization
Social Group

An average Nigerian thinks and considers these before taking any action. Hardly are actions taken for general common good.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TerrorSquad147: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
amiibaby:
I submitted a letter in FIRS and the letter was torn by a lady at TPS all because the have a replica of that letter in their file and she is already stamped it and can't release it cos her signature is in it. When I asked her to just cancel her signature and return my letter she insisted on it being destroyed sat on the waiting chair waiting for her to make up her mind all of a sudden she tore the letter right to my face... I left there and came back the following day with a letter copying the regional office the head office the chairman and to whom it may concern within a second all the people in FIRS came including her and was begging me but I didn't bulge I submitted it and emailed the rest... I heard she has been sacked from FIRS.... Its good to know ur onion
I swear I love you this moment
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by oodua1stson: 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
amiibaby:
I submitted a letter in FIRS and the letter was torn by a lady at TPS all because the have a replica of that letter in their file and she is already stamped it and can't release it cos her signature is in it. When I asked her to just cancel her signature and return my letter she insisted on it being destroyed sat on the waiting chair waiting for her to make up her mind all of a sudden she tore the letter right to my face... I left there and came back the following day with a letter copying the regional office the head office the chairman and to whom it may concern within a second all the people in FIRS came including her and was begging me but I didn't bulge I submitted it and emailed the rest... I heard she has been sacked from FIRS.... Its good to know ur onion
sack ke?

Aiye ooo
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Vivikema: 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
Two days after I finished my exams,I fell Ill and decided to go to the school clinic(a federal uni) but the nurses said she won't attend to I and some others all because we are done with exams.......I was like wtf,I had to call my uncle that works in senate who called the director,the next thing that happened was that I was called with a frown on their face

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Emotionss: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
TenthMan:

Sentimentalism

Class/wealth
Ethnic Group
Friend
Tribe
Self
Blood
Religion
Race
Organization
Social Group

An average Nigerian thinks and considers these before taking any action. Hardly are actions taken for general common good.

Our mumu never do.
When we are ready for development we know what to do as a people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by dustydee: 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
that's heartless.. And you are happy somebody lost their job because of you. I am in no way in support of the way you got treated. But habba how can you get some one sacked in this harsh economy and you have peace of mind. You dont know if she is her family's bread winner..
This is why these things continue to happen in Nigeria. If people are made an example, others will learn. If she lost her job, are you not happy for the person that replaced her? If she does not value the job, let someone else take her place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by maasoap(m): 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
amiibaby:

I almost went through with this but I changed my mind when they came with the people I knew to appeal to me and they equally did what I wanted all along. PHCN staff at the time

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by talk2aikay(m): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
All this self-righteous people condemning your move are just hypocrites. They’d probably do worse if they were in your shoes.

The truth is that these civil servants are a wicked lot, I don’t understand the sadistic pleasure they derive from treating people that call at their offices badly.

It’s either they’re extorting or getting on a damn high horse for no reason. She deserved the sack, maybe in her next job she’ll behave better.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by maasoap(m): 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:

She got herself sacked, she had it coming.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by SolarHub(m): 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ok
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Depressed101: 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Oga shut up there and stop being emotional. Even if she die you don't have to pity her.. most of them are stone hearted and cruel.. why you dey behave like woman like this
you have been known to be a big fool... I am not surprised at your exhibition.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by maasoap(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
oz4real83:
This is exactly the same reason Nigerian importers choose to use the ports of neighbouring countries instead of Nigerian ports. We make life difficult for ourselves all in the name of patronage. A Nigerian worker, agency, ministry or institution being paid to work always feels they are doing somebody favour by working. This mindset must change.

It has to. And if you try to claim your right, they will still use that little power they have to deal with you. Las las, na u go humble yourself when u realise that they wan use frustration kill u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Depressed101: 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
francesawesome:
you're even heartless with your comment. Because its not you it happened to. They see themselves as God. She has family is that why she treats people like scum
i still wouldn't have done what she did
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Depressed101: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
kstyle2:
people like you are the reason why this nation is going down daily. A woman acted in an unprofessional manner, which probably isn't the first time she's done that and she should be excused? Her sack will serve as a deterrent to others who exhibit such behaviours. Go to airports and see how immigration officers collect bribe with reckless abandon and threaten customers that if they don't bulge, they would miss their flight. Do you know that if a spy camera can be worn by a passenger who is been forced to bribe these immigration guys, and those involved lose their jobs, and jailed for such, you will never hear of such act because no one knows if he'll be next but we tend to tolerate rubbish
another hypocrite Nigerian.. Mr. Holy man.. Mcheewww, NExt...
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Depressed101: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
Blueelf:

I guess the Lady that tire an official document is loving, right?

Are you a government worker?
no i am not, but i will accept an apology instead of forming jagaban to report
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by KingAzubuike(f): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
you have been known to be a big fool... I am not surprised at your exhibition.
Who do you think is your mate undecided
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Depressed101: 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
kingxsamz:

Your attitude towards others goes a long way.
If only you knew this.
If she did cherish her job, she'd know how to behave towards people.
She got what she deserved, it's no one's fault.
Not everyone can take bullsh!t.
like i said i would have accepted her apology and cautioned her.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Depressed101: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
Eagba:

if you're near me now, i would have strangled you and kick you to curb like the animal you are. but you know what? I'll ignore you like the fool you are. your lots are the problem with Nigeria and the black race at large. ( damn! i had to log in because of this fool)
egba...
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Depressed101: 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2019
Habeyy:

I understand your view
But the bitter truth must be revealed
We shouldn't sacrifice sanity because we don't want the perpetrator to suffer consequences.
Why don't you consider the stress,neglect,loss and irreparable damages the victims suffer

Let us all stop acting like gods when we simply need to apply morals,conscience and operational ethics

The woman lost her job because she didn't do it well
Simple as that
Shallom
i still would have accepted her apology and cautioned her instead.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by kingxsamz(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
like i said i would have accepted her apology and cautioned her.

Believe it or not, you're one of the problems we have in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Microfels: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:

Y'all talk about saner societies and how things are done right there, but when it's time to get real, you become sentimental and judgemental. Actions have consequences and the lady learnt that the hard way. When you really think about it, the lady didn't get her sacked, she only reported her. The decision to sack her was from her superiors, they could have just issued her a query or suspended her. Maybe it wasn't even her first time.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Depressed101: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
mysticgal:
[s]
You must be so incompetent to think sorry solves incompetence. Let me not kill you with words as you are depressed. Mtcheew

Your next mention would be ignored[/s]
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by seborrhic: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
miib:

How are u so sure someone has not reported her for one case of the other, or she has not had series of queries before!
That is exactly the point I was making.
That it could never have been because of her tearing that letter.
If you also scroll up you would see where the Op I quoted admitted in reply to my doubts that there were a series of panel meetings or investigations she had to attend.
But from her initial post she came around with the air of 'after tearing the letter,she wrote and prompto the woman was sacked'.
If further inquiries was made and the woman was actually sacked,which I even doubt because she said she heard;you may find it was from a series of far more grievious offences over the years,or she was a few months into her retirement and was asked to just take a terminal leave with benefit.
My grouse is,much as one detests the average civil servant attitude to work,I maintain that tearing of letter COULD NEVER,have been the reason for her sacking,IF AT ALL ANY SACKING DID TAKE PLACE.
The civil service all over the world is an establishment with rules and regulations guilding engagement and stricker with disengagement.
The same attitude the Op frowned about the civil servant is the same way I frown about the half truth if not outrightly lie she peddled.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Depressed101: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Who do you think is your mate undecided
you must be stupid to think that because you are not my mate you can start your statement to me with an abuse... Mcheewww
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by seborrhic: 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
amiibaby:
i don’t have to state how it all got to her being sack here cos I will be writing a very long epistle. All I did was summarize it ok. If u know how many panel we faced u won’t even say any negative thing about my write up. If you don’t believe me just scroll up u will find ur next victim ok
But you initially put it across that the letter you wrote directly led to her sacking.
If I hadn't called out how impossible it sounded,you wouldn't have added this addendum.
Much as her attitude is wrong,desirable or not her being sacked,I still put it that there is no way your letter alone led to her sacking which you are not even sure of because you said you heard.
You wanted to make yourself feel good or important but operative procedures don't work like that because if it did,your initial "summarized letter led to her sacking" theory would have won a place in the book of 'Unbelievable But True' happenings.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by amiibaby(f): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
Well I have no time to banter words with u
seborrhic:

But you initially put it across that the letter you wrote directly led to her sacking.
If I hadn't called out how impossible it sounded,you wouldn't have added this addendum.
Much as her attitude is wrong,desirable or not her being sacked,I still put it that there is no way your letter alone led to her sacking which you are not even sure of because you said you heard.
You wanted to make yourself feel good or important but operative procedures don't work like that because if it did,your initial "summarized letter led to her sacking" theory would have won a place in the book of 'Unbelievable But True' happenings.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Anti-Corruption Agency To Summon Sanusi Over Corruption Charges / Nnamdi Kanu: "Buhari Influencing Judges To Convinct Me" / Mimiko Meets With Striking Workers In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.